• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How can we predict reveals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CombatScouter

Smash Apprentice
No Meta Knight today sadly, and I doubt he'll be shown for NA Triple Deluxe. I do feel that he'll be revealed at E3 though, along with a handful of other veterans; Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, Meta Knight, Snake, and/or a Starfox character seem fitting.

As for the time between now and E3, I'm guessing either a Mother character (finally), or Wario.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
At this point, I feel like predicting characters at specific release dates is grasping at straws now.
For North America, Europe, and spin-off games at least...

The next game with Japanese release is Pokemon Art Academy (which is after Nintendo's Digital Event). I'm gonna expect random veteran reveal this month. :ike:... perhaps?

Shroob

Sup?
For North America, Europe, and spin-off games at least...

The next game with Japanese release is Pokemon Art Academy (which is after Nintendo's Digital Event). I'm gonna expect random veteran reveal this month. :ike:... perhaps?
Rather have :ness2: or :lucas: if only due to the humor that would be present if they came around Mother's Day.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
So, Wario for Mario Kart 8? Do we think that's it for this month? Or is do you think we may get a random reveal too?

D

Deleted member

So, Wario for Mario Kart 8? Do we think that's it for this month? Or is do you think we may get a random reveal too?
We might get something before May 30, but I am predicting that we will get Wario. If not, then I bet that he's saved for E3. He's a pretty hypable veteran.

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
We might get something before May 30, but I am predicting that we will get Wario. If not, then I bet that he's saved for E3. He's a pretty hypable veteran.
He has a hype in him? That's news to me. lol no offence to all the wario fans but his already was in Ssb and will be in the next Ssb. So I doubt he brings much hype or surprise ness.

I think sakurai won't reveal any character this month and will save it all @ e3 plus I think 3ds is far from releasing.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
One veteran GOT to reveal this month because if not it will break the longest drought record for 7 days. I don't think Sakurai would do something like that.

D

Deleted member

He has a hype in him? That's news to me. lol no offence to all the wario fans but his already was in Ssb and will be in the next Ssb. So I doubt he brings much hype or surprise ness.

I think sakurai won't reveal any character this month and will save it all @ e3 plus I think 3ds is far from releasing.
Well... it's freaking Wario for crying out loud. He isn't as hypable as let's say a newcomer, but he is still a popular character.
I can sadly see Sakurai not reveal anyone this month. :(

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Let's give up guys, it's IMPOSSIBLE to even predict this intelligent asshat anymore. We might as well be surprised at the next reveal regardless of the situation.

Shroob

Sup?
I still see 0 reason to reveal Wario for Mario Kart. He represents the WarioWare franchise, not the mainstream Mario franchise and its spinoffs.

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
If any vet gets revealed before E3, I feel like it'll be Wario or Metaknight.

But I sort of doubt we'll get any characters in May.

Last edited:

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
If any vet gets revealed before E3, I feel like it'll be Wario or Metaknight.

But I sort of doubt we'll get any characters in May.
I kind of expect other veteran than just meta Knight or Wario.

We do have release dates for Kirby's Triple Deluxe for this month but neither of them is Japan and it's already fulfilled by King Dedede. Meta Knight is extremely unlikely at this point.

And for Wario, his reveal on the same day as Mario Kart 8 isn't plausible because it's Mario spin-off game and no one ever revealed for it.

Staarih

Smash Master
I also don't see Wario for Mario Kart 8. To some extent it DOES seem like a workable thing but we've missed so many dates before, which we thought were more obvious than this will be. I think we might get a Mario Kart stage for the Wii U that day.

I think IF we get a character reveal this month, it will be random. I would love a Mother-character around Mother's Day though (so the Friday before it or Monday after it), it would be a fun date for it to happen... but I guess it still won't happen haha! I dont know what to expect so might as well not expect anything.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I just find it odd that Wario wouldn't advertise Game & Wario.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Well, one way to look at it is this way: You can get a free Game&Wario game with Mario Kart 8.

Though why shouldn't Wario be revealed for Mario Kart 8? He's one of the main characters in the Mario spin offs, and there's no other Wario game announced. Makes perfect sense.

Last edited:

Sxips

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dark_Dino
Switch FC
SW-8329-8819-7281
What if for Mother's Day Sakurai reveals a veteran that relates to his mother in his life. Or a vet that his mother really likes.

D

Deleted member

What if for Mother's Day Sakurai reveals a veteran that relates to his mother in his life. Or a vet that his mother really likes.
Or Ness and/or Lucas because it's Mother's Day?
I doubt that will happen, but it would be cool!

Kon

Smash Journeyman
I have one good reason why we may end up seeing Wario for the MK8 release beside the fact he's a driver in MK8:
He has his bike as a part of his moveset. Just imagine the Picture of the Day. Even Sakurai will be like "Oh yeah, Wario on his bike would be perfect to promote Mario Kart 8" instead of randomly revealing Wario or not revealing him until the release of SSB4.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I have one good reason why we may end up seeing Wario for the MK8 release beside the fact he's a driver in MK8:
He has his bike as a part of his moveset. Just imagine the Picture of the Day. Even Sakurai will be like "Oh yeah, Wario on his bike would be perfect to promote Mario Kart 8" instead of randomly revealing Wario or not revealing him until the release of SSB4.
Interesting, but I still wouldn't count on it.

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
And it sort of would please the "Mach riders" fans out there that wanted him in the game. lol

Rabbattack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RabbitLord443
3DS FC
1627-8463-7654
I'm hoping for Robin, Palutena, Krystal, Mii, and Ice Climbers to be revealed.
Chrom and Ike are to boring, I don't care who is picked as long as I have my Robin.
Takamaru is sumtin possibru.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
...I think 3ds is far from releasing.
I think that's more of a matter of perspective. We were told Summer; Summer starts late June (I believe the the Solstice is the 21st) and ends late September (the equinox is the 23rd). So we're about a month and a half away at minimum and four and a half months a maximum. Considering the game was officially announced about eleven months ago it doesn't seem to far off even at the maximum. Though, it isn't super close either.

E3 is really close, though. And they will have a demo of the Wii U version. But not the 3DS (if I'm right) which suggests, to me, that it may be out soon after E3. That's probably looking to much into things, though.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Well, one way to look at it is this way: You can get a free Game&Wario game with Mario Kart 8.

Though why shouldn't Wario be revealed for Mario Kart 8? He's one of the main characters in the Mario spin offs, and there's no other Wario game announced. Makes perfect sense.
And thats not here in North America, we only get an option of 4 games, being Super Mario Bros U, Wind Waker HD, Pikmin 3 and Wii Party U.

Also, lets face it, May is probably going to be a dry month because E3 might be like Aprils Direct: Multiple veterans and a newcomer or 2.

Jerry Applesauce

Smash Ace
Yeah I bet we're getting nothing till E3 ( Nothing = no character reveals) We got nothing for a over a month before the Direct, and seeing as how E3 is next month, I think we're in for another "drought." Haha.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Yeah I bet we're getting nothing till E3 ( Nothing = no character reveals) We got nothing for a over a month before the Direct, and seeing as how E3 is next month, I think we're in for another "drought." Haha.
Very possible, yes. No big deal, A lot will go down during E3.

GmanSir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GmanSir
For the same reason Yoshi wasn't revealed in a PotD, I expect characters that would get changes not be shown in PotDs. So the next veteran reveal would be a starter that didn't change, so either :popo: or :ness2:. (Yeah I think Ness would be a starter this time, while Lucas would be unlockable.)

Morbi

Scavenger
For the same reason Yoshi wasn't revealed in a PotD, I expect characters that would get changes not be shown in PotDs. So the next veteran reveal would be a starter that didn't change, so either :popo: or :ness2:. (Yeah I think Ness would be a starter this time, while Lucas would be unlockable.)
Zelda; Zelda was revealed during a "picture of the day."

Kon

Smash Journeyman
As we know already, most of the character reveals so far were by the end of the week, Thursday or Friday. Does anyone think we will get a new character this Thursday or Friday? I kind of have a feeling like we may get a random one. Maybe Ice Climbers or Captain Falcon.

I would also say we would at best get two veterans this month. I keep believing in Wario on his bike. It would be best to show Ice Climbers as Sakurai could show: "Just look: No technical problems are keeping me from implementing whoever I want in Smash!"

Well, Sakurai is the master of the trolls so perhaps he'll just throw in Mr.Game&Watch completely random.

Morbi

Scavenger
As we know already, most of the character reveals so far were by the end of the week, Thursday or Friday. Does anyone think we will get a new character this Thursday or Friday? I kind of have a feeling like we may get a random one. Maybe Ice Climbers or Captain Falcon.

I would also say we would at best get two veterans this month. I keep believing in Wario on his bike. It would be best to show Ice Climbers as Sakurai could show: "Just look: No technical problems are keeping me from implementing whoever I want in Smash!"

Well, Sakurai is the master of the trolls so perhaps he'll just throw in Mr.Game&Watch completely random.
I am still waiting on a Mother's Day representative. Lucas or Ness, probably Lucas.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I am still waiting on a Mother's Day representative. Lucas or Ness, probably Lucas.
Nah I don't think Lucas will return. He was just in for Mother 3's release and it's clear a new one isn't coming out and we aren't getting Mother 3 so 2 reps doesn't seem necessary.

Plus Roy was from a japan only game and he never returned either.

Shroob

Sup?
Nah I don't think Lucas will return. He was just in for Mother 3's release and it's clear a new one isn't coming out and we aren't getting Mother 3 so 2 reps doesn't seem necessary.

Roy was primarily in for advertising, and Brawl's coding says he was at least planned to return.

I don't think we can judge a character by their worldwide appeal since Marth was also in a Japan only game and he returned in Brawl, so that completely shuts down your point right there. Yes, he has appeared in US games since, but between Melee and Brawl, he was Japan Only. And you can't say 'but he was in Melee!' because Lucas was in Brawl, so the same logic would apply there.

I feel like the Mother series could have both boys back. Still not 100% sure on it, but I feel it's likely. The fact that Sakurai mentioned the Ultimate Chimera shows he acknowledges the Mother 3 fanbase at least, and the Franklin Badge returning gives me hope.

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Going by the number of deconfirmations within the last few days alone, I think if anything this month will be purely about characters that haven't made it in. And to make up for all the bad news, E3 follows afterwards with a big reveal bonanza.

HeroG

Smash Apprentice
Sceptile is green he could be the next newcomer released.

(Or Palutena)

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627

You don't know that- Wii U just got GBA VC games and Earthbound sold EXTREMELY well on VC. I doubt it as well, but it's still a possibility.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Last chance for Mother character is Monday. :troll:
I honestly don't know what they will reveal if there is a character for this month, by process of elimination it could be:
:falcon::popo::lucas::ness2::wario::wolf:

Anyone expect a regular Nintendo Direct this month?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom