• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[GUIDE] Connecting to Brawl/PM Wifi post-WFC shutdown: Occasional server issues are temporary

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
How does this process work if you've already moved all your Wii stuff to a Wii U?

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
How does this process work if you've already moved all your Wii stuff to a Wii U?
Step 1 is the exact same. Step 2 I'm not sure yet, but if your wii u can run usbloader it should be no different.

JNewton

Smash Rookie
Already did that with the games I care about the save file (Brawl, MKWii and Pokémon). I am curious for the lag that will be caused with the new servers.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Just out of curiosity, would I need to do anything if I've already never connected to Nintendo Wi-Fi on my Super Smash Bros. Brawl save?

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Just out of curiosity, would I need to do anything if I've already never connected to Nintendo Wi-Fi on my Super Smash Bros. Brawl save?
nope! Just step 2 whenever you do feel like connecting

Super FOG

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FOG2006
3DS FC
4253-3752-2801
did you enter this using method b?
Nope, I did it by inputting the DNS, and it worked.

Actually, I posted my FC because I thought we should be posting our FCs in this topic. LOL

By the way, I registered my FC in the Wiimm site and typed RSBE in the GameID field, but searching my FC in the database shows the ID as RSBJ instead of what I actually entered? Does this may cause some problems?

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Nope, I did it by inputting the DNS, and it worked.

Actually, I posted my FC because I thought we should be posting our FCs in this topic. LOL

By the way, I registered my FC in the Wiimm site and typed RSBE in the GameID field, but searching my FC in the database shows the ID as RSBJ instead of what I actually entered? Does this may cause some problems?
ah okay. you don't need to post your FC here but no harm done either way :p and no dont worry about that, it's a known glitch that everyone is having, tbtechwiz (the guy who i get all my info from on this project) says it's fine

lightdasher

Smash Lord
Geeze could you at least put ALL the regions for Brawl on the guide instead of just the American one? ugh.

RSBE - USA
RSBP - EU
RSBJ - JP

Last edited:

Cloud7z

Smash Cadet
Geeze could you at least put ALL the regions for Brawl on the guide instead of just the American one? ugh.

RSBE - USA
RSBP - EU
RSBJ - JP
It doesn't matter what region you use, it all gets changed to J anyway

camden

Smash Apprentice
Alright, so I set-up the proper DNS to use, registered my FC online, and tried a connection test using the patched Brawl ISO with the proper connection settings and everything is working so far. Is everything usable just yet or do I have to wait until after then 20th?

AuraSurge

Smash Rookie
Yeaaaaaah. I'm confused on the FC thing. Is it the Wii FC or Brawl FC that I input if I want to use http://wiimmfi.profeibe.at/

The same goes for all games, Wii and DS. Just the system's FCs or the actual games' FCs?

Last edited:

GOLDENMOP

Smash Cadet
If I did step 1, does that mean I can wait for the hackless method to be done and then use that, or do I need more steps, because I really don't want a hacked wii just to play online

PPV

Smash Rookie
I tried entering my code, but it won't work. And step 2 with the DNS won't work either. ;/ I'm not very good with things like this. What do I do? My code is 2363-5289-3293 if that helps at all.

Last edited:

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
It doesn't matter what region you use, it all gets changed to J anyway
Not only that but the site tells you what your code is depending on region so I don't know (or care) why he's mad

You're all set, but I wouldn't worry about actually using the server for wifi yet until after the 20th when other ppl will be on it too
Alright, so I set-up the proper DNS to use, registered my FC online, and tried a connection test using the patched Brawl ISO with the proper connection settings and everything is working so far. Is everything usable just yet or do I have to wait until after then 20th?
It's your 12 digit brawl Fc, you need to include the dashes
Yeaaaaaah. I'm confused on the FC thing. Is it the Wii FC or Brawl FC that I input if I want to use http://wiimmfi.profeibe.at/

The same goes for all games, Wii and DS. Just the system's FCs or the actual games' FCs?
Just tried it like 20 times and it keeps telling my my code is wrong,. >.>
I entered it for you, you're fine. What error are you getting fort the dns?

