• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[[Hyper Viper Beam]]MWC Event in Ann Arbor, MI [[Nov. 7-8]]

lain

Smash Master
I would like a good reason to keep a wonderful stage like Luigi's Mansion on when:

1. It takes at least 6 minutes to complete if we're lucky.
1a. Thereby wasting time

2. it has become the instant ban for many people, regardless of who they're playing against.

3. 80% of the stage is a cave of eternity. Why not just allow a counterpick of Hyrule, "You can only fight underground".

No thank you.

Btw my cellphone is 734.272.7347. Go ahead and text me and then I can go hop online.

:colorful:

Kel

Smash Master
I feel like the stage has a lot of parallels to sky world in the sense that the ceilings are dumb and allow "combos" that are incredibly hard to get out of by mashing up on the c-stick, b, or some other ridiculously easy thing to rack up damage. Also, the "you can break the stage" excuse is kind of moot in 1v1 play, seeing as you have to stale your moves and put yourself at risk to destroy it, and even if you do, the stage respawns in less than 10 seconds after the last piece is gone. Also, the huge problem with stalling is involved. Basically, I see zero reason to have it being allowed in doubles play, but absolutely no reason to allow it in 1v1.

While no one is really calling for the banning of it, no one likes it. There's no one who would really be against banning it and to prove it, I can take a vote and show that most people really don't care for it.
You aren't just supposed to mash Up. Smash is more complex than that. Also, if you miss a tech on a combo, there IS A WAY TO GET OUT OF THINGS. However, I haven't told anyone this because this stage is my counterpick and it's not my fault people don't familiarize themselves with the game they're playing before they enter tournaments. No, people break the stage all the time in a couple hits. All GAW needs to do is Dair the stage twice and it's broken. The stage is also used to recharge moves, not just stale them. The stage takes 20 seconds to respawn, not "less than 10". I have NEVER seen a match on Luigi's Mansion go to time.

Lain, sometimes brawl matches take a long time. Every match I had with NOJ and you went to 7 minutes or more, and that was on starter stages! Sometimes matches are going to take a while. It happens; and more often than not when you get a couple of skilled players going at it.

People insta ban it against me because I'm really good at the stage. If someone else was really good at a stage, I'd ban it too.

80% of the stage is the cave of eternity is like using evo's 95% of the stage is lava john on Norfair. Oh, and the cave is BREAKABLE.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
The SBR ruleset has Luigi's listed under "Counter," not "Counter/Banned." If I'm not mistaken, that distinctly means it's *NOT* up to the TO if the TO wants his tournament to be in line with the accepted norms. Seeing as this is a circuit event I very strongly feel it should.

It's a great stage, and it's very strategic when you consider that standing under the platforms is simultaneously the best and worst place to stand on the stage-- it keeps you alive, but it also makes you vulnerable to being bounced off of them. Plus, both players can try to control the stage by knocking down parts of it whenever it's convenient.

It helps lots of characters, not just MK, and techchases (they're not combos) under the platforms are much easier to escape than people seem to realize.

My match with Ripple from Rofa's on this stage was one of my favorite Brawl matches so far, really:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovOmesZrfkw

Overswarm

is laughing at you
as for the luigi's mansion thing.... it prolly should be on. If you have an issue with the time running out on this stage, I think it is more important to lower the timer. >_>

In your defense though, when the SBR votes again Luigi's mansion will probably end up on the counter/banned list. As of now, however, we've only seen two scenarios with this stage:

Scenario A: Experienced player vs. inexperienced player = *****

Scenario B: Two experienced players going back and forth for a long time

Never just one experienced player versus an inexperienced player taking forever. The only time it lasts a long time is when it would generally last a while anyways >_>

Vayseth

Smash Master
I don't know what the "smash norm" is. The only place that seems to be coming even close to defending the SBR's rule set is the Midwest. EVERY west coast and Florida tournament has VERY limited stage selection and I wouldn't be surprised if the East Coast and Texas were the same. Texas even banned ICs chan grabs.

The point being, there is no standard rule set for this game, and that being said, any TO should be able to ban whatever they want. I would understand if you all said "but we've been using the same rule set for all the circuit events, so don't change them now" but I know for a fact that the rules for EACH TOURNAMENT have been drastically different from one another, especially in stage lists. Therefore, it shouldn't matter of this TO deems a stage or two unnecessary.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
This is exactly why I said the SBR shouldn't have just released a "suggested list of recommended rules" and been more clear-cut in the stances made. But whateva, I'll just go with the flow.

