• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

tm

Smash Ace
Yeah Ganon rolls farther than he wavedashes, MAYBE save for perfect waveland, but probably still farther, and can't do that immediately OoS.

Also SHFFL uair OoS is still faster, right?

edit: I'm not magus, don't take my answer too seriously

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
No just have to jump cancel. If you just let down your shield you have to wait the ~15 frames it takes to drop your shield + the ~15 frames to start your usmash

tm

Smash Ace
Faster than auto cancel uair. Just saying you might as well SHFFL it unless you're trying to hit them with the back end.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
out of shield, the auto cancel is faster simply because it involves getting it out asap.

i've been trying to find uses for usmash oos, and the only ones i've seen involve cockblasting fadeback nairs, as the usmash hitbox is a little further than the grab hitbox. usually i wavedash oos jab that situation though, but usmash is funnier.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Is anybody going to Apex? I'll 90% sure I'll go, but I don't want to go by myself cause I'm thinking of flying out there. Any G-mains down to MM for any amount; I'll be there. lol

Brandondorf

Smash Rookie
Getting back on the stage

I'm currently having trouble wave landing back on to the stage from the ledge. I can do it with everyone else except Ganon. I can get back up and Jab or Forward tilt but wavelanding I need to work on. Any tips?

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
I'm currently having trouble wave landing back on to the stage from the ledge. I can do it with everyone else except Ganon. I can get back up and Jab or Forward tilt but wavelanding I need to work on. Any tips?
I feel like this question gets asked on this thread almost weekly haha. Alright, so here goes: the input is the same as all other characters, but the timing is a little tricky. When you are at the peak of your jump (just before you land on stage), hold the control stick toward the stage and press L/R. If you air dodge, you're pressing it too early, if you shield, you're pressing it too late.

Oh and change the color of your text lol that **** sucks to read.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Something ganons often overlook: ganon has the longest ledge roll in the game i believe. It puts him close to the center of yoshi's story alone. Between that and standup from edge, there is a large range of space that the opponent needs to cover in a short time in order to directly cover all options you can make from the stage.

Also, ledge jump mixups.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Yea ganon has quite a few options from the ledge, it's really not possible to cover all of them except by prediction. And yet Ripple seems to be able to punish me 99% of the time. Blake, you knowing my style by heart is really frustrating.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I liked that 1 time you rolled for the first time in like 3 hours, and I just WD backwards and reverse dolphin slash

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Something ganons often overlook: ganon has the longest ledge roll in the game i believe. It puts him close to the center of yoshi's story alone. Between that and standup from edge, there is a large range of space that the opponent needs to cover in a short time in order to directly cover all options you can make from the stage.

Also, ledge jump mixups.
Ledgedash -> Buffered roll puts you even further in the center.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
but it has to be done close to frame perfect to not just get smacked out of the ledgedashes we (read: I) constantly do.

trail showed me first hand the effectiveness of jumping off the ledge especially in ganon dittos. it's stupid the assumptions i make of other ganons due to my own ****ty habits.

i think the standard get up is something that would catch more people off guard than anybody assumes. due to the fact that many of us tend to waveland on, people expect the regrab animation before anything happens (at least they do against me). it's because i tend to need a rhythm of some sort before ledgedashing on, even if it's just 1 rep. they expect me to come on the stage somewhere, with full invincibility. regular ledgestand breaks that expectation, with no more lag than any other option, but it's probably least explored overall.

basically we should start jumping and ledgestanding and rolling more because reasons.

rolling is less obvious because of the ledgedash roll, but you'd be amazed at how unpunished it goes because of the difference in distance and time.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I usually ledgehop-jab, ledgehop Uair, ledgedash, ledgedash roll, roll, attack, or jump. The last 3 only happen when I'm below 100%. I'm definitely biased towards jumping, because Ganon's jump is so high, so I use it a lot.

EDIT: I have used the attack at over 100 before with successful results, but the timing is tricky. You have to rely on your opponent forgetting it's an option.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
When I'm on the edge vs either Bam or Vwins, I die. lol. The best way to play Ganon is staying on stage as much as you can. If you really want to go for those aggressive edgeguards, you better have 100% accuracy. =P

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Yeah with Ganon a good goal to keep in mind is controlling the center. You don't want to be between your opponent and the ledge with Ganondorf.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
The universe is obviously testing your capabilities or motivations in this case. How far will you choose to be good at smash or at school? Or whatever else there may be...

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
well the universe is doing pretty well so far. i still have enough time to play at least for a couple hours weekly (starting in a hour and a half) just to make sure i still understand the game, but i'm certainly not improving much these days, especially considering my resources for doing so.

how much i'm willing to put into school has indeed been tested. so far i've still had a minimalist attitude towards it, and my motivation is...low...but i plan to do what i need to to pass, because bottom line, that's what has to happen.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
lmao how'd they do? i kinda wanna see these results lol

edit: just looked them up. looked like a rough tournament for this other blackchris lol.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
speaking of edge mixups...

Just ****ing ledgehop more often.
1. It's easy as ****
2. It's 100% safe to perform, even for ****ing beginners
3. you can do any ****ing move out of it instantly (jab, grab, ftilt, side-b, down-b, pivot run off dj bair back on stage, shffl'd ****ing aerials, etc)
4. it is a quick ****ing way to safely claim a small area on the stage if your opponent gives you too much space for a split ****ing second (ex: they might predict you will ****ing ledgedash, which happens often... they back up and you get a free ****ing ledgehop) and you quickly and safely get on the ****ing stage (potentially dangerous edge pressure situation is over!)
5. both jab and grab can be ****ing invincible off a ledgehop (although with grab you have to be frame ****ing perfect I think)

It's definitely a good ****ing mixup. The key is never being ****ing predictable.

Top Bottom