• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

ChemX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mychemmeghan
I just played about 5 hours of smash...

Turns out its not ganondorf I was bored of, I just needed some motivation some fire. MLG was hype so I got hyped and played really well today with the dark lord

Note: I have emo moments, I am a child at times, I often claim to hate ganondorf and that I am not playing him.

Note Note:

@ Эикельманн [РУС] Эикельманн [РУС] KNows me very well
Truuuuu

tm

Smash Ace
I need to start visualizing a bubble around my opponent where the bubble is the area that they can immediately attack. I still keep forgetting the range of Marth's attack and get hit off guard when I'm trying to dashout of range and get tippered. Getting tippered out of nowhere when you're trying to space is one of the most annoying things marth can do to me. That and doing tech-chases off down-throw.
His techchasing might be frustrating, but his throws do almost no damage. I often tech away (permitting there is room on the stage) and there is usually not enough time for him to get it on reaction. Just make sure you don't tech into a position where he can tipper you, because that's far worse than regrabs. One time I got techchased around for like 10 throws, but on the next one I was able to get out and got like two hits on him, and those 2 hits did just as much damage as all of his techchasing did, and I no longer feared that.

Clocked

Smash Apprentice
I tech in place once or twice at the beginning of the match to see if I can get them to expect it, and then I start teching away. If they know you're gonna tech away they can easily punish Ganon on it.

tm

Smash Ace
I tech in place once or twice at the beginning of the match to see if I can get them to expect it, and then I start teching away. If they know you're gonna tech away they can easily punish Ganon on it.
Thing is if you tech away they have to read it. Once you start forcing them to read you, you can easily mix it up and they will drop it.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
marth can still regrab. if the marth drops the techchase he screwed up. **** isnt the easiest thing to do but marth is capable. then just fsmash if ganon has some % and rolls toward the ledge... then you're offstage and get rekt. But I'll agree marths arent gay enough. they often drop something and let you go.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
if you're a lurking ganondorf and you're going to CEO, SAY HELLO. don't be shy. i know there's some lurkin ass niggas in the ganondorf boards and i wanna meet all of them some day.

also, i've been on point with my chaingrabs lately. hope i can get on stream and do some **** this weekend.

Last edited:

Renth

Smash Hero
if you're a lurking ganondorf and you're going to CEO, SAY HELLO. don't be shy. i know there's some lurkin *** niggas in the ganondorf boards and i wanna meet all of them some day.

also, i've been on point with my chaingrabs lately. hope i can get on stream and do some **** this weekend.
I'll be stream monstering after my job orientation bs.

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
Lately I haven't felt the hype yet for CEO at all. I just played with a good local Falcon/Marth and I still can't manage to take many games of this guy. This game is really hard, and I really hope I'm not hitting a ceiling in my skill level anytime soon. I at least learned today that in order for Ganon to do well against Marth, he has to get a grab on him. It shifts the momentum in my favor and I feel like I can go really far with a few grabs. Just using aerials to beat out Marth isn't enough. For the Falcon matchup, it feels different. It feels like I don't have to rely too much on grabs and I just have to out-smart the falcon player.

I hope CEO gives me a good bit of motivation. I still haven't felt all that great for like a week now. Maybe it's just the summer getting to me... idk.

Maybe I should focus more on doubles? I have a pretty dedicated partner and all we need to do is practice more. I'm sure we'll get a lot during the school year though.

Last edited:

cptjiggles69

Smash Journeyman
Lately I haven't felt the hype yet for CEO at all. I just played with a good local Falcon/Marth and I still can't manage to take many games of this guy. This game is really hard, and I really hope I'm not hitting a ceiling in my skill level anytime soon. I at least learned today that in order for Ganon to do well against Marth, he has to get a grab on him. It shifts the momentum in my favor and I feel like I can go really far with a few grabs. Just using aerials to beat out Marth isn't enough. For the Falcon matchup, it feels different. It feels like I don't have to rely too much on grabs and I just have to out-smart the falcon player.

I hope CEO gives me a good bit of motivation. I still haven't felt all that great for like a week now. Maybe it's just the summer getting to me... idk.

Maybe I should focus more on doubles? I have a pretty dedicated partner and all we need to do is practice more. I'm sure we'll get a lot during the school year though.
I find the exact same thing. Falcon I don't grab as much but grabbing marth to me leads to more. Yes you can tech chase falcon and such, but marth is floaty so up airs off grabs at medium percent, the kage special down throw hahah, . Against falcon I don't know the best throw to do on him is anymore, probably just safe with downthrow? And trying to read falcon's approaches can cost you if you take a knee or something. falcon combos ganon soo hard

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
I have Armada, Eikelmann, Pi, and Ken in my pool. If I have to play either Armada or Ken, I will record those matches with my phone if I have to.

Coastward

Smash Lord
ranch has chillin and gahtzu
linguini has hungrybox and nicaboy
loki has zero
rockcrock has pikachad and wizzrobe

this tourney has some stacked pools, good luck homies.

Renth

Smash Hero
*yawn*

Don't get star struck by players with names, they use to be name-less, unknown players. Just get in their **** and stomp their faces off. One of you better make bracket. I use to play with shizwiz often, he said don't put me on a padistol just destroy me.

If you go into a match expecting to lose or not well, you will lose.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Pseudo, are you gonna be at CEO?

Also, I have Amsa and Porkchops in my pool. Kirby/Yoshi should be fun.

Also, Locke, "Can't take many games off this guy"? I told you I'd buy you a Milkshake when you took a game off him. I have yet to do that.

Last edited:

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Dude, I'm super hype to be in the same pool as him. His Falco on stream makes it look like it'd be super fun to play against. Honestly, I'd rather play him than any other person in the pool.

tm

Smash Ace
Good luck to everyone going to CEO. Come back with results & video links.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I'm out. sucked it up lol. lost to 2 falcos, one of them I crushed 10x in a row yesterday. linguni's out too. some pools were rough

Renth

Smash Hero
@ -ACE- -ACE-

When I go to tournaments i often will only play with select friends until i am knocked out of the tournament, Ganondorf is a gimmicky character. He's very easy to download and get reads on if your habits are always on display more so than most character imo.

Practice with your friends you know who are good, once you are knocked out then play friendlies with everyone.

tm

Smash Ace
That's seriously so sick. Amazing job Ian. Now write a peach MU guide pls :p

In other news, I got 1st in doubles at a 20-team MI tourney (my first event win ever!)
Results and vids soon.

MinorThreat

Smash Rookie
HOly **** tm I came on here just to congratulate you on that 1st in doubles. I watched the final set against kjh's team. I kept saying out loud "holy **** this guy got good". So many good cc shields/grabs and powershields and decision making. I kept yelling at you to start punishing those rolls from the edge but it's so hard to realize stuff like that in game. Seriously good **** man.

Duel

Smash Apprentice
In other news, I got 1st in doubles at a 20-team MI tourney (my first event win ever!)
Results and vids soon.
Congrats man, and thanks for the advice and friendlies yesterday. I didn't want to take all of your time but I appreciate your input, and that you were willing to help a fellow ganon out.

Last edited:
Top Bottom