• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How Smash Bros. Amiibos work

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Ice Climbers. So I could let my cousin play as Ice Climbers and he stops complaining about them being removed.

Jiggy37

Smash Apprentice
From the initial batch, Kirby for sure. Possibly Marth if he turns out really great in battle, but probably not because I'd rather have Lucina.

Down the road, at least Jigglypuff, Mega Man, and Captain Falcon. Lucina and King Dedede have excellent chances.

aliensalmon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aliensalmon
3DS FC
1204-0174-6540
I want to get them all! Especially the Pokemon, Kirby, and Yoshi ones!

VKatana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
erivatro5
3DS FC
4527-8168-1631
From the initial batch, Kirby for sure. Possibly Marth if he turns out really great in battle, but probably not because I'd rather have Lucina.

Down the road, at least Jigglypuff, Mega Man, and Captain Falcon. Lucina and King Dedede have excellent chances.
OH man I forgot about Dedede! Hands down, he has to be one of my favorite cartoon characters of all time. The only reason I'm counting him as a cartoon character is mainly the art style of Kirby is so cartoony.

XDaDePsak

BRoomer
BRoomer
OH man I forgot about Dedede! Hands down, he has to be one of my favorite cartoon characters of all time. The only reason I'm counting him as a cartoon character is mainly the art style of Kirby is so cartoony.
There's a Kirby cartoon?

LordVacation

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SpaceVacation
If I ever do I'm sure I'd grab Rosalina depending on how much I like her or Pikachu 'cause he's my boy.
I doubt I ever will, though.
Don't really see the point.

VKatana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
erivatro5
3DS FC
4527-8168-1631
There's a Kirby cartoon?
It's called "Kirby, Right Back at Ya!" although I'm not a huge fan of it, as are most people. I so wish Nintendo would step back onto the television/animation scene... they could do a cartoon right this time around. Although with Dedede I was mainly referring to Kirby's art style in general.

XDaDePsak

BRoomer
BRoomer

NINTENDO ARE YOU READING THIS

We all want Lucina and Zero Suit Samus

XDaDePsak

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's called "Kirby, Right Back at Ya!" although I'm not a huge fan of it, as are most people. I so wish Nintendo would step back onto the television/animation scene... they could do a cartoon right this time around. Although with Dedede I was mainly referring to Kirby's art style in general.
I pretty much gave up on Nintendo cartoons. I watched the Pokemon cartoons for a long time but it seems like Ash's pokemon never really got very much stronger.

Like Dragon Ball Z had a sense of scale. You could really tell when someone was stronger than before. In Pokemon it seems like Pikachu was stronger in the first episode when he took out that flock of pidgets then he ever was in any episode after that. That juset makes it a boring show to me.

VKatana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
erivatro5
3DS FC
4527-8168-1631
I pretty much gave up on Nintendo cartoons. I watched the Pokemon cartoons for a long time but it seems like Ash's pokemon never really got very much stronger.

Like Dragon Ball Z had a sense of scale. You could really tell when someone was stronger than before. In Pokemon it seems like Pikachu was stronger in the first episode when he took out that flock of pidgets then he ever was in any episode after that. That juset makes it a boring show to me.
I can agree with that actually. To me the magic in the Pokemon animes came from the fact that the characters experience more or less the same adventure that you do in the game. When I played XY then saw the anime, not gonna lie I thought it was pretty rad. As far as other cartoons go, it would be so rad if they got it right. Kirby characters and storylines would make for a great cartoon, because if there's anything Adventure Time and MLP have taught us: cartoons don't need diverse plots to be great. Simple animation and fun overrule it. And a DK cartoon would be amazing to no end if it was good. I would imagine a Mario cartoon being more like Animaniacs. If you can't tell, I really like cartoons. A lot.

