• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good **** Armada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samochan

Smash Master
after watching a single match where he loses vs m2k you judge him. go to waffles' account and watch some SS vs Shinobi or Mango vs Shinobi matches, samo
I've seen those matches dude, same with vwins matches. >_> Besides even if he lost, I can very well judge how good he is cause he wasn't getting comboed 24/7 of the time, I'm good at analyzing videos.

On another account, I heard from tonberry that armada gave up on the second set, which I can understand for being like 2 times extemely close and then getting really pressured when people shout USA behind him. In europe we don't psyche people like that, we basically stay quiet to give them playing peace so they can concentrate and only when we see something awesome we might shout. Crews might get loud, but it's crews lol. After the match itself we clap and shout and whatever. So it's no wonder if this got to Armada and he gave up the second set.

JFox

Smash Hero
Those are straight johns right there. The entire tourney people were rooting against Armada, and he was playing like a robot never missing a beat. Armada lost because Mango is the smartest player in the world, and he simply was being out played. Mango figured him out to the point where he knew he was beat. R1 and R2 of the second set of grand finals armada was playin hard and lost. R3 he felt it was hopeless to win 3 straight, so he went fox on the off chance that his character switch would make the difference he needed to win.

Bottom line is no johns. Armada played perfectly in every set regardless of the fact that the crowd was always against him. No need to make excuses. He did a great job and came very close to taking a great victory. No shame in 2nd place.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
I love that match up. If you somehow super combo'd him in it X.X I will be so sad.
Almost as sad as the match he pulled EIGHT stitch faces on me.

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
I've seen those matches dude, same with vwins matches. >_> Besides even if he lost, I can very well judge how good he is cause he wasn't getting comboed 24/7 of the time, I'm good at analyzing videos.

On another account, I heard from tonberry that armada gave up on the second set, which I can understand for being like 2 times extemely close and then getting really pressured when people shout USA behind him. In europe we don't psyche people like that, we basically stay quiet to give them playing peace so they can concentrate and only when we see something awesome we might shout. Crews might get loud, but it's crews lol. After the match itself we clap and shout and whatever. So it's no wonder if this got to Armada and he gave up the second set.
shut up....

on topic: wish jman woulda played armada, anywho crazy accomplishment by dude

JFox

Smash Hero
Not to take anything away from armada, because trust me I LOVE this guys peach, but literally not one person camped him in tourney. Everyone just aggro'd him all tourney which is much much easier to fight than camp. Had he ran up against someone like Jman, he would have been straight gay'd all match long.

But evs, Jman lost to a pika so sux for him lol

darkatma

Smash Hero
part of me agrees, and another part of me is saying 'eff that.' Not to take anything from his win, but i'm pretty sure NO ONE severely laser camped him. Ask Eggm about our Grand Finals set at that KOTC a while back. it was laserlaserlaserlaserlaserlaserlaserx30 > top platform > repeat. that set, til this day, remains the dumbest set i've ever played and i took a 3 month hiatus after it.

so i still reserve the right to use the 'peach is a lame character' john should something like that ever happen again. :laugh:
lunin lazer camped armada on dreamland for 7 and a half minutes

darkatma

Smash Hero
He would have beaten them. Even if Darkrain is really good against Peach, Armada would just figure him out half way through the set. The kid is smart, like no other. Only Mango can compete. That's why I'm convinced that he's definitely top 3 in the world.

Only people who've played Armada would understand.

Let's get real. He did not throw away his set with Lucky. Though I didn't see what happened when he played Phil.

No he wouldn't. I wish he did play Armada but he still would not beat Armada. It doesn't matter how hard he camped. Armada memorizes patterns, predicts horrendously well and punishes like no other. He will always pull through. Only those who've actually played Armada a handful of times would agree with me.

It's interesting because... I remember doing well against Armada in a single friendly match and then he started to **** me pretty consistently right after. From another person's perspective, they'd think he had a bad game when in reality, he just memorized all my little tricks and baits that would take other players much longer to catch on too.

Take the friendlies with Lambchops. Armada and Lambchops were going back and forth but after about a couple of matches, Armada started to **** Lambchops (at one point he almost 4 stocked him).

Armada figures people out. Lucky beat him round 1 by camping hard but Armada won the set. DSW beat Armada round 1 but Armada still won the set. M2K beat him round 1 and... yeah, you get the picture.

Man, I sound like an Armada fanboy now o_0 (I probably am) lol.

you're actually pretty right this time

Armada's entire tournament record went like this:

match 1: lose
match 2:counterpick and win
match 3:**** them on their counterpick.

