• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
How ignorant, true Taric players know that he can play all roles.

Too bad Taric's middle name is pleasedontbuybanshee, I hope they don't screw up his rework.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I like how in a meta where mobility creep is a very real, very ridiculous thing (Hi Kalista) they decide that Veigar, a character with a mechanic that can actually answer to champion mobility, should no longer have said mechanic.

It's like they want him to get bodied even more while in lane. :applejack:

Last edited:

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Don't know if it's just me or if the quality of games vastly differ depending on the time of day I decide to play. On average, I get much better games around this time than any other time.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖

Thank god for people who are able to pref both adc and support specialties.

All three games were very one sided, however in more close games should I keep an item slot open for a pink? I personally see it as too much of a wasted slot since I tend to be the one tanking a lot of damage while providing a lot of utility for the team. I understand how OP Talisman of Ascension is but it wasn't needed largely because our team fight strategy was centered around someone initiating with a pull into our circle of death. In my Leona game the enemy team kept on going HAM on us, however we still had a "pull" oriented engage with Darius targeting someone and me following up with E+Q.

Also I keep on forgetting to upgrade my free ward when I play support. I just want to build that Locket of the Iron Solari and get as tanky as possible or get item actives to mess with the enemy team when they hard focus on someone.

Last edited:

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Why you keeping yellow trinket if you're going sightstone? Given the ward limit it seems like red trinket or potentially blue trinket would be more efficient. Then again I am playing at a level where I'm the only person who values ward control so my perception of it's lack of value might come from people never clearing.

Apparently females.
True taric players don't need girls!
Veigar gets a small bit of play in korea and they decide to gut him by giving a 1 second wind up on his stun.
Removing DFG JUST wasn't enough.
They gave the stun a 1 second wind up because they removed dfg actually.

I'm happy with it though tbh, veigar was always one of the most frustrating midlaners to play against because that stun is ult level cc at a massive range.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Why you keeping yellow trinket if you're going sightstone? Given the ward limit it seems like red trinket or potentially blue trinket would be more efficient. Then again I am playing at a level where I'm the only person who values ward control so my perception of it's lack of value might come from people never clearing.
I was being stupid and neglected to change over to red censor. That's just me being a dumb douche.

Last edited:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Just play Caitlyn its impossible to be bad at her unless you just are bad as a player,

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Nah, most Kalista players have at least some class, sounds more like Vayne would fit the bill.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
New support looks pretty cool. I feel like theres going to be a **** load of troll Bard players at first. Zhonya-ing an entire baron teamfight and just dancing, stuff like that.

Also I'm kinda sad about what they did to zilean. He actually brings more utility now than just damage+revive and zipping around the map. But my god is it hard to land it, you basically have to land TWO fizz ults with smaller attach radius that you lob instead of launch. Its really good but it changes his role a lot, it'll be a while till we see people coordinate him well with teams. Its also so ****ing hard to set up the stun in lane, he really needs an gank (if midlane) or adc with engage abilities to get it started. Kinda sucks that he isn't just a reliable damage bot + free GA every 45 seconds, but I get why they changed him.

But now like every other utility skill shot character, you're expected to be able to land your ****. He's just not that scary anymore right now, he has picks with his good slow, but in lane if you have to run up to them and slow them so you can try to double bomb them, you're going to take huge chunks of damage. He's probably good with like, ashe/varus/vayne and in a coordinated team still.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
BAD GAMES AFTER PROMOS ARE BAD. FORGOT TO EDIT OUT NAME. SINISTER DON'T TELL A SOUL.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I was gonna make a comment in my previous post on Bronze being a year behind and just finding out hecarim mid/top finally as a joke.
But with the whole AP fizz still... it might be true.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Got a PBE account yay, if you guys want me to test something for ya just go ahead and ask.

Bard is fun to play (even though I could only play him once in normals because people are either too fast in blind pick or simply dodge when I get him) and his E is broken. Q works with minions which means that you can stun an enemy behind his creeps, and the ult is confusing for how many options it gives.

Couldn't get him to clear the jungle but I'm not giving up yet.

Also love the new morde, and the new magic shiv looks like it works well on him.

Last edited:

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
Got a PBE account yay, if you guys want me to test something for ya just go ahead and ask. Also love the new morde, and the new magic shiv looks like it works well on him.
Mfw teluoborg traded his Smashboards Account for a PBE account and a Riot employee is trying to impersonate him and drum up positive PR with all the negativity about Patch 5.4. Riot please. I'm on to you.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Ayyyy

Well Morde is the one that got through that patch. If I was talking the same way about Veigar or if was happy with the jungle changes (5 AD) then it'd be legitimate to have doubts.

The only nerf Morde recieved with his "adjustment" is losing 60 damage and .05 ap ratio on his W while literally doubling its aoe.

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
the new veigar is meh. i don't think any veigar players will like it (i certainly don't). like, who wants to play a low mobility champ that now cannot reliably defend himself when one of the billion assassins jumps on him. he was finally seeing play in the usebase and they ruin the essence of the champion.

on the bright side, new support looks fun even if his damage output doesn't seem so hot.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Veigar's essence was problematic though, like a champ that's entire purpose is to one-shot and is bad if he doesn't oneshot. His only redeeming quality in design was that insanely good stun, but giving him instant ult-level engage at a massive range wasn't good either.

Player-3

Smash Hero
veigars old e was the best ability in the game that **** needed to be nerfed the second ppl started playing him lmao

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
New Zilean is so good, holy **** guys. Had this guy ****ing speed up and flash into the entire enemy team with Zil then double bomb himself as an initiation and got a 4 man stun, then he ****ing 99% slowed the adc and ulted himself so he didnt even ****ing die. I was so done holy ****.

Last edited:

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Passive used to be global iirc during Worlds which is why he was a popular pick/ban.

Last edited:
Top Bottom