• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
Speaking of Doctor Who, it took me a while to realize that Melia's VA played Clara Oswald on the show, which I found really neat. c:
It was the other way around for me. I flipped when I found out that Jenna Coleman had voiced Melia. As did my partner xD

T.R "River"

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hidanclub
3DS FC
4382-2201-8687
This could be great, I love the colony 9 music btw. Given how big colony 9 is, the stage could also be something like delphino plaza with many locations.

But xenoblade has too many great locations (Gaur plaind, Eryth sea, sword valley...) to be represented by just one stage in my opinion
What about a Delfino Plaza type stage, except it's just called "The Bionis." Flies you from location to location on the Bionis.

MooseSmuggler

NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
What about a Delfino Plaza type stage, except it's just called "The Bionis." Flies you from location to location on the Bionis.
That's what a lot of folks have suggested. But using Junks as the "platform". Which would do the most justice to the areas of Bionis.

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman
If not KOS-MOS, then maybe Kalas from Baten Kaitos? Namco and Monolith collab'd on that too. (which I really need to continue that...) Kalas could be a plain trophy while KOS-MOS an assist I guess, since she also appeared in the 3DS title Project X Zone?
I still haven't played all the Xenosagas or beat Xenogears either orz...and I think Aeron would make another cool assist while Zael is a normal trophy too
Aeron would be cool as an assist. I can see him chaining one of the characters and slamming them on the floor, walls, etc. similar to one of Tabuu's moves from Subspace. I agree Zael should at least be a normal trophy. He can't do as much compared to Shulk or Aeron, but he was part of Rainfall.

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
Well reached Satorl Marsh today in my current playtrough, the place still gives me shivers when you see it for the first time at night

anyway in my last playtrough I missed some uniques Monster to 100% my file, so I assume the only missable ones dwell in the Mechonis area's right?

DarkRyu

Smash Cadet
NNID
YoungChief
3DS FC
4098-2758-3357
Whenever a direct is announced, I swear it's like time slows down for me. The wait for the Robin/Lucina reveal trailer (MonadoMonday) was such a long weekend. I prefer when they announce them like the day before because of that

So I see Junks is the popular choice for a Xenoblade stage, makes sense, and it would be neat if it had a day/night system like smashville did. I don't know if this has been suggested but (Spoilers btw), what if the stage were inside of the Mechonis head in the room where you fight Egil for the last time, and through the window you see Mechonis and Bionis fighting while you fight, it's probably been suggested before though

No I don't know how to spoiler tag

Rikobomo

Smash Apprentice
aTC5DlN.jpg
1402483255_xenoblade-chronicles-wiiu-logo2.jpg
XenobladeChroniclesX_zps2fd58346.png
As far as Xenoblade is a must have for every Wii owner, its character 3D models are absolutely atrocious. A shame considering the artworks were not bad at all.

I don't know if you've seen the models of Xenoblde Chronicles X, but it looks like it will go the same way as the first Xenoblade x)
Calling the Xenoblade models "absolutely atrocious" is a bit of an overreaction. Clearly, they weren't full-spec models, but that is because they HAD to compromise, and they did look like eggs with eyes painted on, but they weren't exactly eye-gouging; they were presentable, and Takahashi and his team did well in making them look the best they could with what they had.

The models in Xenoblade look great, though, since Takahashi and his team are working with more powerful hardware and HD assets. It's clear they're using the same approach as Xenoblade Wii, but I think the stronger hardware allows them to blur the line of what looks good, and what looks like eggs with eyes painted on, a lot, lot more.

Last edited:

MooseSmuggler

NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
@ DarkRyu DarkRyu All you have to do is put the word "spoiler" between [] brackets to start it and "/spoiler" between brackets to end it.

Last edited:

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
On the subject of non-Zelda characters in Hyrule Warriors, I'm hoping that maybe if Hyrule Warriors is successful, we might get something along the lines of a Super Smash Warriors. Imagine them taking the entire roster of Smash 4 and just making a huge Dynasty Warriors style game with stages based on all the different worlds. It would basically be Subspace Emissary, but with gameplay that's far more entertaining.