This happened vs lunin, lucky, shiz, and m2k, and they are assuredly incredibly good players.

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
why would you pay hundreds of dollars and fly halfway across the country to throw matches or even just not even try your hardest

i'm semi-seriously asking, because it seems to be a common claim
/see SilentWolf

Sometimes, you're just not feelin' it

Vegard

Smash Lord

Alright, now you're stupid. I don't even want to comment on the Shinobi part, basing his skill level on one match. Wow, you're such an amazing analyzer.

But please, stop johning on behalf of Armada, based on what you've heard from Tonberry. How silly is that? Maybe he lost a little momentum and motivation, but stop being Armada's spokesman and make up johns for him. You make him look bad. Stop it.

JFox

Smash Hero
yea im really sick of armada's little fanboy army. We get it, he's amazing. If it weren't for you ******* comin in here and talkin like u know everything, we wouldn't have been so closed minded towards him in the first place.

I love armada, but its really annoying when people talk for him. He's a cool dude, doesn't ever say or do anything disrespectful. I only love him cuz I met him and saw how awesome he is. But you guys really know how to turn an image of a guy into something negative with all this ridiculous talk.

Samochan

Smash Master
Alright, now you're stupid. I don't even want to comment on the Shinobi part, basing his skill level on one match. Wow, you're such an amazing analyzer.

But please, stop johning on behalf of Armada, based on what you've heard from Tonberry. How silly is that? Maybe he lost a little momentum and motivation, but stop being Armada's spokesman and make up johns for him. You make him look bad. Stop it.
I said I've seen shinobi on those many matches alright? >_> So not exacly basing it on one match, this match was just one of the recent ones. I'm not bashing him either, saying he's like the best peach in usa right now in my opinion is supposed to be praise right? Besides people asked whom they thought was the best peach in usa atm, so I just gave my opinion to that.

And I already stopped after that post. <_< If it came out like it seems that I'm downgrading mango's performance or than I'm johning for armada, then I apologise. This is not really the time or place for that, but after hearing many people say (not on this thread, only R00R) how mango ***** armada when in truth it was very even and 2 times it was way too close in him winning the whole tourney, it prompted me to post my earlier comment.

But yea, stupid comment is stupid.

Maybe we can get some armada stitchface action so this thread can get back to correct track. :3

JFox

Smash Hero
OMG HAS ANYONE SEEN THE ARMADA STITCHFACE COMBO?!

I witnessed it first hand, and it is by far the coolest thing that happened at genesis, hands down. When this **** hits youtube, you guys are gonna go crazy :) :) :)

Samochan

Smash Master
OMG HAS ANYONE SEEN THE ARMADA STITCHFACE COMBO?!

I witnessed it first hand, and it is by far the coolest thing that happened at genesis, hands down. When this **** hits youtube, you guys are gonna go crazy :) :) :)
**** I wanna see this too, I didn't know it was possible to combo jiggs with stitch. I only thought it was possible against fast fallers after fairing em. O_o

pockyD

Smash Legend
i'm not sure if i said it in this thread or somewhere else, but if they had played 10 more serious games after the end of grand finals, mango would have won at least 9 of them

he's the ****ing juggernaut, *****

armada did incredible to hang with mango that long, which no american player has been able to do for a loooong time, but by the end of their sets, it was clear that he was getting dominated

p.s. concerning the whole crowd factor thing, i think it really sucks the excitement out of the event when people have to remain quiet (tennis/golf? and even then, they only have to stay quiet in 10-30second spurts instead of 5 mins at a time); watching that grand finals with the entire crowd (even the bulk of the barlw people over watching) was probably in my top 5 smash experiences ever, and it would not have been anywhere near as good with everyone sitting in their chairs with their hands neatly folded in their laps

JFox

Smash Hero
if the crowd had to stay silent, genesis would have sucked for me. Screaming/losing my voice during grand finals was what made the trip worth it for me. Mango is constantly cheered against (pound 3, ROM) and he keeps his cool. Its not like forward who yells obscene things in m2k's ears to try to throw him off, we were just cheering lol. Trust me, armada def had plenty support too. A lot of people were doing armada cheers, mango just had more cuz its home court.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion

It's hard to tell who's better between the two. They both did extremely well at Genesis but PS had more notable wins. PS beat DoH, Rock Crock and Cactuar. Vwins beat Lucky and some guy named UberIce (who I hear is pretty good).

I'm gonna give it to PS just because he's WC lol. They're both really good. No point in arguing lol.

Also, a great number of the crowd cheered for Armada (including myself) when he played, except when he played against WC. Also, the crowd only went crazy when in the Grand Finals when Mango took a stock. Other than that, everyone was just quiet, biting their nails and watching. It was so intense!

Also, after every time Armada won his matches (even against Mango), everyone went up to congratulate him. In reality, no one really cheered against Armada, which just cheered for Mango.

And it's also believable that Armada lost his momentum after the first set in the Grand Finals but that's just how it is (especially when it's so close). Mango built momentum right after that, and took the win. Both players gave it their all. And it doesn't make any player less better than the other. I personally think Armada is on the same level as Mango. As far as records go, Mango has one more win.

But one thing is for sure, this rivalry is just beginning! I think Armada said he's gonna go to Pound 4!

Not to take anything away from armada, because trust me I LOVE this guys peach, but literally not one person camped him in tourney. Everyone just aggro'd him all tourney which is much much easier to fight than camp. Had he ran up against someone like Jman, he would have been straight gay'd all match long.

Actually, Lunin and Lucky (especially Lucky) camped him pretty hard. It doesn't matter if he played Jman, Armada would probably still win. Let's not get into the whole "what if."

When a fox camps Peach, it doesn't mean it's over. Peach has options.

/see SilentWolf

Sometimes, you're just not feelin' it
Silent Wolf was doing well against everyone in my pool until after I beat him. Then he just forfeited the tournament. I thought it was dumb since he still would have gotten 2nd seed and had the next day to redeem himself.

He says he didn't have his controller but it was more him not knowing hot to fight Peach more than anything. He still could have made better choices in our match.

i'm not sure if i said it in this thread or somewhere else, but if they had played 10 more serious games after the end of grand finals, mango would have won at least 9 of them

he's the ****ing juggernaut, *****

armada did incredible to hang with mango that long, which no american player has been able to do for a loooong time, but by the end of their sets, it was clear that he was getting dominated
Not really. If they played non stop, it would probably go back and forth (more or less). It's just the momentum Mango built that made it seem that way.

But in reality, Mango isn't exactly "better" than Armada. But I do think that Mango is a bit more clutch.

JFox

Smash Hero
Jman knows how to camp peach better than anyone IMO, but yea ur right what if's are stupid. I just wish armada coulda played some more of the "peach killers" aka jman, darkrain, colbol (i think he woulda beat colbol), etc. Maybe next time I suppose.

I played Lucky myself and personally feel that he's not very good vs peach, but then again it was just friendlies. Still I don't know why people feel he is so good at the matchup...

Samochan

Smash Master
Moar armada matches yauhz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFyq-TGyMCc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K80TYnAjqaw

Lunin camped fairly well on pokefloats, albeit he could've done a bit more lasers... but I guess armada was just too good at dodging and shielding those lasers and lunin was scared when he was at close quarters cause armada capitalised well on his movement mistakes. The match itself is kinda boring till the end lol, first match is better.

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
Jman knows how to camp peach better than anyone IMO, but yea ur right what if's are stupid. I just wish armada coulda played some more of the "peach killers" aka jman, darkrain, colbol (i think he woulda beat colbol), etc. Maybe next time I suppose.

I played Lucky myself and personally feel that he's not very good vs peach, but then again it was just friendlies. Still I don't know why people feel he is so good at the matchup...
After playing lucky a few times in tourny, and watching some matches of his, I can assure you he is good at the matchup.

Still, im like 90% sure Jman would've still lost to Armada. So many have said it, and i'll reiterate it, Armada is too smart.

pockyD

Smash Legend
Not really. If they played non stop, it would probably go back and forth (more or less). It's just the momentum Mango built that made it seem that way.
the momentum is exactly what i'm talking about

i don't think i said mango is way better than armada or anything, and if i did, i probably misspoke

Silent Wolf was doing well against everyone in my pool until after I beat him. Then he just forfeited the tournament. I thought it was dumb since he still would have gotten 2nd seed and had the next day to redeem himself.

He says he didn't have his controller but it was more him not knowing hot to fight Peach more than anything. He still could have made better choices in our match.
i wasnt doing well vs anyone at the tournament at all at any point in time actually =P
there was no point in going on, i would have lost to just about anyone, i didnt get to practice because my controller broke, and the one i was playing with was really bad and i couldnt beat anyone half as good as me, just clarifying. mm me if you think you really should have one, just sayin

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
LOL whatever you say kid.

the momentum is exactly what i'm talking about

i don't think i said mango is way better than armada or anything, and if i did, i probably misspoke
If they extended the set who knows what would happen. If Armada won a match, he'd ride the momentum just as well as Mango. It's really hard to tell what could have happened. I still think the loss of the first set affected him pretty really bad. But then again, Mango is pretty clutch. Who knows what will happen if they play again next time. =\

He beat Xelic and 2 or 3 stocked Armada first round on Dreamland. He's very good against Peach.

Lucky does sandbag in friendlies, especially against Peach. He hates camping. He does it if he has to but he just can't take camping (kinda like Cactus lol). It's the reason he lost to Vwins (no johns though). He played three Peaches in a row and told me that he is NOT going to camp again (but he sorta did) and got gayed in their set.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
ahhhhhh armada

good stuff yo

IT took me a while 2 get the jist of what u were doing

usually takes me like 2 stocks =D

good **** son

rematch one day <3

IN THE END

I won 8 matches

u won 5

not bad lol <333

Cia

das kwl
yea im really sick of armada's little fanboy army. We get it, he's amazing. If it weren't for you ******* comin in here and talkin like u know everything, we wouldn't have been so closed minded towards him in the first place.

I love armada, but its really annoying when people talk for him. He's a cool dude, doesn't ever say or do anything disrespectful. I only love him cuz I met him and saw how awesome he is. But you guys really know how to turn an image of a guy into something negative with all this ridiculous talk.
Quoted for RIDICULOUS truth. it's the same thing with SS. tone down the Fan boy **** plz.

<3

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
It's hard to tell who's better between the two. They both did extremely well at Genesis but PS had more notable wins. PS beat DoH, Rock Crock and Cactuar. Vwins beat Lucky and some guy named UberIce (who I hear is pretty good).
UberIce is a Florida Ice Climbers player, and he is **** good.

Funny how Vwins had to fight UI and Shinobi had to fight RockCrock. (they're siblings, btw)

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
Quoted for RIDICULOUS truth. it's the same thing with SS. tone down the Fan boy **** plz.

<3
Actually the reason for the fanboyism is because he'd been given no credit for so long. Now there's proof, so you should expect all those people who said "OMG ARMADA IS 22 GUD" to take the opportunity to say "OMG I TOLD U SOOOO." The fact that his achievement is still being underplayed isn't going to temper the fanboys taunting.

The best thing to do to stop the fanboys is to stop complaining about them. Steal their thunder. If everyone came in here and said, congratulations Armada, there'd be no bickering.

That said, I've had my eye on him for a while but always attributed a little of Armada's success to being a PAL peach. Obviously this was wrong. Congratulations Armada.

Thanks for restoring my faith in Peach, and taking all my johns away about not being able to win.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Armada is too good! like Isai Prime good xD

Much respect dude and good stuff for keeping peach alive. =D

I guess Dogy is busy so he can't keep an eye on this thread right now but please guys. Keep the negativity out of this thread. Give the man his props and leave it at that. That goes for everyone.

Thank you.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero

Jman lost to the best pika. No johns.

TANK64

Smash Lord

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K80TYnAjqaw

Camping Fox?

Eval

Smash Journeyman
You guys should have seen Armada in Crew Battle. That was fun too.

Man why us international crew had to face CANADA in crew battles... WTF?!?!?!? Why not Canada vs a US region and International vs an US region too. Doesn't make sense..

About the fanboy thing well hes pretty good and **** and a cool dude to chill with but there's time fanboys makes ppl hate the guy for no reason. Like Bombsoldier times, he got so much hype that when he returned to US and lost people were like upset and evrything...

Here's a pic of Armada and me before we left Sunday. ^_^

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
again good stuff arrmada... the lunin vid showed bad camping.... needs to watch his spam vids. no offense to anyone but even the waffles mentions it in the commentary.

anywho the fact that we're discussing someone playing at the gayest of gay levels with spacies against peach to try to win shows how good dude is

strawhats

Smash Master
Good **** Zimmerman look alike. Your peach is nasty and keep ******... hope that you show up at Pound, and bring Amsah, Faab, Zgetto, Adam w/., Remen, and Strawhat dahean.... his name is so much win.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend

lol wut

Lucky camped him on Dreamland the entire game and didn't ever leave the safety of the high platforms for a period longer than 10 - 15 seconds.

The fact that he couldn't camp Armada super duper amazingly hard on Pokemon Stadium isn't the fault of Lucky but the fault of the stage. There's no third platform. That's all there is to it.

Lunin counterpicked him to Floats and tried to camp him to time.

Isn't two people trying to gay him to death enough? It sure seems like Lucky can be just as gay as Jman in that matchup...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom