• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
you just know they gave piglet a "special lesson" in humility last week
Piglet's Solo Q grind is ridiculous spending around 16-17 hours a day in Solo Q alone and getting around 5-6 hours of sleep. He is the "highest" potential investment to make in the long term for TL's best chance in Worlds, however not necessarily the most "reliable" potential investment to make. Especially when his core problems which are cooperation and communication continue to go unaddressed. Based on post-analysis from MonteCristo on SI, Piglet in many team fights gets caught on the other side entirely after a Jarvan IV ult and burns flashes and Sivir ultimates to simply catch up to the team or regain footing.

The TL management doesn't understand just how large the gap is and that Piglet continues to spend so much time in Solo Q because that's his comfort zone and him avoiding fixing his glaring problems which is familiarizing himself quickly with the English language or developing a form of shortcut communication & play style similar to Star Horn Royal Club in order to understand at moment situations without needing to understand the finer points of English. SHRC's strength and ability to pull off cooperative play by spamming pings was largely allotted to their strong enforcement of wards and having effective vision over the map comparative to other teams they were competing against for more of Season 4.

Going back to the first statement I made in the second paragraph, the cultural gap between Korea and North America are pretty glaring. Piglet has a lot of pressure on him likely from his Korean fans and family, not even necessarily from the NA team environment which is another problem because actual outcomes weigh much more in Korea than in North America. It may seem like I'm posting a conjecture here on little basis, however many of my relatives and friends who come to this country from Korea still tell me that the biggest reason they get nerves and need a smoke is because they are concerned about how their parents and relatives at home view the outcome of their accomplishments and how they can represent themselves to their friends when they go back to Korea to visit. A lot of Americans don't realize that a huge mentality of a lot of Koreans isn't to settle in America, but to use America to get ahead back in Korea. This focus on Korea can largely be detrimental because it can serve as a huge demotivating factor for him to get accustomed to America, if America is just one block to clear in his career.

The core issues with Piglet which of course will never get addressed in Team Liquid Press is what factors they saw in Piglet, even Piglet in his peak around 2013 that they thought would work with their team and how to get him to that carry status as an AD Carry. At least this gets mentioned In TSM's trashy reality YT series, they actually discuss creating carry potential and farm around Wild Turtle as a potential second carry threat against teams like SKT if Faker effectively outclasses him or the team focuses on shutting him down with team comps built around neutralizing his performance.

As far as Piglet reaching that peak he had, I don't think that having Xpecial is conducive to him growing into that mentality and star personality he needs to be this season by the time Worlds comes around and I even find Xpecial to be detrimental to his growth within the TL infrastructure. From what I've posted previously in this thread, Xpecial is incredibly condescending and snide in his neutral comments and doesn't really have any respect for anyone leading to him unwittingly doing things like talking about how Keith's initial performance with TL was dismal after he had a stellar first week when Piglet had visa issues and then telling him "good job Keith" like he was his pet.

I understand that TL is investing in Worlds by giving Piglet chances. However, I don't believe he is more reliable than using Keith instead in the long term. True, if all the stars align correctly then Piglet "may" reach his peak within the team. However Keith's reliability should give the team the best chance of having their best performance at Worlds rather than gambling on a less than likely outcome.

At the same time, I'm also ambivalent with how the Piglet investment actually turns out because of TL's horrible treatment of its League community and deciding to purchase out Curse due to the profitiability of the venture outweighing the management's disdain of being associated with League as part of their business model. In addition, TL had a chance at getting Forg1v3n, although again whether he would have been able to have the same stellar performance he currently does in EU LCS is debatable.

Last edited:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Yoooooo, so Riot literally copy pasted my suggested Naut change onto PBE.

On Reddit I made the suggestion to change his shield base to either 35/45/55/65/75 or 30/40/50/60/70 with a scaling buff, and mentioned that the riptide buff seemed like a slight bit too much, then, meanwhile on the PBE: http://www.surrenderat20.net/2015/03/34-pbe-update.html

Hire me Rito pls, I know you want to.

Last edited:

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Being carried by a Jax is fun. It's honestly fun to just watch a Jax player do whatever the **** they want.
thwack thwak thwak thwak thwak

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
My favorite champion to get carried by is Rammus, I love how he just ****ing torpedos around to the back of the fight, clicks on the enemy adc, and then the ADC just kills them self on Rammus. Its actually quite beautiful.

Then the ADC builds QSS and it just doesnt look as amazing anymore :<

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Meh, too many Vayne mains are ***holes so I prefer to see them suffer moreso than succeed.

Last edited:

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
So I recently got back into this, and I'm still not in ranked. It's pretty fun! Right now I'm maining Jungle, Support, Adc, and Mid in that order.

I'm just having a lot of trouble finding a good Jungle main. Shaco is a lot of fun, but he feels kinda lacking in a few ways.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
No jungle clear is one good reason shaco feels off.
And cause of being too slow from both autos early on and monsters ****** him after jitb dies. He needs to get gold from constant successful ganks, not farming.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Recommendations for Jungle?
Jarvan Reksai Vi Lee sin lol

If you mean just characters to pick in general, dunno on that. I'm honestly still finding myself too whenever I wanna tackle Ranked.
Most of my mid laners were nerfed or not even a mid laner anymore.

