• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DuwangAnon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0516-7668-7793
I do sincerely hope that Titan's only joking around about leaving or only suffering a brief lapse of frustration. Because without him, this Train will never get back to the same speed that it was at earlier. Without him, our thread will never be the same. Without him, we may reach our destination . . . but he won't be there to celebrate with us.

SamTheMan711

Smash Apprentice
I do sincerely hope that Titan's only joking around about leaving or only suffering a brief lapse of frustration. Because without him, this Train will never get back to the same speed that it was at earlier. Without him, our thread will never be the same. Without him, we may reach our destination . . . but he won't be there to celebrate with us.
Duwang, maybe you could fill in as co-conductor

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
You guys have never seen as a jerk I hope? I just like to joke around a lot :'(
Of course not, Solfiner. We've all just been having fun with the silly stuff you come up with. I'm going to admit, I don't believe TitanTeaTime. I think he's pranking us.

Everest

Smash Cadet
Best thing to do now is probably to move on until Titan come back or not :(

Am i alone when i say i want metal face to be a boss
From what I saw, stage bosses don't really seem to be that fun for me. I'm not a huge fan of stage events which can be to disruptive for a fair match. I would prefer a Xenoblade stage more classic.

In the same way i think the Yellow Devil of Willy's Castle really seems annoying.

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
From what I saw, stage bosses don't really seem to be that fun for me. I'm not a huge fan of stage events which can be to disruptive for a fair match. I would prefer a Xenoblade stage more classic.

In the same way i think the Yellow Devil of Willy's Castle really seems annoying.
I completely agree. Stage bosses just look damn annoying to me. Still, if there must be a boss in the Xenoblade stage, there is no better choice than Metal Face.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I'm only gonna stop with Dittson btw, so don't worry about the other Gif's. I would change my signature, but Smashboards doesn't allow me to for some reason. :(

DuwangAnon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0516-7668-7793
Duwang, maybe you could fill in as co-conductor
Me? Oh no, I lack the skills that Solfner and Titan possess. I can't photoshop and do fancy GIF stuff like they can. I can write, and post images and videos I deem relevant and morale-raising, but the meat of our thread comes from Solfner and Titan's work. I am flattered you'd want me to spearhead this movement though. Maybe in the future when I have sufficient technology to even compete with our two conductors.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Ah, thank you, I was very much confused about that. In fact, I'm still confused. What in the name of Meyneth is happening?

Anyway, I remember when I first thought, "Ooh, Shulk in Smash Bros. would be cool". That was back when a story mode hadn't been deconfirmed and I was still pumped about what it could be about. I thought of just how cool a section focusing on Shulk could be, and of Tragic Decision or Unfinished Battle playing in a boss battle with Metal Face. I'm really sad that there won't be a story mode in SSB4. And I just reminded myself of that sadness. Crap.
I'm still confident that there will be some nice stuff going on with Event matches and an Adventure-like mode with Shulk getting featured. As for boss characters, I just hope they're not sprinkled around stages as hazards. I'm sure that won't be the case though.

Last edited:

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
I'm only gonna stop with Dittson btw, so don't worry about the other Gif's. I would change my signature, but Smashboards doesn't allow me to for some reason. :(
What? No! Don't change your signature! I have not once ever found Dittson annoying, I just think he's awesome. And I haven't seen anyone else that thinks he's annoying either, besides TTT if he truly does feel that way.

Everest

Smash Cadet
I completely agree. Stage bosses just look damn annoying to me. Still, if there must be a boss in the Xenoblade stage, there is no better choice than Nothing.
Fixed for ya :D

But seriously if there is boss in so many stages, I hope Sakurai will make an option to deactivate them. I mean it's funny when you're in a free for all with three friends but sometimes, you just want to fight a bit more seriously somewhere else that in the Final Destination, without being chased by some big yellow thing.

Last edited:

DuwangAnon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0516-7668-7793
What? No! Don't change your signature! I have not once ever found Dittson annoying, I just think he's awesome. And I haven't seen anyone else that thinks he's annoying either, besides TTT if he truly does feel that way.
I concur. Dittson is (one of our) mascot(s). We are this way because of your creations, Solfner. I, for one, do greatly enjoy the general chaotic fun that your machinations bring about. And hey, think of it this way. If Titan's not leaving, you don't have to worry about a thing. If he is, he won't even dislike it because he won't care anymore.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I don't understand what the big deal is. Titan's upset because his name turned pink and somebody is posting gifs and pictures of Dittson? (which has been going on forever now)

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
After the "debate" yesterday and now this, I feel absolutely terrible. You nopon always cheer me up though. :')

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
Today's a dark day in the Shulk thread...
Fixed for ya :D

But seriously if there is boss in so many stages, I hope Sakurai will make an option to deactivate them. I mean it's funny when you're in a free for all with three friends but sometimes, you just want to fight a bit more seriously somewhere else that in the Final Destination, without being chased by some big yellow thing.
There is the Final Destination mode, but that would take away the uniqueness of a stage. I hope there is a stage hazard option, so you could have it off.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I edited my earlier post, but I'll repost the last part of it:

To wrap it up, everyone's activity in the Shulk thread is appreciated. You don't have to post a lot of GIFs to gain some credibility around here, as long as you're contributing to the greater good of this place, you're playing a part. Although we've touched on basically every subject, I'd rather note see this place fall to the gutter with too much spam. Continue to keep it fun, cool, and at the same time, constructive, and we'll keep things rolling in a positive manner.

Shulking around won't help us :)

Last edited:

DuwangAnon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0516-7668-7793
I don't understand what the big deal is. Titan's upset because his name turned pink and somebody is posting gifs and pictures of Dittson? (which has been going on forever now)
I understand your confusion. At first glance, and at subsequent glances as well, it may seem like no big deal. However, if he truly is serious, and for some reason our antics bother him, it would be best to convey a sensitivity of spirit. We're not 4Chan or Miiverse, or even Youtube. We're Smash Boards. We're Bronados. We at least have some sort of decency and respectability to us. We don't fight in seriousness, we understand that we all are kinsman to each other through our love of a single piece of art: this game called Xenoblade. This draws us together and makes us a family. So, if one member of our family is hurt, we have to take care of them and make sure they're okay. If he wants to leave, he may leave, but he leaves knowing he leaves a family not like any other on the internet.

SamTheMan711

Smash Apprentice

To wrap it up, everyone's activity in the Shulk thread is appreciated. You don't have to post a lot of GIFs to gain some credibility around here, as long as you're contributing to the greater good of this place, you're playing a part. Although we've touched on basically every subject, I'd rather note see this place fall to the gutter with too much spam. Continue to keep it fun, cool, and at the same time, constructive, and we'll keep things rolling in a positive manner.

Sulking around won't help us :)
Don't you mean SHULKING!? I'm sorry

Everest

Smash Cadet
Today's a dark day in the Shulk thread...

There is the Final Destination mode, but that would take away the uniqueness of a stage. I hope there is a stage hazard option, so you could have it off.
Yeah, but applying a Xenoblade skin on the Final Destination doesn't make the Final Destination less Final Destination (for some strange reason I'm proud of this sentence :D)
Playstation all stars had that kind of stage option if I remember correctly. Maybe the best part of that game.

Last edited:

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
I'm so annoyed that I'll probably miss this thread beating K. Rools...
I'm also pretty sad because of TTT... and for different reasons.
This shall be the track that reminds us of TTT, our gentleman Riki:
You will always be my friendly niche rival I always loved interacting with.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

Sulking around won't help us :)
What about Shulking around? And yeah, I agree. I make a lot of GIF's because it's my hobby and they make people happy, which in turn boosts everyones morale.

Last edited:

SamTheMan711

Smash Apprentice
I'm so annoyed that I'll probably miss this thread beating K. Rools...
I'm also pretty sad because of TTT... and for different reasons.
This shall be the track that reminds us of TTT, our gentleman Riki:
You will always be my friendly niche rival I always loved interacting with.
My favorite non-battle song!

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
It might just be me, but I'm completely taken aback by this prominent and vocal supporter of Shulk in SSB4 and participator in many gif shenanigans suddenly stating out of the blue that he has been annoyed for a long while by the silly happenings of the thread, to the point where he will stop posting here all together because he outright hates this thread now. It's a bit confusing.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
It might just be me, but I'm completely taken aback by this prominent and vocal supporter of Shulk in SSB4 and participator in many gif shenanigans suddenly stating out of the blue that he has been annoyed for a long while by the silly happenings of the thread, to the point where he will stop posting here all together because he outright hates this thread now. It's a bit confusing.
It's not just you. It seems really random.....

Hokori

Great King of Evil
What about Shulking around? And yeah, I agree. I make a lot of GIF's because it's my hobby and they make people happy, which in turn boosts everyones morale.
I actually meant to put "Shulking", but I forgot the 'h', I edited the post though. As for your GIFs, that's pretty much the impression I got, which I appreciate. I just try to do some uplifting with my words and hope that the mood of this place stays light-hearted, but constructive at the same time. I do understand how that can be hard after awhile though.

However, all this lamenting is kinda dragging the mood down as well. We're not laying a member to rest. Have faith he'll come back and join in on the daily shenanigans and just let things play out.

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
However, all this lamenting is kinda dragging the mood down as well. We're not laying a member to rest. Have faith he'll come back and join in on the daily shenanigans and just let things play out.
I have faith! Hope will never die, after all ;)
I think we should stop being upset now; as I already stated before, It's saddening me even more if this thread's mood is down for too long. Have some hype-y music.
OMFG, I love the part at 1:05 so much.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
What going on Titan is leaving and what with the pink user name I hope I don't get that I hate the color pink.

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
What going on Titan is leaving and what with the pink user name I hope I don't get that I hate the color pink.
It's just a color, I don't get why being pranked is so bad. I mean, that particular shade of pink isn't very pleasant to look at, but it isn't that bad.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Just had a quick skim through the thread (somebody PM'd me so I got curious), and I'm sorry for not clarifying at the very least. I'm not pranking you lot, I'm actually annoyed. And it's not just Dittson, it's just that the thread in general is constantly off-topic and spammy. That really wouldn't be an excuse normally but compare the Shulk thread to the K Rool or Ridley threads. The Ridley thread is also somewhat off-topic but they at least talk about Ridley and not a side-character, and when a detractor shows up they have something to talk about and debate. However, the K Rool thread is only a few pages ahead of the Shulk thread and are still very much in full discussion. It's not just Dittson, it's the way in general the thread is going. The pranking does have relevance in that it showed how far it actually went, Solfiner's little Dittson almost seems to be a more actively discussed topic than Shulk himself and while I'm sure it was only a joke on both Solfiner and KingofZeroX's parts, when I specifically asked not to have that happen I wasn't joking. I guess that got lost in the spam though.
Maybe I'll lurk a bit, and if it goes a different direction I'll join the discussion again. Maybe I'll even change my mind after I go to sleep. But right now, that's not happening.

Last edited:

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
Just had a quick skim through the thread (somebody PM'd me so I got curious), and I'm sorry for not clarifying at the very least. I'm not pranking you lot, I'm actually annoyed. And it's not just Dittson, it's just that the thread in general is constantly off-topic and spammy. That really wouldn't be an excuse normally but compare the Shulk thread to the K Rool or Ridley threads. The Ridley thread is also somewhat off-topic but they at least talk about Ridley and not a side-character, and when a detractor shows up they have something to talk about and debate. However, the K Rool thread is only a few pages ahead of the Shulk thread and are still very much in full discussion. It's not just Dittson, it's the way in general the thread is going. The pranking does have relevance in that it showed how far it actually went, Solfiner's little Dittson almost seems to be a more actively discussed topic than Shulk himself and while I'm sure it was only a joke on both Solfiner and KingofZeroX's parts, when I specifically asked not to have that happen I wasn't joking. I guess that got lost in the spam though.
Maybe I'll lurk a bit, and if it goes a different direction I'll join the discussion again. Maybe I'll even change my mind after I go to sleep. But right now, that's not happening.
Well, this has already been mentioned many times before, but thinking of things to discuss at this point is difficult, yes? We've discussed everything anyone can think of, and multiple times at that. At this point many things are just a tired subject and there is no point in repeating them. If you have any ideas for new things to talk about, then please, go ahead. As much as I enjoy the silly and off-topic discussion, I love talking about what we think having Shulk in Smash will be like. I really do. After talking about everything we can think of for a good 300 pages, though...well, I've said it before. No point in repeating myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom