• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Divinokage

Smash Legend
For the first time in my life I beat Vwins in PM and in Melee WF one set vs his Peach and then he bodied me with his Marth in GF. Omg.. playing the neutral against him is ridiculous. A good Marth vs Ganon = you have extremely limited approach options. I was thinking hard about it and came up with basically not much.. lol. The curse is finally broken though!

Divinokage

Smash Legend
**** yeah. Also I hope you guys got some footage.
Ya guaranteed it will be very helpful vs Fox/Marth/Peach. Just gotta wait until the vid is up I guess.

Vwins and I also did double Ganon and we figured out a way to perfectly techchase someone that is knocked down by covering every single option, it was wayy too funny. I hope those vids are also uploaded, it was my highlight of that tournament omg.. lol.

Last edited:

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
I'd really like to see Vwins' Marth vs Kage and how it plays. Maybe through those videos we can really see that a specific Marth playstyle can really shut down a lot of what Ganon can do, making the matchup look more like 55-45 at best if played that way.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I'd really like to see Vwins' Marth vs Kage and how it plays. Maybe through those videos we can really see that a specific Marth playstyle can really shut down a lot of what Ganon can do, making the matchup look more like 55-45 at best if played that way.
He's like a mini-PP his Marth. Extremely hard to bait him to attack. His dashdancing and counter-attacking are really on-point so trying to approach his Marth is super hard. He spaces in a way where even if i throw out a grounded move or try to get him from above hes always going to be ready for it. My goal is to catch him slipping in the corner but often im the one that got caught because i misspaced just slightly. But I also realized my timing was off in a few of my counter-attacks so i got caught in his nair a little too much which caused me to be in the corner instead. He barely misses his grab tech chases as well which is really annoying because you cant move lol.

Last edited:

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
I've stepped my game down in the past couple months. Guini still has a lot over me for sure lol, but I'll be playing more and it'll come back.

I can't wait for EVO. Who's going?
So far, I have:

Spidey
ACE
Me

Who else??

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
Man, I've been playing this game for over 25 months now and I wish I was even remotely close to where Linguini was when he was at 10 months.

On Another Note: I am 100 ****ing percent going to CEO and there is nothing stopping me.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I like 20XG as in 20XGerudo and how do you regrab link at 0-12% for the CG
You wait for the dash animation to be up, then dash + jc grab as fast as you can. For DI behind at that % turnaround grab should suffice but don't quote me.

The key is getting used to the delay, gotta input the dash ASAP. try bowser lol. Level 1

YvngFlameHoe

Smash Ace
You wait for the dash animation to be up, then dash + jc grab as fast as you can. For DI behind at that % turnaround grab should suffice but don't quote me.

The key is getting used to the delay, gotta input the dash ASAP. try bowser lol. Level 1
420XG, So I just dash, then as soon as he dashes jc grab? cause I can do that at later percents (20% n up) no problem

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
420XG, So I just dash, then as soon as he dashes jc grab? cause I can do that at later percents (20% n up) no problem
Yeah. Go from cg'ing Fox to bowser and the difference in the delay is evident. If you stare at Ganon while cg'ing you'll see exactly when the dthrow animation ends.

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
Why do we always talk about which Ganons smoke weed? This is like the third time I've seen this come up in this thread since I started posting.

Anyway, here's a question. What do you guys think of up-b? Underutilized or over-utilized?

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
It's a ganon social thread; go ahead and talk about whatever you want, as long as it isn't dumb @ss $hit like superspright telling everyone about proper diet or whatever.

In regards to up-b: underutilized AF. Good counter to shield dropping, and spot dodging around it does not work because of its active frames. Rolling can work, I guess, but they'll be in their shield to roll, so even that is risky. If they bait it (has happened to me LITERALLY zero times so far), then consequences can obviously be disastrous, so, like anything else, use it sparingly and when you know you've got the read.

That being said, the only way my opponents can get around it is by jumping, so mixing in with up air is obviously a great way to continue hitting your opponent, even if they have frame advantage.

One thing I've been attempting (with varying levels of success) is ledge canceling the up-b, so even if it misses, you're safe. People have started calling it out ever since Bizz started doing it, but Eddie J. Howells originally taught me about it and (shameless self-plug incoming) I've been doing it for at least a year prior to Bizz - or at least prior to him popularizing it. I'd label it an extremely viable technique when used sparingly.

Last edited:

Coastward

Smash Lord
got 2nd in pm, 2nd in teams and 5th in singles today. made a **** ton of cash, feels good.

got double eliminated by sheiks though, ****s so demoralizing. **** sheik players and **** em hard.

Top Bottom