• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GMC Presents : TNJ! Febuary 10th/11th. Yeovil, Somerset. PROPER UPDATE FIRST PAGE!!1

grayfox

Smash Champion
I don't care, i use the same rule as Jam >_>;

I do like the idea of banning a stage of choice before the set though, but i'm just used to doing that lol.

J03

Smash Master
sorry to hear that Ed, hope to see you for Edmas, and i hope i can make your smashfest (thanks again for the invite ^_^)

...my ability to double post without realising is amazing -.-

Khaine

Smash Journeyman
@BB: the singles tournement is on the sunday.

saturday is doubles + whatever the crap else.

i myself wont be appearing until after 3pm on the saturday, as i cant get the time off work. but then, i detest doubles. well, anything more than two players XD

-x-

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
l4dy, problem..me and alex have to leave at 3pm on sunday -_- thats not fair on us, and we already booked tickets. alex has a long journey home, and my journey is a bit long too and i got work to do..sunday is prob the worst day for anything tourney wise, seeing as edmas we left at like 7am for a coach

Darv

Smash Apprentice
Firstly sucks that Ed cant come =( (1 Peach player down =D)

Singles is a little worrying, hope i can get all my games done in time =)

Teams are amazing GG

sucks i cant use rainbow ride ;(
No Johns Charlie

Omadon

Internal Combustion Power
this is INCURABLY lame >_< I am now forced to make a descision - some people don't seem to be able to stay late on the sunday, however. Jay is working untill 3 on the saturday, and if he doesnt go I do believe he'll most likley lose his job, and Ben is at his Dad's ****ing wedding till Sunday >__<!

It looks like I'm going to be forced to change it. I'm going to speak to Jay and Ben about this first - see if theres ANY WAY they can make it earlier, failing that. I'll post back later tonight, along with a stage list xD Which I'm probably going to blag from MLG or something. This change of times seems somewhat inevitable unforutnetly, I at least want to speak to those of my crew who can't make it first.

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
"It looks like I'm going to be forced to change it."

Do you mean forced to change the date of the tournament?
If so I'm done,not going.I've booked my tickets for this and I dont have alot of money.
Also cant you just do teams til 3 and then singles when Jay arrives?

Twiggy_Ramirez

Smash Apprentice
it should not be changed considering 2 people have difficulty; and many more have organised to travel up and furthermore leave at the right time...

i sympathise with charles and alex but its impracticle to change plans after people have booked...

especially as the greater majority have asked specifically for sunday; the best and most logical option is to start very early and make sure everything is cleared up by 3:00

which will mean an 11:00 start; i forgot how long AR and Edmas singles took but i imagine 4 hrs is alright... considering we'll have 10 set ups we should be pretty sharpish

Twiggy_Ramirez

Smash Apprentice
half the locals arent availible on the saturday; and partciulary the northern lot; ie SDB can only arrive on the sunday morning...

also means no "im out of practice" "my hands are cold" or "im warming up" johns.

Darv

Smash Apprentice
LOL i cant believe you would think of changing it, leave it be, but if possible singles on saturday would be awesome. Please dont change anything for the sake of me and Charles XD

Edit: Twiggys post, now i see =(

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
The only northern SDB player coming is BigMan. When does he arrive?

Singles on the saturday would be a lot easier in general. Hold it in the afternoon. If you're quick about the pools (Each pool to a TV, walk around and make sure each match is happening) Then order everyone to the matches like crazy in the brackets (When someone reports a win/loss, make sure everyone involved in the match who has another game to play knows who their opponent is, and gets to their game ASAP) then you should be alright.

I'd set aside about 5/6 hours just to be safe, but you can do it in well under that. The 5/6 hour thing just gives you time in case of the worst.

Omadon

I never ment to actualy change the date xD All I ment was hold it on saturday. Basicaly - I went and spoke to the people who own the venue, and they said I can keep it open untill 12 either night, so I was thinking of perhaps running pools on saturday night? Cos Ben (The guy from my crew who has his fathers wedding to go to) might be able to get down for about 8ish, that leaves us 4 hours to do pools, and if it takes longer we can finish off on the sunday? How does this sound? I'm terribly sorry to anyone who can't stay over at all, were offering places for everybody and my priority is kinda towards my own people :p I'm just going to try to make sure that the maximum number of people get to play.

