• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good **** Armada

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
And as far as SC goes also, Americans who want to make a name for themselves travel to Korea and get *****. If one just so happened to go and placed well at one tournament it doesn't mean now Korea is going to start travelling to the states for SC tournaments. You all have admitted yourself you have far less players than we do and less competition.

I'm not usually one to be like "AMERICA, **** YEAH" but **** you nizro, who do you think you are? Do you think any of us individually have any impact on the economics of our country? This country is plagued with stupidity, republicans, and christianity so there's really not much most of us can do about it.

You hear about "arrogant, noisy, in your face" Americans because those are the ones who make the news and headlines. The average American does not feel they are above anyone else from any other culture, so please refrain from making those generalizations. It's EXTREMELY rude for those of us who are already sick of the stigma nailed to our culture to have to hear it over and over again when we try our best to get rid of those stereotypes. There are always going to be ******** people in every culture, and just because those few are the ones that stick out don't go and assume that the majority of us are like that.

I agree, and LOL that this is in the Peach forums. But nice post.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
I agree, and LOL that this is in the Peach forums. But nice post.
Same. like finding a diamond in the rough.

It's always fun coming in here for a quick LOL.

EDIT: Also I already gave out the necessary warnings. And Samochan:

Jove

Smash Journeyman
And as far as SC goes also, Americans who want to make a name for themselves travel to Korea and get *****. If one just so happened to go and placed well at one tournament it doesn't mean now Korea is going to start travelling to the states for SC tournaments. You all have admitted yourself you have far less players than we do and less competition.

I'm not usually one to be like "AMERICA, **** YEAH" but **** you nizro, who do you think you are? Do you think any of us individually have any impact on the economics of our country? This country is plagued with stupidity, republicans, and christianity so there's really not much most of us can do about it.

You hear about "arrogant, noisy, in your face" Americans because those are the ones who make the news and headlines. The average American does not feel they are above anyone else from any other culture, so please refrain from making those generalizations. It's EXTREMELY rude for those of us who are already sick of the stigma nailed to our culture to have to hear it over and over again when we try our best to get rid of those stereotypes. There are always going to be ******** people in every culture, and just because those few are the ones that stick out don't go and assume that the majority of us are like that.
oh my god im going to copy and paste this into a word document and use it whenever i need it

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
Okay, lets slow it down there.

No need to knock other peoples religion or political beliefs, thats taking it way to far.

Cia

das kwl
Nizro, do you really believe that?
the truth of the matter is, a LOT of Europeans feel that way. Especially the ones that post on smashboards. Not all, but A LOT (see how i didn't generalize Nizro?)

Another truth, USA is full arrogant, energy wasting people. And our economy is in a ****ty state too. But don't you wish you lived here? Because everyone else does. Jealousy is REALLY ugly.

also, Good **** Armada

ICYT

Smash Rookie
So much hostility. You would think a mutual love for Melee would bring people from all around the world together, but apparently not =[

Crimson)S(hadow

Smash Apprentice
just by the way the europeans in back of me in the pre reg line referred to armada, i knew he was top 10. then in the first day, m2k and armada played a friendly. ARMADA BEAT M2K'S MARTH ON FD. WITH PEACH. WTF?! i thought that was impossible.(even though,because of my m2k fanboyism, so many reasons go went through my mind on why m2k isn't what he could have been at genesis, getting his wii/gc stolen so no practice, losing his passion for the game, being rusty, ****ed up his controller before the tournament and was messing up jc grabs)

i knew armada was grand champion material then. I thought he would **** mango too since peach would live longer then jiggs if they keep exchanging aerials, and he did in winner's finals. i didn't know whether to root for mango or armada in grand finals, since he DID come a long way, all the way from sweden and having to deal with US home crowd, and sweden is awesome... but i found myself chanting for mango in the end.

Crimson)S(hadow

Smash Apprentice
You guys are ********.

Look at starcraft. Who is the dominant force? Do you think if all of a sudden people started saying that america has one of the top starcraft players in the world, koreans would respect this prior to testing these claims? Of course not. Stop kidding yourself. Yes, Americans are arrogant? And yes on an entire forum of americans ur gonna get some that say dumb **** like armada wont make it out of pools. Stop taking those idiots and saying they represent an entire nation.

edit: good **** plank, finally someone sensible
true, very very very true. love your jaedong pic

Ryan-K

Smash Master
So much hostility. You would think a mutual love for Melee would bring people from all around the world together, but apparently not =[
this only happened because jiggs vs peach is a stupid stupid matchup with dire political consequences =[

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
Hey guys

"Armada"

Now wait for about 10k posts of controversy over that

Including such classics as:
"There was only one tournament, doesn't prove anything"
"Europe isn't as good / NSTC johns"
"USA LOL ROFL WE R BEST"
"EUROPE = UNDARRATED STFU"

We've heard it all, guys

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
If this doesn't really go back to praising Armada for his placing at Genesis and repping Peach I'm going to have to close this. I would much rather it be praise until it slowly faded away.

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
All Hail Armada.

And everyone else from Europe, because apparently they're priy gud...

Cia

das kwl
Wow tec..

i need to introduce you to a lifestyle called 'sobriety' and why it's good.

in Sobriety, we don't serve tea in elephant *****.

Arc - if you closed this, i wouldn't even care. The European vs American debate happens all over the Peach boards for some reason =/

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Wow tec..

i need to introduce you to a lifestyle called 'sobriety' and why it's good.

in Sobriety, we don't serve tea in elephant ****.

Arc - if you closed this, i wouldn't even care. The European vs American debate happens all over the Peach boards for some reason =/
LMFAO

I'm not drunk that often :laugh:

My friends offered me alcohol. Its kinda hard to turn down FREE alcohol :laugh:

JFox

Smash Hero
So back on topic...

I was wondering if anyone from europe could tell me some things about the scene there. Is armada pretty much the dominant force in europe? Is it like ´´oh armada is coming to the tourney so no one has a chance at winning now´´ or are there players that often come close to/beat him.

I only ask because Im curious how the rest of the top players in europe would compare. Like if armada is that good, how bout the other guys?

Öni

Smash Cadet
Ok:
Armada is now clearly our best player. I think he is No.1 since 3 months, when he won Smack (~ 125 participants I guess) and ESA 3 right after it.
@ Smack he got beat by Zgettos PAL (pretty gay nurfed) Fox, but won through Losers.
Zgetto is atm No 1. in The Nethaerlands, before Amsah, but Amsah was No. 1 for like 3 years in Europe. So Zgetto is No. 1 for someting like 3 months in the netherlands I guess. Also Amsah placed 2nd @ ESA 3 and Zgetto only 4th, so those two are pretty even.

Those 3 are the Top 3 I would say.
Then there are the other Dutchies (Netherlands is like the best Smash area in the world^^), some Frenchies, Aldwyn, Luma and Ice, oh and I think Strawhat Dahean is pretty ****, too. (And the rest I forgot)

Yeah Armada is the best, but he has amazing competition and he isn't number 1 since a very long time.
+ It's actually very hard for Amsah and Zgetto to beat him wirh those nurfed PAL characters I guess =/

Samochan

Smash Master
Sorry bout my earlier behavior, the warning was well deserved. But anyways...

I agree with the above mentioned, but I'd like to add some names. Calle w's falco has a good record of actually beating/coming close to beating armada's peach and in overall is the second best swedish player.

For dutchies, there's Adam who's nearly as good as amsah, cept amsah has better nerves lol. Remen, former dutch champion before amsah stepped in but is still real good.

Poilon, Makenshi and Infernum are notable french players, makenshi beat zgetto on esa3, poilon beat aldwyn and faab on smack and infernum beat adam on esa3.

Strawhat has had a real good performance lately, going toe to toe with armada on esa3 and defeating makenshi and infernum on the way. He and overtriforce are also mad good in teams.

I do think though, that genesis has shaped up Armada so that the rest of our top european players are left in the dust no matter how good they are lol, but hopefully it'll motivate the rest to improve on a faster rate, Strawhat and Amsah especially are bent on defeating Armada on this upcoming french tournament The Super Lion, 7-9th of August. I wanted to be there myself and see Armada live and play against him, however circumstances played against me so I have to do with ajp's videos... *sigh*

JFox

Smash Hero
IMO the gayer you play vs peach, the easier it becomes to defeat her. If they are that bent on defeating the great armada, they should focus on learning to camp her like crazy, cuz imo its peach´s biggest weakness.

This is why I have stated so many times that Armada was lucky not to run into someone who is willing to/smart enough to play super duper campy. People bring up lucky and lunin, but they are really bad at camping imo, they are much better with an aggro style, which isnt the right style to be using vs armada.

Id be interested in seeing how the rest of europe would fair vs some of our better players. Recently Canada has stepped it up and started travelling a lot, and now it seems like more and more people and regaining interest in stepping up their game.

Samochan

Smash Master
I'm quite sure the aforementioned players, at least the dutches, would fare quite well against americans if they got enough ntsc practice. Armada beats amsah yea, but amsah's sheik is simply nuts and he has the same sort of mindset like armada has. He doesn't give in and adapts and his mindgames blow your mind (lol pun). His sheik would also get some boost power from ntsc and he does own ntsc, so he could practice. :3 Zgetto's fox is a mean piece of work, remen's is smart and cunning and, adam is mini-amsah yet he doesn't wanna be called that, faab is... unpredictable, I'd say. And he looks like ganondorf. =D Calle W plays real smart and accurate falco, starwhat has been stepping it up and I has available ntsc set as well, he actually wanted to come to genesis but in the end it cost too much. :/

It's not fun to camp though, but imo it doesn't matter much. If fox can't beat that peach with normal play, it's doubtful camping would work either, cause both plays need extreme timing and very accurate and smart play in order to get by in one piece against peach of Armada's caliber. Only on stupid stages like pokefloats fox is fairly free to camp as they wish, but that means armada gets to cp the next stage, IF he loses. I can also imagine pokefloats being banned on some tournaments here, like jungle japes and green greens (eew). Also stitchfaces makes apperance if matches drag too long lol.

Camping is also not quite as viable tactic on pal version as it is on ntsc version imo, simply due to the facts that peach needs more % to die from upsmash, uair can be sdi'ed and fox dies easier with shorter firefox, making mistakes all the more costly if you messed up when camping and only dealed miniscule damage compared to more direct approach. Most likely you will also perish cause armada edgeguards well.

I'd love to see more of our euro players on pound 4, but perhaps some american players in euro tourneys as well. Maybe at that london tournament if it comes up, should be the most affordable location. ;3

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Camping is also not quite as viable tactic on pal version as it is on ntsc version imo, simply due to the facts that peach needs more % to die from upsmash, uair can be sdi'ed and fox dies easier with shorter firefox, making mistakes all the more costly if you messed up when camping and only dealed miniscule damage compared to more direct approach. Most likely you will also perish cause armada edgeguards well.

I'd love to see more of our euro players on pound 4, but perhaps some american players in euro tourneys as well. Maybe at that london tournament if it comes up, should be the most affordable location. ;3
I would actually think that this would encourage more camping, not the other way around. Since Fox is overall weaker, but he is still fast and can pew pew. If done correctly it isn't miniscule damage compared to the more direct approach.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
People don't understand how hard it is to camp effectively. An opponent that's being camped isn't about to make any unnecessary mistakes. And the margin of error is very small for the camper. With that said, considering the nerfs of Fox, it must me very tedious and hard for Fox to camp in PAL. Whether camping is the best option or not is debatable.

It really comes down to what strategy the actual player prefers and is comfortable with.

People bring up lucky and lunin, but they are really bad at camping imo, they are much better with an aggro style, which isnt the right style to be using vs armada..
You're only half right.

Lunin doesn't do well against Peach and you're right, he isn't exactly the best camper.

However, Lucky is very good at camping. He might not be as good as Jman per say, but he is still very adequate. You probably haven't played Lucky or aren't familiar with how well he does against Peach, so I guess that's why you have such a groundless opinion.

But trust me, when Lucky wants to, he can camp. And he did a very good (gay) job at camping Armada in their set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom