• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Divinokage

Smash Legend
What? How can you CG a light character that high? When I played Vwins, it looked like ****ing annoying to fight a good Lucas, he has great guaranteed setups with his PK ice.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Don't ask me how it works, the CG is just really easy. I'm fairly certain it's guaranteed, too. I haven't found a way to escape from it, and Magus made a post in the PM topic saying it was guaranteed.

But yeah, it would be a really tough matchup if it weren't for the CG.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Now that I know you guys CG Lucas in P:M I can CG you guys in Melee without any worries. If you're willing to play gay in other games to tilt MUs massively into your favour, I'm now free to do so in this one.

Yay! I'm free!

*dances*

Kage I'm gonna make you my ***** for the night.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Now that I know you guys CG Lucas in P:M I can CG you guys in Melee without any worries. If you're willing to play gay in other games to tilt MUs massively into your favour, I'm now free to do so in this one.

Yay! I'm free!

*dances*

Kage I'm gonna make you my ***** for the night.

I still don't chain grab :)

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
how to beat pseudo turtle

>do random stuff with ICs
>grab
>desync taunts

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Very good last set, Renth.

I'm not necessarily giving advice here because I don't really know how to fight luigi, but you play a very areal game vs. Luigi. Just something to look into.

Vudujin is pretty damn good, he was wrecking all kinds of *** at FC.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Very good last set, Renth.

I'm not necessarily giving advice here because I don't really know how to fight luigi, but you play a very areal game vs. Luigi. Just something to look into.

Vudujin is pretty damn good, he was wrecking all kinds of **** at FC.
Ok, here's some advice: you tried to shield grab him a lot, but watch out for his double areal attacks (double bairs, dairs, and other annoying stuff)

and watch out when he's on the ledge. It seems like he has a lot of options from the ledge; stuff that can beat the wall of fairs you throw his way. Maybe switch it up by going on a platform and seeing what he does, rather than direct edge pressure? Linguini does it vs. spacies and it seems to work pretty well, perhaps you can adapt it to luigi.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Ok, here's some advice: you tried to shield grab him a lot, but watch out for his double areal attacks (double bairs, dairs, and other annoying stuff)

and watch out when he's on the ledge. It seems like he has a lot of options from the ledge; stuff that can beat the wall of fairs you throw his way. Maybe switch it up by going on a platform and seeing what he does, rather than direct edge pressure? Linguini does it vs. spacies and it seems to work pretty well, perhaps you can adapt it to luigi.
Like maybe fading back instead of getting into Fair range, and retreating FAir after his FAir whiffs.

I don't know I mean I know Vudujin is good and all, and could very well beat me, but you kinda seemed to have a one track mind that entire set. But then, who am I to critique the person that inspired me to play Ganon? :)

one thing I noticed just from the very first few minutes- You have something set in your mind to do. And you do it. If he moves though, or expects it, instead of better positioning yourself or waiting a second before, or changing in the least you opt to continue to do it. And that puts you in the situation where he is continuously catching you out of what you wanted. That can't happen stock after stock.

Renth

Smash Hero
I mean.. he almost jv 5'd me then i 3 stock'd the next game. I'm learning as I go along once he's off stage its ez pz. Vudujin is just super hard to hit flurry of wavelands and auto attacks did next to nothing.

The first set I played with him in winners I played like gross bad, losers finals is much more entertaining. My set with swag is super intense.

Jacobs really good, I do not mind losing to him. Almost getting jv 5'd however is another story. It's the neutral game I don't fully understand. Edge guarding is pretty ezpz most of the time. He simply controlled me and the match perfectly, He can do more in the air off a single jump than I think he can.

Don't hesitate to give advice, telling me to try more grounded style is good. I'm not gonna be liek OMFG NUB U NO TELL MEEE

Tell me things. about stuff.

That is the whole reason for having a ganon discussion forum isn't it? :p
watch my set with silent swag also!

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Don't hesitate to give advice, telling me to try more grounded style is good. I'm not gonna be liek OMFG NUB U NO TELL MEEE

Tell me things. about stuff.

That is the whole reason for having a ganon discussion forum isn't it? :p
watch my set with silent swag also!
Lol I know you aren't gonna get offended, the only reason I said to take it with a grain of salt was because I honestly don't know how to fight luigi, maybe a less grounded style is what you need. On the other hand, those attempted shield grabs at the multi-airs (which you mentioned) is less speculation and more obvious that you were getting hurt by those.

I caught a little bit of your set with silent swag, but had to leave (class johns) and I'm not on my computer right now, but I'll be sure to check that out. One of my U of I crew mates won a friendlies set with him at FC, I was pretty happy about that.

Glad to have you back in the scene dude and MAD happy to see you going to big house! Like G. Vice, you were one of my ganon inspirations and I'm probably going to attempt to play many friendlies with you there (as well as a 100 penny $MM).

:phone:

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Ganon's bair ***** everything luigi has. Dash dance like you were marth and shield pivot bair any time luigi comes in.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Luigi's strong point is the air so as soon as he jumps you can uair him right away and also jab to prevent him from wavedashing as well. I mean his aerials have pretty good priority so you'll have to have good spacing to hit him first.. though his aerial movement is complete trash, abuse it. I wouldn't go in the air very often vs him anyhow, I would bait him to go in the air first.

Renth

Smash Hero
Glad to have you back in the scene dude and MAD happy to see you going to big house! Like G. Vice, you were one of my ganon inspirations and I'm probably going to attempt to play many friendlies with you there (as well as a 100 penny $MM).

You don't have to MM me, I will friendly you all day if you like. I'm pretty easy to get along with.. so long you don't smell awful or try to like hold my hand we'll be cool.

tilt's wreck luigi imo. that should be your neutral game in a nutshell lol

oh and too much down b. it cost you the set. down-b while on randall is never a good idea xD
It's one of those things..

A lot of times I can get away with down b-ing as soon as i land on randall. It hits them away and i bounce off the stage and can usually get a second hit after. It's something a lot of people go Oh wtf? to and can usually get something positive result out of it. however, I used it too much and it became my standard I need to think before expecting something to just work.

Ganon's bair ***** everything luigi has. Dash dance like you were marth and shield pivot bair any time luigi comes in.
Thank you, I will keep that in mind.

Luigi's strong point is the air so as soon as he jumps you can uair him right away and also jab to prevent him from wavedashing as well. I mean his aerials have pretty good priority so you'll have to have good spacing to hit him first.. though his aerial movement is complete trash, abuse it. I wouldn't go in the air very often vs him anyhow, I would bait him to go in the air first.
My basic standard vs. everyone style is fast, aerial confusion. Trying to play that way vs. Jacob cost me a lot of stocks and a lot of pain. I need to slow down and watch what he's doing however... The way he plays is just that.

He plays to control you, watching your movements. With his mobility (that I'm very clearly not use to) catches me completely off guard.

----

I was playing friendlies with Swag after playing Vudujin, he told me flat out Ganon counters Luigi but if you don't know the match up ,it can be hard if you let him inside of you.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
Our styles and approaches to this game are very similar renth. I'm having pp adjust mine, and it seems you're open to tweaking yours as well. Can't wait to play you after we've both found ways to play the opponent a little more and be a little less headstrong in our own ganon stylistic decisions.

Renth

Smash Hero
Our styles and approaches to this game are very similar renth. I'm having pp adjust mine, and it seems you're open to tweaking yours as well. Can't wait to play you after we've both found ways to play the opponent a little more and be a little less headstrong in our own ganon stylistic decisions.
I will forever be swagmaster1337ganonsliderkingVroOoMMm.

Edit: come to the big house, we can swagggggggggggggggggggggggg out.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
There's only so much you can do with one style though. I understand you guys have your prides but you have to let it go if you want to reach the great heights.

Vudujin

Smash Lord
Preach it, KAGE!!!!!

If Luigi's off the stage, he should be dead.

Ganon has an Achilles's heel of sorts; the back bottom corner of his render is his weak spot. That's usually what I aim for unless you make a spacing mistake.

Ganon wins the MU cause he uses a counter-ground style to win. Luigi NEEDS the ground to win. Just prevent Luigi from getting around you in a WD. Use jab or ftilt 1st to cover the immediate WD approach option, then I might wanna go for WD > spot dodge or something, so counter with a wait, grab, or something useful.

The key to beating Luigi is knowing that he can be at any given point on the stage in the blink of an eye.

Just think "If I have a fist right here, would it be likely that a Luigi would be there too?"

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Thanks for the advice about the Luigi matchup. There's a guy I know who likes to play Luigi, and I've been having a lot of trouble learning how the matchup works.

And Kage's completely right. You guys should listen to him.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
There's only so much you can do with one style though. I understand you guys have your prides but you have to let it go if you want to reach the great heights.
This. Having a personality style is one thing, but I had the moat improvement when I started making my "technical style" work for me instead of working for a certain style.

For example Renth, I understand your excessive need to waveland and tech out, however there were many times you gave up sooooo many better options that could have been useful, to mindlessly(seemingly) platform around. And you were so consumed that even if you didn't miss it(which I did see that you missed a good bit actually) that it left you out of position and that compromised you completely.

Renth

Smash Hero
Why are you telling me things I already know? Tell me things I don't know.

edit: my set with silent swag I missed a lot of wavelands, mostly I was shaking and took a five minute break before i'd play my next match. (was intense) I did just fine even with my "mindless" play style. your post seems more of a direct wow you play like a moron rather than trying to tell me something. I can watch the video and see what I should have done.

What Sveet, Kage, and Vudujin have been saying is what i'm looking for in responses. I want to know basics little things about the MU that should be known. Not you know wow you're stupid why do you do that.

Top Bottom