• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How Smash Bros. Amiibos work

TheDMonroeShow

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3695-0037-2189
Game isn't out yet. Know one knows for sure.
Game's out in japan, the whole roster leaked m8.

For me I'm hoping to get a palutena, Pit, Dark pit, sonic, lucina and shulk as i already preorded peach.

I do really like figures though (as you can tell) so hopefully one day I'll end up having enough spare coin to get them all.

XDaDePsak

BRoomer
BRoomer
Game's out in japan, the whole roster leaked m8.

For me I'm hoping to get a palutena, Pit, Dark pit, sonic, lucina and shulk as i already preorded peach.

I do really like figures though (as you can tell) so hopefully one day I'll end up having enough spare coin to get them all.
Unless the game disc has been cracked, I stand by what I said.

If there are truly secret characters, you won't find them just becaues the game's already out in Japan.

There may be special conditions that are very esoteric and difficult to unlock a character. Again, just like REPTILE in MK.

TheDMonroeShow

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3695-0037-2189
Unless the game disc has been cracked, I stand by what I said.

If there are truly secret characters, you won't find them just becaues the game's already out in Japan.

There may be special conditions that are very esoteric and difficult to unlock a character. Again, just like REPTILE in MK.
Ah, i see what you're saying but people got the "You unlocked every character, now the real fight begins" messege in it..of course you're still right we could get dlc later or the whole connecting wii u and 3ds gets extra characters rumor.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Ness. I hope that the poses for them aren't the ones from official art and instead something else. Would be cool to have that type of option.

XDaDePsak

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think Wii fit trainer only has the female version as an amiibo, so I'm pretty sure Nintendo would just do the male version of Robin.
At the end of Nintendo's official Lucina/Robin intro promo video, it shows that you'll be able to play as both male and female version of Robin.

3DSplayer

Smash Cadet
NNID
ArcanineTrainer
At the end of Nintendo's official Lucina/Robin intro promo video, it shows that you'll be able to play as both male and female version of Robin.
I know that, but Wii Fit trainer (and villager) can also be playable in both genders. In the video for Amiibo, there shows only a female Wii Fit trainer and a male villager, so I doubt that Robin will get both male and female amiibos.
That would be awesome though.

XDaDePsak

BRoomer
BRoomer
I know that, but Wii Fit trainer (and villager) can also be playable in both genders. In the video for Amiibo, there shows only a female Wii Fit trainer and a male villager, so I doubt that Robin will get both male and female amiibos.

I think people like buying female figurines more, so if anything expect a female only version of Robin

Last edited:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I'm really not into figurines, and I'm not sold on what Amiibos even do. However, if I ever wanted any they'd be Lucina, female Villager, and Luigi.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
All I want is Pit and Palutena, really. I'm still surprised poor Pit isn't one of the starter ones.

Overclocked

Smash Cadet
NNID
superfamicomwars
I'd like a Palutena, Lucina, Robin and Duck Hunt Dog Amiibo. From the first wave, though, I might get those Villager and Link ones. The idea sounds cool, but I'm not really sure about buying these figures for just one game. I guess I'll just wait until we see more games with them before buying.

Ravioko

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RaviokoTheCat
3DS FC
1263-8771-0336
Switch FC
SW-0032-6272-2452
I'll probably start with Mario and Peach, but if they announce a Dr.Mario one, I'm getting it right away.

Staccato

Smash Cadet
Of the first wave, Kirby and the Villager.

In general, Charizard, Greninja, Lucario, King Dedede, Meta Knight, Duck Hunt Dog, Palutena, Robin, Lucina and Bowser. Probably Little Mac, Bowser Jr. and Megaman too. Oh, and Ness.

Last edited:

NinjaWaddleDee

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NinjaWaddleDee
I've already got Samus pre-ordered. If I go into Gamestop and see Mario and Fox, then I'll pick them up too. My girlfriend plans to get me Kirby for Christmas. :) I always ask her for all the Kirby gifts for some reason lol. It's a tradition.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I've been waiting for legit Smash Bros merchandise for ages, so on one hand I hope they release more (Mr Game and Watch!) but on the other hand, if I'm buying them all...poor wallet :(

Planning on clearing out and selling a bunch of old junk (So long, dust-gathering pokemon cards) so that should help put a dent in the cost of getting em all.

XDaDePsak

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've been waiting for legit Smash Bros merchandise for ages, so on one hand I hope they release more (Mr Game and Watch!) but on the other hand, if I'm buying them all...poor wallet :(

Planning on clearing out and selling a bunch of old junk (So long, dust-gathering pokemon cards) so that should help put a dent in the cost of getting em all.
Little did Mic know, the price of pokemon cards is about to skyrocket any day now...

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
It'd be just my luck. Got the classic Charizard card and ones like shiny magikarp and gyrados too D:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Game isn't out yet. Know one knows for sure.

Since they're bringing back all these retro characters, maybe they'll also go as far as to bring back something truly retro: actual secret characters. And not these fake pseudo-"secret" characters that require playing the game for x minutes to unlock. I mean characters that you don't even find out about until weeks after the game comes out. Like REPTILE in the original Mortal Kombat.
It's not that retro. Didn't play as master hand in melee until after brawl was out. And I bet that game was cracked.

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
Ah, but neither male Wii Fit Trainer or female Villager have the high res CG art that their opposing sexes do. Robin, on the other hand, has both genders in the official art.

Top Bottom