• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***Idaho Melee/Brawl Power Rankings***

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
N Idaho wants their own ranking and they live 7 hours away for us so there's no way we can put them in our rankings because we never see them play it's really pretty easy to understand.

thespymachine

Smash Ace
We'll get panelists, a ranking, and all that jazz done and finished on Saturday. Right now though, King and I are the only ones on PR. The last spot will be chosen though soon.

3 panelists works best because you get an odd amount of opinions so there is no tie-ing with lists n stuff.

Also, King. How early can you get to Rathdrum on Saturday? We're thinking about starting the tournament at 10 or 11. Because more people are coming than first expected, and we're doing a round robin and stuff. So it's going to take longer.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
you have to have at least three people on the panel.

My vote is for A
I was thinking of d?

I'm lying...

qraq? you gonna be a new panelist?

and yeah...and N. Idaho is not only separated by 7 hours, but 1-3 months out of the year, some of the main roads are closed...we are literally separated...

knuttz45

Smash Ace
I think he was talking about isolation and weather....but ok.
:) BC, you are my frosted flakes to my captain crunch...
We need qraq's input for the rankings...

then we will get N.Idaho's too...you guys just doing brawl, cause thats what's active up there? I would do a top 5, unless you have more than 25 people....

thespymachine

Smash Ace
We're going to have Brawl and Melee available at the tournament this Saturday. So really depending on how many play each, will decided on whether both with have a PR list or not.

Yeah, we're planning on doing a top 5 or 4, with 2 or 3 honorable mentions.

thespymachine

Smash Ace
North Idaho Rankings

Brawl (2/21/09):
1. SuperJoe - Lucario
2. Pyle - Olimar/Wario
3. LuigiKing - Luigi
4. Jinx - ZSS/Zelda
5. Cake - Pikachu/Snake
Honorable mentions: Moth, Duop, and Jake.

Melee (2/21/09):
1. LuigiKing - Luigi
2. Cake - Mr.Game & Watch/Falco
3. Pyle - Link/Y.Link
4. Duop - Jigglypuff/Marth
5. SuperJoe - Captain Falcon
Honorable mention: Jinx

gnosis

Smash Lord
Hey if I just destroy LuigiKing can I have number 1 or do I have to go to tournaments all the time too...?

Like I'm not saying I will or could I'm just curious of what my conditions are. For victory.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
...After doing research the past couple months...I'd like to say...
4 months later...

....MK shouldn't be banned....

begin discussion...

knuttz45

Smash Ace
Because people haven't been saying it for a while now anyways. XD
They have...its more for the rest of the idaho community :p But think, how many tournies have he had since the ban? 1?
unfortunately our community lacks tournaments. so it takes a while for things to see an effect...

thespymachine

Smash Ace
Hey if I just destroy LuigiKing can I have number 1 or do I have to go to tournaments all the time too...?

Like I'm not saying I will or could I'm just curious of what my conditions are. For victory.
Yeah, if you just beat LuigiKing once I'd say that you can have number one.

And we don't go to tournaments all the time, lol. Epecially for melee.

The thing is, I should be #1, but I went G&W the whole time in grand finals (except 1 game with falco and 1 with marth. it was two, best of five sets), not to take anything from LuigiKing, cause we was doing REALLY well at the end.

...After doing research the past couple months...I'd like to say...
4 months later...

....MK shouldn't be banned....

begin discussion...
Uh, I seriously think we should keep the MK ban. He ruins the counterpick system. But if you guys think we shouldn't have it, that's fine. N.Idaho doesn't have any MK players at all anyways, because we know he is gay to play as.

thespymachine

Smash Ace
Guitly Gear is considered one of the most balanced fighters ever. So of course it would break the counter-pick system. And I think (not for sure here) that GG tournaments you have to stick to one character the whole time, like in SF (usually).

In Smash you're able to switch characters and choose different stages.

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
North Idaho Rankings

Brawl (2/21/09):
1. SuperJoe - Lucario
2. Pyle - Olimar/Wario
3. LuigiKing - Luigi
4. Jinx - ZSS/Zelda
5. Cake - Pikachu/Snake
Honorable mentions: Moth, Duop, and Jake.