XDaDePsak

BRoomer
BRoomer
I can agree with that actually. To me the magic in the Pokemon animes came from the fact that the characters experience more or less the same adventure that you do in the game. When I played XY then saw the anime, not gonna lie I thought it was pretty rad. As far as other cartoons go, it would be so rad if they got it right. Kirby characters and storylines would make for a great cartoon, because if there's anything Adventure Time and MLP have taught us: cartoons don't need diverse plots to be great. Simple animation and fun overrule it. And a DK cartoon would be amazing to no end if it was good. I would imagine a Mario cartoon being more like Animaniacs. If you can't tell, I really like cartoons. A lot.
Do you only like sort of PG-type cartoons? What about darker anime, like Berzerk?

Tails1000

Smash Cadet
Right now the only one I want is Shulk, but we haven't seen him yet nor do we know if he's making one (Unless he said every smash rep will get one, i'm not sure)

Freduardo

Smash Champion
There's a rich history of Smash Brothers Characters having their own cartoons.

Mario, Luigi, Toad, Peach (then called Princess Toadstool), Bowser
The Super Mario Brothers Super Show

Everyone I listed before plus the Koopa Kids (As bastardized renamed things like cheatsy, bully, kooky von, and big mouth)
Super Mario Bros. 3

Everyone I listed before plus Yoshi
Super Mario World

Mario, Donkey Kong, Pauline (I'm sure she has a trophy):
Saturday Supercade

Donkey Kong, Pit, Mega Man, Link, Samus, Mother Brain, King Hippo, Eggplant Wizard:
Captain N and the N team.

Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Cranky Kong:
Donkey Kong Country Animated Series. With Crystal Cocoanuts and lots of singing.

Mario, Luigi, Toad, Peach, Bowser:
Mario Anime OVA

Sonic:
Sonic Anime OVA, SotAM, the Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic X, Sonic Boom (Upcoming).

Pac Man:
Pac Man (1980), Pac Man and the Ghostly Adventures.

All the Pokemon have had their own anime with numerous sub series.

Captain Falcon:
The F-Zero Anime I don't remember the sub title of.
Kirby, Meta Knight, Dedede:
Kirby Right Back at Ya!

Pit, Palutena:
The Kid Icarus 3d Anime shorts for Nintendo Video

Link, Zelda, Ganon:
The Legend Of Zelda cartoons that appeared on Fridays on the Super Mario Brothers Super Show. I still want a Link PSA based on this series with a taunt that says "Excuuuuuuuuuse me, Princess"

Mega Man:
Mega Man (The fighting robot)

Sadly Samus and the Star Fox crew have yet to jump out of comic books.

An honorable mention to Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Iggy, and Lemmy, and Daisy in: The Super Mario Brothers Movie.

And Sonic and Bowser in Wreck it Ralph.

VKatana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
erivatro5
3DS FC
4527-8168-1631
There's a rich history of Smash Brothers Characters having their own cartoons.

Mario, Luigi, Toad, Peach (then called Princess Toadstool), Bowser
The Super Mario Brothers Super Show

Everyone I listed before plus the Koopa Kids (As *******ized renamed things like cheatsy, bully, kooky von, and big mouth)
Super Mario Bros. 3

Everyone I listed before plus Yoshi
Super Mario World

Mario, Donkey Kong, Pauline (I'm sure she has a trophy):
Saturday Supercade

Donkey Kong, Pit, Mega Man, Link, Samus, Mother Brain, King Hippo, Eggplant Wizard:
Captain N and the N team.

Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Cranky Kong:
Donkey Kong Country Animated Series. With Crystal Cocoanuts and lots of singing.

Mario, Luigi, Toad, Peach, Bowser:
Mario Anime OVA

Sonic:
Sonic Anime OVA, SotAM, the Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic X, Sonic Boom (Upcoming).

Pac Man:
Pac Man (1980), Pac Man and the Ghostly Adventures.

All the Pokemon have had their own anime with numerous sub series.

Captain Falcon:
The F-Zero Anime I don't remember the sub title of.
Kirby, Meta Knight, Dedede:
Kirby Right Back at Ya!

