• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How can we predict reveals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
NES remix is coming the 24th of this month in Japan, maybe a possible time to show off Ice Climbers since they are in NES Remix 1

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
We already got FIVE characters revealed this month alone so revealing more would just be over spoiling if you ask me.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Well Dedede was revealed the day before KIrby Triple Deluxe's release. So maybe the Friday before or the Monday after Mother's Day?

We also have Earth Day. heheh
Yeah, it's just bound to happen. :troll:

NES remix is coming the 24th of this month in Japan, maybe a possible time to show off Ice Climbers since they are in NES Remix 1
I don't see it happening, we are definitely getting something that doesn't correlate with the release dates.

patrickthekid

Smash Cadet
There's also the possibility of Meta Knight in the NA release of Kirby Triple Deluxe, though it's not likely due to the lack of NA reveals besides Diddy.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
There's also the possibility of Meta Knight in the NA release of Kirby Triple Deluxe, though it's not likely due to the lack of NA reveals besides Diddy.
I find the fact that Dedede was revealed for the Japanese release of the same game to be a sign that Meta Knight will not be revealed like that.

I personally think he's either showing up at E3 or he's an unlockable character.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Sakurai already said that every new-comers will get trailers so Little Mac had to be revealed on a fixed date where Nintendo Direct presented. DKCTF's JP date happen to be on that same day so Diddy's reveal was announced later on DKCTF's NA/EU date. It's pretty rare and I couldn't see it happening ever again with next character reveals...

Last edited:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
So we'll see if we get Ice CLimbers Thursday. If not, I won't be too upset. But the only one I feel confident about is Wario for Mario Kart 8.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I wouldn't expect Icies on Thursday- we got 5 characters this month already. Even if you take two of them and apply them to March, we're still one character over the expected two per month already.

Staarih

Smash Master
Here's hoping for Ice Climbers, I'd like to be surprised! Though the Direct was only a few weeks ago so it might be too soon for yet another reveal. I reckon we have to wait until next month for a character unless this week surprises us.

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
Any thoughts on the very-likely-to-happen Direct in May? Will it be a general Direct, or a Mario Kart 8 Direct?

If it's a general worldwide Direct I can see getting a newcomer who isn't quite well-known enough for E3, like Chrom, Shulk, or Palutena (though she's gained tremendously in mindshare over the past few months, as far as the internet fanbase goes at least).

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Any thoughts on the very-likely-to-happen Direct in May? Will it be a general Direct, or a Mario Kart 8 Direct?

If it's a general worldwide Direct I can see getting a newcomer who isn't quite well-known enough for E3, like Chrom, Shulk, or Palutena (though she's gained tremendously in mindshare over the past few months, as far as the internet fanbase goes at least).
I doubt we'll see a Direct in May. I think it's too close to E3. I assume that's why we got a Smash Bros specific one for April.

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
I doubt we'll see a Direct in May. I think it's too close to E3. I assume that's why we got a Smash Bros specific one for April.
It would just seem weird to not have a Direct hyping us for E3. That, and the latest game in a hugely high selling franchise (Mario Kart 8) comes out at the end of May, and they'll want to hype it...would also be weird not to showcase MK8 one last time in a Direct before it releases.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
It would just seem weird to not have a Direct hyping us for E3. That, and the latest game in a hugely high selling franchise (Mario Kart 8) comes out at the end of May, and they'll want to hype it...would also be weird not to showcase MK8 one last time in a Direct before it releases.
Maybe a Mario Kart 8 specific Direct then. But that won't have anything Smash Bros related attached to it.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I think E3 might be the equivalent of the Smash Direct. Maybe not so much the length, but characters? I'd put some sort of bet on it. E3 is the last major chance they have to push this game, so we'll probably get 2-3 newcomers (I'm guessing 3) and then I would assume a few more vets. The question is, who gets revealed as far as veterans?

My guesses are:
Snake (if he's in. If he isn't revealed, he's gone)
Captain Falcon
Ganondorf if he's been reworked
Meta Knight
Mewtwo

Not necessarily all of them at once, but I'm expecting at least one of them. I'm convinced we'll get Wario for Mario Kart, but I'm not sure if we're getting anybody else this month. I know I was ******** last month, but I can deal without getting anybody this month.

Not to mention, we COULD get 2 vets next month. There's even more possibilities!

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I say no more characters this month and no newcomers until E3 (but I can see some veteran reveals in May). Also think there could be another Smash Direct some time after the 3DS game is out but before the Wii U game is out. In that Direct I see it only focusing on the Wii U version.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
It ultimately means nothing, but with Kirby Triple Deluxe finally having a US release soon, maybe throw us a bone in the form of the ever so overpowered meta knight?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I think the E3 newcomers will be for the term end with a bang (before the 3ds release)

So if we are wrong about ridley being a boss he will be shown

Mewtwo would bring the most hype

Pac-man only because of a game with mario sonic megaman and pac-man

But we could get anyone for E3 overall due to greninja and wii fit trainer

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
I find the fact that Dedede was revealed for the Japanese release of the same game to be a sign that Meta Knight will not be revealed like that.

I personally think he's either showing up at E3 or he's an unlockable character.
Personally I think whatever his hinting @ newcomer or returning char means those char will be unlockables.

So the 4 Trophy Quiz for example, all those 4 char won't be revealed @ e3 instead they will unlockables after u get the game to find out.

Another is Mr. Saturn pic of the day hinting at ness coming back which could also go into the unlockables category.

Because so far the hinted char has not been revealed except little mac...... which now I just broke my own theory. Great....

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Personally I think whatever his hinting @ newcomer or returning char means those char will be unlockables.

So the 4 Trophy Quiz for example, all those 4 char won't be revealed @ e3 instead they will unlockables after u get the game to find out.

Another is Mr. Saturn pic of the day hinting at ness coming back which could also go into the unlockables category.

Because so far the hinted char has not been revealed except little mac...... which now I just broke my own theory. Great....
Ridley is one of the hinted at the trophy quiz due to the song but unlike that he can get a special case since he's the most requested (besides mewtwo) and that would make smash 4 almost impossible to resist if ridley is confirmed before the release (mewtwo as well)

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Hmm, part of me thinks character reveals will be stepped up because the game is coming out soon. But another part thinks we won't get one for a while because of these last 5 reveals.

I still think Ice Climbers are possible as a reveal tomorrow, but I don't know if Sakurai would reveal a character for an eShop game. It does seem like the best time for their reveal, unless Sakurai wants to pull a Yoshi and reveal them during a Direct or something. They haven't been unlockables, so I suspect they won't be this time either.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Uh. So the all the Challenger Approaching banners have disappeared..

HeroG

Smash Apprentice
Has anyone else notice that the newcomers alternate between Blue and Green as there main color.
Villager-Green (first shown newcomer)
MegaMan-Blue
Wii Fit-Light Green (for Wii Fit I guess)
Rosalina- Teal or Light Blue
Little Mac- Dark Green.
So maybe we will get a blue based person next? (I'm not counting on it)
But if Green Is Every other color then We could get something like this:
Crom/Lucina (Blue)
K. Rool (Green)
Krystal (Blue-meh chances)
Palutena (Green)
Water Type Pokemon (Blue)
Grass Type Pokemon (Green)
Issac (Yellow)
Lyn (Green, but very unLikely )
Ridley (Purple)
Shulk (Red for Stop)
or something like that lol.
:happysheep:
Ok so going of of my previous Color post I think the Next Newcomer Is going to be Palutena And she would be A Green Newcomer based off the patern. Then maybe a Fire Emblem Blue Character (Chrom Lucina)

Staarih

Smash Master
I still think Ice Climbers are possible as a reveal tomorrow, but I don't know if Sakurai would reveal a character for an eShop game.
Apparently Japan gets a physical retail version of NES Remix 1 + 2 on the 24th (as in today), so that breaks away from being just an eShop game at least a bit. But it's still best to keep expectations low haha, we've been through this many times already...

Last edited:

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
As for Meta Knight on the American release of Kirby Triple Deluxe, isn't that during Golden Week? We may not even get updates.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I don't think it's too much of a stretch to propose that we won't see another character update until E3, especially given how we got a glut after over a month long drought before and with E3 being as close as it is now to begin with.

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
Lets say there's 45 (im going in between 40-50)

29 shown to us already. iirc every ssb had 12-16 unlockables. (excluding n64)

29+12 unlockables (going with the least)= 41
45 total - 41 = 4 characters (around there) left to be shown to us. Those 4 characters are the ones that are probably going to make us buy the game.

so within 1-2 months I think 4 characters will be shown that will bring huge hype! 2 maybe through e3. and the other 2 in may.

Last edited:

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
@ e3 I think they are going to show more likely

1. A Zelda char - cuz were most likely getting extra info on Zelda Wii u @ e3 2014

2. Xenoblade char -"cuz were most likely getting extra info on X" from monolith soft @ e3 2014

HeroG

Smash Apprentice
@ e3 I think they are going to show more likely

1. A Zelda char - cuz were most likely getting extra info on Zelda Wii u @ e3 2014

2. Xenoblade char -"cuz were most likely getting extra info on X" from monolith soft @ e3 2014
And hopefully that Fire Emblem X SMT Crossover

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
And hopefully that Fire Emblem X SMT Crossover
Makes a lot of sense and didn't he reveal 3 characters @ e3 2013.

so ye fire emblem being the third. Very possible it could go like that.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
I think they need to go out much more than that for E3. Mostly because that could be the last time we get info on the game before the 3DS version is out, and we know the rosters are the same in both versions.
I'm assuming it will probably come out in August, and that's just two months after E3, so unless they hold another Smash direct in July devoted to showing off all the newcomer videos, then E3 is that one time by which we'll need have the roster.

So I imagine E3 is the time in which we'll get the Mewtwo/Ridley/K.Rool/Palutena/Pac-Man/Chrom/Shulk/Mii type characters that are highly expected and would draw a lot of attention. And if Snake really is in the game, E3 is probably his last shot.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Pretty much what @ Glaciacott Glaciacott said. If the last Direct is anything to go off of, Sakurai is stirring up a perfect storm. There were undeniable hints for Palutena, Ridley, K. Rool, Chrom, and others; a teaser trailer of sorts for whats to come if you will.

I imagine it'll be like the trailer for Brawl when there were several newcomers in one go unlike the one-at-a-time formula that has been used so far (barring last E3 of course, only this time even bigger).

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
So tomorrow is Mr. Game and Watch's 34th anniversary. Just throwin' that out there.

Staarih

Smash Master
^ That and 34th anniversary is a pretty weird number to celebrate anyway, not to mention Mr. G&W is most definitely one of those secret characters who will most likely not be shown before release.

Anyway, many expect MetaKnight soon but I don't think it'll happen. I do think May might give us someone though, but most likely a random reveal (or Wario for MK8?).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom