• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
I now grant Sakurai permission to reveal Shulk as a playable character.

monado.png

(I wanted to have this before his reveal :awesome:)

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
pls. True Nintendosity... this makes me sick. Everything Nintendo is Nintendo. There's no "more Nintendo" or "less Nintendo".
Yes, there are "more Nintendo" and "less Nintendo" characters, games and series. You can divide those in cathegories.
Design wise. You can't possibly tell me that MOST people think of Fire emblem when they hear Nintendo. Marth is NOT more Nintendo than Shulk, because they are both first-parties.

Know YOUR place.
"Because they are both first-parties" LOL. Pokemon, developed by a 2nd Party, is more Nintendo than both Fire Emblem and Xenoblade, developed by a 1st Party. You shouldnt brought 1st Party - 2nd Party against something like me, you know.
I think you should leave, don't come here starting fights, no Nintendo character is more "Nintendo" than another Nintendo character, Take your mindless hate somewhere else.
Mindless hate? I do actively support some REALLY MINOR Nintendo characters in the Nintendo Pyramid of series and i know my place.
Except that the look of Nintendo characters stretch among all Demographics. Tell me. What does a Nintendo character look like?

Shulk is a first party character from Monolith Soft who is owned by Nintendo.
A Nintendo character looks like a Nintendo character. First party... Yeah, i never heard of "2nd party" being inferior to 1st party.
"Nintendosity"?

You just made that word up, didn't you? I'm actually laughing. Incredible.
Actually the first time i used "Nintendosity", but now i use just Nintendosity, because it seems a legit word ;P.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Yes, there are "more Nintendo" and "less Nintendo" characters, games and series. You can divide those in cathegories.
"Because they are both first-parties" LOL. Pokemon, developed by a 2nd Party, is more Nintendo than both Fire Emblem and Xenoblade, developed by a 1st Party. You shouldnt brought 1st Party - 2nd Party against something like me, you know.
Mindless hate? I do actively support some REALLY MINOR Nintendo characters in the Nintendo Pyramid of series and i know my place.
A Nintendo character looks like a Nintendo character. First party... Yeah, i never heard of "2nd party" being inferior to 1st party.
Actually the first time i used "Nintendosity", but now i use just Nintendosity, because it seems a legit word ;P.
You continue to ignore the evidence we put up.

Here is proof that Shulk is First Party:

http://nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/Category:First_party_developers

Government Documented Proof:

http://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=77749675&caseType=SERIAL_NO&searchType=statusSearch

All you have is an opinion on what makes a character look Nintendo.

Raetah

Smash Journeyman

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Shulk is as Nintendo as Mario is. They are both first-party after all. Try to prove me wrong, I dare you. Pokémon is less Nintendo than Xenoblade, and that is a fact.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Havent you readed anything? "First-Party" or "Second-Party" means little.
.....? That is an opinion and nothing more, but even if it isn't, it does not bode well in your argument.

A First Party character has more chances, because it is synonymous with the people who own it. The First Party studios work more closely with those who own them.

Mainly with Nintendo, these are the First Parties:

Brownie Brown (Now 1-UP Studios)

Project Sora (now Sora ltd)

Intelligent Systems

Nintendo Entertainment Analysis and Research

Nintendo EAD

ND Cube

Monolith Soft

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
.....? That is an opinion and nothing more, but even if it isn't, it does not bode well in your argument.

A First Party character has more chances, because it is synonymous with the people who own it. The First Party studios work more closely with those who own them.

Mainly with Nintendo, these are the First Parties:

Brownie Brown (Now 1-UP Studios)

Project Sora

Intelligent Systems

Nintendo Entertainment Analysis and Research

Nintendo EAD

ND Cube
Do my eyes deceive me, or is Monolith Soft not listed there?

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I've just come back from the rumours thread.....is it just me or is Smashboards in a really argumentative mood tonight? All the conflict is getting me down. :(

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Yeah, who turned up the gamefaqs in here?
S'why I came back here. We're always in a great mood! Hope we can win #HappiestSmashboardsSubforum2014 by the end of the year.

We've got that **** on lockdown.

Hypothetically, let's say that Shulk is revealed as an AT. How would you react?

I'd be legit surprised, and in utter shock, and incredibly upset. My purchase of Smash Bros. relies heavily on Shulk's inclusion.
It...would just involve a friend of mine and I sobbing uncontrollably into eachother's arms, and cursing Sakurai's name. :sadsheep:

Shulk's honestly the only thing I need to be super hype. Pls.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Man. It's true though.

Last edited:

Rikobomo

Smash Apprentice
[bold]Actually the first time i used "Nintendosity", but now i use just Nintendosity, because it seems a legit word ;P.[/bold]
But it isn't a legit word; it's stupid. Using made up words that have no real meaning isn't going to support or back up your argument. If it did, we'd all be doing it.

"Yo, this game is objectively better from a gameplay standpoint because it's more engagingliational."

"I disagree, broductivelly. It's far less burgerigity compared to this game because the gerdeybottoms it uses takes less time to learn."

"Nintendosity?"

"Nintendosity."