DuwangAnon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0516-7668-7793
So guys, for Xenoblade X, what are you going to make your avatar look like? Imma try to make mine look like Rinnosuke Morichika from Touhou or maybe Shulk if they let me.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
So guys, for Xenoblade X, what are you going to make your avatar look like? Imma try to make mine look like Rinnosuke Morichika from Touhou or maybe Shulk if they let me.
Dunban-san! He is a pretty cool guy after all.

MASTERLINKX

enjoy my good friend shulk! :)
NNID
MASTERLINKX
I personally like the look of the one they used in the first treehouse day.

I'll still have to check all of the options I have first hand though.

Last edited:

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
I'll probably just play around with it until I find a look that I think is cool. I'm still trying to decide if I should make a male or female character though.

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
I think I will make either a Asuna Avatar or a Mikasa Ackerman one for Xenoblade X(raises flameshield due its Mainstream Anime xD), Although if I can recreate a XB party member that will be my Nr.1 choice for that game

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
On the subject of non-Zelda characters in Hyrule Warriors, I'm hoping that maybe if Hyrule Warriors is successful, we might get something along the lines of a Super Smash Warriors. Imagine them taking the entire roster of Smash 4 and just making a huge Dynasty Warriors style game with stages based on all the different worlds. It would basically be Subspace Emissary, but with gameplay that's far more entertaining.
I'd love that but some people be harder to think of and have work then others (I'm looking at you pokemon)

Last edited:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
While they weren't the best, I personally didn't find them bad either. They were actually kind of charming. But I guess it was just me understanding they had to make some sacrifices on the Wii for a game that big. If it had been on another same-gen platform, I would've been disappointed.
I don't mind the character models, I played other games that had worst character model, the world made up for it and the game play and story and music. The game is great so the 3D models I don't care.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
I hope they keep the british voice acting in over american I don't hate american voice actors but it just feels right IMO having British voice actors in the Xenoblade universe

Last edited:

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
Guys, one thing worth noting is that the non-default forms of player characters ALWAYS look ****ty. Look at player-created Commander Shepards, and you'll see what I mean. (Adding onto that, it's even harder to make anime-style 3D characters...)
Besides, the game is not finished. Maybe they'll polish up the character models by 2015, when the game is released.

Everest

Smash Cadet
View attachment 19951 View attachment 19952 View attachment 19953

Calling the Xenoblade models "absolutely atrocious" is a bit of an overreaction. Clearly, they weren't full-spec models, but that is because they HAD to compromise, and they did look like eggs with eyes painted on, but they weren't exactly eye-gouging; they were presentable, and Takahashi and his team did well in making them look the best they could with what they had.

The models in Xenoblade look great, though, since Takahashi and his team are working with more powerful hardware and HD assets. It's clear they're using the same approach as Xenoblade Wii, but I think the stronger hardware allows them to blur the line of what looks good, and what looks like eggs with eyes painted on, a lot, lot more.
Sorry I didn't want to sound like I was dispising Xenoblade or its developpers. I understand very well they had to compromise given the pretty weak hardware of the Wii console. The final overall results is great, making Xenoblade one of the most impressive game of the Wii. Still those flat faces were in my opinion really terrible and disturbing in many cutscenes and I was just making fun of them.

About Xenoblade Chronicles X, it looks like a damn beautiful (and fun) game but this time, from what I saw in the trailer and in the treehouse, I think that the character design itself is a bit random.

But don't get me wrong, if (when ?) Shulk is announced in SSB I will be crying tears of joy, even if he has his egg looking face. Though I hope he'll get an HD makeover.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Guys, one thing worth noting is that the non-default forms of player characters ALWAYS look ****ty. Look at player-created Commander Shepards, and you'll see what I mean. (Adding onto that, it's even harder to make anime-style 3D characters...)
Besides, the game is not finished. Maybe they'll polish up the character models by 2015, when the game is released.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
what you all thought on the British voice actors I know alot of people who did not like Xenoblade was because of the accents alot of actors had I however actually liked the British voice acting felt right for the game IMO
I love the British voice actors better than the Merica voice actors that we normally get in RBGs

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
I love the British voice actors better than the Merica voice actors that we normally get in RBGs
for me it's 50/50 some I love (for example although some people don't like it I actually enjoyed the bravely default voice actor lineup) but then their are some that are just ughhh
Edit: The persona cast are usually good too can't say the same for SMT 4 though was not a big fan of them their

Last edited:

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Hey guys! I've been lurking this thread for quite some time now.. so I wanna contribute with a moveset! I was thinking about what makes most of the other newcomers unique and I had an idea. What if Shulk was a combination of the newcomer's mechanics?
Talent Gauge mechanic - Similar to Little Mac's meter, but doesn't deplete. Filling the Talent Gauge will let you unleash one of Shulk's Monado Arts.
  • Neutral B- Monado Buster: Same as in Xenoblade.
  • Side B - Monado Eater: Removes any buff and inflicts passive damage.
  • Down B- Monado Shield: Reduces damage and knock back for a period of time.
  • Up B- Monado Cyclone: Unleashes damaging wind and pushes Shulk upwards.
His normal Specials would need to cooldown (probably similar to Robin's) and with customization, he could get different Arts (like Palutena)
  • Neutral B- Shaker Edge: Hits hard with good knock back, but has a starting and ending lag. Slit Edge: Fast and reliable KO move with ending lag. Turn Strike: A slower, but harder hitting shaker Edge. Less ending lag.
  • Side B- Back Slash: Shulk rushes forward and turns back to slash. Quick move but low knock back. Stream Edge: Quick horizontal slash with good reach.
  • Down B- Battle Soul: Takes some damage (around 15-20 percent) to gain Talent Gauge. Shadow Eye- Increases attack power. Light Heal: Restores some percentage of damage (around the same as Battle Soul), has the longest cooldown of all arts.
  • Up B- Air Slash: Shulk jumps and performs a high slash. Has the least cooldown of all.
I couldn't find a way to fit in Purge, Armour, Enchant or Speed, but maybe they could fit in the Talent Art Special/Normal Specials as customs.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
Hey guys! I've been lurking this thread for quite some time now.. so I wanna contribute with a moveset! I was thinking about what makes most of the other newcomers unique and I had an idea. What if Shulk was a combination of the newcomer's mechanics?
Talent Gauge mechanic - Similar to Little Mac's meter, but doesn't deplete. Filling the Talent Gauge will let you unleash one of Shulk's Monado Arts.
His normal Specials would need to cooldown (probably similar to Robin's) and with customization, he could get different Arts (like Palutena)
  • Neutral B- Shaker Edge: Hits hard with good knock back, but has a starting and ending lag. Slit Edge: Fast and reliable KO move with ending lag. Turn Strike: A slower, but harder hitting shaker Edge. Less ending lag.
  • Side B- Back Slash: Shulk rushes forward and turns back to slash. Quick move but low knock back. Stream Edge: Quick horizontal slash with good reach.
  • Down B- Battle Soul: Takes some damage (around 15-20 percent) to gain Talent Gauge. Shadow Eye- Increases attack power. Light Heal: Restores some percentage of damage (around the same as Battle Soul), has the longest cooldown of all arts.
  • Up B- Air Slash: Shulk jumps and performs a high slash. Has the least cooldown of all.
I couldn't find a way to fit in Purge, Armour, Enchant or Speed, but maybe they could fit in the Talent Art Special/Normal Specials as customs.
Actually the Talent gauge idea like that I did not think about that'd be neat to see

MooseSmuggler

NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
My moveset had the Talent Guage added in, but I'm pretty sure that post is long since buried xD

Everest

Smash Cadet
Ah ah you' re right still my femshep wasn't actually so bad (in fact, yes she was). But the worst results I ever got was with Oblivion and Fallout 3. The default protagonist is awful, so you try to give him a little more soul, then you end up with a blue or green haired monster.

On the opposite, the editor of FFXIV is pretty decent.

Last edited:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
I really like the Talent Gauge Idea, at first I against it because I though it will be OP but after seeing how Little Mac's meter works in the tree house event it really growing on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom