• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Welp.. there's no chance we'll be able to win out unless we spread more to other websites. :cry:
Meh. Our point has been proven. We managed to get A LOT of supporters in a really short time, while that thread has been highly active for a long while.

I'm really glad that "popularity" and "niche" aren't even close to being arguments against Shulk anymore.

TheFearsomeRyan

Smash Journeyman
plus popularity doesn't always have anything to do with it
I'm looking at you, wii fit trainer
disclaimer i luv WFT

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
plus popularity doesn't always have anything to do with it
I'm looking at you, wii fit trainer
disclaimer i luv WFT
Yeah, that's true. For some reason people seem to think that just because they aren't a part of a fanbase, that fanbase is too small or too niche for smash. It's really, really stupid.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Gotta say, if there is one character that I'm sure is in Smash, it's Shulk. It just makes too much sense to not include him. I'd like to think he'll be the next one revealed, but even then if he isn't revealed, he could always be a secret newcomer...

I just hope he's revealed next.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Gotta say, if there is one character that I'm sure is in Smash, it's Shulk. It just makes too much sense to not include him. I'd like to think he'll be the next one revealed, but even then if he isn't revealed, he could always be a secret newcomer...

I just hope he's revealed next.
Yeah. I'm just tired of waiting. Siiiigh.

Could be worse, Ridley fans are just like :glare::glare::glare::glare:

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
This is a really civil thread, which I am happy about. We are all basically waiting for the confirmation, that's how sure everyone is of his chances.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Y'know who I miss?
@MASTERLINKX
His visits were scattered, but upon them we were blessed with wondrous things

y'know who I miss? I miss Neyn. He blessed us with his beautiful face.

HYPE-STILL-LIVES_zps5383abc9.gif

Last edited:

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I'm kind of board from the mayhem to be honest, and I just want answers at this point.
Yeah, I really want those sub-forums. I want to discuss Shulk's actual moveset, instead of speculating what it will be.

TheFearsomeRyan

Smash Journeyman
yeah speculation can only last so long until we've run out of ideas. definitely could use some more to go off of.

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
Heck, I'd even go for another "leak" with another completely out there moveset right now. At least the whole stance thing gave something to analyze and a reason to reflect on and refine our own moveset ideas.

T.R "River"

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hidanclub
3DS FC
4382-2201-8687
If there's one thing I've noticed about character reveals thus far, it's that nobody ever sees it coming (except for maybe the E3 2014 reveal, saw the Miis coming from a mile away) So I feel like it's going to happen when we least expect it.

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
Move along, nothing to see here.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
At this point were all just recycling conversation, I posted this moveset back before the MonadoMonday kicked in, and I would like some opinions now that we have more than 400 supporters to look at it:
I was wondering if you guys fully agree with this moveset, I'll just leave it here as it is, I only focused on the gameplay aspect and picked moves that most likely Sakurai would pick:

SHULK: The Wielder of the Monado

Shulk relies on lots of moves and attacks he has to defeat opponents with his unique Talent Gauge Meter, similar to Little Mac's power meter, only it's used for many, different attacks. His talent gauge on the top left corner of Shulk's percentage bar, as shown below:

This gauge will slowly increase to white as you unleash many attacks to the opponent. It's important to know that you fill this bar so you can get access to even more powerful attacks. Getting hit by the opponent or being KOed does not reset the talent gauge. When the gauge is full, you gain access to the following moves by using the Activate Monado Move:

(Neutral-B) : Cancels out the Talent Move.
(Down-B) :Monado Shield: Gains a temporary 12 second shield that increases Shulk's defense by x 2.0.
(Side-B) : Monado Speed: Increases the speed of Shulk and his agility to roll dodge x2.0 farther with other dodge properties being able to be canceled.
(Up-B): Monado Purge: Is able to hit from a distance and cancel out any defensive properties. (Even for someone that has the Starman) This cannot help him recover however.

His regular Arts are these, these arts have a different charging time and there will be noticable signs when Shulk is ready to unleash the special moves (additional small art icons on top Shulk's percentage bar):
Neutral-B: Activate Monado.
Up-B: Air Slash: Sends Shulk into a slightly but relatively horizontal distance. Not the most useful recovery out of all characters.
Side-B: Shadow Eye: Increases Shulk's damage and turns him invisible.
Down-B: Light Heal: Heals Shulk with 15%.

By learning how to properly use him, players will be rewarded, that is the simple goal really. Try to dodge at the right times, as he is a heavyweight and pretty tall and has a horrible recovery.

Normal Attacks:
Jab: Shulk slashes the opponent from left to right slowly then ends with straightforward hit.
F-Tilt: Shulk unleashes his Slit Edge, which can stun the opponent and lower their defense a bit so you can attack for a combo.
D-Tilt: Shulk gracefully swings his sword to the bottom ground, not the most useful except for a Meteor Smash.
U-Tilt: Shulk air-punches his sword, doesn't do much except cancel small projectiles from above.
Dash: Shulk swiftly swings his sword sideways, can also cancel properties if done right.

