• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Melia would work well, and already has a Final Smash like move, Mind Blast. I would also love to see her trip to knock away enemies.
That would be a good consolation for Melia, you know considering....

Seriously though, she would be interesting...as long as she wouldn't be a zelda clone or something like that.

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
Melia would work well, and already has a Final Smash like move, Mind Blast. I would also love to see her trip to knock away enemies.
No way, her FS would be Starlight Kick. *Activates FS* "Now! Starlight Kick!" *Runs forward, jump kicks, lands flat on her ass, everyone on the stage gets sent flying off*

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I think it'd be Melia. Although her playstyle could be seen as similar to Robin's magic use, she's still got some unique ideas.

Otherwise, Riki. He'd be like Pichu in terms of hurtbox and weight, but not ****.
Riki or 7, for sure.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Which Xenoblade character who is very unlikely would you want in Smash? I'm gonna go with Reyn. It's a shame he isn't more popular in Japan.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
If there are two Xenoblade reps, both could share the Chain Attack Final Smash by using different party members. Two playable with two different teammates plus one Assist would equal all party members being in the game.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
I dunno, I don't think XCX would get the Roy treatment. Roy was the main character of the next game, so there's that. But the main character in XCX is completely customizable. I know there's Robin, but there was a lot more time to consider a moveset for Robin, and the MC of X can supposedly use most if not all weapon types. Robin could use other weapon types through class changes- heck, he shouldn't even be able to use Nosferatu in his Smash form, but he was most notable for tomes, he started the game with them in fact. But I'm rambling at this point.
I mean, it's possible, but I don't see it happening, and if we get another Xenoblade rep, I can only see it being someone from Xenoblade. Most probably Riki.
I don't think it's likely, but it's possible. Remember, X was delayed, it was supposed to come out this year, meaning the characters have likely been finished for a while. Also, they could take Elma over the main guy, depending on how important she is to the story. Remember, Chrom would have gotten in over Robin if Sakurai didn't think he was too generic. Elma (probably, we don't know what moves she has yet) doesn't have that problem.

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman
Which Xenoblade character who is very unlikely would you want in Smash? I'm gonna go with Reyn. It's a shame he isn't more popular in Japan.
I'd go with Reyn, yeah. I've no idea if the battle quotes are any different in the Japanese version, but maybe they don't have the pleasure of being exposed to Reyn Time.

ThatLunaticFeline

Smash Journeyman
Heropon Volleyball! He falls from the sky and you can aim him to bounce him off the faces of all the fighters :)
I could see that working as a down special, sort of like Diddy Kong's side-B, except you knock them back a little and can chain it. That would be pretty sweet imo.

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
I could see that working as a down special, sort of like Diddy Kong's side-B, except you knock them back a little and can chain it. That would be pretty sweet imo.
That would actually be pretty sweet.

Final Smash version of it where ALL the Nopon fall from the sky and do it? :troll:

Rikobomo

Smash Apprentice
Goddamit. It's tough being a Xenoblade fan and a Shulk supporter because you never get a bone thrown your way. If you're a fan of Pokemon, Mario, Zelda, or any of the more popular franchise you're all set to have a whale of a time; much of the PotD's, newcomer intro's, Smash information will be surprises and stuff aimed at you, but if you're primarily a Xenoblade fan? It gets boring, fast, to the point where it's almost unfair.

And it's not exclusive to Smash, either, but Nintendo in general. No cool Xenoblade trivia Twitter tweets from Nintendo, no Xenoblade Facebook posts by Nintendo, no references, no mentions or random shoutouts to Xenoblade by Nintendo. Nothing at all. Just more emphasis on Mario, Pokemon, Zelda, and Fire Emblem, or any of their more popular franchises.

Last edited:

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Goddamit. It's tough being a Xenoblade fan and a Shulk supporter because you never get a bone thrown your way. If you're a fan of Pokemon, Mario, Zelda, or any of the more popular franchise you're all set to have a whale of a time; much of the PotD's, newcomer intro's, Smash information will be surprises and stuff aimed at you, but if you're primarily a Xenoblade fan? It gets boring, fast, to the point where it's almost unfair.

