• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
maaaaan, you need to go out to more tournaments then! if nicole can get second at siis you can too lol ;)

wreck people man.

also all of these new melee ganons popping up makes me super happy :bee:
Definitely going to! Me moving was a huge factor in me not going to tournaments much, but a new gaming venue just opened up here, so I'm hosting tourneys now. And thanks, dude. :ganondorf:

That reminds me though, I traveled 3,000+ miles for Apex and didn't get a single replay versus Ocean, Lada or Dueler X. :( It's been a while since I've had new material up.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
my most recent uploaded set is from like...last march i think lol. except the friendlies with raphael, and a doubles set or two, i don't have anything since then.

i have a feeling i'll be getting recorded in a couple weeks though.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Quick question. If i were to Stomp a Falco at 0% and i happen to get the tech chase stomp should i go for the Third stomp (What i usually do for the percent) or attempt a SH F-air to possibly set up for a edge guard, or maybe a D-tilt -> U-air to get them off a smaller stage like FOD or YS

Also I thought i read somewhere that you could get a grab from a Stomp at 0% on spacies. I've never tried it though.
You can do the third stomp, but you need to do the earliest fullhop stomp possible (as soon as you know you won't sh, let go of jump and dair) and then position yourself so that you can cover 2 techchase options before you land, like, after you stomp, bair the tech in place option, and if he rolls through you, dash + jc grab the roll. If you are close to the edge try to fair. You can also grab, dthrow, and techchase that way. And yes you can grab spacies after a dair at 0%.

Tyranny

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the info Ace, I'll get to work on punishing with the JC grabs. I feel like every time I do the third stomp I never get the tech chase but the stomp is Wayyy to satisfying to not do.

:phone:

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
my most recent uploaded set is from like...last march i think lol. except the friendlies with raphael, and a doubles set or two, i don't have anything since then.

i have a feeling i'll be getting recorded in a couple weeks though.
That one game between us wasn't a very good example of your gameplay, in my opinion. I did edit out the really long pauses, though. It's funny looking back at my Ganon, though. I'm looking forward to our next games.

Make sure you spend a lot of time at my setup at the next NCSU. I'll be bringing a full setup, including recording/commentating/etc.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Nothing but kage quotes from now on. Too hilariously epic lol
Lol Kage is full of some one liners. Though they tend to be somewhat grandiose, it's shows just how much personality he has. Ganon mains all have their respective individualistic personalities.

Kage = Epic
Linguini = Gangster
-ACE- = Chill
G.Vice = Professional (oh yeah ;) )
Renth = Flamboyant
Rockcrock = Collected
SpiderSense = Cocky
BizzaroFlame = Bizarre(?)
BlackChris = High

Nujabes

Smash Apprentice
Lol Kage is full of some one liners. Though they tend to be somewhat grandiose, it's shows just how much personality he has. Ganon mains all have their respective individualistic personalities.

Kage = Epic
Linguini = Gangster
-ACE- = Chill
G.Vice = Professional (oh yeah ;) )
Renth = Flamboyant
Rockcrock = Collected
SpiderSense = Cocky
BizzaroFlame = Bizarre(?)
BlackChris = High
The fact that you can describe ganons like this makes me really happy to play the char,

Im a chill ganon though

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
LMAOOOOO

the only thing h!ghchris couldn't handle at apex was yoshi. i laughed too much :( i adjusted to vectormans roy though to take a game. well that, and players distinctly better than me (pewpewu and amsah lol).

that being said, it may be a while until that guy enters a tournament again lol.

:ganondorf:

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Some people in my field might want to put you in a psychiatric ward for statements like that ;)
The warrior of light does not worry that, to others, his behaviour might seem quite mad.
He talks out loud to himself when he is alone. Someone told him that this is the best way of communicating with the angels, and so he takes a chance and tries to make contact.
At first, he finds this very difficult. He thinks that he has nothing to say, that
he will just repeat the same meaningless twaddle. Even so, the warrior persists. He
spends all day talking to his heart. He says things with which he does not agree, he talks utter nonsense. One day, he notices a change in his voice. He realises that he is acting as a channel for some higher wisdom.
The warrior may seem mad, but this is just a disguise.

=)

G. Vice

Smash Lord
The warrior of light does not worry that, to others, his behaviour might seem quite mad.
He talks out loud to himself when he is alone. Someone told him that this is the best way of communicating with the angels, and so he takes a chance and tries to make contact.
At first, he finds this very difficult. He thinks that he has nothing to say, that
he will just repeat the same meaningless twaddle. Even so, the warrior persists. He
spends all day talking to his heart. He says things with which he does not agree, he talks utter nonsense. One day, he notices a change in his voice. He realises that he is acting as a channel for some higher wisdom.
The warrior may seem mad, but this is just a disguise.

=)
You hear that sound?? That's the sound of the men in white coats coming to take you away.

:surprised:

@Nujabes = the medical field. I'm about to graduate from Nursing school.

you sound like you have distaste..
no way brah

who can hate seba jun's music? haha. i play that in the summer or when i want to chill... that or dubstep.

also alukard wanted me to make him a samus combo vid with nujabes tracks once. luv [sic] pt 3, kumomi, that sort of thing.

(i mean, people say it's 'elevator music' at times but... whateva.)

oh no way, did these come out after he died or something... dang. i'll check em out.

last thing i liked were various tracks off his ristorante tapes. some good stuff in there.

thanks.

Nujabes

Smash Apprentice
Spiritual state was the albulm he was almost done with when he died, shing 02 and his other collaborators
they also added luv sic 4 and 5

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
You mean at Apex? Wasn't DLA the highest placing Ganon there? I saw he took a game from Trevonte. Impressive...

Nice. Who was the IC? I remember seeing Verm style on Praxis' ICs in a bunch of vids haha
I play ICs?
Man, I'm pretty tight

Top Bottom