• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

PB&J

Smash Hero
Im looking forward to it,i want to play you way more this time,i think we only played like 4 or 5 matches,i think you really know how good some one is if you play them for at least 30 minutes which should be a min of 10 games,but thats just the way i like to play friendlies

:phone:

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Last time we started at 2 and it went until 9, so I decided to start a bit earlier. Anyway, I'm not on the stream at the moment, but earlier I was 4 stocking people with Ganon and 2 stocking with Kirby. I messed around a bit using Olimar, but the Brawl TV isn't being recoreded.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
You got to make L-cancelling become second nature. Until it does, Ganon, and for that matter any character, is not going to amount to just a whole lot. And you gotta get a little speed in there. Placing your back airs is important as well. You tended to just throw them in the direction of your opponent, at a level that auto-cancels it. You gotta be able to drop it low on the ground and L-cancel it at will.

I gathered all this from the 2 minutes I watched.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Are you sure you were watching me play Ganon and not someone else? I L-cancel all my attacks. You're right that I should be moving more, though.

I'll keep what you said in mind about L-cancelling Bairs.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Are you sure you were watching me play Ganon and not someone else? I L-cancel all my attacks. You're right that I should be moving more, though.

I'll keep what you said in mind about L-cancelling Bairs.
Well, it was first player and the other Ganon did nothing for Fsmash. I assume that you were the one who actually used aerials.

And yeah, well you're L-cancelling some, but you miss a considerable amount of them. Also you don't seem to fast fall them much and it really slows you down. You also don't jab in some situations where you need instant attacks to cancel an opponent's attack.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Yeah, that was me.

I didn't realize I was missing so many, I'll keep that in mind. And yeah, I hardly ever fast fall and never cancel my opponents attacks. I'll try to start doing all of that.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Yeah, that was me.

I didn't realize I was missing so many, I'll keep that in mind. And yeah, I hardly ever fast fall and never cancel my opponents attacks. I'll try to start doing all of that.
Watch any matches from any of the Ganon mains on this thread and you'll learn alot. You gotta get more fluid technically, and you need to play people who are actually good enough in the game to force you to improve.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
You can't do everything at once, PB, you gotta choose wisely. It sounds like you want to play multiple characters but at the same time you want to play Fox a lot..

PB&J

Smash Hero
On the low Kage ive been picking up alot of characters,i did the same thing when i only played icy's i picked up fox and falco,now i am using ganon,shiek,falcon,and marth. @ one point ,me and soft practice every character in the game besides bowser for me,for at least 3 hours a day with each character. I feel like im getting smarter at the game so i dont think it wont be that hard for me and i love challenges and i like ganon,

PB&J

Smash Hero
I watch people like you,linguini,rock crock,chaddd and others. It helps alot but i have test dummies too that help me. People that are worse than me that i test them on,then i play them on players higher level then them and then i keep going higher and higher. Im very good at multitasking sio switch characters isnt hard for me. I guess its like going from the piano to guitar alot,since im a musician. Idk,plus i think the more cbharacters i play it makes my other characters better. Bum the DK player played alot of characters but only played dk in tourny,same with lambchops,he plays fox,marth,and ganon but only plays falco in tourny and they are all great players.if they can do it i can do it too. Im much better at explaing in person so i hope this makes sense a little

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Ya but separating your time in between piano and guitar will not allow you to become super pro at them, only good at best. The only reason I see for them to play multiple characters is either for fun or because they want to understand the psychology from those characters.. other than that I don't really see any point. I mean if there's a match-up you have problems against, switching characters just means you won't allow yourself to overcome that match-up with one character and that could be your downfall in a long run because I'm sure other people will be able to exploit your weaknesses easier even though you have a favorable match-up.

PB&J

Smash Hero
I am going to be pro @ guitar and piano btw,and yea i only play other characters for fun and to further understand them ,not for certain match ups.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Well.. don't say I didn't warn you, time is precious. Music is even harder to be successful at than Melee... what do you want to do with that?

PB&J

Smash Hero
Ive been doing music since i was a little kid,i grew up in the music industy actually and i write songs,perform,and im a producer and i play music way more than smash and it is what im most gifted @ actually.its like second nature to me

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
There's some stuff happening on the stream again, so every time you see a purple Ganon, tell me what you think of him.

PB&J

Smash Hero
Kage-my standards are high too,like i said i can explain better in person. So much stuff i can write on the boards,but most of it would be misunderstood like it always is

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I demand you remove that image and replace it with one where they're on battlefield doing Ganon dittos.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Battlefield has purple on it. How much purple does Yoshi's have?

I may be a Ganon main, but purple comes first.

Top Bottom