Melee (2/21/09):
1. LuigiKing - Luigi
2. Cake - Mr.Game & Watch/Falco
3. Pyle - Link/Y.Link
4. Duop - Jigglypuff/Marth
5. SuperJoe - Captain Falcon
Honorable mention: Jinx
Haha both events were sort of funny for me. I beat superjoe (and to some extent pyle) in friendlies every single weekend without fail. I don't know why I happened to lose this time, but whatever. And cake is better than jinx in brawl (from my observation), so I don't know why me and cake did so (relatively) bad in brawl =/

And melee I sucked hardcore at the beginning but once I got it figured out it went much better. I should have taken first in brawl and 3rd in melee though, seriously.

thespymachine

Smash Ace
Haha both events were sort of funny for me. I beat superjoe (and to some extent pyle) in friendlies every single weekend without fail. I don't know why I happened to lose this time, but whatever. And cake is better than jinx in brawl (from my observation), so I don't know why me and cake did so (relatively) bad in brawl =/

And melee I sucked hardcore at the beginning but once I got it figured out it went much better. I should have taken first in brawl and 3rd in melee though, seriously.
Yeah, I beat Jinx about 90% of the time. Then he beats me in tourney, lol.

And I'd have to say, if I went Falco in melee, I would have won. Instead of GnW. lol, again.

Uh Street Fighter allows counterpicks, it's just a lot more difficult to switch characters in it, namely Third Strike.
How more difficult?

Grunt

Smash Master
SF rules only allow loser to re-pick, sticking true to old arcade styles where the winner couldn't change anyways. 3rd strike is hard just because it's about as broken as Brawl. Yun has no bad matchups. you cannot pick another character against him and have a higher chance of winning. Picking Chun or Ken is as close as you can get, but his V-ism/custom combo/Genei Jin bull**** will get you every time. but why does no one want him banned? because you can still beat him. even if he is uncounterpickable, why wouldn't you wait until he actually destroys the whole **** game before you decide he's too good? Otherwise you're limiting it to a game of second-best before we know if a ban is really warranted.

That's my thoughts, but then again, I don't live in Idaho, so w/e. XD

thespymachine

Smash Ace
I see what you're saying. MK is[/b] beatable, and uncounterpickable.

I still stand with what I said though. I personally don't think MK should still be playable in tournaments due to his uncounterpickability. It seems that it just goes completely against how competitive smash works. You counter-pick your opponent, and he/she counter-picks you. With MK in the mix, I can choose MK to counter-pick my opponent, but then to beat me my opponent will go MK (or Snake). In the end making it a MK (and Snake) only, competitive game. In Melee, yes you saw a lot of Marths and Foxes, but you also saw a lot of Sheiks, Falcos, and Captain Falcons. Maybe with some time MK's matchups will start evening out. If that happens, then good. I'm proven wrong, and Brawl and continue with MK. But atm I don't like Brawl with MK.

I'm for the MK ban. Is everyone else is against it, that's fine. Not many Idaho players play MK anyways. lol

Also, Grunt. You not living Idaho doesn't matter, you can still spread your knowledge and thoughts.

Grunt

Smash Master
well if it turns out that suddenly MK has more even matchups, then you're only hurting yourself by not playing against him, and you'll run into a lot of the early problems we had against MK when everyone else has advanced past that point.

Also, Brawl has nowhere near the dominance Melee has right now. sure it's more balanced as a whole, but other characters get represented in brawl more than melee due to it being new. Brawl clearly is not a MK and Snake only game. Also, If I pick Fox in melee, who do use to counterpick me? Marth is as close as you can get, but still even. therefore by your logic melee is a fox and marth only game, but that's obviously not true.

No U

Smash Journeyman
Eh, all the top/high tiers in melee are pretty close. Just because he doesn't have a designated counterpick doesn't mean he doesn't have a bunch of characters that are about even with him in ability to ****.

thespymachine

Smash Ace
Snake has far more even match-ups than MK (MK doesn't have any), and Snake gets countered by DeDeDe, Wario, and possibly Marth. (MK doesn't get countered).

....but you do make a point.

No U

Smash Journeyman
I still think we should ban Lucario. I mean he gets more powerful as you do him damage broken much?

Top Bottom