Pit, Palutena:
The Kid Icarus 3d Anime shorts for Nintendo Video

Link, Zelda, Ganon:
The Legend Of Zelda cartoons that appeared on Fridays on the Super Mario Brothers Super Show. I still want a Link PSA based on this series with a taunt that says "Excuuuuuuuuuse me, Princess"

Mega Man:
Mega Man (The fighting robot)

Sadly Samus and the Star Fox crew have yet to jump out of comic books.

An honorable mention to Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Iggy, and Lemmy, and Daisy in: The Super Mario Brothers Movie.

And Sonic and Bowser in Wreck it Ralph.
So awesome to see someone with a similar love for/interest in cartoons!

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Villager, Wario, Ness and Dr. Mario (and maybe Toon Link).

Last edited:

wingedarcher7

The PSI Powerhouse
NNID
speedstar623
3DS FC
3411-2028-1159
Is it even possible that they would make more in the future?

If so, I'd really like one of Ness, Pit, and Shulk. Sonic would be pretty cool too, but maybe that one will be less likely because of him belonging to SEGA and all.

ShyGuy16

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Juliansg16
3DS FC
0516-7704-2697
I'd obviously love to see a Ness Amiibo, but Villager, R.O.B., and DHD would all be nice as well. Though Luigi would be pretty rad if his Amiibo worked with other games, especially Captain Toad or Mario Party 10...

XDaDePsak

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'd obviously love to see a Ness Amiibo, but Villager, R.O.B., and DHD would all be nice as well. Though Luigi would be pretty rad if his Amiibo worked with other games, especially Captain Toad or Mario Party 10...
I've seen enough Chucky / Child's Play movies to know that a Villager amiibo would be a bad idea.

Last edited:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I've seen enough Chucky / Child's Play movies to know that a Villager amiibo would be a bad idea.
You wake up and the Villager Amiibo is positioned on the headboard of your bed, and you know you didn't leave him there.

And you just know you didn't buy seven of them.

And you really just know that their smiles used to be closed mouth ones. But the eyes are unchanged. Except for the one on your headboard, he looks like his animation just as he swings and misses with the axe.

Sweet dreams.

Last edited:

XDaDePsak

BRoomer
BRoomer
You wake up and the Villager Amiibo is positioned on the headboard of your bed, and you know you didn't leave him there.

And you just know you didn't buy seven of them.

And you really just know that they're smiles used to be closed mouth ones. But the eyes are unchanged. Except for the one on your headboard, he looks like his animation just as he swings and misses with the axe.

Sweet dreams.
lol

I wish I could find that south park clip with the goldfish that keeps getting closer to cartman/kyle or whoever.

Maester

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Maester
3DS FC
4468-0971-1384

First and only.

Last edited:

♦ Neosquid ♦

Smash Apprentice
I do not care about any of the current Amiibos. I'll definitely be buying Bowser Jr., Jigglypuff, Shulk, and Toon Link, and maybe a few others, like Luigi and Greninja.

JLU51306

Smash Apprentice
I'd get a couple of them just for the collectability aspect.

I need a Mewtwo one really bad....

XDaDePsak

BRoomer
BRoomer
Aren't these figures not even out yet? How was this angled picture at the top of someone's priority list?
Back in my day, we took what we could get. National Geographic magazines, Kmart underwear ads, the fairy in OoT. Don't judge.

Waluigi is too big

Smash Journeyman
NNID
waluigi44
Does the line mean you hate those guys so much you wish there will never be amiibos made of them?
No. Wolf was at the top of my albino's list. If you Mewtwo and Ridley were in the game I would have bought those instantly. And I was going to buy my friend lucas.

XDaDePsak

BRoomer
BRoomer
No. Wolf was at the top of my albino's list. If you Mewtwo and Ridley were in the game I would have bought those instantly. And I was going to buy my friend lucas.
Game isn't out yet. Know one knows for sure.

Since they're bringing back all these retro characters, maybe they'll also go as far as to bring back something truly retro: actual secret characters. And not these fake pseudo-"secret" characters that require playing the game for x minutes to unlock. I mean characters that you don't even find out about until weeks after the game comes out. Like REPTILE in the original Mortal Kombat.

Top Bottom