(sorry for the quad post im at a tournament trying to get to everyone as fast as I can but the text box on mobile smashboards doesn't scroll)
I tried entering my code, but it won't work. And step 2 with the DNS won't work either. ;/ I'm not very good with things like this. What do I do? My code is 2363-5289-3293 if that helps at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

PPV

Smash Rookie
So connecting to wifi with the right DNS, the one listed, will send your friend code and all that?

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
When I tried putting my code in it told me that it already exists in the database. So I'm good, right? Thanks to whoever registered my fc.

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
So connecting to wifi with the right DNS, the one listed, will send your friend code and all that?
Yup
wii u instructions?
Pretty sure step 1 is the same as wii but step 2 im not sure about yet.
I didnt enter my DNS yet.Ill do that afterwards but thanks for putting the code in for me
No problem :) you will need the dns to connect after may 20 but your fc is safe
When I tried putting my code in it told me that it already exists in the database. So I'm good, right? Thanks to whoever registered my fc.
Yup you're good! I've been encouraging people to add their friends.

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I will be making an update after 12am tonight about what your options are if you miss the cutoff

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
0734-3449-7839 I entered in RSBE but the server says RSBJ will this cause issues???

Linxord

Smash Rookie
NNID
Linxord
Will you be able to get an FC after all this wifi stuff is over? My friend and I can't do this right now and we won't be able to until after all this is over.

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Will you be able to get an FC after all this wifi stuff is over? My friend and I can't do this right now and we won't be able to until after all this is over.
Yes, but you will need to restart your Brawl save. I will be providing one in the next few days that has all characters and stages unlocked.

Blue Dusk

Smash Cadet
Do I need to erase the save (Super Smash Bros. Brawl) via settings or format the entire Wii? If so, when, after or before the 20th of May?
EDIT: Same do for Mario Kart Wii?

Last edited:

Tsunayoshi

Smash Apprentice
even tho i did step 1 (didnt put the secondary DNS server to my IP address and it still worked) and entered my fc on the website, i still get the 60000 error after 2 days

did i do something wrong?

Chestosneakoinc

Smash Cadet
I don't want to risk bricking my wii in order to do this DNS method. Is it ok if I wait until there is a Hackless method? How long until theres a hackless method available?

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Alright I got my FC in the server a few days ago what next?
Next you do step 2, if no method is a vailable for you yet then we continue waiting
Do I need to erase the save (Super Smash Bros. Brawl) via settings or format the entire Wii? If so, when, after or before the 20th of May?
EDIT: Same do for Mario Kart Wii?
Via settings is fine, doesnt matter when you do it (id recommend after the 20th though), and yes
even tho i did step 1 (didnt put the secondary DNS server to my IP address and it still worked) and entered my fc on the website, i still get the 60000 error after 2 days

did i do something wrong?
If your friend roster was empty it may have not been able to find you. Other than that wait a few more days, it might not be able to complete its work until after may 20.
I don't want to risk bricking my wii in order to do this DNS method. Is it ok if I wait until there is a Hackless method? How long until theres a hackless method available?
I can't possibly tell you that. It depends on how feasible it is, right now it's just under investigation. It might not even be created at all.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
I did step one, and I tried to use the riivolution method for step two, but when I click launch in riivolution, my wii freezes. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Chestosneakoinc

Smash Cadet
Next you do step 2, if no method is a vailable for you yet then we continue waiting

Via settings is fine, doesnt matter when you do it (id recommend after the 20th though), and yes

If your friend roster was empty it may have not been able to find you. Other than that wait a few more days, it might not be able to complete its work until after may 20.

I can't possibly tell you that. It depends on how feasible it is, right now it's just under investigation. It might not even be created at all.
I already added my friend code to the server so can I use the DNS anytime or before May 20th tomorrow? I'll probably have to hack my Wii then if there is no hackles method anytime soon.

Tryst

Smash Ace
NNID
Skolar
3DS FC
2750-1644-8369
So Wait, is this gonna ever be possible for Project M Hackless? I already have my friendcode registered and all. Thanks! :D

Top Bottom