And it's not exclusive to Smash, either, but Nintendo in general. No cool Xenoblade trivia Twitter tweets from Nintendo, no Xenoblade Facebook posts by Nintendo, no references, no mentions or random shoutouts to Xenoblade by Nintendo. Nothing at all. Just more emphasis on Mario, Pokemon, and Zelda.
At least we got that 3DS puzzle.
I think we should be getting a Direct or stream soon. CoroCoro had very little and the 3DS Japanese release is really close. In about a month's time, we will finally know Shulk's fate...

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
I do wish Sakurai would throw us a bone or something a mechon throy or something

TheFearsomeRyan

Smash Journeyman

And it's not exclusive to Smash, either, but Nintendo in general. No cool Xenoblade trivia Twitter tweets from Nintendo, no Xenoblade Facebook posts by Nintendo, no references, no mentions or random shoutouts to Xenoblade by Nintendo. Nothing at all. Just more emphasis on Mario, Pokemon, Zelda, and Fire Emblem, or any of their more popular franchises.
yeah it's unfortunate. Hopefully X will change things for us and Xenoblade will get the respect it deserves.

j͕̝ͧ͛́u̲̯̥̲̯̜̯̇ͪ͐ͭ̀ͤs̻̥̗̞̬̬̅̆ͬͮ̽͗ͩ̋̈́t͎͙͚̝̥̓ͬ ̩̮̳ͬ̀͗̅͊g͙͙͉̥̲̹͈ͦ̽̔i̫̤͍̲̟̲͔̓̉ͅv̲͖̜͕̪͚͉̬̲̓̎̐̀̉̽̚ḛ͖̘̇ͥ̅̈͗͛ͅ ̤̘̰̣͖͆̌̎̆u̱̣̐̅ͬs̝̱ͧ͆̓̍͌ ͎̳ͪ͑̈́͆͐̇͋ͩ͐S͇͈͈͕̓̉̓̓ͬh̙̳̯̾͊ṷ̀̿͒̂̃͗l̞͙͉̺ͯͯͮk͎̭̲̗̦̠̙̘̊̑͗̈́̋̔,̼̹̱̲ͯͪ͊͂̓͂̔̿ͅ ͍͚̫̭͉̭ͩ̑ͧͬ̍S͖͙̘͓̀̃͛ͥ̄ͫ̇a͖̜͉̝̗̭̓ͧͫ͐̈́ͬ͆̐̚ͅk̗͕̝͊ͧ́ͪͤͫ̅̌ṳ̝͚͍͈͇̙̅̎r̜̘̱̀͐̏ả͇̝̜̫̭͚ͬ͗̃̈́ͣ͆ͅì̫̜̖̝͛͆ͅ

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Xenoblade might get a bit more respect if it wasn't so damn expensive. :mad:
Got mine for $40 last Black Friday :awesome:

which, I'm kinda hoping the Wii U release being the Friday before Black Friday rumor is true. (even if I don't have a Wii U yet and probably won't for a while ;; )

Mega Hawlucha

Smash Apprentice
I don't have a problem finding a cheap-ish copy. It's finding a legit cheap PAL copy that's ridiculous.

That said, going to grab it when I get X and never leave my room ever again and hiss at the sun whenever it offers me an alternative.

Last edited:

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
I don't have a problem finding a cheap-ish copy. It's finding a legit cheap PAL copy that's ridiculous.

That said, going to grab it when I get X and never leave my room ever again and hiss at the sun whenever it offers me an alternative.
Yeah they are extremely rare nowadays in the Pal region, I was extremely lucky I found my copy on a Belgium online store, that turned out to be the last copy they had. I never saw them used in our Gamestore that can be seen as the Gamestop off Belgium & the Netherlands

...The last Pal copy of Xenoblade is in captivity, RawstyleEevee is in peace xD

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
Hopefully this time with there won't be a lack of supplies. Considering the size of the game, it might not be downloadable unless you're willing to give up other games at the time.

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
Hopefully this time with there won't be a lack of supplies. Considering the size of the game, it might not be downloadable unless you're willing to give up other games at the time.
Well most RPG's are hard to find anyway after release, Bravely default & Awakening for example also is starting to become hard to find arround here, so its better to get it on release

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146

I'm a MOTHER fan too, how do you think I feel?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Just finished updating the OP with about thirty pages of content, probably for the penultimate time before release.

We're now over 500 Kutthroats, going up by nearly 100 supporters since late-ish July when I last added to the list.

This is our Finest Hour (so far)!
Welp.. there's no chance we'll be able to win out unless we spread more to other websites. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom