• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Yeah, but if you've been playing the PAL version for a while then you'll be used to playing that way, so it won't feel awkward like it does for us.

Also, from my understanding, Ganon's jab is still intact, and in my opinion that's his best move.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Fair is overrated anyways. Ganon is strongest with his back to the opponent or when they are above him
Situationally yes, however there are times when a well spaced FAir is the best option.

Also, I love the SH-uair when you use the analog to uair and it can really catch opponents low. It's such a great move. And you can auto cancel it so you can jump again, retreat, pursue, waveland...need I continue the options?

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Like with marth's SHDF i think its better for overall control if you learn to SH uair using the cstick. Its not THAT hard either, since ganon's jump is quite a bit slower than other character's

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Like with marth's SHDF i think its better for overall control if you learn to SH uair using the cstick. Its not THAT hard either, since ganon's jump is quite a bit slower than other character's
Probably, but it's always seemed a little tougher to get just right that marth's SHDF. I can SHDF with marth using the analog, but I can't do the UAir as low with Ganon unless I use the analog.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Its just muscle memory and finger speed. Its definitely possible to do. Being able to move forward or backward while doing an immediate uair is quite useful

Tyranny

Smash Cadet
What up fellow Ganons. Id like to say i love everyone who has contributed any info in this thread, you're all bad *** and you've helped my Ganon **** more face than ever. I've read through well over 200 pages of this thread and i can't thank you guys enough. It's not just my idols though, (Kage, Guini, Tipman, Spider Sense) but every Ganon player that's asked a decent question here deserves my praise.

With that said I'll be lurking a whole lot less and posting way more.

Thanks again and I'll for sure be uploading some vids in the next week or so with some new players i smash with.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
What up fellow Ganons. Id like to say i love everyone who has contributed any info in this thread, you're all bad *** and you've helped my Ganon **** more face than ever. I've read through well over 200 pages of this thread and i can't thank you guys enough. It's not just my idols though, (Kage, Guini, Tipman, Spider Sense) but every Ganon player that's asked a decent question here deserves my praise.

With that said I'll be lurking a whole lot less and posting way more.

Thanks again and I'll for sure be uploading some vids in the next week or so with some new players i smash with.
ahhhh holy **** so glad there are hella ganons coming out of the water and ****. glad to have you aboard, tyranny. :)

@nujabes brinstar is one of his best stages in the game, if not the best for him. dk64 is meh though. vs fast characters or characters with projectiles, it's bad. floaties too because they live super long. since ganon is so slow it's hard to catch up.

brinstar is my absolute favourite cp stage.

Breezy

Smash Ace
I just started playing melee not too long ago. Right now, I'm a top Ganon in brawl (inb4lolbrawl) and now I'm aiming to become a top Ganon in the fun game. My question is this: what's the first thing I should really focus on learning? As a point of reference, I can do basic tech stuff like l-cancel, wavedash/land, etc. Things I know i need to work on are learning how to move around quicker and smoother, as well as basic spacing and zoning stuff, and that's all stuff I know I will just get better at by playing more. Other than that shwaz, what's important to learn and work on?

:phone:

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
I just started playing melee not too long ago. Right now, I'm a top Ganon in brawl (inb4lolbrawl) and now I'm aiming to become a top Ganon in the fun game. My question is this: what's the first thing I should really focus on learning? As a point of reference, I can do basic tech stuff like l-cancel, wavedash/land, etc. Things I know i need to work on are learning how to move around quicker and smoother, as well as basic spacing and zoning stuff, and that's all stuff I know I will just get better at by playing more. Other than that shwaz, what's important to learn and work on?

naw we don't hate. we welcome you with wide open ganon arms (aka up-b)

just learn how to tip-man spike (reverse up-air edgeguards) and tech-chase with down-throw -> stomp (or any other aerials/even side or down-b). starting from there, you will learn what to do in situational circumstances as you play with good people.

Breezy

Smash Ace
naw we don't hate. we welcome you with wide open ganon arms (aka up-b)

just learn how to tip-man spike (reverse up-air edgeguards) and tech-chase with down-throw -> stomp (or any other aerials/even side or down-b). starting from there, you will learn what to do in situational circumstances as you play with good people.
Awesome, thanks! Yeah, I'm alright with that young tipman, and my tech chase game is decent as well. Both of those are brawl ganons main shwaz, too, so they transitioned over pretty well. When I get a chance I want to post up some videos and get critiqued to hell, too.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Guini when are you free?
TIPMAN. Please come to Orlando during the week that you're here. I'll house you, feed you, etc. Just let me ditto you. :(

I play Brawl, so no hate. How do you place compared to DLA and Verm?

Breezy

Smash Ace
Recently me and dla placed the same at a tourney (in which I got first seed in my pool) a couple weeks ago. I don't really know compared to verm, but I just moved above him on the top 5 list, so someone thinks I place better than him.

I also just took 4th at a local last saturday, beating out an IC's/olimar main in bracket. 100-0 mu my ***.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Recently me and dla placed the same at a tourney (in which I got first seed in my pool) a couple weeks ago. I don't really know compared to verm, but I just moved above him on the top 5 list, so someone thinks I place better than him.

I also just took 4th at a local last saturday, beating out an IC's/olimar main in bracket. 100-0 mu my ***.

You mean at Apex? Wasn't DLA the highest placing Ganon there? I saw he took a game from Trevonte. Impressive...

Nice. Who was the IC? I remember seeing Verm style on Praxis' ICs in a bunch of vids haha

Breezy

Smash Ace
You mean at Apex? Wasn't DLA the highest placing Ganon there? I saw he took a game from Trevonte. Impressive...

Nice. Who was the IC? I remember seeing Verm style on Praxis' ICs in a bunch of vids haha
No, I wasn't at apex unfortunately. It was at don't blink. The ic's you probably haven't heard of. Sin. He's mn's number 1 on our pr. He doesn't travel alot due to age/parent johns.

Tyranny

Smash Cadet
@tyrannyy did you go to the pinkie tournament this past weekend?
Fvck yeah. Were you out there? I swear i was like the only Ganon player there haha. But i think i did him some justice, gimping these punk *** Marfs and what not. We for sure need more Ganons in Texas dude. I didn't even know Clue dropped Ganon until Sybawave told me on Saturday... i was so pissed, Clue was a god damn beast of a Ganon.

Nujabes

Smash Apprentice
Clue droped ganon????? And no I wasn't out there but I play with syba and tsc when I can, how'd you do against him

Tyranny

Smash Cadet
Uhhhh either that or he stopped playing in geneneral? Or maybe so often? I wouldn't know at all but I asked Sybawave about him at the tourney and he said something like that. I could be really misconstruing what he said though lol.
Against Syba? I did really bad, I've watched some of his older sets on youtube and i knew he was really technical so it kinda got my nerves going. Although i played against a Houston player named "Yannis".. i hope that was his name.. But i did really well against his marth even though he was obviously more skilled than me. I think it was because i was playing with that 'Ganon crush everything' Mentality, instead of being scared of his Tech skill.

Tyranny

Smash Cadet
Quick question. If i were to Stomp a Falco at 0% and i happen to get the tech chase stomp should i go for the Third stomp (What i usually do for the percent) or attempt a SH F-air to possibly set up for a edge guard, or maybe a D-tilt -> U-air to get them off a smaller stage like FOD or YS

Also I thought i read somewhere that you could get a grab from a Stomp at 0% on spacies. I've never tried it though.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386

I haven't really been to tournaments much in the past year, so I don't have any placings to speak of. :p

I've beaten a few names in MMs in the past year, but nothing really in tourney. And DLA was a mix of MK/Pika/Ganon, so it's hard to say who was the highest placer.

Эикельманн [РУС]

I haven't really been to tournaments much in the past year, so I don't have any placings to speak of. :p

I've beaten a few names in MMs in the past year, but nothing really in tourney. And DLA was a mix of MK/Pika/Ganon, so it's hard to say who was the highest placer.
maaaaan, you need to go out to more tournaments then! if nicole can get second at siis you can too lol ;)

wreck people man.

also all of these new melee ganons popping up makes me super happy :bee:

Top Bottom