Is stevie definetly not turning up till sunday though? If so that ****ing sucks >.> Can everybody post up/PM me with what day they can actualy arrive on? I need to get a better idea of when I need to run things. Anyway, I'm ignoring Pip - as I'm over hers. Will post more later!

THE JUDJE

Smash Cadet
I dont see why we still cant keep singles on sunday (understands problem with charles and alex leaving 3ish on sunday)

but if started 10 - 10:30, would there be enough time?

mayb difficult for me doing singles on saturday eve

Chris Jericho

Smash Cadet
"Cpt.Zeppo: Why dont you hold singles on the Saturday?"

i second that. it seems most people are generally available on saturday. or did i get that wrong:S I don't mean to "mix-up" the organisers (because i can only imagine how tedious running a good tourney can be.) its just a suggestion

Omadon

Right - pending an answer from Ben as to when he can make it on saturday, assuming he can make it on saturday - I'll postpone it for him to arrive. Failing that, I'll run singles at 3 on saturday. Singles are definetly starting on saturday. The only thing now is that if Ben can make it then I'm going to hold on a bit for him. Though this is somewhat unlikley, so in all likleyhood Singles will be at 3PM on Saturday - and we have the hall till 12 so everything will be fine.

SGT Stevie

Smash Journeyman
Rainhill - its small but everyone drinks.
I'll be arriving in Yeovil Friday afternoon and leaving Sunday morning. Need to make sure I'm in uni on the Monday (3rd year Maths=****e). I'm sure I said these times earlier on in this forum. If I'm just imagining this ignore me.

I think I'm teaming with Jam in doubles if I'm around when it happens Charles.

Could you say for definite when everything is?

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
Euan might not be coming to this cause the organisation is so legendary.If he doesnt come,Charles you wanna team?

Also MM's anyone?
I request MMs with:
Doug
Stevie
Twiggy
Caleb
Jam(Falcon ditto,Falco ditto?and main(s) vs main(s))?

monty06

Smash Ace
i assume they will probs do doubles between 11-3 on saturday if people r there for it if not it will be on sunday

Omadon

Paul's right. I've ammended the first post - Singles is definetly on at 3PM, and Doubles will be fit in before then if we have the people, if not we'll just do it sunday.

I appologise if my capacity to organize is utterly shocking. I think next time I choose to do anything, I'm going delegate job of secretary/official guy-who-kicks-me-in-the-face to Joey >.> Give me a chance eh? With any(Alot) of luck, this should be awesome o.o Venue is perfect, crowd is good. Admitedly there has been some(Alot) of confusion on many peoples behalfs, but I ask - people such as Euan. Please, make the effort, and I'll return in kind should you ever run one yourself. When it all comes down to it I'm not going to **** this up, and if I manage to, by some twist of fate, I promise you can all drag me out back and stone me till your all satisfied.

Long story short, have a little faith :p

Khaine

Smash Journeyman
right.

anymore issues while we're at it?

if ben cant make the saturday at all, we can at least run pools that day. have his pool play all their games bar the ones involving him, and have those played first thing sunday, and then finish singles o.o

also, a list of definate confirmations would be helpful. id like to have the pools etc. drawn up before the event if possible.

-x-

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
Expect alot of people to play like crap on Sunday morning.
Who is Ben?

EDIT-wouldnt Stevie be priority,considering he is travelling for 12 hours?

Omadon

I've already spoken to Ben - I've told him I'm doing it without him. It's lame as sin and I ****ing hate to do it but theres nothing else I can do >_<

Bronze

Smash Journeyman
You can confirm me as coming.

I'd think that if doubles AND singles were on saturday then low tier would happen sunday. But its probably more realistic that it will be friendlies and singles saturday, teams sunday.

Twiggy_Ramirez

Smash Apprentice
yes i may sort the next tnj just to make sure its done way in advance...

and Zeppo! sounds fun; not sure quite why u want a MM apart from.. well er... money

but sure; as long as i get some closure afterward :3

and im glad bronze is coming; should be a great improvement havent seen him in months!

Top Bottom