• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
despite people saying this weeks gonna be a "disconfirm" week I am positive Bronados are not gonna be harmed nintendo/sakurai would be dumb not to include such a acclaimed game and such a requested one worldwide

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
Im not the one saying that Fire Emblem is not Nintendo enough. Like you did.
When did I ever say that? Now you're just putting words in my mouth. My argument is that if Shulk is too "Anime-ish" for Smash, then what about the Fire emblem characters? THEY obviously aren't too "anime" since we have 4 of them. This is only about the designs. Also, that Marth is "more Nintendo" is not a fact. They are both first-parties.
mom dad stop fighting ;u; :sadsheep:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
despite people saying this weeks gonna be a "disconfirm" week I am positive Bronados are not gonna be harmed nintendo/sakurai would be dumb not to include such a acclaimed game and such a requested one worldwide
I don't get why people think this is gonna be a disconfirmation week based on one PotD, but even if it is, Shulk won't be harmed.

Last edited:

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
I don't get why people think this is gonna be a disconfirmation week based on one PotD, but even if it is, Shulk won't be harmed.
I don't either I think it's just more from shock of Takamaura being disconfirmed because even people who was not super into him wanted to see him as playable so it just caught people off guard at least that's what I think is going on

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
This disconfirmation week is just as valid as that villains trailer and Chunky Kong assist trophy... oh wait.

Also, almost to 300 pages? Can we make it by the end of the night? Probably not, but let's still try my fellow bronados!

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
This disconfirmation week is just as valid as that villains trailer and Chunky Kong assist trophy... oh wait.

Also, almost to 300 pages? Can we make it by the end of the night? Probably not, but let's still try my fellow bronados!
you dare doubt our powers to spam random funny gifs and random topics to get to 300

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Like the others have said, a lot of people know Nintendo's games for their cartoony art style and cutesy characters, when in reality, they have a diverse set of characters appearance-wise. Just scrolling down the Smash Bros. website, Nintendo's characters really are diverse.

But man, after Takamaru being deconfirmed, I'm kind of scared for Shulk and the others now. If he's not in, then I'm really worried about the fate of Xenoblade X. The ambition, production values, graphics, sound, localization, and marketing combined makes it seem like it's the most expensive title Nintendo has ever produced, and they shouldn't miss that opportunity by putting Shulk in. Because let's be honest: Super Smash Bros. really is the best commercial for Nintendo's franchises.

Basically, if Shulk is not in, then Xenoblade X will flop, unless Nintendo spends more money on marketing and promotion, which most likely doubles the cost significantly. Worst case scenario, Monolith Soft will be sold to another company or maybe even become a Mario spin-off developer since Xenoblade X didn't sell. >_<
I doubt it would "flop", but I agree in the sense that the sales won't be nearly as high if Shulk wasn't included. Compared to Xenoblade Chronicles when it started out, X is already receiving some attention globally, so I'm sure people will get into it just because it 'looks cool' and plenty of others will get it that enjoyed Xenoblade Chronicles. Shulk's inclusion would kind of remind of how things were with Marth and Roy before Fire Emblem reached the states. Fire Emblem has reached its peak with Awakening...or so we thought. With Robin and Lucina's inclusion and FE reaching a whopping 4 reps, I'm sure FE fandom will continue to grow, boosting Awakening's sales even more as well as the upcoming SMT x FE title. Xenoblade Chronicles talk has been spreading around like wildfire and more people are getting hip to the game, loving it, and coming to support Shulk. so getting into Smash would just let things reach maximum hype. Plenty of people that weren't aware of Xenoblade before will surely backtrack to play his game as well as get into X because of the love I'm sure they'll have for the character.

In-game advertisement is a helluva drug.

Roy is a Smash favorite for a lot of people simply because he has a catchy chant from the audience and his blade emits flames. Outside of Smash, Roy isn't even cared for much. Outside of Smash, Shulk is awesome. Inside of Smash, Shulk would be awesome. His inclusion will be monumental for the future.

P.S. - My power went out when I was trying to respond earlier. So this is late :(

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

chunky kang assist is tru i saw it trust me i am good guy

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
I doubt it would "flop", but I agree in the sense that the sales won't be nearly as high if Shulk wasn't included. Compared to Xenoblade Chronicles when it started out, X is already receiving some attention globally, so I'm sure people will get into it just because it 'looks cool' and plenty of others will get it that enjoyed Xenoblade Chronicles. Shulk's inclusion would kind of remind of how things were with Marth and Roy before Fire Emblem reached the states. Fire Emblem has reached its peak with Awakening...or so we thought. With Robin and Lucina's inclusion and FE reaching a whopping 4 reps, I'm sure FE fandom will continue to grow, boosting Awakening's sales even more as well as the upcoming SMT x FE title. Xenoblade Chronicles talk has been spreading around like wildfire and more people are getting hip to the game, loving it, and coming to support Shulk. so getting into Smash would just let things reach maximum hype. Plenty of people that weren't aware of Xenoblade before will surely backtrack to play his game as well as get into X because of the love I'm sure they'll have for the character.

Roy is a Smash favorite for a lot of people simply because he has a catchy chant from the audience and his blade emits flames. Outside of Smash, Roy isn't even cared for much. Outside of Smash, Shulk is awesome. Inside of Smash, Shulk would be awesome. His inclusion will be monumental for the future.

P.S. - My power went out when I was trying to respond earlier. So this is late :(
yeah I was about to say if it was not for marth and roy FE would not have made it in the west and this is coming from a massive FE fan

Edit: and then their was Pit in brawl so I mean if Shulk got in I know Xenoblade would fellow in their footsteps (and I suppose RH as well since I never even heard of those games till smash rumors came along)

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
yeah I was about to say if it was not for marth and roy FE would not have made it in the west and this is coming from a massive FE fan

Edit: and then their was Pit in brawl so I mean if Shulk got in I know Xenoblade would fellow in their footsteps (and I suppose RH as well since I never even heard of those games till smash rumors came along)
Pretty much. That's the kind of power Smash has. Granted, Xenoblade Chronicles already got pushed to the states some before Shulk made an appearance in a Smash title (couldn't have anyway due to release date), it still has somewhat of a cult following, unlike Mario, LoZ, Pokemon, etc.

Shulk's inclusion will basically take the series in the direction that FE is heading in success wise, and X is already looking nice to me as it is.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Yes indeed. And Smash is the best dealer of said drug. It's amazing how many great franchises I've been introduced to just by Smash alone.

Rikobomo

Smash Apprentice

This is why I can't see Shulk being any less than a playable character. If he was an AT, it wouldn't line up with Nintendo's concerted effort in pushing the Xenoblade series, at all.

"Here's Shulk, one of the most highly requested characters from Xenoblade Chronicles; the popular, critically acclaimed RPG from our subsidiary, Monolith Soft (FYI, he's an assist trophy). Did you know there's a spiritual succesor coming soon to Wii U?"

That looks absolutely ridiculous, doesn't it?

I don't see it happening. Gotta strike the iron while it's hot.

EDIT: Also, who else can Sakurai really rep to represent a new franchise in all honesty? Xenoblade is a no-brainer, and one of the most notable new first-party games on the Wii. (The other being Rhythm Heaven, DUN DUN DUN!)

Last edited:

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
Yes indeed. And Smash is the best dealer of said drug. It's amazing how many great franchises I've been introduced to just by Smash alone.
Sony tried the same thing but the battle royal train crashed fell off a cliff and explode

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
I just made this in Minecraft:
Monado Minecraft.jpg
I think it looks pretty nice.

Last edited:

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580

I exaggerated it just to get my point across, haha.

But yeah, I wanted to describe the worst case scenario if Shulk wasn't included. Smash Bros. is basically free advertisement, and Nintendo won't have to spend too much money promoting Xenoblade Chronicles X if he were to be included.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Thank god the fighting has stop, But to prevent future fights please try to understand the subject at hand and what people are talking about. And to start thing off...No Nintendo Character Is More "Nintendo" Than Any Other Nintendo Character.

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
When did I ever say that? Now you're just putting words in my mouth. My argument is that if Shulk is too "Anime-ish" for Smash, then what about the Fire emblem characters? THEY obviously aren't too "anime" since we have 4 of them. This is only about the designs. Also, that Marth is "more Nintendo" is not a fact. They are both first-parties.
I'm gonna list arguments and counter arguments for them now, because why not.

"Too new" Greninja and Robin. Also, the roster was decided at a perfect oppurtunity for Shulk to make it.

"Generic swordsman" Lol no. The only people who say this have never played Xenoblade.

"Not Nintendo enough" Fire emblem, that is all.

"Is from a one-game franchise" Xenoblade X.

"Is too niche" This thread says hello. There is a good reason for why we have almost beaten the K. Rool thread, because Shulk is easily in the top 5 most requested characters list globally.
And nope, Marth is more Nintendo than Shulk for obvious reasons. The true Nintendosity of a character is determined by more than appearance. A cartoonish, colourful and childish chibi version of Shulk wearing clothes like Mario plumbers would not make Shulk more Nintendo than Marth.

Know your place.

Last edited:

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Thank god the fighting has stop, But to prevent future fights please try to understand the subject at hand and what people are talking about. And to start thing off...No Nintendo Character Is More "Nintendo" Than Any Other Nintendo Character.
But Shulk is too non-Nintendo and animu generic surdmun tho :troll:

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
And nope, Marth is more Nintendo than Shulk for obvious reasons. The true Nintendosity of a character is determined by more than appearance. A cartoonish, colourful and childish chibi version of Shulk wearing clothes like Mario plumbers would not make Shulk more Nintendo than Marth.

Know your place.
pls. True Nintendosity... this makes me sick. Everything Nintendo is Nintendo. There's no "more Nintendo" or "less Nintendo".

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
This is why I can't see Shulk being any less than a playable character. If he was an AT, it wouldn't line up with Nintendo's concerted effort in pushing the Xenoblade series, at all.

"Here's Shulk, one of the most highly requested characters from Xenoblade Chronicles; the popular, critically acclaimed RPG from our subsidiary, Monolith Soft (FYI, he's an assist trophy). Did you know there's a spiritual succesor coming soon to Wii U?"

That looks absolutely ridiculous, doesn't it?

I don't see it happening. Gotta strike the iron while it's hot.
The push for it to spread to the west, it's overall reception (as an example..Famitsu - #6 Nintendo game of ALL-TIME ...that's huge)and the awards its received. There's just too much adding up to only represent the series with an Assist Trophy. Even aside from Shulk, the game has plenty to offer.

I believe in Sakurai and the team.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

Know your place.
Design wise. You can't possibly tell me that MOST people think of Fire emblem when they hear Nintendo. Marth is NOT more Nintendo than Shulk, because they are both first-parties.

Know YOUR place.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580

Know your place.
He actually didn't say that; he merely used that as an example, hence the quotes. :p

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
He actually didn't say that; he merely used that as an example, hence the quotes. :p
And also, we talked about how stupid the "not Nintendo enough" argument was just a couple of posts before that. Of course Fire emblem is Nintendo enough, so is Shulk.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045

Know your place.
I think you should leave, don't come here starting fights, no Nintendo character is more "Nintendo" than another Nintendo character, Take your mindless hate somewhere else.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero

Know your place.
Except that the look of Nintendo characters stretch among all Demographics. Tell me. What does a Nintendo character look like?

Shulk is a first party character from Monolith Soft who is owned by Nintendo.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
-Shulk is a part of Nintendo
-Marth is a part of Nintendo
- Aside from 3rd parties, Smash Bros. is a collection of Nintendo's history...as mentioned so many times before, Xenoblade is likely to be one of the first games to be one of the first games looked at when the team is coming up with what else to add to the ultimate collection that is Smash. From the characters to the stages to the music to the trophies and to the stickers, everything matters. Smash is packed with so much info and is one of the best tools to learn about what all Nintendo has done.

In short, if you're a part of Nintendo's history, you're Nintendo. What is the definition of 'Nintendo' anyway? You'd have to come up with your own definition just to even be able to argue otherwise, but that's silly anyway. :/

The 'debate' here is completely one-sided...

Well, if you break down the meaning behind Nin-ten-do, you could get something like "entertainment/game heaven". Xenoblade is a game and is entertaining.

Nintendo or nah? :p

Last edited:

Dunban

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I wonder if a fan-art gallery would be allowed by the mods when we do get a subforum?

Rikobomo

Smash Apprentice

Know your place.
"Nintendosity"?

You just made that word up, didn't you? I'm actually laughing. Incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom