• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dunban

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if a fan-art gallery would be allowed by the mods when we do get a subforum?
I can't think of a reason why we couldn't have one...
And if we do get one i'd be more than happy to sort and compile all of it ^^

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I can't think of a reason why we couldn't have one...
And if we do get one i'd be more than happy to sort and compile all of it ^^
That would be the most amazing thread ever.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
"Nintendosity"?

You just made that word up, didn't you? I'm actually laughing. Incredible.

Google didn't understand. All hope is lost. Only a Nintendo hero like Shulk can save us now.

And yes, we can have an art/image gallery in the sub-forum. Those threads usually get pinned too.

Last edited:

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Reminds me of Hydrocity from Sonic 3. That song is my jam.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Aw man, this thread never fails to get me in a good mood.

J04KlM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pichu4SSB4
3DS FC
4940-5417-1674
Hello Shulk people. I thought i'd share my drawing i made today here since it features your character!

Hope you like!

DuwangAnon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0516-7668-7793
Design wise. You can't possibly tell me that MOST people think of Fire emblem when they hear Nintendo. Marth is NOT more Nintendo than Shulk, because they are both first-parties.

Know YOUR place.
Nah, I think of Fire Emblem automatically when I think of Nintendo. Mario? Who's that?

Know MY place. Wait, what?

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
I think the reason why people call someone "more Nintendo" than the other is because the word "Nintendo" has been used as an adjective and genre. "Nintendo" has had its own definition for a long time now, and some words to describe it are colorful, charming, creative, imaginative, and innovative, and most "Nintendo games" and "Nintendo characters" fit that description. However, in this case, we really shouldn't use the term for a character's inclusion.

Meanwhile, we have people calling Marth and Shulk not looking like Nintendo characters due to their anime traits, but they're still Nintendo characters regardless.

Tailsluigi

Smash Rookie
I'm here to support Shulk for Super smash bros for the 3ds/Wii U.

I will see that he is playable in this game.

I hope my support will help everyone here.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
The kids should really buy some more JRPGs these days. JRPG is an awesome genre that shouldn't be underestimated.
Sadly, it's kind of dying in the industry. :c

In terms of most anticipated, we have Final Fantasy XV, Kingdom Hearts III, Persona 5, Xenoblade Chronicles X, and Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem. There are other really niche ones, but they're pretty much dwindling since western gaming is taking over.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
May I just point out that I strongly dislike the term "JRPG".

DuwangAnon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0516-7668-7793
We missed you too bronado.

yes pwease samurai

Someone is high on too many JRPGS it seems. :troll:
Have you tried the new JRPG on the market? It's called Tales of Xillia 2. Man, it comes in fresh from Japan soon. It's quite a trip, I'll tell you that. Just lettin' all you Xenoblade-dealers know.

Dunban

Smash Journeyman
Someone is high on too many JRPGS it seems. :troll:
"Hey kid, you wanna try some of the good stuff? Nah i'm not talking about any of that stuff you'll pick up from some phony dealer, this is the real deal. That's right, this here is a bag full of JRPGs. Now kid, I can see you're pretty smart, so i'll pass this over to you for a couple o' twenties and about 300 hours of your life... Deal?

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
May I just point out that I strongly dislike the term "JRPG".
The term is kinda misleading, but I didn't invent this term :ohwell: JRPG sounds like RPGs that are made in Japan, but it only refers to the story-telling style.
Have you tried the new JRPG on the market? It's called Tales of Xillia 2. Man, it comes in fresh from Japan soon. It's quite a trip, I'll tell you that. Just lettin' all you Xenoblade-dealers know.
Tales of Xillia 2 looks sick so far! Can't wait to... see a playthrough of it. I'm just too low on budget to get an PS3 when I'm already saving on a Wii U :mad:
Bandai/Namco wants all my money... Mario Kart, Smash Bros, Tales of...

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Ha ha, I brought up 'helluva drug' in an earlier post and now it seems everyone is getting Xenostoned.

Hm...we should have a compilation of all of the Xeno/Monado terms that get thrown around here.

That's So Shulk and Riki Baxter still has me in tears.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
The term is kinda misleading, but I didn't invent this term :ohwell: JRPG sounds like RPGs that are made in Japan, but it only refers to the story-telling style.
No no, I know that. I just dislike it in general. I think it's because it feels like whoever invented it thinks that "JRPG's" are of lesser quality than "WRPG's". It's kinda convenient to use, but it still bothers me.

/nitpicking over

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Err...did you set your Google Search settings to Monado?

Look up Xenobrother while you're at it :laugh:
There is a quest named: "A big brother's fight."
Truly, a quest for us Xenobrothers.

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
We don't have fights tho~
I'll say it another time: This thread is so cool and awesome and funny and weak and weak and pathetic.
Fights against the Shulk detractors.
At least not with eachother. And Shulk detractors are pretty rare here.

EDIT II: BTW, really happy you're here again @ Hokori Hokori . Missed you since the #MonadoMonday days. Pretty insane; that was 2 1/2 weeks ago! Time sure flies.

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Speaking of Xenobrothers...

Seems like we already have Google supporting our cause (close enough). Looks like we have yet another Pro-Shulk reason for inclusion. #GoogleIsLaw

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Speaking of Xenobrothers...

Seems like we already have Google supporting our cause (close enough). Looks like we have yet another Pro-Shulk reason for inclusion. #GoogleIsLaw
Quick, include every Google employee on the support list!

CharleeAlex

Smash Rookie
Hello Shulk fans, I'm new here and I 100% support Shulk and everything Xenoblade for SSB4, I've never played Xenoblade Chronicles, but I'm currently watching through a let's play on YouTube, It's obviously not the same as playing it but it's the best I can do!

I look forward to Shulks (hopeful) inclusion in SSB4!

Rikobomo

Smash Apprentice
Hypothetically, let's say that Shulk is revealed as an AT. How would you react?

I'd be legit surprised, and in utter shock, and incredibly upset. My purchase of Smash Bros. relies heavily on Shulk's inclusion.

D

Deleted member

I... rather not think about that too much. It might involve utter shock with a mixing of anger, confusion, and sadness while I go off and cry in my sleep.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

I'd be legit surprised, and in utter shock, and incredibly upset. My purchase of Smash Bros. relies heavily on Shulk's inclusion.
I'd walk straight to the closest window.
Nah but seriously, I would be really angry.

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687

I'd still get the game, but I would be so disappointed. I hate using the phrase "slap in the face" (mostly because I get so many clickbait emails that say "SLAP IN THE FACE!!!"), but it would truly be a slap in the face to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom