• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[GUIDE] Connecting to Brawl/PM Wifi post-WFC shutdown: Occasional server issues are temporary

DARKcpu0

Smash Apprentice
Hey I only did option A because I couldn't manually put it in as I was a day late.

Are my codes still going to be saved?

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I did step one, and I tried to use the riivolution method for step two, but when I click launch in riivolution, my wii freezes. Does anyone know how to fix this?
Is your disc ntsc-u? I unfortunately can't troubleshoot for riivolution because aa patch for Canada is not available yet.
I already added my friend code to the server so can I use the DNS anytime or before May 20th tomorrow? I'll probably have to hack my Wii then if there is no hackles method anytime soon.
I can't give you an exact time, but the DB was originally slated to be finished tomorrow-ish.
There's not supposed to be a DL on the google docs page right? Cuz this is what it looks like for me http://puu.sh/8TAEu.png
right, you can download it from the top left IIRC (im on mobile right now). The first post of my thread has instructions on how to open it
Hey I only did option A because I couldn't manually put it in as I was a day late.

Are my codes still going to be saved?
It's possible, but no guarantees after may 18.

paxinchristo

Smash Ace
Do I need to have a hacked Wii for this to work? Or will it work with a hackless one?

Edit: Nevermind, just saw the part of the post saying you guys are still working on a method for hackless Wiis. Thanks for all the hard work!

Last edited:

LegoKiva

Smash Rookie
sooo..If I don't care about my old save, and I'm fine with unlocking everything again, what do I need to do exactly? How do I connect to these custom servers? Do I just reset my save and connect and *BOOM* it works? Sorry, I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to this type of thing. I'm not even sure how to reset my save yet xD I have yet to find a super simple, clear set of instructions on how to do this, so pls halp :3

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
You're fine if you just enter it this way. however you will need the DNS for sure when you want to actually connect to the matchmaking server in the future.
There's still a DNS for this custom server right? And if there is, would it need anything else?

TheGoldMan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheGoldMan
3DS FC
1950-8066-7015
When should the hackless method be ready?

Last edited:

Rood

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Rood2790
So,hackless users cant connect then =o?
Not yet. I almost have a working riivolution project M though :) (which I can make into a hackless version once done.) I'll update you guys as I make more progress on it!

Last edited:

Chestosneakoinc

Smash Cadet
Just wanted to say thank you guys for all the work you're putting into this. Everyone who's worked on this project (Not just for Smash too) should get a cookie.
I think they might want to get more than just a cookie... a BlowJob

Last edited:

TurboPikachu

Wall of Pain
NNID
HyperChu
3DS FC
3394-3547-7986
I'm going to have to wait until the Gecko OS version comes out as that's the only thing that's really working for me atm. I can't get Riivolution, or DOP-Mii to work for the life of me. (Using v-Wii on Wii U, but managed to Smash Stack it into recognizing every hack/mod/hb from my old Wii.)

Last edited:

CatcherAndTheRai

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CatcherAndTheRai
What about just using the Project M Loader on the homebrew channel? Can it work through that?

Baltarc

Smash Rookie
Can someone please explain to me how to do this? I believe I added everything correctly, and I switch the sever thing from "GameSpy" to "Custom (USA)", but I still get the error code for discontinued Nintendo WFC.
I encountered this problem also. I've inquired about it on wii-homebrew and am awaiting a response.

Has anyone been able to use the Riivolution method successfully post-shutdown?

E: Received a reply on wii-homebrew. Evidently the "discontinued" error indicates that the game is still attempting to connect to the official servers and that there was something wrong with the patch.

Last edited:

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
E: Received a reply on wii-homebrew. Evidently the "discontinued" error indicates that the game is still attempting to connect to the official servers and that there was something wrong with the patch.
I'm sure they're currently looking to rectify this, do they have an estimate of when they might have the patch fixed?

LOGIA666

Smash Apprentice
I want Project M and all, but I just spent all of my time getting Homebrew and doing this WiFi thing on my SD card. I seriously don't want to have to use an iso file (I have the real goddamn Brawl disc for christ's sakes) nor a USB drive and some weird loader with "Ocarina of Time" codes.

I just want to be able to put it on my SD card, load it through Homebrew, go to stage creation and play PM online.

Last edited:

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Sorry guys ihave been verybusy and will update the thread tonight with new info. After that PLEASE try not to ask things that are answered in the op :(

Prof. Eibe

Smash Rookie
Hey,
thanks making this guide.
I´m the one who wrote the FC webformular and wanted to tell you that is it still possible to enter your code on:
wiimmfi.profeibe.at
If it isn´t possible anymore I will remove the form from my website and post further instruction how to save your savefiles!

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Hey,
thanks making this guide.
I´m the one who wrote the FC webformular and wanted to tell you that is it still possible to enter your code on:
wiimmfi.profeibe.at
If it isn´t possible anymore I will remove the form from my website and post further instruction how to save your savefiles!
You are awesome

OK EVERYONE I UPDATED THE OP!

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
sooo..If I don't care about my old save, and I'm fine with unlocking everything again, what do I need to do exactly? How do I connect to these custom servers? Do I just reset my save and connect and *BOOM* it works? Sorry, I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to this type of thing. I'm not even sure how to reset my save yet xD I have yet to find a super simple, clear set of instructions on how to do this, so pls halp :3
I unfortunately do not have the time or resources to walk anyone through doing this. I would recommend starting here to get started with Homebrew channel: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=12169.0 Then watch the video in the OP.

There's still a DNS for this custom server right? And if there is, would it need anything else?
To be honest I actually don't know if the DNS is required. I was told it was, but videos I'm seeing don't show that setup or mention it. If you have trouble connecting one way or the other, try changing your DNS.

When should the hackless method be ready?
I have no idea if it ever will be for brawl

So ha

So,hackless users cant connect then =o?
Not yet

Can someone please explain to me how to do this? I believe I added everything correctly, and I switch the sever thing from "GameSpy" to "Custom (USA)", but I still get the error code for discontinued Nintendo WFC.
There was a recently discovered bug in that patcher, don't use it, it will be re-released. I'm trying to help Diddy get the files for it

That guy21

Smash Rookie
Is it possible to find my friend code now that WFC has been disconnected or do I need to get a new one?

ShaDoW4408

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadow4408
3DS FC
3668-9102-9707
I registered my FC on the 18th before it wasnt able to accept anymore and im still getting the error code 20110 guessing I should go ahead delete this save file and go through this whole homebrew process I also know that I have freinds registered so thats not the problem

Last edited:

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I registered my FC on the 18th before it wasnt able to accept anymore and im still getting the error code 20110 guessing I should go ahead delete this save file and go through this whole homebrew process I also know that I have freinds registered so thats not the problem
20110 is not the same error code as 60000. it just means the patch didnt install correctly. are you trying the autowiimmfi patcher?

ShaDoW4408

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadow4408
3DS FC
3668-9102-9707
20110 is not the same error code as 60000. it just means the patch didnt install correctly. are you trying the autowiimmfi patcher?
Im kinda confused I thought if I had registered before the 18 on wiimmifi manually on the website I would be ok but i guess i registered to late and im trying to do the Homebrew right now

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Im kinda confused I thought if I had registered before the 18 on wiimmifi manually on the website I would be ok but i guess i registered to late and im trying to do the Homebrew right now
20110 means its trying to connect to nintendo's servers, which means whatever method in step 2 you tried did not install correctly, this has nothing to do with your friend code. if you see 60000, thats when you should worry

Last edited:

ShaDoW4408

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadow4408
3DS FC
3668-9102-9707
20110 means its trying to connect to nintendo's servers, which means whatever method in step 2 you tried did not install correctly, this has nothing to do with your friend code. if you see 60000, thats when you should worry
Well im going to go back through it and see what I did wrong ill message back here again

Halkite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Halkite
3DS FC
0190-0628-9257
Guide very much appreciated sir. Though it seems like a lot of work to set this up properly the first time. I might just wait until smash 4 comes out and have a good ol' time then along with some friends at home with project m in the meantime.

ShaDoW4408

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadow4408
3DS FC
3668-9102-9707
Got it working just wanna say fantastic job on you guys part all my stuff is still intact and I have all my memory this was actually a lot easier to do than I thought and if im correct the PM isnt working for homebrew yet

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Got it working just wanna say fantastic job on you guys part all my stuff is still intact and I have all my memory this was actually a lot easier to do than I thought and if im correct the PM isnt working for homebrew yet
Not yet, but I know at least 2 people are looknig at it right now :)

Andy1997

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the servers and all the hard work!!

But, if it isn't too much of a hassle if the creator of the wiimmfi app make USB support please?

My Wii's SD card is broken so I use the USB to act like a SD.

I'm alittle to unpatient, don't want to wait for the Riivolution fix :O

And just wanted to say thank you to smashboards !! All of you are awesome!! I always came to this site for TUTS,Awesome Textures, and even when Phantom Wings was active. Never bothered to make an account but what these guys did here is just amazing :D

Last edited:

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Error 60000 is as far as I can go :(

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Does a "condensed Brawl" .iso fit on 8gig flash for USB loading? and can that be modified to work with PM for the servers? Is there any place to get help on this?

Last edited:
Top Bottom