Top: Riven Liss (last one will always get banned and riven doesn't enjoy Maokai irelia gnar etc.)
Mid: Veigar was nerfed, Zed is ok in this meta but needs team coordination + nerf to attack speed is very noticable, Anivia isn't meta, **** playing LB and ahri, they most likely banned anyways. And fizz nerfed to being a tanky AD bruiser top. So Loss of liss gave me Fizz which I enjoy playing.
Jungle: Shaco never been viable but dammit imma play him still, Kha nerfed to hell and back for 3 seasons, anything else I play that's random like fiddle or reksai I not too good on.
AD: Twitch and Jinx only ones I'm rly good at, Jinx viable in meta kinda but goddamn if she gets caught by leona morg annie, she's dead. Not gonna play the likes of sivir kalista or cait etc.
Support: Thresh janna since S2 for janna and Thresh on release, don't like support in general.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Nah, not really in general. I have Morgana for Supp and Mid (plus random others like Annie), random adcs (haven't settled on a fave yet), Malphite + Alistar + Chogath for top, plus random other supports and tanks.

The only role I'm unsure on for my fave pick is Jungle. Shaco is definitely cool, but I feel like my skill level isn't ready for him. Warwick is way too easy.

Side note for any who haven't done it yet: Trist, Alistar, and Garen are all still free and come with a skin.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I really hate the new jungle meta because Its litterally just grabbing the ones of vi/reksai/j4/Lee that dont get banned. I have a good j4 but I can't play any of my tanky junglers. I Just want naut to be viable gdi, and I want to be able to play trundle without having to catch all these hyper mobile kalista bull**** champs.

I'm slowly climbing my way up mostly playing Nami. Supporting is the easiest way to carry.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Well for having tested it the cinder item is looking pretty cool on Naut, even with those W nerfs. Like, you can actually clear the jungle while saving your hp and mana. Also is it me or are meta junglers too low during their first clears to counter jungle ?

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Yeah it's still a reduction to 30-70 from 40-100. It's kay because the cinderhulk makes up for it and saves you the pain of going sunfire.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Well for having tested it the cinder item is looking pretty cool on Naut, even with those W nerfs. Like, you can actually clear the jungle while saving your hp and mana. Also is it me or are meta junglers too low during their first clears to counter jungle ?
If I'm counter jungling I clear Gromp or Red Brambleback, then I move into the enemy camp and gank them while stealing their buffs. If they aren't there, then I just steal their buff and debate clearing it so I have the timer on it. Whether or not you ganked or didn't gank while stealing their opposing buff and gauging whether you were spotted or not has a variety of implications for me on what decisions I make next. Regardless, the "safe route" for me is to backtrack back to my own buff, burn a flash if the enemy laners try to gank me after killing their jungler. I'm usually around full health though because I burn both pots during the altercation to make sure I come ahead in the trade so on rare occasions I can get a second kill/assist if my laners are considerate enough to notice. Clear my buff and my side of the camp and then head over to my other buff throwing a defensive ward if the enemy jungler wants to retaliate. Again not a big issue since I rarely run into health problems clearing any buffs if I'm doing it properly.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
I'm slowly climbing my way up mostly playing Nami. Supporting is the easiest way to carry.
My only enjoyment from playing Nami is when I get to watch people slowly burning to death... although by the time I get to that point I'm already 40 minutes into the game and more likely than not supporting a losing team that's won't even engage on a 5-man bubble. Or a 5-man caught in a counter-tower ult.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Shaco's clear is so bad I think Bami's cinder or whatever might be good on him. Just that, one tank item and rest being damage good enough.

Most good shaco mains apparently do damage jungle item Hydra and tank after that apparently anyways. I guess Maw counts as AD item but really it's MR.

Shaco rework when....

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Nah, not really in general. I have Morgana for Supp and Mid (plus random others like Annie), random adcs (haven't settled on a fave yet), Malphite + Alistar + Chogath for top, plus random other supports and tanks. The only role I'm unsure on for my fave pick is Jungle. Shaco is definitely cool, but I feel like my skill level isn't ready for him. Warwick is way too easy. Side note for any who haven't done it yet: Trist, Alistar, and Garen are all still free and come with a skin.
Shaco is a snowball champion which means that he's most optimal when he's played by someone who can continually get kills repeatedly. Because you're pre-20 with no runes in a hard to clear jungle, you can't begin to see how he comes together until you get six more levels and tier-3 runes. It's equivalent to playing as if you're already behind which isn't a bad thing, it's just that when you get your full rune pages it will feel like an entirely different experience in a positive way.

It's hard to gauge what your preferences are or what your champion picks are at the moment because your laning opponents could have +/- five summoner levels on you which makes a big difference, especially if they are a level 20 or 21. This makes it hard to gauage trades since you aren't on even footing, however if you play blind/draft pick you should for the most part be playing with people around your level unless you are really good.

Jungle is still a very fun role to play, however you benefit from playing all positions pre-30 rather than becoming overly specialized in just one role. You also don't know which champions fit your play style until you really reach level 30 and even then after you start playing ranked you may have a different opinion entirely on which champions fit your personality. For me personally I've reached a certain level of nihilism I don't lose x games because people picked y champions. I lose x games because people played in y manner which usually involves hyper aggressively pushing waves in areas deep into enemy territory with no vision of enemy jungle or no interest in overall map control.

This is a game about respect and when you realize how much disrespect goes on in games, it makes you reevaluate your perception on everything.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I miss old old jungle with naut, when you would start boots, rushstone+ heart of gold.
something about being able to build shurelias out of the jungle on naut felt so good

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Xin is also a really good pre level 30 jungler, and he's really easy to pick up (and getting a new skin lel).

And yeah, fiddle is definitely squishy, but he sustains like a madman in the jungle, aside from clear 1, he's practically always full health.

Last edited:
Top Bottom