And Alex, you know just as well as I do that the ICs chain grabs were only banned in Texas until the SBR ruleset was released.

Vayseth

Smash Master
Yep, I didn't think I needed to state the obvious, and more just point out how far the rules differ based on region. The fact that they don't anymore is irrelevant. The point is, they were the only region to do so and when DSF came here all he did was complain about the stages, which makes me think that the West Coast doesn't use the SBR rule set either.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
If the other regions wanted different rules, they could have voted. In fact, they did, and most of them voted *not* to ban Luigi's, otherwise it wouldn't be in the "Counter" list.

There *is* a standard rule set. That's what the SBR ruleset is supposed to be. That's why it exists. Individual TO's aren't prohibited from deviating from it, but in the interest of consistency it's usually a good idea to stick to it, especially for an extended thing like a circuit event. By banning the stage, you'd be inhibiting those players who plan on using it to accrue some points-- who may or may not have had the same idea at previous events where it *was* allowed. It's like changing the rules partway through the game. The players who utilized the "broken" rule before have already profited from it. Dropping it midgame isn't exactly fair.

BIG C

Smash Master
If the other regions wanted different rules, they could have voted. In fact, they did, and most of them voted *not* to ban Luigi's, otherwise it wouldn't be in the "Counter" list.

There *is* a standard rule set. That's what the SBR ruleset is supposed to be. That's why it exists. Individual TO's aren't prohibited from deviating from it, but in the interest of consistency it's usually a good idea to stick to it, especially for an extended thing like a circuit event. By banning the stage, you'd be inhibiting those players who plan on using it to accrue some points-- who may or may not have had the same idea at previous events where it *was* allowed. It's like changing the rules partway through the game. The players who utilized the "broken" rule before have already profited from it. Dropping it midgame isn't exactly fair.
rofl but this discussion being had and the posting of the rules informs them of it not being on making it completely fair as they have prior knowledge that the stage isn't on. THEREFORE they should not plan on the stage being their counter as it is banned at this tournament. It's not like they were just like hey Mansion isn't on a day before the tournament. All I can say is it's a T.O's choice especially on stage list as it was with the melee circuits before and if the Circuit organizers dislike it take it up with the tournament organizer in a different fashion than clogging up this thread or just say "hey this isn't gonna be a circuit event if you don't put it on." IF they feel that strongly.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
rofl but this discussion being had and the posting of the rules informs them of it not being on making it completely fair as they have prior knowledge that the stage isn't on. THEREFORE they should not plan on the stage being their counter as it is banned at this tournament. It's not like they were just like hey Mansion isn't on a day before the tournament.
Two circuit events have already gone by with Luigi's Mansion on. This means that players with foresight were already rewarded for seeing the value of the stage. Removing it now wouldn't change that. It'd only punish those who've learned the value of the stage in hindsight. Everyone got stomped for two events, and now they don't even have the opportunity of giving guys like Kel-- who have the sense to pick a good stage when it's available-- a taste of their own medicine.

Think of it like this. Say at the beginning of an NFL season, a smart coach comes up with a new offensive formation that's very different from what most defensive teams are used to, but still technically legal. For the first half of their season they power through everybody since nobody has yet figured out how to combat them.

Halfway through the season a bunch of naysayers-- and these people aren't even in charge of the NFL as a whole, just the stadiums-- decides the formation is "against the spirit of the game" for some arbitrary reason, and rewrites the rules to disallow it. Trouble is, the team that originally used it have already spent half a season ****** with it. Taking it away now would not change that. It would, however, prevent other teams from learning from it and adapting it into their own strategies.

It puts the original inventor team at a very sharp advantage-- even more than they already had from just coming up with the idea. Now they don't have to worry about how to beat that formation themselves, because nobody else will get a chance to use it.

All I can say is it's a T.O's choice especially on stage list as it was with the melee circuits before and if the Circuit organizers dislike it take it up with the tournament organizer in a different fashion than clogging up this thread or just say "hey this isn't gonna be a circuit event if you don't put it on." IF they feel that strongly.
You know, I would, but I'm not a Circuit organizer. Hence I voice my opinions here. I'd also rather see a more civil solution than taking away circuit status entirely. I'm sure Kel feels the same.

BIG C

Smash Master
Two circuit events have already gone by with Luigi's Mansion on. This means that players with foresight were already rewarded for seeing the value of the stage. Removing it now wouldn't change that. It'd only punish those who've learned the value of the stage in hindsight. Everyone got stomped for two events, and now they don't even have the opportunity of giving guys like Kel-- who have the sense to pick a good stage when it's available-- a taste of their own medicine.
Well, all I can say top that is a big whoop dee doo, it's one stage not like 12, there are other stages to choose from. If they planned so heavily on using the mansion that sucks a big one for them but, it shouldn't hinder anyone so much that it has to be put back on. It's one stage, everyone should have more than one counterpick anyway. If they learned of it in hindsight, that sucks, but the fact remains until there is a set circuit rule list and it's put into effect it is completely and entirely up to a TO what they want to put on as stages.

Even if there is a "recommended rule list" from the SBR there are still people like me who don't feel, based on the rules that were put forth and the ones that weren't put forth, that their views are well enough represented in the community of the SBR. This is why like none of the other coasts major tournaments have been going by it, and using their own stages which normally total around 14-20 stages, instead of a possible 27. They don't want mario circuit and onett to be on or the mansion, so guess what they take them off. They FEEL that they are banworthy and shouldn't be in tournaments. This is what a T.O does.

I will take it back to the past circuits of melee, where at some events Rainbow Cruise was on random, and they even did the Ship 11 as a neutral set at FOB5:FOB6. Now at other circuit events RC was not on random, and there was no Ship 11, these decisions were left entirely up to the T.O as it is their decision to make. The T.O is the person who goes through all the work of securing a venue and running the tournament and they get to decide the rules.

Just because a group of people join together and decide on what rules are to be used for tournaments does not mean that everyone will agree, this is the case here. I'm not even debating the fact of Mansion being banned for a legit reason, I'm only debating the fact that it should be entirely up to the T.O to make the stage list at their own tournament.

Also, the circuit began before the SBR rules even came out and this was the first circuit event's stage list

Neutrals:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium 1

Counterpicks:
Luigi's Mansion
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Pirate Ship
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar

Which has 6 less stages than the this event.

Rofa's event had 2 more than HVB

Starter:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Castle Siege
Pokémon Stadium 1
Halberd

Counter Picks:
Delfino Plaza
Lylat Cruise
Brinstar
Corneria
Distant Planet
Frigate Orpheon
Green Hill Zone
Jungle Japes
Luigi's Mansion
Norfair
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
Yoshi's Island (Pipes)

I would get WTON's stage list but, it wasn't posted in this form and I don't feel like figuring it out.Rofa's event was after the rule list came out. As it has been the T.O's decision on stage's for the past 3 events it should continue to be the T.O's decision now or it is not FAIR to the T.O.

EDIT. HOW COME NO ONE IS COMPLAINING ABOUT GREEN HILL ZONE BEING OFF IT IS ON COUNTER NOT COUNTER/BANNED??? HOW COME ONLY LUIGI'S IS BEING BROUGHT UP???? POSSIBLY A BIAS (ooooooh)

Kel

Smash Master
No, it doesn't. There was a clear cut winner in that match. Also, the timer was only on 7 minutes. And that isn't our region.
I don't know what the "smash norm" is. The only place that seems to be coming even close to defending the SBR's rule set is the Midwest. EVERY west coast and Florida tournament has VERY limited stage selection and I wouldn't be surprised if the East Coast and Texas were the same. Texas even banned ICs chan grabs.

The point being, there is no standard rule set for this game, and that being said, any TO should be able to ban whatever they want. I would understand if you all said "but we've been using the same rule set for all the circuit events, so don't change them now" but I know for a fact that the rules for EACH TOURNAMENT have been drastically different from one another, especially in stage lists. Therefore, it shouldn't matter of this TO deems a stage or two unnecessary.
Think of regions in smash as having their own flavor. Just like regions have different accents and cooking in America, the same is true for different playstyles in smash bros. One of the Midwest's strong points is the fact that we play a plethora of stages. Who cares if CA and FL only play on FD? That only hinders their overall game. DSF bad mouthed our stages because he was frustrated about having to think differently about the game. He wouldn't have cared if he trampled over everyone. You know what he said right after Sliq and I beat him and Rofa? "IT DOESN'T MATTER! YOU AREN'T GOING TO WIN THE TOURNAMENT ANYWAY!" He then ripped out his controller and went to pout while playing lvl 1 cpus. He was a sore loser and needed someway to console himself to make himself feel better for losing. DSF is a great player, but when he has to think differently about the game he gets anxious and frustrated. Of course he wasn't happy about having to encounter things in the game that he normally doesn't. If you're really that adamant about "gay stages", then it shouldn't matter anyway if you win the starter and then you win your counterpick. Especially if that "gay stage" has nothing wrong with it and is good for a multitude of characters. And don't even get me started on Texas.

And I told you last night that I ultimately don't care how you guys decide to do the stages. One of the benefits of the circuit is to see how different rule sets affect outcomes and to see what works best for everyone. So, really, I don't like the fact that you're trying to ban a stage for no good reason, but I would NEVER jump in and tell you how to run your tournament. However, this is LAINS tournament and he STILL NEEDS TO TALK TO ME ABOUT HIS TOURNAMENT AND HOW IT FALLS IN THE CIRCUIT.

Lain, call me xoxo ;)

BIG C

Smash Master
No, it doesn't. There was a clear cut winner in that match. Also, the timer was only on 7 minutes. And that isn't our region.

Think of regions in smash as having their own flavor. Just like regions have different accents and cooking in America, the same is true for different playstyles in smash bros. One of the Midwest's strong points is the fact that we play a plethora of stages. Who cares if CA and FL only play on FD? That only hinders their overall game. DSF bad mouthed our stages because he was frustrated about having to think differently about the game. He wouldn't have cared if he trampled over everyone. You know what he said right after Sliq and I beat him and Rofa? "IT DOESN'T MATTER! YOU AREN'T GOING TO WIN THE TOURNAMENT ANYWAY!" He then ripped out his control and went to pout while playing lvl 1 cpus. He was a sore loser and needed someway to console himself to make himself feel better. DSF is a great player in his region, but when he has to think differently about the game he gets anxious and frustrated. If you're really that adamant about "gay stages", then it shouldn't matter anyway if you win the starter and then you win your counterpick. Especially if that "gay stage" has nothing wrong with it and is good for a multitude of characters. And don't even get me started on Texas.

And I told you last night that I ultimately don't care how you guys decide to do the stages. One of the benefits of the circuit is to see how different rule sets affect outcomes and to see what works best for everyone. So, really, I don't like the fact that you're trying to ban a stage for no good reason, but I would NEVER jump in and tell you how to run your tournament. However, this is LAINS tournament and he STILL NEEDS TO TALK TO ME ABOUT HIS TOURNAMENT AND HOW IT FALLS IN THE CIRCUIT.

Lain, call me xoxo ;)
rofl, this was the MW strat in melee as well and I mean if i remember correctly we got ***** by EC, WC, and South in tournaments. I still believe we should follow suit with the other regions there is no point to having all the stages on if they wouldn't be on at other region's tournaments.

Zjiin

Smash Master
Think of regions in smash as having their own flavor. Just like regions have different accents and cooking in America, the same is true for different playstyles in smash bros. One of the Midwest's strong points is the fact that we play a plethora of stages.
Yeah, go Midwest, the people who get beat in smash and instead of practicing on what's important, increase the number of levels allowed in tournaments.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Yeah, go Midwest, the people who get beat in smash and instead of practicing on what's important, increase the number of levels allowed in tournaments.
Yeah, it isn't the whole "we have to drive 4 1/2 hours for a tournament once a month while EC and WC complain about driving one". Yeah, can't be it.

Zjiin

Smash Master
Yeah, it isn't the whole "we have to drive 4 1/2 hours for a tournament once a month while EC and WC complain about driving one". Yeah, can't be it.
All the johns you wanna throw out isn't going to make the MW any better. You seclude and limit yourself if you practice stages that the rest of the country isn't going to allow anyways. Apparently, midwest tournament hosts don't mind contining to be the laughingstock when it comes to stages.

