• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[GUIDE] Connecting to Brawl/PM Wifi post-WFC shutdown: Occasional server issues are temporary

Andy1997

Smash Rookie
I seem to be doing something wrong when patching the iso. Is the iso itself bad (even though it works fine to play using USBLoader) or am I making a silly mistake?

I get like the same errors as you but I got it to connect to the custom servers fine. I don't think we have to worry maybe it's just the app showing pointless errors that we shouldn't really care about.

Chestosneakoinc

Smash Cadet
Now wait! How do I use smash stack? Does it matter if I use riivolution or Gecko? Using this hackless method almost seems like I'm hacking my Wii so I'm just not so sure if this is a safe thing to do. If I plan to use riivolution, which would be the latest version that I need? Thanks for the Update!

Last edited:

Andy1997

Smash Rookie
Here is smash stack that launchs Riivolution

Smash Stack Riivolution :
https://www.mediafire.com/?luvbvfujkp3iaia

Mirror ( Use this link if the link above gets deleted or taken down ):
http://www.4shared.com/zip/NovHYv5w/SmashStack.html

the one that runs Gecko OS is in pidgezero_one's link, post above this one.

Smash Stack Gecko OS:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/3cp8f13b0hd8yok/vBrawl Smash Stack.zip

Heres a gct file for RSBE01 (NSTC), RSBJ01 (JAPAN), and RSBP01 (PAL) that only has the Wiimmfi code to use the server, if your using Gecko OS make sure you go to options and then set the Hook type to ossleepthread.

gct download:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/6t5n90a2aftmzk8/GCT Files For Wiimmfi.rar

Last edited:

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I have no computer until tuesday and won't be able to update the OP. Thanks andy!

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
For the record, I did end up getting on Wi-Fi via Gecko along with my codes and it works fine.

Isn't there a gameconfig.txt that allows you exceed the line limit? I had that, and the other .txt file with my codes, added the wifi code in there and then exported the txt. file with codemgr.exe (or whatever it's called). It worked with all my other codes, and so I can access wifi with my custom music!

Chestosneakoinc

Smash Cadet
Can someone do a tutorial to demonstrate how to do the hackless method? There are a few things that I'm still not sure what to do. The instructions doesn't seem to be enough to understand so a video would help a lot. Thanks guys!

Adrik

Smash Rookie
So we´ve tested a bit about Error 91010. The error appears at any time while playing or being online.This error shows up with the following message:
"Disconnected from network during transmission. Error Code: 91010"
This appears to only one person, the one who joined the room, and he/she gets disconnected from wifi. However, it´s possible to reconnect again with no problem.
The host of the room recieves a message wich says something like "You´ve lost connection with the other players. Returning back to menu" (Will edit as we test) and he/she goes back to the online Brawl with Friends menu.
This happens between two NSCT ISOs as well as between a NSCT and a PAL ISOs. We´ve tested with and without DNS activated, and we get the error in both cases.
If you actually search in the Nintendo Support Page, it seems that this error is caused because of the Wifi shutdown.

Last edited:

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Last edited:

BrawlyDude

Smash Rookie
I don't have an sd card. I am trying to play online with a real disc with a USB. What would the best way to do it becuase I am so confuse right now. Everything I do asks for a sd card :/. If you guys could help me I would be very grateful :).

Rood

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Rood2790
I will be adding this to my P:M archive today. Thank you so much for being such a bro for the community! :D

Edit: You will be fully credited, so no worries on that.
Thanks man! I greatly appreciate it! I hope everyone enjoys it!

Also if you don't mind linking me to that PM archive I'd like to see it!

Last edited:

Andy1997

Smash Rookie
I don't have an sd card. I am trying to play online with a real disc with a USB. What would the best way to do it becuase I am so confuse right now. Everything I do asks for a sd card :/. If you guys could help me I would be very grateful :).
get an sd card. I don't know any ways to do it with a USB because im guessing u have a non hacked wii and cannot emulate a USB as an SD card until you have the homebrew channel. If your trying to do it hackless then you 100% need a SD card because it doesn't support USB Drives

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
For the record, I did end up getting on Wi-Fi via Gecko along with my codes and it works fine.

Isn't there a gameconfig.txt that allows you exceed the line limit? I had that, and the other .txt file with my codes, added the wifi code in there and then exported the txt. file with codemgr.exe (or whatever it's called). It worked with all my other codes, and so I can access wifi with my custom music!
I don't use Gecko so I need someone else to write about this

Bluekandy

Smash Journeyman

How did you do this? Did you just load the game without the patch Edit: failed to read. What's that wifi code? I don't use gameconfig because it screws up online modifiers, i.e. character and item mods Edit2: Got the code. LOL Ok this is awesome, props to Diddykong

Also @ Andy1997 Andy1997 really interesting theory how you were able to connect with yourself. When you said they dc'd at the same time it gets me thinking, either it always dc's when you find someone in NTSC-U or it's caused by some server reset or glitch that happens at a set time

I still get 81010, I've also gotten 81040 once

Last edited:

FinalDemolition

Smash Rookie
So I did the hackless method and I'm able to connect. HOWEVER, I had to make a new save file with the steps provided. This caused me to lose everything so basically I have to unlock every character, song, and stage. I downloaded a save file on wiisave.com but I'm not sure how I can combine that save file with this hackless method. It is a .bin file so I'm not sure what to make of it. Is there anyway I can combine the save file and the hackless method so I don't have to spend the next month unlocking every single thing?

Chestosneakoinc

Smash Cadet
So I did the hackless method and I'm able to connect. HOWEVER, I had to make a new save file with the steps provided. This caused me to lose everything so basically I have to unlock every character, song, and stage. I downloaded a save file on wiisave.com but I'm not sure how I can combine that save file with this hackless method. It is a .bin file so I'm not sure what to make of it. Is there anyway I can combine the save file and the hackless method so I don't have to spend the next month unlocking every single thing?
Can you please show a video of you doing the hackless method? I'm a little confused on what I must do so a video would help a lot. Do you really need to make a new save file with the hackless method or something?

Last edited:

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
This is already covered in the OP

Chestosneakoinc

Smash Cadet
This is already covered in the OP
Dude! I thought you weren't able to have a computer until Tuesday as you stated before! You mind helping us out a bit more now? I'm not sure if you can show us a video on doing the hackless method as that would make the steps more clear to follow. And is the smash stack considered hacking or not? Even the hackless method still looks like your hacking your wii.

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Dude! I thought you weren't able to have a computer until Tuesday as you stated before! You mind helping us out a bit more now? I'm not sure if you can show us a video on doing the hackless method as that would make the steps more clear to follow. And is the smash stack considered hacking or not? Even the hackless method still looks like your hacking your wii.
I'm at sktar3 posting on mobile I can only answer simple questions because smashboards barely works

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I'll mke a video when I get home in the next few days

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
You can update that with my hackless version if you would like to!
Could you add the Wiimmfi coded gct to the (wifi-safe) homebrew launcher method? I'm not good with codes at all.

Last edited:

Chestosneakoinc

Smash Cadet
According to what FinalDemolition has stated, does this mean that if we use the hackless method we still need a new save file even though we registered our friend codes? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Mattchu

Smash Lord
NNID
Mattchu64
3DS FC
4167-4642-2080
According to what FinalDemolition has stated, does this mean that if we use the hackless method we still need a new save file even though we registered our friend codes? Thanks in advance!
I still have my old code!!

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I'm gonna need some time to sort all this out, dang I leave town for like 3 days and everything changes, expect a thread update on wednesday

KingDozie

Smash Journeyman
How are you suppose to open the gct to add the code for gecko os. I read the directions and i just dont get it.

Chestosneakoinc

Smash Cadet
How are you suppose to open the gct to add the code for gecko os. I read the directions and i just dont get it.
WHICH... leads us to the reason why we need a video showing us how to do all this complicated stuff! Anyone listening to me?

Top Bottom