• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Well I did take Tai chi/Kung fu when I was 16 to 18, I definitely owned someone using their own force against them once.. felt ok lol. Kung fu styles are pretty amazing imo. Wushu is sick too. I definitely respect Monks that know how to use energy and are pretty much immune to physical attacks, it's crazy!

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Do you ever Warlock Punch people in real life? Or is there no martial art that lets you do that?

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
Kage whats your favorite martial art? And what about the other ganons?
My favourite martial art would definitely be sambo. It's the best combat sport in the world and the best style of wrestling. See Fedor Emelianenko's progress in the MMA world for proof that sambo is the greatest fighting style in existence. The only other martial art I would argue that can compete is either krav maga or wing chun.

Well I did take Tai chi/Kung fu when I was 16 to 18, I definitely owned someone using their own force against them once.. felt ok lol. Kung fu styles are pretty amazing imo. Wushu is sick too. I definitely respect Monks that know how to use energy and are pretty much immune to physical attacks, it's crazy!
If you enjoy those types of martial arts, you'd be interested to know that my brother was once a grandmaster of shaolin kung fu/wushu/qigong. He has two books published, and multiple articles on the internet dealing with empty force. He was taught by master Paul Dong.

My brother also utilised qigong for healing purposes. I experienced it as a boy when my mother's leg was deeply injured while she was mowing the lawn. It's extremely fascinating stuff, but not for the sceptical.

http://www.plumpub.com/info/Articles/art_mooneyruler.htm
http://www.dragonsocietyinternational.com/Rich_Mooney.html

Random picture of him.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.ne...1185968389274_1830223247_353629_6273809_n.jpg
And my personal favourite.

http://www.fightingarts.com/content01/use_of_qi_1.html

Check it out, Kage. You'll like it.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
There's no room for doubts in the land beyond the mind haha. =)

But ya, this is amazing. ****... My friend also experienced certain ridiculous things for example where a ninja master came to MTL once for a seminar and he formed a fist and moved it pretty much point blank to my friend's chest. After that, he tapped my friend's chest with it and to him it felt like just a little tap however he felt like he was hit by a train and collapsed on the floor choking for air. How crazy is that? The world's secrets.. heh.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I'm clearly missing something with this whole edgecancel stuff, because every time I try to do it I either miss the edge or do a regular L-cancel. Am I just not hitting the right spot? I've tried doing it while standing right next to the edge, but I always get the exact same thing.

Nujabes

Smash Apprentice
Jui Jitsu (Japanese) is my favorite, i also practise it, i had to stop for a bit though for school... Im a math person, and idk what to think about Qi, especially since i had just started 'learning" if you will when i had to stop...

Kage why did you want to become a fighter?

Eikel, im pretty sure you cant say that any one martial art is the best because it will depend highley on the situation and the person who is using the art... and what their up against

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Sorry G.Vice, I only support Ganondorfs or Euphonium players. That's a violin, and she's dressed as link. Besides, we need to protect the world from violins violence. Although the video does become good at 2:17.

Anyway, I just realized something. Given what people can do with all these martial arts techniques, and the way Kage always speaks, he must be an Anime character in real life. Everything makes sense now.

Comrade

Smash Journeyman
My favourite martial art would definitely be sambo. It's the best combat sport in the world and the best style of wrestling. See Fedor Emelianenko's progress in the MMA world for proof that sambo is the greatest fighting style in existence. The only other martial art I would argue that can compete is either krav maga or wing chun.

If you enjoy those types of martial arts, you'd be interested to know that my brother was once a grandmaster of shaolin kung fu/wushu/qigong. He has two books published, and multiple articles on the internet dealing with empty force. He was taught by master Paul Dong.

My brother also utilised qigong for healing purposes. I experienced it as a boy when my mother's leg was deeply injured while she was mowing the lawn. It's extremely fascinating stuff, but not for the sceptical.

http://www.plumpub.com/info/Articles/art_mooneyruler.htm
http://www.dragonsocietyinternational.com/Rich_Mooney.html

Random picture of him.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.ne...1185968389274_1830223247_353629_6273809_n.jpg
And my personal favourite.

http://www.fightingarts.com/content01/use_of_qi_1.html

Check it out, Kage. You'll like it.
I quivered in fear when I saw "aiki"

Эикельманн [РУС]

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Sorry G.Vice, I only support Ganondorfs or Euphonium players. That's a violin, and she's dressed as link. Besides, we need to protect the world from violins violence. Although the video does become good at 2:17.

Anyway, I just realized something. Given what people can do with all these martial arts techniques, and the way Kage always speaks, he must be an Anime character in real life. Everything makes sense now.
Heh.. you mean anime characters are me. =)

Kage why did you want to become a fighter?
I just need more competition in my life. The competition of Smash does not satisfy me anymore so the reason why I want to be a fighter is putting my life, body, mind and spirit on the line. In smash, only your mind and fingers are working lol. I just want more out of my competitive spirit and also smashing faces for real/getting smashed sounds like a done deal to me. haha. Crushing dreams for real, ftw. =)

Guys, I know we main Ganon and are supposed to hate all things Link, but this is the one time I can't hate him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3KUyPKbR7Q&feature=related

I discovered this girl recently, and have been in love ever since. Watch her other stuff, she's amazing.
At first, before watching the vid, I thought you were going to marry her for real but wow she's amazing indeed. =D

Nujabes

Smash Apprentice
I just need more competition in my life. The competition of Smash does not satisfy me anymore so the reason why I want to be a fighter is putting my life, body, mind and spirit on the line. In smash, only your mind and fingers are working lol. I just want more out of my competitive spirit and also smashing faces for real/getting smashed sounds like a done deal to me. haha. Crushing dreams for real, ftw. =)

Makes me curious what is is like to be so competitive....

Also, does linguini get on here anymore? or is he takin a break or somthing

Divinokage

Smash Legend
When you feel the need to be the strongest then you'll meet multiple people feeling the same way most likely. In all my journeys of smash, that's what happened, you meet friends and sometimes you become rivals.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Heh.. you mean anime characters are me. =)

At first, before watching the vid, I thought you were going to marry her for real but wow she's amazing indeed. =D
Thanks for clarifiying. I can't believe I got that the wrong way around. It makes sense, though, since you're going to be good enough to beat all of them in a fight.

Also, G. Vice might still do that. Don't rule out the possibility.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
The very best, like no metagame ever was.

EDIT: That's not one word. Nevermind, let's just go with... amazing.

Эикельманн [РУС]

What concert and do you know him in rl?
i guess when youve played since 06 or w/e breaks are needed
yeah i know him personally, we've been mutually attending events in florida and out of florida since 07.

and he was at a rebelution gig.

If yall had one word to describe ganon's metagame what would it be?
tank. ganondorf is hella unique imo.

Nujabes

Smash Apprentice
yeah i know him personally, we've been mutually attending events in florida and out of florida since 07.

and he was at a rebelution gig.Wow, thats a long time..

And rebelution is cool, i saw the at ACL 2 years ago. I Cant stand the singers voice though... i like bandhall reggea...

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Peach is a tough matchup in pal for Ganon.

Ganon is a one hit punisher for the most part, if you make that hit hurt less, lol that's gonna suck. It's like requiring one additional read per stock in some matchups. He also can't dair > grab spacies at 0% which blows.

Эикельманн [РУС]

I can't say for sure since every character is weaker maybe he's as good in PAL as in NTSC. Though I'll never get to test it really.
Not true at all. Some characters have nerfs, and some characters essentially gain buffs because of said character's nerfs. I went to Europe for 2+ weeks and played in two big tournaments there. Ganondorf cries every time he tries to punch someone in Europe.

@Sveet, yes.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
yeah, but sheik cries every time she tries to dthrow somebody, fox cries (a little) every time he tries to usmash someone, falco cries every time he tries to late dair someone, and marth dies every time he tries to dair spike someone.

i don't think it balances out exactly, but it'd really just make me combo uair more, and end things in bair instead of fair more.

Top Bottom