Vayseth

Smash Master
Dr. X-
Your football analogy is pretty bad, especially since in this case the people who made the rules did not go out and say, "This is a RECOMMENDED rule set, but TOs can do what they want." What you are referring to is less about a stage issue, and more about a wavedashing or random AT issue. The argument would fit there. Ya know, a new way of playing the game that ***** and some people banned it as opposed to learning about it. In football, all of the stadiums are the EXACT same by regulation and you don't have random pitfalls or one field made of "95% lava" (a bad joke). To make a sports analogy to fit this, it would have to be Kel's grass vs clay court discussion he brought up a couple months ago. Depending on what field you play on, the game changes a lot, and certain players are better/worse on one field or another, kind of like characters and stages in this game.
Also to correct you, all three circuit events have had it on, and the amount of people wasting their ban on Luigi's Mansion has increased exponentially. It's like when we used to hit the random button instead of using stage strike. EVERYONE, at least one person per match banned Lylat Cruise because no one wanted to play on it. In this case, I feel like people are uselessly wasting a ban on something that probably should not be allowed in the first place.

Kel-
Until Lain comes out and says it, I am not the TO of this tournament and have no intentions of being so. Unless lain asks me, I'd rather not run another circuit event and instead have fun and actually get to play people. So, to everyone out there, my opinions I'm giving are not as a TO or even possible TO of this tournament, but more as a possible attendee of it.
With that aside, I have always thought that this idea of a "recommended" rule set will continue to make the smash metagame stagnate by not saying what is EXACTLY allowed and not allowed. In this case, I would implore any other people running circuit events in the future CLEARLY lay out a rule set that MUST be accepted by a TO if they are going to run a circuit event. That goes for if there must be pools or not, how much is taken out of the pot for the final event, what stage list is allowed, and what optional rules are enforced for the ENTIRETY of the circuit event series. Therefore, Kel, I ask that you do that if you are the person to run the spring circuit event series as well. And, to be fair, I would ask that you allow the people of the midwest to also vote things in, because just blanketly accepting the SBR rule set would prevent the midwest itself from having its own special "flavor" as you put it.

Anther

Smash Champion
XD, Luigi's is on a whole nother level of counter pick compared to stages like Norfair/Pictochat/or even Green Hill Zone. If you don't see Luigi's giving an Immense advantage to meta then you need to seriously look at the way his advantages grow. Plenty of characters advantages grow in a way that makes gameplay into a "Throw out fast forward attacks that block the entire hallway or dash in and grab mistakes because other options like jumping over stuff is a bad idea now."

I don't want to start johning about how the tornado becomes stupid in the fact that you can't jump over it at all to counter it (or DI to escape it because there's an effing wall there XD), or how easily metaknight gets you cornered because his attacks make your only good option to throw out a long range high priority move so he can't **** you with his specials that already are pretty effective without a ceiling stopping you from being able to escape or counter them at mid-range.

Plus, the fact that the mansion is breakable is laughable. It's gone for 20 seconds, you get a total of 10-15 seconds to get a character with one of the fastest run speeds in the game, an amazing defensive game, and I'll even mention that he has a long lasting attack that takes 'flukes' of precision for other characters to beat.

The stage isn't that bad normally, but just the fact that it's a questionable counterpick if you aren't choosing metaknight for the fact that just standing inside of the mansion instantly gives you a huge position advantage no matter the other player's efforts makes me wonder how it's lasted so long ;p. Sure there's the strategy of replenishing moves by hitting the pillars... which sounds kinda deep >.>.

Luigi's just kinda lopsides matchups as opposed to just changing the dynamics a bit imo. I still don't mind any other stages and I'm gonna waste my ban on it regardless so, nyeh =p.

Vayseth

Smash Master
After a long deliberation and a long time trying to find out which tournaments use what rules I have come down to a decision:

EVERYONE uses different rules.

I have seen no two tournaments with the same rules, even ones in the same series, inside of regions or even between two regions. Some do weird things like Norfair is doubles only, or allow Hanenbow all the time (kind of common, actually) which makes me think...

1. Why is everyone complaining?
2. What good is the SBR rule set if no one uses it?

I suggest to those in the SBR to bring this issue up and see what can be done about it. And I would suggest that if the SBR is going to be making all of these decisions that a good majority of the back room should be voting on it. Also, it would be a good idea to see exactly how many people from each region are actually in the SBR, because I think the SBR is dominated by the midwest and the east coast (just from looking at purple names/mods) which makes me think that their "flavors" are getting over represented. If this is an SBR stage list issue, then I feel like we have the right to question what actually happened there instead of just blindly following what some people with different colored names say.

BTW, anther has much better reasons than the rest of us.

dingding

Smash Ace
luigis is great for other chars like.. mario....

because.. when mario up throws, or up tilt... and then you can infinite them with jab lock =P and if you wanna tech it, u gotta have fast reactions.. its faster then g/w's d throw d smash

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
Counterpicks
Castle Siege
Delfino
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Brinstar
Corneria
Distant Planet
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Norfair
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
Onnett
-----------------------------------
Onett? Interesting...

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Luigi's mansion does give an extreme advantage to Meta; I agree.

Just throwing that out there.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Turn back on Green Hill Zone. How could you possibly turn that off but leave Onett on? Lain, you're gonna get a talkin' to when I see you next time.

Also, it would be a good idea to see exactly how many people from each region are actually in the SBR, because I think the SBR is dominated by the midwest and the east coast (just from looking at purple names/mods) which makes me think that their "flavors" are getting over represented. If this is an SBR stage list issue, then I feel like we have the right to question what actually happened there instead of just blindly following what some people with different colored names say.
This is like the 5th time I've told you, but the Midwest isn't over represented in the SBR at all.

Vayseth

Smash Master
I would just like to see numbers is all. I fully understand (especially with the amount of traffic and therefore trolls) why there are private rooms to do some intelligent discussion, but I'm starting to get more and more annoyed that smart players and TOs especially are being left out of the loop and just have to blindly accept what the SBR gives us. I'm sure you all are doing a lot of deliberation back there, but it'd be nice to see why things went they way the did.

For example, how pipes was not in the counter/banned category? When people see the stage list, I don't see how ANYONE believes it is a legit stage for any other purpose than a decent meta counter, that I can think of. If that's how the smash back room voted, that's perfectly fine to me, I would just like to know why. Everyone's telling me to give reasons for banning a stage or allowing something else but the SBR is allowed to be utterly and completely confidential without giving a peep other than "we voted on it."

Basically, as far as the rule set is concerned, I'm kind of annoyed that TOs are semi-pressured to use a rule set that they had no say in, especially first-time TOs like lain, even if we have "choices" available to us in the rule set. I know creating a rule set that everyone can agree on is literally impossible, but I would love to at least be able to participate in that discussion in some way, shape, or form. Either by allowing a discussion on the main boards, or in some other avenue. Maybe be a bit stricter on who gets blue names and have a room for TOs to go to so they can communicate directly to the SBR? That would be cool.

Kel

Smash Master
Vayseth, I did ask for input and recommendations for the circuit. The problem was that no one that currently plays Brawl had also played in the Melee circuits. I'm always open up to suggestions and creative thinking. Please suggest something if you feel the need to do so. I also didn't want to start the circuit until September or October, but I got an overwhelming response that everyone wanted it to be in the Summer. That's why everything is pretty much play-by-ear. It worked for the first Melee circuit the same way. I wouldn't mind organizing a circuit again, but I really want set tournament dates the next time.

But I still think that the rules should differ at least a little bit from TO to TO.

lain

Smash Master
Ok, so the only person who can house is I guess SamuraiPanda.

This causes problems, as we need housers. There's an alternative though:

The various hotels near where I live offer special discounts on groups and stuff, so I'll go check out about that.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
I'd continue the Luigi's Mansion debate but honestly... All I really have to say that I haven't already is that Zjiin's a scrub.

Whatever Kel's cool with, I'm cool with, I guess. I wasn't planning on picking the stage myself. *shrug*

Vayseth

Smash Master
Vayseth, I did ask for input and recommendations for the circuit. The problem was that no one that currently plays Brawl had also played in the Melee circuits. I'm always open up to suggestions and creative thinking. Please suggest something if you feel the need to do so. I also didn't want to start the circuit until September or October, but I got an overwhelming response that everyone wanted it to be in the Summer. That's why everything is pretty much play-by-ear. It worked for the first Melee circuit the same way. I wouldn't mind organizing a circuit again, but I really want set tournament dates the next time.

But I still think that the rules should differ at least a little bit from TO to TO.
Yeah, honestly I heard about the circuit kind of last minute myself, and by the time I even knew what it was, thax and everyone was already heading out to the first event. Next time though, I'll be able to contribute a little better.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Ban ****ing luigi's mansion, you're going to have a metaknight spam the crap out ppl and win soley because they have a b button all shiny on their controller. It's not fair to certain characters, I feel it should be banned in all tournaments, but thats my horrible opinion.

Top Bottom