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I've just come back from the rumours thread.....is it just me or is Smashboards in a really argumentative mood tonight? All the conflict is getting me down. :(
That is what happens when a recent Deconfirmation happens. People fear their candidate is next.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
It...would just involve a friend of mine and I sobbing uncontrollably into eachother's arms, and cursing Sakurai's name. :sadsheep:
I've already had that experience today since Takamaru got de-confirmed except I was crying alone.
except I didn't really cry though, just cursed a little bit.

Last edited:

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
He did that in every Pokemon sub-forum. Good for him.
His jimmiez were certainly rustled. @ R Raetah just some advice, you don't win an argument by letting others do work for you, you come up with good points yourself.

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
Don't worry guys, I'm going through and reporting Raetah's posts. I suggest y'all do the same. I mean, the topics dedicated to attacking Solfiner.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Well If you Xenobrothers ask me about the Nintendosity of Shulk, I'd say its pretty high up there with Mario:

Also, whenever someone says brother I read it in the Liquid voice from Metal Gear Solid. Never gets old.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Don't worry guys, I'm going through and reporting Raetah's posts. I suggest y'all do the same. I mean, the topics dedicated to attacking Solfiner.
Basically, yeah. I love how the Op is completely taken out of context just to make it seem like I think Pokémon is bad or something.

Last edited:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
So uh...
Apparently there was an argument in here?
tbh I only knew because Raetah claimed you used the Xenoblade comment against Mewtwo specifically and I have to agree that's dumb, but... Just cool it. You'll make us look like the Ridley thread at this rate.
BTW Raetah, I can see you watching this thread.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
His jimmiez were certainly rustled. @ R Raetah just some advice, you don't win an argument by letting others do work for you, you come up with good points yourself.
It seems like he is trying to pit the Xenoblade Chronicles fans and Pokemon fans against each other:

"According to Solfiner, Pokemon is less Nintendo than Xenoblade.

Shulk is as Nintendo as Mario is. They are both first-party after all. Try to prove me wrong, I dare you. Pokémon is less Nintendo than Xenoblade, and that is a fact.
Im tired to prove that he is wrong. You can find him in Shulk thread support. it would be helpful."
from Raetah

Source:

http://smashboards.com/threads/pikachu.324197/page-8#post-17173613

Go to the bottom of the page to find Raetah.

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
I would rather say "If anything, Pokémon is "less Nintendo" than Xenoblade" since GAME FREAK really only develops for Nintendo ATM. Pokémon is a central part of Nintendo.
And this Raetah dude shall shut up now. Geez.

Last edited:

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
So uh...
Apparently there was an argument in here?
tbh I only knew because Raetah claimed you used the Xenoblade comment against Mewtwo specifically and I have to agree that's dumb, but... Just cool it. You'll make us look like the Ridley thread at this rate.
BTW Raetah, I can see you watching this thread.
The thing is that he claims that certain franchises are more "Nintendo" than others. He took my comment completely out of context and made threads in every pokemon subforum about it too.

Enyalb

Hardcore Wonder-Casual Dragoon
NNID
BLAYNEproject
3DS FC
5300-9911-6250
Hypothetically, let's say that Shulk is revealed as an AT. How would you react?
That one scene in Heavy Rain where you cut your finger off... Then move on with life.

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
You know what?
Have some Riki and let us just laugh at this crap.
And yes, I am actually slightly salty. Duh.

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
Okay, so I decided to look into Pokémon's status as far as Nintendo's ownership, and I found a video on it, as well as Monolith Soft; Fire Emblem; Mother; and Kirby, by Loves Smash (not sure if he has any kind of reputation here on Smash Boards). According to his research, Nintendo owns anywhere from 1/3 to 2/3 of the Pokémon franchise, however the Pokémon characters are owned by Game Freak. I'll leave the video here for anyone interested.

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
For f*** sake people (I'm referring to the site as a whole), calm down! Light some candles, read a book, listen to Bob Ross and relax. I don't get how a character disconfirmation can make people this nutty. Like I said before, if anything this helps your character's chances because there's less competition.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
The thing is that he claims that certain franchises are more "Nintendo" than others. He took my comment completely out of context and made threads in every pokemon subforum about it too.
Yes, I can see that. But likely thing is, they'll get infractions for bringing arguments into other threads. I don't need to see any other people get infractions for continuing the arguments in those threads. Or continuing this argument in general.
Just a reminder from your friendly neighborhood Titan.

Last edited:

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Yes, I can see that. But likely thing is, they'll get infractions for bringing arguments into other threads. I don't need to see any other people get infractions for continuing the arguments in those threads. Or continuing this argument in general.
Just a reminder from your friendly neighborhood Titan.
We think alike. It's such a one-sided argument anyway.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
For f*** sake people (I'm referring to the site as a whole), calm down! Light some candles, read a book, listen to Bob Ross and relax. I don't get how a character disconfirmation can make people this nutty. Like I said before, if anything this helps your character's chances because there's less competition.
Seeing characters get deconfirmed gets some supporters worrying about their own Candidate, and the only way to forget about the negative thoughts is to vent, or to get the anger out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom