• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Hello, ganon boards! I've only been playing for 3 months or so and am looking for any helpful tips I can get to improve my ganon game.

I made a video (http://youtu.be/vB9UeDS0oWk) of a friendlies set between me and a buddy of mine (much more experienced) in the hopes that the more experienced players here can critique it. I'm sure you all get noob videos all the time, but any advice is greatly appreciated.

By the way... props to your ganondorf behind the scenes RaphaelRobo hahaha, it was entertaining to say the least.

Thanks for taking the time to help me out!

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I'm glad you enjoyed it. No one's tried to guess the references, though, so here a few to get you started.

Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicles
Kung Pow: Enter the Fist
Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack
Chuck
Dungeons and Dragons
Digimon Tamers
The Matrix

As for your Ganon, I've been playing for two and a half months, and I've only been practicing against Level 1s, so mine's a bit worse than yours. I can probably find a few things to point out to you, but I've got a video game I need to get to the alpha stage by Friday, so I'll have to look at it more carefully after that.

Nujabes

Smash Apprentice
Hello, ganon boards! I've only been playing for 3 months or so and am looking for any helpful tips I can get to improve my ganon game.

I made a video (http://youtu.be/vB9UeDS0oWk) of a friendlies set between me and a buddy of mine (much more experienced) in the hopes that the more experienced players here can critique it. I'm sure you all get noob videos all the time, but any advice is greatly appreciated.

By the way... props to your ganondorf behind the scenes RaphaelRobo hahaha, it was entertaining to say the least.

Thanks for taking the time to help me out!
Get your wavelands down
Hit ALL L-cancels, and work on your f-air spacing... it looks like your trying to hit him with your body.... lol
Wavedash more if you want to increase your mobility.

idk if it just me but v falcon i like to stay in my sheild as little as possible...

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Kage needs to get better grammar. Unless that's actually grammatically correct, in which case I need to get better grammar.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Get your wavelands down
Hit ALL L-cancels, and work on your f-air spacing... it looks like your trying to hit him with your body.... lol
Wavedash more if you want to increase your mobility.

idk if it just me but v falcon i like to stay in my sheild as little as possible...
Hey thanks for the advice. And yea, I noticed that I missed many of my L-cancels and wavelands. Although I feel like both of these are more of a subconscious thing that get better with practice and experience, no?

About the f-air spacing... god it really is atrocious haha, definitely something I never noticed and need to work on, thanks for pointing that out.

P.S. **** SOPA... just saying.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I found the way I got better at L-cancels/wavelands was to focus on moving more quickly and learning to fast fall all the time. By fast falling as much as possible, and DDing in between stocks, I make myself want to move fast. When I want to do something, I know where I want my character to be in what amount of time. If he's not there in that time, then that's a problem. By thinking like that and practicing against Lv1s, I was able to get a much better hang of L-cancels/wavelands than I had before, because it was the only way to get where I want to be as quickly as possible.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Raph, just a tip since it's good to establish good habits early on, you should try always dj'ing into your platform wavelands, it's faster. Then work on your L-cancels out of aerials. Like on BF... jump, jump, perfect waveland (lower platform - you basically hit jump twice almost as fast as you can and hit left/right and R), ff uair/fair/dair, L-cancel on shield, hit, or whiff. You can practice L-cancel on shield by hitting invincible CPU's after they respawn, same timing. You can also hit R or L more than once to get the cancel, but you never want to hit R after you've already gotten the cancel, so be careful. It's good sometimes when you dair 2 shielding ice climbers.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Thanks for all of that. I'd never tried dj'ing wavelands, so I'll do that soon. I'll try hitting invincible CPUs so I can practice L-cancelling on shield. I've found I only need to press L once, and I've gotten to the point where I'm consistent enough with whiff and hit L-cancels that I only mess up if I'm not paying close attention to the game.

Nujabes

Smash Apprentice
I'm definatly going to have to start doing this, any extra speed with ganon I can get I would love.
Are there Any other little details with ganon you think would be useful?

14 CC expo

:phone:[/

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Just practice your A off being fluid with wavelands. One random airdodge and your stock is gone vs many characters. Getting good with improvised edge cancels makes you faster and gives you a lot of options if you dash out of it immediately.

And fastfall everything unless you have a purpose for delaying it.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
What's an edge cancel again? I remember being told a while ago, but I forgot what it was.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
What's an edge cancel again? I remember being told a while ago, but I forgot what it was.
Just watch s2j play lol. He's really consistent with them and the increase in falcon's speed is a apparent. Ganon can see similar gains if he adds this to his options.

Go to a bf lower platform, roll to the edge above the normal ledge, drop through the platform and start holding away from the stage immediately after. Do any aerial, it will edge cancel. Don't ff it. After you ec the aerial you can uair/bair, dj, uair/bair again, and make it back.

ERayz

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if all ganons have something inate in common...

:phone:
LOL this made me think about Kage and my friend (back when my friend mained Ganon), cause these two had so much in common:

Both liked to read Dragonball mangas when taking a dump
Both mained Ganon
Both secondaried Falcon
Their favorite car is Mazda RX-8
Both have a somewhat big nose (lol)
They both like eating Subway sandwiches
They have the same tech patterns (or really close)
There were more similarities, but I can't remember right now.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
http://youtu.be/zexwVu-kh-I

skip to about 43 seconds (give or take a few, it happens very quickly) when bizzaroflame is doing the uairs off of the platforms.

Those are edge cancels and they're hard as hell to perfect (at least for me they are lol)

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Of course it's hard because you have to add to the equation that there is an opponent in front of you and you can't just do whatever you want.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
That looks really awesome. I'll need to practice doing that.

What? lol, you have to imagine Guts from Berserk. =P
I always imagined Kero-chan when I thought of you.

See? You transform when you have to play against good players.

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
LOL this made me think about Kage and my friend (back when my friend mained Ganon), cause these two had so much in common:

Both liked to read Dragonball mangas when taking a dump
Both mained Ganon
Both secondaried Falcon
Their favorite car is Mazda RX-8
Both have a somewhat big nose (lol)
They both like eating Subway sandwiches
They have the same tech patterns (or really close)
There were more similarities, but I can't remember right now.
LOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL this is nearly exactly like a swedish Ganon called VJ as well

Top Bottom