• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good **** Armada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samochan

Smash Master
We've been pestering fuzzyness about a london tourney... which would be the easiest place to fly from america, I think the cheapest as well, along with being geographically prolly the best place for everyone from europe to attend. Sooo.... keep your fingers crossed. :o

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
I think I heard that Armada was going to come to Pound 4. Does anyone know if this is true?

Samochan

Smash Master
lol europe has mikehaggar to blame for all the hate imo
Pffff, as if. One person spouting something after genesis does not equal an entire country wide hate. Besides there is hardly hate, there is just arrogance, ignorance and underestimation, but sometimes straight up underrating and disdain, I've heard it all. I've been on smash scene for quite a while and I know the mentality most americans held for europe and still do, trying to deny what happened at genesis and what us europeans have been trying to tell all along. It's not exacly nice to get underrated all the time, especially when evidence of contrary that's practically thrust under their noses gets ignored time and time again. Many europeans look up to american smashers skill level, even admire, but the attitude is not something worth admiring though. However I do hope we're moving to the right direction in mutual respect and such, then learn more about the scenes and styles, hone our smash skills and make new friends around the globe.

JFox

Smash Hero
samochan, stop with the bull****. Like it or not, the US has always been #1 at this game. If it were Japan that was #1 for ~8 years, they would be saying the same thing, especially being uncontested regardless of the opponents thrown at it.

Its not that America is full of a bunch of pig headed arrogant people, its that until proven otherwise, we arent going to assume other regions match up because it has so often been proven false in the past.

Just look at EC vs WC pride. We always said m2k was the best because regardless of who u threw at him, he multistocked them. All of a sudden people throw at the name mango and EC doesnt wanna hear it cuz they are tired of names being thrown around. You gotta earn the crown, u cant just talk tough. Europe had there chance, came very close, but in the end still lost.

Armada absolutely proved something that day, but dont think its gonna change everything all at once. How long did it take mango to earn the title of #1 in the US? People still try to debate that ****. Old heroes die hard. People still say ``oh if Ken came back who knows``

Anyway, moral of the story is im sick of u calling Americans arrogant and stubborn, cuz if any other region (including europe) were in our place, they´d have the same exact attitude.

Samochan

Smash Master
Being best means underrating other people is okay, regardless of skill?

I know for a fact that if USA and europe's positions were reversed, for example, we wouldn't have underrated you guys or acted in arrogant or ridiculing manner. Why? Because we haven't acted that way toward our own countries for some performing better than others.

It's not about who's the best. It's about mutual respect and recognition. If there is mutual respect and recognition, which is the best continent becomes less relevant concept because both have amazing skills to offer, even if the crown would stick to it's designated nation.

I do not entertain any illusion that europe's average skill level would be as good as USA, we simply lack the amount of players in comparison. It does not mean however, that the quality is anything less, like how some people assumed armada couldn't make it out of pools, for example.

A little respect and recognition never goes wayward, however I wonder if I'm being a bit hypocrite when speaking of respect, then earlier talking about USA acting with arrogant disposition toward europe. Prolly am, cause it's disrespectful. :/

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
samochan you and mike are basically 100% of the armada hate.

with you guys identifying every flavor of every skin cell of his ***** 24/ 7 suffocating it with no room to breathe.

was armada under-rated hell yes, he was an unexpected surprise, but with you two slurping him the way you guys do why would anyone even want to see him succeed. and thus a lot of bitter hate for dude before knowing him.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
He is smiling because he finally caught up to you and is about to **** you as bad as Zhu ***** m2k in game 3 at genesis. (<333 m2k but.. lawl)

And I dunno why anyone would wanna steal from a turtle. People steal for the most ******** reasons sometimes.

Nizro

Smash Journeyman
[DO NOT READ THIS IF YOU'RE TOO PRIDE OVER YOUR COUNTRY, I SHOULD NOT TAKE ANY BLAME FOR WRITING MY OPINION/FACT]

I really hate how people start arguing over nothing but FOR NO REASON THAN MY OWN, I must say that Samo Chan does state a fact regarding America, you guys are the worst scum ever..

You are arrogant, you are noisy, you're pretty much as "in your face" that you possibly can be..

Your country got the most debt, like 3/4 of the worlds money, or maybe it was more, but you guys are like "I can't hold my finger over this button much longer, it's so heavy" so the rest of the world is like "ok ok, don't want to start a war.. ****ing *******s"

You keep going old skool, pumping as much 'gas'(tired, haven't slept for 2days, don't want to use any "advanced words")

So America, the rest of the world wouldn't be as arrogant as you.. Japan would probably pay you to come, if it were big enough.. or atleast travel to you even if they held the title..

Without meaning any harm at all, I say **** you America for turning into this..
---

Besides that, good job at Genesis DBR, must have been hard, *applause*

JFox

Smash Hero
You guys are ********.

Look at starcraft. Who is the dominant force? Do you think if all of a sudden people started saying that america has one of the top starcraft players in the world, koreans would respect this prior to testing these claims? Of course not. Stop kidding yourself. Yes, Americans are arrogant? And yes on an entire forum of americans ur gonna get some that say dumb **** like armada wont make it out of pools. Stop taking those idiots and saying they represent an entire nation.

edit: good **** plank, finally someone sensible

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
And as far as SC goes also, Americans who want to make a name for themselves travel to Korea and get *****. If one just so happened to go and placed well at one tournament it doesn't mean now Korea is going to start travelling to the states for SC tournaments. You all have admitted yourself you have far less players than we do and less competition.

I'm not usually one to be like "AMERICA, **** YEAH" but **** you nizro, who do you think you are? Do you think any of us individually have any impact on the economics of our country? This country is plagued with stupidity, republicans, and christianity so there's really not much most of us can do about it.

You hear about "arrogant, noisy, in your face" Americans because those are the ones who make the news and headlines. The average American does not feel they are above anyone else from any other culture, so please refrain from making those generalizations. It's EXTREMELY rude for those of us who are already sick of the stigma nailed to our culture to have to hear it over and over again when we try our best to get rid of those stereotypes. There are always going to be ******** people in every culture, and just because those few are the ones that stick out don't go and assume that the majority of us are like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom