• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hadouken! Ryu's Official Thread! - We do EX Moves to SMASH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
So, here's a preview of what I'm working! ..

This will be one of the ways to explain my idea of the EX Gauge; =)

KiraYoshikage

Smash Journeyman
I was going to complain that the gauge looked too normal but then I remembered that's exactly how it looked in Turbo lol

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Well, here it is! The basic explanation is that below (also, I goofed in the first preview; the bar actually fills from left to right; XD);

of course; It isn't complete.. I'll make an entirely moveset (just as I made for Pac-Man and K. Rool) and this detail about the EX Gauge will be there with some text and everything. =)

Rabbattack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RabbitLord443
3DS FC
1627-8463-7654
You guys are forgetting about the amazing taunts.

Seeing Ryu use a Shoryuken to recover on stage would look pretty weird tbh. Shoryuken is preformed on the ground.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master

Seeing Ryu use a Shoryuken to recover on stage would look pretty weird tbh. Shoryuken is preformed on the ground.
What about using Hula Hoops as a recovery? :awesome:

Or Sonic's sudden ability to summon a spring.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Or he could do a spin attack like Link, but with spinning kick Tatsumaki Senpukyaku.
Eh, that'd be weird too as in SF an aerial Tatsu has no momentum and drops like a rock, unless you're playing some other game like TvC or MvC and then goes horizontally, like the grounded form. Just better as a side-b, could still be used for recovery, but as side-b. Just seems too perfect.

Ryu could still use Shoryuken on the ground, grounded up-b's are nothing new, Link stays grounded and spins for his up-b.

Aerial Shoryuken might be a lil strange, but it's nothing new, I think he does one or two in his Level 3 in MvC3, Shin Shoryuken.

I dunno, I think Shoryuken would be a fine up-b, and anything else seems much more awkward.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Anyway, seeing Ryu doing double jumps would be awkward enough, so an aerial Shoryuken isn't more weird.

Snake handled double jumps quite well after all. Villager too :4villager:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Ryu does double jumps in TvC (and aerial dashes too), if I recall; and Super Jumps are normal thing in various crossovers; Nothing weird on that. :laugh:

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Yeah, Ryu's handles plenty of weird stuff before. Air dodging will be interesting to see! I just wonder if they'll actually do a nod to SF and other games Ryu's been in by having his short hop animation be like a normal jump in SF while his full jump animation imitates a 'super jump'.

I just keep wondering if they'll make him a super weird character by barely Smashifying him. Give him a super bar, no air dodge, one jump, maybe even a health bar besides damage? I know he'll likely get smash bros treatment and be out of his element, but the idea of him playing to his original rules keeps seeming somewhat possible haha

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Yeah, Ryu's handles plenty of weird stuff before. Air dodging will be interesting to see! I just wonder if they'll actually do a nod to SF and other games Ryu's been in by having his short hop animation be like a normal jump in SF while his full jump animation imitates a 'super jump'.

I just keep wondering if they'll make him a super weird character by barely Smashifying him. Give him a super bar, no air dodge, one jump, maybe even a health bar besides damage? I know he'll likely get smash bros treatment and be out of his element, but the idea of him playing to his original rules keeps seeming somewhat possible haha
I don't think they'd do anything like that - there is a point where faithfulness becomes far too constrictive. The point of the crossover is to explore what the new mechanics bring to him. Didn't Tekken x Street Fighter already recast him in different mechanics to which he's accustomed?

I do expect the Super Bar though, because of how much it brings. In fact I'd argue that it has a lot more immediately interesting applications in these mechanics as between extending combos and increasing damage, it also has the potential to e.g. power up recoveries, bringing a whole new dynamic of whether or not to save them for this onto the table.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473

Ken was able to do it in the air(MvC2) so I don't think it would be too weird to see Ryu do one in the air.

EDIT: Yeah Ryu could also do one when he changed to "Ken Mode" in the first MvC. So he's done one in the air before technically.

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Not sure about Evil Ryu (mainly by the rating by the the game, you know), but definitely you will be coming (friendly and nice) Ryu. XD

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Evil Ryu will be fine. Lol. We have tons of excessively violent attacks already. Most of them being in Bowser Jr.' moveset. (Example: Junior's Down throw)

So he should be fine. :laugh:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Evil Ryu as a character is not one I am altogether unfamiliar with any backstory for, but as a pallet swap makes perfect sense, and I can't see why they wouldn't include it. Plus dark pallet swaps always look awesome.

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
What would Ryu's tagline be?
"Ryu Would Like Some Pound Cake!" :troll:

On a serious note, probably something like, "Ryu shows his true strength!" or "Ryu Rises to the Challenge!"

Or maybe even the iconic, "A New Warrior Has Entered the Ring!"

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Here's my trailer idea.

The trailer starts with a CG cutscene of Mario and Little Mac fighting on top of (Melee) Peach's Castle. As they fight you start to see Mario and Mac become pixelated and morph into Ryu and Balrog while the background becomes Ryu's stage from SF2. We then see the clips cutting back to each other as Mario shoots a fire ball Ryu shoots a hadouken. It's then the video cuts to a HD re-imagining of Ryu's stage where Mario's fire ball and Ryu's hadouken collide.

"THIS WILL BE A MATCH TO REMEMBER!" - An announcers says in the background.
"FIGHT!" - The Announcer

"RYU WANDERS INTO BATTLE!"

*Insert gameplay here.*

The trailer ends with a CG cutscene of Ryu and Mario shaking hands.

Last edited:

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
For his reveal trailer, I do expect the likes of Little Mac to appear.
I like the sound of that how about captain falcon he kind of is now THE* smash brother since he is based of the original concept fighters before it was named smash bros

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Well, Took a little longer than I expected, but here it's my proposed moveset for Ryu;

Hope you guys like, and please, say what you think. ^^

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Well, Took a little longer than I expected, but here it's my proposed moveset for Ryu;
Hope you guys like, and please, say what you think. ^^
It's pretty perfect, a lot of what I'm expecting to actually happen! Great work, I wonder what you'd propose as alts?
Also, just one thing, sorry, but um...how would callorbone breaker work as an up-smash? I mean it hit's directly down. I guess I kinda expected that move to be a chargeable shield breaker down-b or something... As an up-smash, it just pops em up or is there something more? It's like a ground-pound?

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
It's pretty perfect, a lot of what I'm expecting to actually happen! Great work, I wonder what you'd propose as alts?
Also, just one thing, sorry, but um...how would callorbone breaker work as an up-smash? I mean it hit's directly down. I guess I kinda expected that move to be a chargeable shield breaker down-b or something... As an up-smash, it just pops em up or is there something more? It's like a ground-pound?
Thanks! I might do something for Alts after; ^^.. the Collarbone Breaker would act like Mario's Up Smash (the Headbutt); so, the opponent will indeed ground pound. =)

EDIT: Oops, seems that I confused the Somersault and the Shoulder Throw there; I will fix it. =P

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom