• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I just did a down-b COMPLETELY THROUGH A CROUCHING JIGGS. No exchange, no phantom. Then immediately dash attacked completely through him, no hit whatsoever. **** that character.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Had a bye, beat a doc, lost to rula (falco), beat some wobbling ass IC's then had to forfeit. First 2 sets recorded. Rula is going to take some getting used to. He leveled up over the past few months.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Easy on the old frauds remark, you're cuttin deep.

Lol. That sucks. It's a long drive too right through Ft Trafficdale at the worst possible time. You gotta grind bro, at least your tech should be good if you have a cube. I'm still working on that

@spider_sense we gotta play more man, every day I'm either going to fish or smash and if you can come through we'll get games in at clays. Like 4 times a week let's do this

Renth

Smash Hero
I just did a down-b COMPLETELY THROUGH A CROUCHING JIGGS. No exchange, no phantom. Then immediately dash attacked completely through him, no hit whatsoever. **** that character.
Huh.. Thought you could only ever down b over kirby. Must have had weird spacing.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Huh.. Thought you could only ever down b over kirby. Must have had weird spacing.
He was mid way through the down-b animation. He literally could have rested at any point. Never seen it happen before, I was shocked.

Edit: ceo registration is $50?!?! Yo fvck that.

Last edited:

Renth

Smash Hero
He was mid way through the down-b animation. He literally could have rested at any point. Never seen it happen before, I was shocked.

Edit: ceo registration is $50?!?! Yo fvck that.
Oh hey! now you know why i'm not going LOL. Well, that's not the real reason. Money is whatever honestly. I never practice, i rarely travel and I never really want to play much these days. Unless I'm making another Kage Bomb video. Meh.

Renth

Smash Hero
Lol. Do I need to bring back your melee spirit?
Nah. Let it die.

Honestly, as much passion as I have to not lose in matches. I have no interest in spending hours and hours training and improving. I just wanna swag out time to time.

Zigludo

Smash Journeyman
Lol. That sucks. It's a long drive too right through Ft Trafficdale at the worst possible time. You gotta grind bro, at least your tech should be good if you have a cube. I'm still working on that
ain't that long lol. I drive from Naples every week

oh btw you missed out last night, grand finals was insane. blea gelo reset bracket to beat Porkchops 3-2 and 3-2

Last edited:

YvngFlameHoe

Smash Ace
Oh hey! now you know why i'm not going LOL. Well, that's not the real reason. Money is whatever honestly. I never practice, i rarely travel and I never really want to play much these days. Unless I'm making another Kage Bomb video. Meh.
Man gimme yo sponsor -_-

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
ain't that long lol. I drive from Naples every week

oh btw you missed out last night, grand finals was insane. blea gelo reset bracket to beat Porkchops 3-2 and 3-2
Yeah I'm sure Michelangelo was happy about that. He honestly hasn't been on his game the past 3 months but that'll change.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
New videos ganons. Enjoy.
VS Hindawg (Falco) - Seriously **** this matchup. Can someone PLEASE critique me? I've only beaten this guy one time because **** that bird. Also, if one of you could tell me WHY I'm getting hit and how to avoid follow ups, I would be most grateful.

Paging @ L Linguini

VS Sago (Marth) - Terrible set LOL but at least I won. Second match was ok, I guess. FYI, you'll probably want to mute the commentary because it may make your ears bleed. Why these guys were allowed on the mic is a mystery to me.

P.S. yes, the same Sago that was randomly in the documentary haha. "Johns, just Johns."
Awesome dude.

Last edited:

tm

Smash Ace
New videos ganons. Enjoy.
VS Hindawg (Falco) - Seriously **** this matchup. Can someone PLEASE critique me? I've only beaten this guy one time because **** that bird. Also, if one of you could tell me WHY I'm getting hit and how to avoid follow ups, I would be most grateful.

Paging @ L Linguini

VS Sago (Marth) - Terrible set LOL but at least I won. Second match was ok, I guess. FYI, you'll probably want to mute the commentary because it may make your ears bleed. Why these guys were allowed on the mic is a mystery to me.

P.S. yes, the same Sago that was randomly in the documentary haha. "Johns, just Johns."
Awesome dude.
Short tips:
Don't shield so much
DI combos better
Don't miss techs on the ground
DI fthrow offstage 45 degrees up and in
Smash out of tumble + airdodge his super high upB, it's never a true combo

Renth

Smash Hero
twitch.tv/Lunacy_renth

Local Gainesville Tournament! Feat. Moltov, Jrad (I win for my fans) Renth, and many more!

Coastward

Smash Lord
i won my local :)

mentality has greatly improved since my debacle at GOML, feeling pretty good. i feel like my neutral game has improved a bit, i need to be a bit more patient though. i really don't know how to play ganon defensively though, maybe that's something i should work on next (CC, DIing stuff)?

Top Bottom