• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
There's literally no Xenoblade content in the game yet, and I wonder why that is. There's a Rhythm Heaven enemy, which was already surprising, but like, no Mechons, or anything? D:<
Oh, there IS Xenoblade content in the game, we just haven't seen it yet. ;)
the biggest thing to me that is 100:% proof of shulk being in is as said the lack of any xenoblade news I mean RH has the sneaky sprits but it is not on the same level of popularity as Xenoblade is
As I've said before, the difference between Xenoblade and Rhythm Heaven is in the genres of games. RH has no central character, so it could very well be represented by an enemy or item without needing a playable character.

Basically, with Rhythm Heaven, it could be a few enemies and items, and even a stage here and there, but with Xenoblade, it's difficult to imagine it getting some enemies or an item without Shulk. And Sakurai knows this, hence, we have yet to see whatever XC content is in.

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman
Even that arguments invalid. "Haven't seen anything Xenoblade related" is in fact a good thing. I feel like if Shulk wasn't in, we'd know by now. We've literally destroyed every argument against Shulk and are just waiting for the inevitable reveal.
now watch him get AT'd tomorrow

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
Oh, there IS Xenoblade content in the game, we just haven't seen it yet. ;)

As I've said before, the difference between Xenoblade and Rhythm Heaven is in the genres of games. RH has no central character, so it could very well be represented by an enemy or item without needing a playable character.

Basically, with Rhythm Heaven, it could be a few enemies and items, and even a stage here and there, but with Xenoblade, it's difficult to imagine it getting some enemies or an item without Shulk. And Sakurai knows this, hence, we have yet to see whatever XC content is in.
Exactly Sakurai knows how huge the xenoblade fanbase is (thanks to Project Rainfall) and he knows people would be really pissed if a xenoblade enemy or item or stage got in but not shulk so he is holding all the xenoblade content back till shulk is confirmed

TheFearsomeRyan

Smash Journeyman
yeah it's like pac man, we saw nothing referring to him before he was announced and now we have him, two stages, and possibly the ghosts as on assist trophy.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
we shulk fans might be patience but even we have our limits sakurai come on already if shulk is not the next character announced I'll be convinced he's a hidden

TheFearsomeRyan

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of the special flag it's finally been fully explained. No character deconfirmation today.

Last edited:

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292

If this is not Bionis Leg what is it? I don't mean this to be rhetorical even though it sounds like it. Is it from Kid Icarus or something?

-

Alternative topic:
I was thinking of making a Xenoblade themed competitive team, but I got carried away with the names.

> Shulkle (Shuckle), Bashulkin (Basculin), Shulkarona (Volcarona), Abshulk (Absol)
> Dunbanette (Banette), Duntank (Skuntank), Dunblade (Doublade)
> Melietta (Meloetta), Charmelia (Charmeleon), Cressmelia (Cresselia), Melialisk/Meliaptile (Heliolisk/Helioptile), Melibird (Delibird), Kirmelia (Kirlia)
> Sharpedla (Sharpedo), Sharlazard (Charizard), Sharlie (Starmie)
> Reynperior (Rhyperior), Reyndon (you just got Reyn'd on), Reynquaza (Rayquaza)
> Rikichu (Pikachu), Raiki (Raikou)
> Phionra (Phione)
> Magumkharp (Magikarp)
> Xenoublade (Doublade)
> Zanzoose (Zangoose), Zanzagoon (Zigzagoon)
> Caterpile (Caterpie)
> Monado (shiny Honedge and evolutions)

Now I have more options for my team though. I was thinking RU.

T.R "River"

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hidanclub
3DS FC
4382-2201-8687
Wow, I honestly love the Special Flag. I might start playing serious matches with Special Flags on Low with all other items off. Adds a new level of depth to matches.

If this is not Bionis Leg what is it? I don't mean this to be rhetorical even though it sounds like it. Is it from Kid Icarus or something?

-

Alternative topic:
I was thinking of making a Xenoblade themed competitive team, but I got carried away with the names.

> Shulkle (Shuckle), Bashulkin (Basculin), Shulkarona (Volcarona), Abshulk (Absol)
> Dunbanette (Banette), Duntank (S****ank), Dunblade (Doublade)
> Melietta (Meloetta), Charmelia (Charmeleon), Cressmelia (Cresselia), Melialisk/Meliaptile (Heliolisk/Helioptile), Melibird (Delibird), Kirmelia (Kirlia)
> Reynperior (Rhyperior), Reyndon (you just got Reyn'd on), Reynquaza (Rayquaza)
> Phionra (Phione)
> Magumkharp (Magikarp)
> Xenoublade (Doublade)
> Caterpile (Caterpie)

I now have a reason to go back to Pokemon Y 0-0

Last edited by a moderator:

TheFearsomeRyan

Smash Journeyman

-

Alternative topic:

> Phionra (Phione)
> Magumkharp (Magikarp)
> Xenoublade (Doublade)
> Caterpile (Caterpie)

I believe that's an area in Smash Run. Nice team btw

Last edited:

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842

-

Alternative topic:

> Phionra (Phione)
> Magumkharp (Magikarp)
> Xenoublade (Doublade)
> Caterpile (Caterpie)

only other thing besides for that nintendo wise I can think of is one of the routes in pokemon x and y

Noiblade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
47keyblader

-

Alternative topic:

> Phionra (Phione)
> Magumkharp (Magikarp)
> Xenoublade (Doublade)
> Caterpile (Caterpie)

While we're on the topic of Smash Run, Maybe it's just because I think i've saw or thought I saw a mech in Smash Run, but is it just me or do the Mechon like REALLY fit/blend well with in Smash Run?

Also, I have to go re-name my Shiny Honedge.

DuwangAnon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0516-7668-7793

-

Alternative topic:

> Phionra (Phione)
> Magumkharp (Magikarp)
> Xenoublade (Doublade)
> Caterpile (Caterpie)

You could use Sharla's Japanese name, Carna, for some more.
Carnavanah, Carna-vine.

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172

-

Alternative topic:

> Phionra (Phione)
> Magumkharp (Magikarp)
> Xenoublade (Doublade)
> Caterpile (Caterpie)

I've been thinking of doing something like this for a Pokémon team. Not just for the name puns, but maybe there would be elements of some Pokémon that'd fittingly represent a character. Even if the team had no synergy whatsoever, it'd be fun.

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee

-

Alternative topic:

> Phionra (Phione)
> Magumkharp (Magikarp)
> Xenoublade (Doublade)
> Caterpile (Caterpie)

I call my Mega Agron Metal Face xp, plus Mega Tyranitar & Gallade resemble the Bionis imo

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
I call my Mega Agron Metal Face xp, plus Mega Tyranitar & Gallade resemble the Bionis imo
Mine's called Metal Face too! Almost called my Heal Pulse Clawitzer that accompanied it Sharla/Gadolt. Instead went with a Pikmin reference.

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
1. Why am I here this early
2. Aren't we getting a little off-topic here
Aren't we always?

We aren't too far off-topic, I think. We were talking Smash Run a couple comments prior. For which I'll say, yes, fairly sure it's generic Smash Run area.

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
Well, considering our excruciating amount of topics to discuss, here's an idea. How do people feel about having one of Shulk's costumes where he wields the Junk Sword?

ThatLunaticFeline

Smash Journeyman
Well, considering our excruciating amount of topics to discuss, here's an idea. How do people feel about having one of Shulk's costumes where he wields the Junk Sword?
The idea is cool, but I only think we'll see the Monado as his weapon, else you're not going to see any Monado Arts as his Specials.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Not the Junk Sword, but I'd love to see a few costumes where he wields the...
Replica Monados.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
At this point were all just recycling conversation, I posted this moveset back before the MonadoMonday kicked in, and I would like some opinions now that we have more than 400 supporters to look at it:
I'm not sure I enjoy the Monado Arts giving straight buffs. Seems like a boring implementation. I also feel like if you are choosing between 4 or 5 "super moves" then at least one should help his recovery. His nuetral special should be battle soul if he doesn't have a full gauge. Taking damage in order to build up the gauge seems like a nice strategic trade off.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
How would Battle Soul work, it literally halves the damage of Shulk's HP, in which the mechanic doesn't translate well in Smash. Will there be a set self-percentage like maybe 50% or will he get double the percentage he currently has?

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
How would Battle Soul work, it literally halves the damage of Shulk's HP, in which the mechanic doesn't translate well in Smash. Will there be a set self-percentage like maybe 50% or will he get double the percentage he currently has?
I woulf not think it'd do 50% I think it'd be somewhere betweeen 15-25%

ThatLunaticFeline

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I don't see an ability that hurts the user getting into the game. Not after Pichu and the immense failure it was.

yoonb

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I don't see an ability that hurts the user getting into the game. Not after Pichu and the immense failure it was.
Pichu was meant to be trash, though. Literally a joke character.

We had Roy and Ike who could damage themselves, as well.

Marshmallow Samurai could easily give us Battle Soul and Light Heal. unlikely, but not out of the picture?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom