• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good **** Armada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cia

das kwl
His placing at Genesis was the HIGHEST achievement of any Peach user, and it was certainly not expected. (at least not from me.) In addition, this 'piece of ****' character is now recognized by the melee AND brawl community as a whole and who knows.. maybe she's not so bad.

so.. Congrats

Europhoria

Smash Lord
*thumbs up* Didn't think there was a Peach better then Vince. Now I can taunt him that he's not the best. Nyaaaa

I hope his **** was recorded

4% APR

Smash Champion
i was shocked when i got a text that he had beaten mango. im not sure if he'll ever read this but excellent job armada

Samochan

Smash Master
I always knew Armada was the best peach in the world, after witnessing his Smack performance irl. Shame he didn't quite have it in him to beat mango on grand finals, I think the 4th match on first set, where mango rested him was the decisive factor, man should'a won that match, so close. D: The videos nonetheless will certainly be extremely awesome and I can't wait to see the armada combos he pulls off. <3

Darv

Smash Apprentice
I really thought you had it at 2-2 1st set 2-1 stocks up. But good **** on the amazing perfomance!

Can't wait to watch the vids.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I got a text saying he was doing some badass combos. I can't wait to see.

Man. This is awesome, I'm really happy for him and the rest of Europe, they really showed us. I wanted him to win really really bad.

Don't we all feel like ***** scoffing of Armada. hahaha man.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Armada's peach was so ****ing amazing. Words cannot explain how perfect it was, you'll just have to wait to see for yourselves. His use of Platforms and Uairs was so weird but awesome. **** Im sad I had to leave before winners finals :cry:

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Uhh, hate to break it Victra but I was Armada's fanboy from like 2 weeks ago lol. Check our PR thread.

It's funny cuz I said that Armada has the best peach in the world and that he's going to **** Genesis, and then Kage was like "no, he plays scrub spacies, Vwins is better". Then... Armada beats Vwins AND Kage CONSECUTIVELY in crews and takes 2nd in singles, beating everyone and their sister.

GG Armada, this Canadian had faith in you.

Paff

Smash Journeyman
I was there, it was awesome. His Peach is ridiculous. He's pretty much my hero now. Congrats Armada, way to own it up.

kpat

Smash Rookie
I was at genesis too. His spacing is amazing and he doesn't really make mistakes. His aim with turnips is also pretty prefect.

He took an entire stock off mango with a stitch.

Congrats and good stuff at the tourney.

SSBMaaron

Smash Cadet
it wasnt expected cuz americans are too ignorant to think some one from outside usa could be good lmao...
there were so many post about about armada getting destroyed in america and no way he could place high, i wish zgetto, remen, adam and amsah also went, im pretty sure they would place really high aswell now

Queen

Smash Apprentice
Hoorah for Armada's success! Now if only the vids were present...but I guess we'll just have to wait.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Someone needs to find all the quotes of Cort, Mango, Kage etc. dissenting Armada and then laugh at them.

Of a wider significance however is the tier list. We'd all like to think the Smash higher echelons aren't so fragile as to take one great placing and understand it as misinterpreting the character, but it's no coincidence that Puff is now considered by a lot of people to be misunderstood and top tier after Pound 3 and RoM.

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
Wow... I flipped out when I heard he beat m2k. None of us really expected so much, but he ***** at Genesis. Thanks for showing the world how awesome Peach can be!

I think the Peach boards owe Armada a collective round of applause.

GOOD **** ARMADA!!!

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
you have no idea.......
Yeah... it was potentially the last match for him as he was down 0-2 and he was playing one of Mango's best matchups (I assume Armada doesn't have quite as much experience playing Puff with Fox). If his Fox is anywhere near as good as his Peach... ****.

=D

JFox

Smash Hero
If M2k was the perfect marth player, than Armada is the euro m2k. They both have very similar styles, but with different characters. Armada is peach at her most perfect level.

Mango is just too smart, its not even fair. Armada was ****** and he just took it all in and started learning him. The second set armada felt so hopeless that he was forced to try something totally different by going fox.

casy

Smash Cadet
If M2k was the perfect marth player, than Armada is the euro m2k. They both have very similar styles, but with different characters. Armada is peach at her most perfect level.

Mango is just too smart, its not even fair. Armada was ****** and he just took it all in and started learning him. The second set armada felt so hopeless that he was forced to try something totally different by going fox.
I just reread your "My thoughts on why Peach is falling behind in the metagame". It's really interesting in light of Armada's performance at genesis.

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
Lol Corts not gnna care if people laugh at him. But yea all my EC bretheren told me this guy is the real deal. And I heard they gave him a huge round of applause after finals, so hopefully it will encourage him to come back to future tournaments. Itd be interesting to see how the rest of Europe would do over here since Armada pretty much *****. Make it to Pound 4 people!!!!!!

Also was talking to Eggm...and Jfox and Vanz can no longer complain about this character. No Johns fellas.

linkez

Smash Cadet
i would like to see mango post here and say he will care about europe =)

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Good **** Armada INDEED! Sooooo happy about this! I can't wait to see vids.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
I was shocked that Armada did so well. Him doing so means soooo many good things for melee and it makes me so happy. Congratulations on ******! Can't wait to see vids.

Cia

das kwl
Also was talking to Eggm...and Jfox and Vanz can no longer complain about this character. No Johns fellas.
part of me agrees, and another part of me is saying 'eff that.' Not to take anything from his win, but i'm pretty sure NO ONE severely laser camped him. Ask Eggm about our Grand Finals set at that KOTC a while back. it was laserlaserlaserlaserlaserlaserlaserx30 > top platform > repeat. that set, til this day, remains the dumbest set i've ever played and i took a 3 month hiatus after it.

so i still reserve the right to use the 'peach is a lame character' john should something like that ever happen again. :laugh:

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
I knew Armada was good for a while now, but M2K/Mango-good? I don't think anyone saw that coming honestly, especially because he used PEACH

I foresee a lot more activity in the Peach forum soon, for inspired players who want to pick her up. Peach for top tier!

R00R

Smash Journeyman
Watching armada play was painful... because one after another I saw him lose the first match to many of my favorite players. Then he would Cp them and learn their play style in the second match; then **** them in the 3rd match. I was truly impressed by him and was really worried that Europe was gonna take Genesis.

Then mango ***** him lolololololololololololol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom