• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How can we predict reveals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
If we get any reveals this month, it'll most definitely be only veterans. Too close to E3 to have newcomers soon.

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Last chance for Mother character is Monday. :troll:
I honestly don't know what they will reveal if there is a character for this month, by process of elimination it could be:
:falcon::popo::lucas::ness2::wario::wolf:

Anyone expect a regular Nintendo Direct this month?
Nah, they'll probably just save everything for E3

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
They should have shown Captain Falcon by now, like we ALLL KNOW HIS IN THE FKN GAME, especially when Samurai Goroh is in the game and his "The Original 12". I bet Sakurai is changing/updating Captain Falcon to "make him stronger". Same with Ness. I feel both will be different on 1 or more of their special moves. All just possibilities.

Cause I can't see a "Changed/Updated" Captain Falcon being shown in a regular pic of the day, especially when sakurai doesn't talk at all in "Character's Trailers" or talk much in POTD.

4 more weeks to go........and........hopefully the finished product doesn't have "any" character half-as*ed. I don't want to hear any developer saying, "I didn't have time".....that ticks me off so much -_-, especially after buying the game.

Morbi

Scavenger
They should have shown Captain Falcon by now, like we ALLL KNOW HIS IN THE FKN GAME, especially when Samurai Goroh is in the game and his "The Original 12". I bet Sakurai is changing/updating Captain Falcon to "make him stronger". Same with Ness. I feel both will be different on 1 or more of their special moves. All just possibilities.

Cause I can't see a "Changed/Updated" Captain Falcon being shown in a regular pic of the day, especially when sakurai doesn't talk at all in "Character's Trailers" or talk much in POTD.

4 more weeks to go........and........hopefully the finished product doesn't have "any" character half-as*ed. I don't want to hear any developer saying, "I didn't have time".....that ticks me off so much -_-, especially after buying the game.
The same could be said about every single veteran revealed. There were a few incompetent individuals that didn't see Toon Link, Lucario, or Solo Charizard. But most, using logic, already knew that those things would happen.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
The same could be said about every single veteran revealed. There were a few incompetent individuals that didn't see Toon Link, Lucario, or Solo Charizard. But most, using logic, already knew that those things would happen.
Er... I wouldn't be so presumptuous to say that most people, or most logical people, knew solo Charizard was going to be a thing. There were perfectly logical reasons why people expected the Pokemon Trainer to return, with all three Pokemon intact.

Morbi

Scavenger
Er... I wouldn't be so presumptuous to say that most people, or most logical people, knew solo Charizard was going to be a thing. There were perfectly logical reasons why people expected the Pokemon Trainer to return, with all three Pokemon intact.
Not really, there may have been the one logical reason: he is a veteran. Other than that, all the evidence indicated that Pokemon Trainer would be removed.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Toon Link and Lucario where blessed with good timing yeah (Even though I think Toon Link was already planned before the Zelda team decided to remake Wind Waker and Lucario had the whole mega evolution thingamajig going for it, though Sakurai probably wanted them both back anyway regardless of the recent developments they got)

Not sure if Solo-Zard was that obvious, the idea was thrown around here and there though.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Not really, there may have been the one logical reason: he is a veteran. Other than that, all the evidence indicated that Pokemon Trainer would be removed.
I disagree. I would rather like to see all this evidence that indicated this.

As for the evidence FOR his inclusion, there were a number of things.

1.) The three starters he uses, which are probably the most iconic starters of the series, gained recent relevance through X and Y, where they were all made available to the player and all received Mega Evolutions.

2.) The Pokemon Origins special focused on Red, who is essentially the Pokemon Trainer. So, the Trainer himself, as well as his pokemon, all had importance and relevance on their side.

3.) The Trainer as a whole represents an entirely different concept as a character than the other Pokemon do, being a representation of who you actually play as in the games, and somewhat replicates the gameplay of Pokemon games through his (not very good, admittedly) playstyle.

4.) We didn't know about Transformations being removed until right before Charizard was revealed. Had we known that ahead of time, more people would have thought solo Charizard as likely.

5.) Being a veteran is a rather big plus.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
The answer to this thread; except the initial Megaman to build hype, the more unusual and unrequested the character, the further from the release date they have been revealed. In fact, we havnt gotten another character that was seen likely (possibly little mac, who also had a huge crowd against him for multiple reasons).

The highly anticipated characters.... none have made it.
They are more likely to be revealed later; it would be ridiculous for none of them to make it in, unless they absolutely never will under Sakurai's eye.

So, if you want a character like Ninendog in, his shot is... shot.

But, K.Rool? Pacman? Game release.

This is, of course, only for new fighters

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Toon Link and Lucario where blessed with good timing yeah (Even though I think Toon Link was already planned before the Zelda team decided to remake Wind Waker and Lucario had the whole mega evolution thingamajig going for it)

Not sure if Solo-Zard was that obvious though, the idea was thrown around here and there though.
He was entirely obvious, Sakurai blatantly confirmed that the roster would be receiving omissions. I have typed up the spread before, but Pokemon Trainer, already unpopular due to impractical mechanics that were a detriment to the character was the only logical cut in the entire game (one could argue Snake or Ice Climbers as they are at the very least justifiable). Sakurai actually referenced it, but people didn't realize he was referring to Pokemon Trainer (adding characters is more like multiplication, etc.). Pokemon Trainer's prominence was already an extension of Charizard. He was the only important character out of the 3 (as Pokemon Trainer wasn't alluded to as Red or Ash, he was the avatar). Once Charizard was revealed to be the only Kanto starter with an additional Mega Evolution, it became even more overt.

There was no logical reason to keep the most time consuming character that wasn't well-received in the event of a cut. There was no logical evidence to support his return aside from the notion that he was in Brawl.

I can see why it was unexpected for some, but it was completely logical.

I disagree. I would rather like to see all this evidence that indicated this.

As for the evidence FOR his inclusion, there were a number of things.

1.) The three starters he uses, which are probably the most iconic starters of the series, gained recent relevance through X and Y, where they were all made available to the player and all received Mega Evolutions.

2.) The Pokemon Origins special focused on Red, who is essentially the Pokemon Trainer. So, the Trainer himself, as well as his pokemon, all had importance and relevance on their side.

3.) The Trainer as a whole represents an entirely different concept as a character than the other Pokemon do, being a representation of who you actually play as in the games, and somewhat replicates the gameplay of Pokemon games through his (not very good, admittedly) playstyle.

4.) We didn't know about Transformations being removed until right before Charizard was revealed. Had we known that ahead of time, more people would have thought solo Charizard as likely.

5.) Being a veteran is a rather big plus.
You just listed reasons as to why Pokemon Trainer was feasible. You did not; however, assert anything logical correlating to his inclusion.

1). No; Squirtle didn't receive a Mega Evolution, Blastoise did. Ivysaur didn't receive a Mega Evolution, Venasaur did. It is immaterial that they are included in the evolutionary family because those characters were not playable in Smash. Hence, this is a reason for why Pokemon Trainer is feasible, not logical support to the character. It is also self-defeating as Charizard was the only one out of the 3 to receive a Mega Evolution.

2). No; Pokemon Trainer isn't Red. You cannot have "evidence" 2 and 3 because they directly contradict each other making your argument inherently fallacious. However, if Pokemon Origins was an indicator of what would happen, it would indicate that Charizard was the most prominent therefore supporting solo-Charizard yet again. Your evidence is much to ambiguous, it supports the notion of solo-Charizard while justifying Pokemon Trainer.

3). I will give you this one. It isn't necessarily support as to why he was more likely than Charizard. But it is objectively true.

4). Exactly the point. That isn't evidence as to why he was likely though. That is evidence as to why people cannot discern the evidence pertinent to their
arguments, they need it handed to them on a silver platter. solo-Charizard would still exist even if transformations weren't cut by the way, it has much more to due with the objective fact that he was the most difficult to develop.

5). Yes. I already gave you this one. But guess what, Charizard was a veteran as well, the most popular veteran out of the 4. That is an even bigger plus.

I don't mean to sound pretentious, I really don't. I have been arguing for this ever since I joined. I know the ends and outs. I apologize if I implied that you were not logical in your reasons. solo-Charizard was always more plausible by a
preponderance of the evidence.

If you used logic and didn't adhere to any fallacy ridden mentalities like confirmation bias, it would have been clear months prior to his reveal.

Last edited by a moderator:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
He was entirely obvious, Sakurai blatantly confirmed that the roster would be receiving omissions. I have typed up the spread before, but Pokemon Trainer, already unpopular due to impractical mechanics that were a detriment to the character was the only logical cut in the entire game (one could argue Snake or Ice Climbers as they are at the very least justifiable). Sakurai actually referenced it, but people didn't realize he was referring to Pokemon Trainer (adding characters is more like multiplication, etc.). Pokemon Trainer's prominence was already an extension of Charizard. He was the only important character out of the 3 (as Pokemon Trainer wasn't alluded to as Red or Ash, he was the avatar). Once Charizard was revealed to be the only Kanto starter with an additional Mega Evolution, it became even more overt.

There was no logical reason to keep the most time consuming character that wasn't well-received in the event of a cut. There was no logical evidence to support his return aside from the notion that he was in Brawl.

It does make sense, but there was plenty of evidence stated RIGHT above your post.
And, all the Kanto starters are pretty iconic. Kanto as a whole is about eight times more iconic than any other generation, and while the Pokemon website did a very poor poll (poor mostly because it gave each generation equal candidates, not affected by one generation being more favored over another, or even the varying number of pokemon added each time).

Pokemon trainer's PROMINENCE is definitely far beyond any other character representing Pokemon, he is the hero of the pokemon games.
Popularity? Yes, charizard has more. All three Pokemon had more.

edit: you posted while I was typing. Remind me to get back to your points

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
It does make sense, but there was plenty of evidence stated RIGHT above your post.
And, all the Kanto starters are pretty iconic. Kanto as a whole is about eight times more iconic than any other generation, and while the Pokemon website did a very poor poll (poor mostly because it give each rep equal candidates, despite size or the fact that all are not equal), Blastoise is still third most popular pokmon.

Pokemon trainer's PROMINENCE is definitely far beyond any other character representing Pokemon, he is the hero of the pokemon games.
Popularity? Yes, charizard has more. All three Pokemon had more.
I addressed everything, most of the evidence was "ambiguous" and circumstantial. There was much more direct evidence that favored solo-Charizard; therefore, a rational perspective would be influenced to select the side with more evidence or more pertinent evidence.

Yes they are. Not iconic enough to Smash I am afraid. You have to analyze everything in the context of Smash.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

You just listed reasons as to why Pokemon Trainer was feasible. You did not; however, assert anything logical correlating to his inclusion.

1). No; Squirtle didn't receive a Mega Evolution, Blastoise did. Ivysaur didn't receive a Mega Evolution, Venasaur did. It is immaterial that they are included in the evolutionary family because those characters were not playable in Smash. Hence, this is a reason for why Pokemon Trainer is feasible, not logical support to the character. It is also self-defeating as Charizard was the only one out of the 3 to receive a Mega Evolution.

2). No; Pokemon Trainer isn't Red. You cannot have "evidence" 2 and 3 because they directly contradict each other making your argument inherently fallacious. However, if Pokemon Origins was an indicator of what would happen, it would indicate that Charizard was the most prominent therefore supporting solo-Charizard yet again. Your evidence is much to ambiguous, it supports the notion of solo-Charizard while justifying Pokemon Trainer.

3). I will give you this one. It isn't necessarily support as to why he was more likely than Charizard. But it is objectively true.

4). Exactly the point. That isn't evidence as to why he was likely though. That is evidence as to why people cannot discern the evidence pertinent to their
arguments, they need it handed to them on a silver platter. solo-Charizard would still exist even if transformations weren't cut by the way, it has much more to due with the objective fact that he was the most difficult to develop.

5). Yes. I already gave you this one. But guess what, Charizard was a veteran as well, the most popular veteran out of the 4. That is an even bigger plus.

I don't mean to sound pretentious, I really don't. I have been arguing for this ever since I joined. I know the ends and outs. I apologize if I implied that you were not logical in your reasons. solo-Charizard was always more plausible by a
preponderance of the evidence.

If you used logic and didn't adhere to any fallacy ridden mentalities like confirmation bias, it would have been clear months prior to his reveal.
You do come off as a bit pretentious and condescending there. Saying that anyone who didn't predict solo Charizard is incompetent does imply that sort of attitude.

Now, I do think you make some good points. However, I still believe that there was reason to think that the Pokemon Trainer would return. Let me try explaining this from a different perspective.

Now, as you've made quite clear, Charizard is the most popular and most promoted starter of the original three. The Origins special and the two mega evolutions prove that, naturally. However, I believe it's worth mentioning that Charizard has always been in that position. He's always been the most popular of the three, and has always received bits of special treatment from Game Freak because of this, even before X and Y introduced Mega Evolutions and all that. The reason I bring this up is because I've noticed you haven't really addressed one thing in particular; why was the Trainer added into Brawl in the first place? Why was such a difficult to develop character even considered for the roster, and why did such a concept even make it into the final product? Given Charizard's status as the most popular Pokemon of all time, him getting in solo then wouldn't be much stranger than it would have been now; if any of the three starters got in alone, it would have been Charizard. Despite that, the Trainer, along with Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard, made it into the roster together. Notably, Charizard was the starter to get in fully evolved, which reflected his status as the favorite of fans and Game Freak, while the others got their earlier evolutionary stages. After all that, then came along X and Y, where Charizard got quite a bit of goodies just for him, like the two Mega Evolutions and being the starter of choice of the Origins special. However, the other starters, and their evolutionary families, weren't exactly left behind to rot. It wasn't like with the Hoenn starters where Blaziken was put in the spotlight and the other two were completely left out of the picture. The Squirtle and Bulbasaur families were both available in X and Y as well, and both those families received mega evolutions as well (naturally, it wasn't Squirtle and Ivysaur who got mega evolutions, but the attention given to their families is still present). To a good number of people, what was going on with the starters in X and Y was just a continuation of what we've been seeing for so long; the original starters being treated well while Charizard, the fan favorite, gets special treatment. This is how it's always been, and how it was in Brawl as well; Charizard was the one who was playable in its fully evolved stage while the other two starters got lesser forms. From that perspective, there wasn't much reason for the Trainer as a whole to be cut aside from developmental issues, which didn't keep him out of Brawl, even though it very well could have.

That's how I viewed the situation prior to the Direct. Go ahead and say that I'm using fallacious reasoning that's too ambiguous and isn't actual evidence, I guess. I just feel that there was reason to think that the Pokemon Trainer could have returned, and that you shouldn't declare all of us who thought he would return to be incompetent and illogical in hindsight.

Morbi

Scavenger
You do come off as a bit pretentious and condescending there. Saying that anyone who didn't predict solo Charizard is incompetent does imply that sort of attitude.

Now, I do think you make some good points. However, I still believe that there was reason to think that the Pokemon Trainer would return. Let me try explaining this from a different perspective.

Now, as you've made quite clear, Charizard is the most popular and most promoted starter of the original three. The Origins special and the two mega evolutions prove that, naturally. However, I believe it's worth mentioning that Charizard has always been in that position. He's always been the most popular of the three, and has always received bits of special treatment from Game Freak because of this, even before X and Y introduced Mega Evolutions and all that. The reason I bring this up is because I've noticed you haven't really addressed one thing in particular; why was the Trainer added into Brawl in the first place? Why was such a difficult to develop character even considered for the roster, and why did such a concept even make it into the final product? Given Charizard's status as the most popular Pokemon of all time, him getting in solo then wouldn't be much stranger than it would have been now; if any of the three starters got in alone, it would have been Charizard. Despite that, the Trainer, along with Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard, made it into the roster together. Notably, Charizard was the starter to get in fully evolved, which reflected his status as the favorite of fans and Game Freak, while the others got their earlier evolutionary stages. After all that, then came along X and Y, where Charizard got quite a bit of goodies just for him, like the two Mega Evolutions and being the starter of choice of the Origins special. However, the other starters, and their evolutionary families, weren't exactly left behind to rot. It wasn't like with the Hoenn starters where Blaziken was put in the spotlight and the other two were completely left out of the picture. The Squirtle and Bulbasaur families were both available in X and Y as well, and both those families received mega evolutions as well (naturally, it wasn't Squirtle and Ivysaur who got mega evolutions, but the attention given to their families is still present). To a good number of people, what was going on with the starters in X and Y was just a continuation of what we've been seeing for so long; the original starters being treated well while Charizard, the fan favorite, gets special treatment. This is how it's always been, and how it was in Brawl as well; Charizard was the one who was playable in its fully evolved stage while the other two starters got lesser forms. From that perspective, there wasn't much reason for the Trainer as a whole to be cut aside from developmental issues, which didn't keep him out of Brawl, even though it very well could have.

That's how I viewed the situation prior to the Direct. Go ahead and say that I'm using fallacious reasoning that's too ambiguous and isn't actual evidence, I guess. I just feel that there was reason to think that the Pokemon Trainer could have returned, and that you shouldn't declare all of us who thought he would return to be incompetent and illogical in hindsight.
Hence the disclaimer; I was aware of how contentious the post was, so I had to throw that in there so you wouldn't take it the wrong way.

I didn't assert that they were incompetent, I was merely stating that they were ignoring the more logical perspective as a result of confirmation bias.

There was reason to believe that he would return, I have admitted that since the beginning. It was just more logical to reason that he wasn't going to return by a preponderance of the evidence. It wasn't as blatantly obvious as I made it out to be during the time, I am just doing that in hind-sight.

I feel as though the Trainer was there to unify the 3 Pokemon; an explanation as to how they are "transforming." He didn't really need one with Sheik. It was magic, she does it in her game. He used the Final Smash for Zero-Suit. So he needed something to attribute to the Pokemon that they shared, a trainer.

So you are stating that Sakurai wouldn't have put the effort into Pokemon Trainer initially if he didn't find it valuable. That is a different angle, I have honestly never heard that one before. It is actually a REALLY good point too. I suppose it wouldn't have changed anything from my perspective as Sakurai stated that we were going to endure omissions. Pokemon Trainer, no matter how you slice it, was the most easy to cut. It was practical to cut him so he didn't have to cut multiple characters, and it was practical as he was by far the most difficult. But I will give you that one, it would have been rational to believe that all of the effort was not in vain.

I was using "ambiguous" to refer to the evidence that could apply to the other side. It makes the argument negligible. I am not proclaiming this in hind-sight though, I have been spouting my propaganda for months. It was the first "debate" I got into on Smashboards. Trust me, I have been using the same arguments for almost a year now. It certainly isn't a hind-sight deal.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Hence the disclaimer; I was aware of how contentious the post was, so I had to throw that in there so you wouldn't take it the wrong way.

I didn't assert that they were incompetent, I was merely stating that they were ignoring the more logical perspective as a result of confirmation bias.

There was reason to believe that he would return, I have admitted that since the beginning. It was just more logical to reason that he wasn't going to return by a preponderance of the evidence. It wasn't as blatantly obvious as I made it out to be during the time, I am just doing that in hind-sight.

I feel as though the Trainer was there to unify the 3 Pokemon; an explanation as to how they are "transforming." He didn't really need one with Sheik. It was magic, she does it in her game. He used the Final Smash for Zero-Suit. So he needed something to attribute to the Pokemon that they shared, a trainer.

So you are stating that Sakurai wouldn't have put the effort into Pokemon Trainer initially if he didn't find it valuable. That is a different angle, I have honestly never heard that one before. It is actually a REALLY good point too. I suppose it wouldn't have changed anything from my perspective as Sakurai stated that we were going to endure omissions. Pokemon Trainer, no matter how you slice it, was the most easy to cut. It was practical to cut him so he didn't have to cut multiple characters, and it was practical as he was by far the most difficult. But I will give you that one, it would have been rational to believe that all of the effort was not in vain.

I was using "ambiguous" to refer to the evidence that could apply to the other side. It makes the argument negligible. I am not proclaiming this in hind-sight though, I have been spouting my propaganda for months. It was the first "debate" I got into on Smashboards. Trust me, I have been using the same arguments for almost a year now. It certainly isn't a hind-sight deal.
Honestly, it surprises me that you've never heard that argument before. I thought it would have been inherently obvious, especially for such a complex character like the Trainer. Characters aren't just chosen and then instantly put into the game without thought, after all. Sakurai obviously must of thought that the idea of the Pokemon Trainer was worth all the effort it must have took to implement, otherwise, he wouldn't have gone through with it in the first place, especially when he could have easily added in Charizard solo to begin with. My line of thinking was that if Sakurai really did think that such an idea was worth having, he'd want to keep it, and could find a way to fix the problems it had. Your line of thinking was that a character like the Pokemon Trainer would be ideal for cutting out due to the complexity of the character and the popularity of one individual character over the other two present in the Trainer. I think that reasoning is valid, and obviously it held up. All I wanted to say was that I think there was valid reasoning for the Pokemon Trainers return as well. And apparently, I was able to provide a bit of logic that was new to you. So, I suppose I've done well enough, in that regard.

Last edited:

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Ness reveal in a few hours for a belated Mother's Day. I'm calling it now.

Come on, Sakurai, you know how badly you want to do a pun based reveal!

Morbi

Scavenger
Do you think we'll see next veteran's reveal this Thursday? Ya know, Marth-esque reveal.
Yes, it is going to happen sooner than later. So why not this week, if they don't reveal one this week, they might as well just wait for E3 at that point. I suppose next week isn't entirely out of the realm of possibility.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Yes, it is going to happen sooner than later. So why not this week, if they don't reveal one this week, they might as well just wait for E3 at that point. I suppose next week isn't entirely out of the realm of possibility.
Yes I feel like we'll see one this week but next week is still a possibility because it's still within 46 days before when the longest drought record will be broken again.

In case anyone didn't know why I called it a "Marth-esque" reveal... it's for its randomness (see, there are no more appropriate Japan releases/anniversaries any sooner), 37 days, and on Thursdays. x3 combo! Surprise!

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
Well, here's hoping for a random reveal the following days/weeks then... or then it indeed will be Wario for MK8, even if I didn't (and still kind of don't) see it happening.

...or I guess a(nother) likely situation: nothing before E3.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Im going with either wario or nobody for the release of mario kart 8 (probably a mario kart 8 stage for the wii u version since 3ds got a mario kart stage already)

And for E3 i am 90% sure ridley and pac-man going for that but atleast 3 characters at E3

(In my opinion E3 is going to show the rest of the starters and a 1 between 3 acceptions ) (acceptions meaning unlockable characters)

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
It can really just be nothing until E3. We'll get a lot of info and gameplay. I'll be fine with it, just show us a new stage, some assists and maybe detail some moves.

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
I suggest sakurai should show us all the items one by one, if their tournament is going to be played with items..... and stages, but I can see why he would hide some stages, because then people might think that series will have a playable character, same reason would go for assist trophies. He doesn't want to hint any characters im assuming.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I suggest sakurai should show us all the items one by one, if their tournament is going to be played with items..... and stages, but I can see why he would hide some stages, because then people might think that series will have a playable character, same reason would go for assist trophies. He doesn't want to hint any characters im assuming.
I don't think he cares, he loves to taunt us. Considering it took 7 months to reveal Little Mac after showing his stage, he has no problem let us stew in our juices.

At the very least he could show stages/assist trophies for series that don't have any shown yet like Kirby or Donkey Kong.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The thread's title should be really be updated/changed.

Anyway, I think it's unlikely that we'll see nothing new character-wise until E3, but it's a possibility, unfortunately.

ppbto

Smash Journeyman
I think this month we'll get at very least a random veteran reveal. I'm also expecting Wario for the Mario kart 8 release.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Has anyone else noticed that this is the third week in a row that we've had a character de-confirmation by trophy? First Dillon, then Wonder Red, and now Brittany. Is it possible that we could see trophy de-confirmations become a weekly thing now?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Has anyone else noticed that this is the third week in a row that we've had a character de-confirmation by trophy? First Dillon, then Wonder Red, and now Brittany. Is it possible that we could see trophy de-confirmations become a weekly thing now?
Moar deconfirmations. I'm mainly waiting for the ones people overrate their chances with.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Moar deconfirmations. I'm mainly waiting for the ones people overrate their chances with.
More characters like Dillon and Wonder Red?

Better get the world's smallest violin ready then, we'll need some appropriate background music for the coming weeks.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
In case anybody is wondering, I am the one who changed the title. Seemed like a change was in order and I figured it wouldn't hurt.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Sceptile would solve so many disputes with a trophy
Kind of a pity, though. If the remakes have no impact on the game, he probably won't get any trophy. So we'll more than likely not know of his fate until the game comes out, or if he's actually revealed.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Were more likely to get a Blaziken trophy than a Sceptile one, but that isn't saying much.
If we do get a Blaziken trophy revealed, I get the feeling people will start going crazy over it, as it would be "evidence" that the Hoenn remakes have an impact on this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom