• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
indeed.

but if it helps me improve as a player, i might be okay with being a fraud.

i'm not very good at it though. unlike linguini, i have a lot of pride in my ganon. it's kind of annoying cause it's part of why it doesn't really get better. i don't tend to have fun playing ganon because whenever i bring him out i feel like it's serious...and i don't tend to play this game seriously anymore.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
real talk, ice climbers are a really good compliment to ganon. Falco? SHeiK? no ****ING PROBLEM CUZ THE LITTLE ****ERS BEAT THEIR ***** ALL DAY.
That's it; I'm officially taking up the IC's as a secondary or possible dual main. **** sheik and **** falco.

TEACH ME YOUR SECRETS, ROY. No, but really, any tips/tricks/guides on how to play IC's?

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Forgetting being a dual main with ICs, be a dual main with Kirby. It won't help you in any matchup, but your taunt can really annoy people you'd lose to.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
indeed.

but if it helps me improve as a player, i might be okay with being a fraud.

i'm not very good at it though. unlike linguini, i have a lot of pride in my ganon. it's kind of annoying cause it's part of why it doesn't really get better. i don't tend to have fun playing ganon because whenever i bring him out i feel like it's serious...and i don't tend to play this game seriously anymore.
Then you dont really need to be adamant with this mindset when you do play Ganon. Just relax and punch stuff just like you love to do. Your Ganon should get a lot better the more you play someone relatively your level or better than you. When you can play PP constantly, do it with all you've got. =p

@KK, it's not like I haven't stolen games from other top players with alts as well but I don't really talk about it because it's not really meaningful other than that I know my alts have potential to do well. That's all the friendlies (In tournament) tell me in that regard, that's why I did the callout.

Renth

Smash Hero
only thing about Ice Climbers I know is that Uber Ice wrecks me with them. All I learned was if I get grabbed my stock is gone.

Linguini

Smash Master
Kage, I don't need to prove anything to you haha I know my skill level with falco so i'm not really trying to argue. lol I haven't been to a tournament in 8 months that's why it isn't on rankings? (if these rankings do even exist)

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
not sure what that means but i lol'd

i wanna see a linguini falco vs kage ganon mm. but i can't imagine a tournament where that'd happen, unless apex moves to florida...

Divinokage

Smash Legend
not sure what that means but i lol'd

i wanna see a linguini falco vs kage ganon mm. but i can't imagine a tournament where that'd happen, unless apex moves to florida...
You dont need to know.. like I said at FC. I will be back on Smashboards posting exactly what first comes to mind without filters. lol.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Kage you must feel threatened by Linguini or something, lol. I don't know why you feel the need to challenge everything he says.

Also trail, what Ganons have you played in dittos?

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I played a lot at NCSU today. I feel like I'm a lot better now. I was getting 1/2 stocked by Mahone's secondaries, and getting 1/2 stocked by Slasher. I didn't have too many other notable improvements. According to other people, I'm getting pretty good at spacing and reads.

Ignore any videos of me the get uploaded, though, because I played terribly in those. The only matches where I played well were outside of tournament against Mahone, Slasher, and Yeroc.

The Marth matchup is fine. It's not in Ganon's favor, but with good spacing and creative use of wavedashing, it's winnable. The Falco matchup is what I really hate. And getting CGed by ICs. And Ike. Although it turns out the ROB-Ike matchup is even worse than the Ganon-Ike matchup.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
In Melee I played Gofg and David. I feel like I played reasonably against Gofg, but didn't know what to do once he got a grab on me, so I died. What do I do when ICs grab me?
My games with David weren't recorded, but I feel happy with how I played there. He 2stocked me both games. According to Stingers, I got destroyed by the bracket.

In PM I played Nicholarb and Gofg. Against Nicholarb, I was up 3 stocks to 1 in G2, then got overconfident and suicided 3 times, when all I needed to win was to land one Fair. Then I lost to Gofg's Ike. Stupid Ike.
If I'd won my game against Nicholarb, I would have had a way better bracket - Losing to PP's Ike (There was a rule stating PP wasn't allowed to use Melee characters), then playing Yeroc, who I'd been going 50/50 with in friendlies.

Plus, I got a lot better at spacing and reads as the day went on, so none of my best matches were recorded, since they were all friendlies after I was out of the tournament.

EDIT: Also, Reverse UpB OoS is awesome. You should all start using it.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
So did u lose game 1 to this nicholarb fellow? That's...unfortunate...I guess...

Against gofg just SDI the dair away and buffer a roll. Its really easy to get out of imo. Unless gofg has figured out wobbling which I doubt, or if he's doing fthrow fair mixups like jflo, he can rack up damage with blizzard and you can deal with dthrow dair.

Be more patient against david. I went into our set with mostly bair in mind and it worked. Punish his turnip pulls with fair, and stay safe from his turnip approches and its ok. His pressure is better than I ever think it will be, so its not good to let him in on your sheild. If I can two stock him in our sets (which I think I did at rese, but one of the two may have been last stock) then you also have the ability to do so.

Id say just treat ike like he's marth and hit him in the face. I don't really know how to do that tho, but that side b thing is pretty good.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Yeah, I lost game 1 on PS2. It was really close. I'm fairly certain I would have won if I'd known what the Sonic matchup was like, or played as well as I did against Mahone/Slasher.

He hasn't figured out wobbling yet, he just hit me with a lot of Dair stuff. I'll try that next time.

David plays Fox now. I was learning how the Fox MU works while I played him, since I'd never played a Fox before.

Also, Kage, didn't you post in the PM topic that the Ike matchup was unwinnable for Ganon?

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
Beard david plays fox? Or zakat david? I can't imagine THO playing fox...but I can imagine zakat tiring of roy lmao.

Uhhh playing vs fox is complicated. I tend to just lose unless I'm a better player somehow.

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
I was playing against a Fox in friendlies at my last tournament and getting my *** kicked, the Kirbykaze came up to me and told me to Bair more, so I did and I won the next match, so take that as you will.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
So what you're saying is, I should have had Kevin come up to me and tell me to Bair more? I'll tell him to do that next time.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Ganon vs Ike, I don't think I said it's unwinnable. I just said Ike is ****ing stupid, I even tried to play him yesterday with Vwins, I learned quite a bit about the game and I still find Ike is stupid, i was able to gimp people at 40% and 60% a lot of times, that's how strong he is.. His bair also kills at 100%, it's stronger than Ganon's. I also learned about the wonders of Lucas, Lucario too. They are underrated for sure.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Lucas and Lucario are pretty good.

The Ganon/Lucas matchup should be unwinnable for Lucas, though. Ganon has an easy chain grab to over 120, which can result in a Bair for a KO.

Top Bottom