Air Attacks:
Neutral Air: Shulk swings his Monado in a 360 turn, it's pretty slow, but relatively powerful.
F-Air: Shulk swings his sword to diagonally that has good KO potential.
B-Air: Shulk swiftly swings his Monado sideways back, slightly low KO potential.
D-Air: Shulk aggressively swings his sword downwards to hit the opponent, great KO potential.
U-Air: Shulk air-pumps his Monado to defend from upcoming projectiles.

Although his throws aren't the best grabs, but they can help you to lead to a combo. In general, all of his throws weak throws.

Smash Attacks:
F-Smash: Shulk activates his Back Slash: if hit from behind the damages increases to x1.5.
U-Smash: Shulk activates his Stream Edge, which springs out a short ranged upward attack to the opponent.
D-Smash: Shulk activates his Shaker Edge, which causes the opponent to trip if hit by it.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
At this point were all just recycling conversation
Yes indeed.
I posted this moveset back before the MonadoMonday kicked in, and I would like some opinions now that we have more than 400 supporters to look at it:
I would love a talent gauge gimmick, stays true to Xenoblade and is very unique. Nice moveset.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
This is one of the characters i want the most to appear in smash, i haven't said much here but i'm a lurking supporter, just hope he somehow gets confirmed.

I just turned on my 3ds and xenoblade chronicles is the new puzzle swap thing, kinda glad its getting more recognition and stuff. So that's what made me post here for once instead of lurking.

Add me to the support list if there is one!

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
This is one of the characters i want the most to appear in smash, i haven't said much here but i'm a lurking supporter, just hope he somehow gets confirmed.

I just turned on my 3ds and xenoblade chronicles is the new puzzle swap thing, kinda glad its getting more recognition and stuff. So that's what made me post here for once instead of lurking.

Add me to the support list if there is one!
...I always had the feeling you liked Shulk, Star... :laugh:

Anyways, Blue, that moveset you posted was kind of what I had in mind, kind of similar moreso to Lucario in PM though.

Noiblade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
47keyblader
Heck, I'd even go for another "leak" with another completely out there moveset right now. At least the whole stance thing gave something to analyze and a reason to reflect on and refine our own moveset ideas.
My dad works for Sakurai's Cat's Grasshopper. He told me that you unlock Shulk by beating Mario, Sheik, and Villager on Final Destination 598 times at midnight. Shulk's moveset is:

All Neutrals are from Little Mac

All specials are from Zelda.

Shulk also transforms into Simon Belmont if you enter the Konami Code.

Ridley is an assist trophy, Roy is a stage hazard on pyrosphere, Ness's recover move is him riding Roy in the air.

Falco is a stage boss on Smash Ville.
You mean like this?

Last edited:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
At this point were all just recycling conversation, I posted this moveset back before the MonadoMonday kicked in, and I would like some opinions now that we have more than 400 supporters to look at it:
In my opinion, it under utilizes the Monado's abilities, especially if the meter takes as long to fill as I'm imagining, but it's still pretty unique idea. If anything I'd just change the specific specials.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
I like it, but personally, I'd swap Cyclone into Up B, Purge into Side B, and I'd remove the refill gauge for the regular arts. 4 refill gauges is a lot to keep track of in a fast paced fighting game.

I'd also switch his regular arts up a bit, since without the recharge time, those would be pretty OP.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
yeah the shulk thread is sort of in a dry spell since as said we talked about shulk to death till we hear new info on shulk or xenoblade in smash it is just kind of slow here

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
Shh, it's okay Shulk, your time will come soon...
it needs to no joke Sakurai has teased about ridley to death I'm not asking for much at least something to confirm he is thinking of xenoblade a mechon trophy or something

T.R "River"

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hidanclub
3DS FC
4382-2201-8687
Guuuuuuuys.....

Smash Run screenshot on the very bottom, in between King Dedede and that weird fire thing.....kinda looks like a mechon 0-0
*Edit* Ok yeah that's Samus, now I see it......damnit is there nothing to tease Shulk?!*

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Guuuuuuuys.....

Smash Run screenshot on the very bottom, in between King Dedede and that weird fire thing.....kinda looks like a mechon 0-0
It kinda looks like a Mechon, but it could be another enemy getting hit that gives the illusion that it's a Mechon. I dunno... it might be Tak from Kirby that you're referring to.

EDIT: Never mind, it's Samus according to the posts below.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
There's literally no Xenoblade content in the game yet, and I wonder why that is. There's a Rhythm Heaven enemy, which was already surprising, but like, no Mechons, or anything? D:<

Guuuuuuuys.....

That's probably just Samus. o.o

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
Guuuuuuuys.....

holy **** it does I do remember some people clammed that they found a mechon trophy during their time with smash run but no one had a photo or video to prove it

Edit: oh no never made it's samaus oh well

Last edited:

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman
Guuuuuuuys.....

Mmm, I dunno, I'm not seeing it. Too blurry to make it out I think.
...If someone were to prove that it were a Mechon with a clean screen shot though, I'll glady be proven wrong and called stupid for not seeing it sooner!
Edit: Samus etc.

Last edited:

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
the biggest thing to me that is 100:% proof of shulk being in is as said the lack of any xenoblade news I mean RH has the sneaky sprits but it is not on the same level of popularity as Xenoblade is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom