• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS How to fully maximize the Smash Bros gameplay experience on the 3DS: Using a Controller-style Grip

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
So do I go with the dreamGear that @ Phaazoid Phaazoid has?

Seems to be the best affordable one, and seems to be getting the best reviews!
I guess its dependent on how you are used to holding it. Phaazoid doesnt seem to have an issue with it at all, while it drives me nuts. Im not sure if its hand size or just the way i hold it, but i cant stand it as i keep pulling it/sliding it around lol.

Teaakayyy

Smash Rookie
In terms of something that won't slide around whilst playing smash, what would you recommend then?! I'm just trying to get outweigh my options because I've been going back and forth on the posts in this thread to decide haha

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Welcome, I hope you can have good discussions here on SmashBoards!

The other devices were very interesting to see, but I'm gonna stick with getting a Circle Pad Pro XL. I really like that extra button "Z" and I hear the CPP XL is really comfy. I like the extra button since I can remap my grab to Z and make R an extra jump if Double Jump canceling is in Sm4sh. Although ABXY are small buttons and close together so I may not need an R jump, either way an extra button is a good thing if I want to map it to something else later.
Wait, I thought the circle pad pro doesn't work in this game, I could have had a Z button the entire time?

Jmacz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aWildJmacz
Can now confirm, that 2DS grip is an absolute must if you have a 2DS. It makes putting your thumb on the circle pad so much more comfortable, the handles are really soft and feel good in your hands. The triggers seem like they will take a bit to get used to, I keep ****ing up grabbing and shielding, but hitting up b and up a is much easier, especially as a Greninja main.

Indefa

Smash Apprentice
In terms of something that won't slide around whilst playing smash, what would you recommend then?! I'm just trying to get outweigh my options because I've been going back and forth on the posts in this thread to decide haha
so which one of those is the best? I'm kinda interested
It's going to come down to preference really, people here are generally going for the Dreamgear one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Nintend...=US_Video_Game_Cases_Bags&hash=item3396fb6dd9

Or the Gametech one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Hand-Gr...709?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2596b781f5

I haven't tried the Dreamgear one but I have to say that the shoulders buttons don't look as comfortable as the big ones that are on the Gametech. The Gametech one also has detachable grips on the bottom with a small or large option depending on your hand size.

Top Bottom