• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior #Geno4Smash - Everyone's gotta do their part! Vote Geno

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman
oMG IS IT ?! PLEASE TELL ME IT'S REALLY GENO I EVEN GOOGLED "JINO VIDEO GAME CHARACTER" JUST TO BE SURE AND ONLY GENO APPEAR I'M HOLDING ON HOPE LIKE THERE'S NO TOMORROW QAQ
Please Sakurai, I know how powerful you are but please don't troll us with a Geno costume only, even if it would be great already, I wish you could give us the full character I love you Sakurai please love us in return-- *shot*

Last edited:

Chico2099

Smash Apprentice
Sorry for the confusion guys, The guy who sent me the data thing had two youtube accounts and he sent the message to me on both of his accounts according to him he was having issues getting his messages to go through on his primary account so he used his secondary to make sure I got the message. Sorry but, I have no evidence to support his claim unless a data miner can actually go look through the update files and find it. He also asked that he remain anonymous. Which is fine with me considering we don't know if this true or not and he is a subscriber to my channel and I am loyal to my fanbase. With that said, has anyone been able to look through the files and verify or deconfirm what this guy is saying? I had no idea Jino was the Japanese name for geno so now the data line actually makes sense lol.

So does anyone know how to look through the files? Or do you know someone who can? This is actually hyping me up and I don't even know if this is legit Is there a way we can find the files online?

Last edited:

NateCurtis(NJC)

Smash Apprentice
So a few of my Youtube subscribers have sent me this odd bit of data that is supposedly in the latest Smash Brothers update. I don't know anything about coding or data mining so I was hoping someone here may be able to confirm whether or not this is real.
data:00BE01H4 DCD aCcshop_jino+7 ; "Jino"
So I just want to know if this is real they say that is data for Geno from Mario rpg but, It just looks like jibberish to me.
Do you guy's remember the guy who data mined the patch with all the dlc character's like roy and ryu well we should tweet him and ask him to find the code that you found and to see if it's real and if it's real somebody gotta tweet etika.......I mean YOUNG RAMSEY.Here's the link to the data miners twitter https://twitter.com/RandomTBush
hey guess what, this day is a special day for me, do you know why?
ITS MY BIRTHDAY!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY:grin:

Chico2099

Smash Apprentice
That "leak" is extremely fake.
Random talking bush says he found no evidence of new dlc characters. So as of right now I'm agreeing with Chandelure if Bush didn't find it then it may very well be fake. Sorry for getting anyone's hopes up but, don't give up there is always a chance Geno could show up somewhere down the line.

NateCurtis(NJC)

Smash Apprentice
Random talking bush says he found no evidence of new dlc characters. So as of right now I'm agreeing with Chandelure if Bush didn't find it then it may very well be fake. Sorry for getting anyone's hopes up but, don't give up there is always a chance Geno could show up somewhere down the line.
I have hope that it's real,but if it's not then I still have hope for geno to get in smash

Last edited:

Revibe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Revibe
3DS FC
2380-4883-4721
I'm not saying that King K. Rool is just a costume. I want to point out that Samus became a costume as well. If anything, it could be confirmation.

Also the Jino 'coding' sounds incredible! INCREDIBLE! Seems like we have really been heard by Nintendo! Thank You~!

Also Happy Birthday Geno Boost! :D I'll be joining you on the Birthday Train this month as well!

Revibe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Revibe
3DS FC
2380-4883-4721
I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the 'jino code'. If I worked for Nintendo/Square and was browsing this thread and didn't want others to SPOIL THE SURPRISE, I would say it's fake, to keep the long awaited ... ;D

I have heard they were setting up a Password System in this game. Surprisingly, I can't say it isn't on the character select screen, you know as a front. That Up, down, hold select junk is so late 90's. If they were going to do something unique, I would guess they would have a whistle into the microphone at the 'Lucina wants to join' screen........
;I really have to leave you hanging now; However, didn't you guys pick up that Smash U and Smash 3DS is still not the project "Smash Universe." I don't have the link, but in one of latest interviews it slips, and Sakurai still called this project Brawl. I am still looking forward to that Stop and Swap feature, for story mode haha.

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the 'jino code'. If I worked for Nintendo/Square and was browsing this thread and didn't want others to SPOIL THE SURPRISE, I would say it's fake, to keep the long awaited ... ;D

I have heard they were setting up a Password System in this game. Surprisingly, I can't say it isn't on the character select screen, you know as a front. That Up, down, hold select junk is so late 90's. If they were going to do something unique, I would guess they would have a whistle into the microphone at the 'Lucina wants to join' screen........
;I really have to leave you hanging now; However, didn't you guys pick up that Smash U and Smash 3DS is still not the project "Smash Universe." I don't have the link, but in one of latest interviews it slips, and Sakurai still called this project Brawl. I am still looking forward to that Stop and Swap feature, for story mode haha.
Not to kill the moment or anything but I would not take any stock into any claim about any leak unless there was extremely compelling evidence to back it up. Especially any claim involving Geno given how prevalent Geno haters apparently are and how they would have a vested interest in faking something like that just to humiliate the Geno fanbase.

RSF-Blue bomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lethlintejection
3DS FC
5069-3977-0380

man i really wish it was real tho. i got my hopes up for nothing. oh well with the release of super mario rpg on the virtual console im sure geno will get more fan support and sakurai will finally notice the community.

Last edited:

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
hey guess what, this day is a special day for me, do you know why?
ITS MY BIRTHDAY!
Happy 15th Birthday, @ Geno Boost Geno Boost from 5 days ago
shantae_and_the_birthday_cake_by_zeolightning-d8jcxll.png
and hopefully that Nintendo and especially SQUARE-ENIX needed to negotiate with each other to put GENO'S Copyrights issues over with this time of 2015 now and #GenoForSmash
Smashified, Geno!.png
The_Window_of_Wishes_by_ArcZero Geno!.jpg

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I randomly came across this video, has it been posted before? Some Geno hack gameplay:

Geno is like one of those cult classic characters that we all know and love. He's a pretty cool guy too, so I wouldn't mind seeing him.

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
I randomly came across this video, has it been posted before? Some Geno hack gameplay:

Geno is like one of those cult classic characters that we all know and love. He's a pretty cool guy too, so I wouldn't mind seeing him.
That model they use never looked right to me. I think it's the wooden lines they put on his limbs and face. Geno wasn't actually that detailed in SMRPG and Geno's the kind of character that looks creepy as hell with too much detail like that. He needs to be simple and cartoonish.

It is a really nice hack though. Almost makes me wish I had Brawl so I could get it.

Last edited:

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
guys we are getting so close on seeing Geno and Mallow back!!!
this was posted by an Artist and Animator at Nintendo, she said something on her post:
"Super Mario RPG has been a topic lately at the studio so Geno felt right to draw :)"

source: http://lazuliro.tumblr.com/
Wait, was that drawing from someone at Nintendo? I thought it was just fanart.

EDIT: I had a look at her Tumblr page and her art style does look familiar. I do wonder what she meant by that comment.

Last edited:

NateCurtis(NJC)

Smash Apprentice

that's probably the best geno hack i ever used in brawl, other than the really OP geno hack that was over toon link
this was posted by an Artist and Animator at Nintendo, she said something on her post:
"Super Mario RPG has been a topic lately at the studio so Geno felt right to draw :)"

HOLY CRAP! first the geno leaks,then super mario rpg on the virtual console,now this! I'M SO FREAKING HYPED.THIS COULD FINALLY BE THE TIME FOR GENO TO RETURN!

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman

OOOOH SHE WORKS AT NINTENDO ?! I came across this fanart on dA and fav'ed without knowing it :O
I was wondering why she said that in her description, now I know XD

Geno Boost

Smash Master
That model they use never looked right to me. I think it's the wooden lines they put on his limbs and face. Geno wasn't actually that detailed in SMRPG and Geno's the kind of character that looks creepy as hell with too much detail like that. He needs to be simple and cartoonish.
Geno actually has wooden lines in SMRPG

but i agree there is something wrong with the model

RetroBro

Smash Ace
It's rare to see the gang in high spirits. :D

Nice to see Nintendo giving Super Mario RPG a nod. I wouldn't get your hopes up with that leak, just keep voting and hope that Geno and Mallow get their day soon.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

I don't think this means something, it's just fanart.
And she? it says Arturo, and he only made a drawing for Tipping Stars...

But, cool drawing/animation.

RetroBro

Smash Ace
I don't think this means something, it's just fanart.
And she? it says Arturo, and he only made a drawing for Tipping Stars...

But, cool drawing/animation.
"Super Mario RPG has been a topic lately at the studio so Geno felt right to draw."

That means a lot more to Super Mario RPG fans than you know. Disregarding any relevancy to Smash Bros.

Also, I feel the need to reiterate that this artist works for Nintendo.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
"Super Mario RPG has been a topic lately at the studio so Geno felt right to draw."

That means a lot more to Super Mario RPG fans than you know. Disregarding any relevancy to Smash Bros.

Also, I feel the need to reiterate that this artist works for Nintendo.
Maybe it was because the game was released in the VC.
Also, "Mario RPG fans", I'm a Mario RPG fan, the difference is that I'm not biased.

If you think this is so important, you should post it in the General DLC Discussion Thread or the NintenZone Thread, because all the people in this thread think everything is real, I mean, seriously, some users here still think that incredibly bad leak is real.

RetroBro

Smash Ace
Maybe it was because the game was released in the VC.
Also, "Mario RPG fans", I'm a Mario RPG fan, the difference is that I'm not biased.

If you think this is so important, you should post it in the General DLC Discussion Thread or the NintenZone Thread, because all the people in this thread think everything is real, I mean, seriously, some users here still think that incredibly bad leak is real.
Naw, it's not the second coming of Christ, but it's just nice to see. Many fear that Geno and Mallow won't see the light of day in any video game ever again. Super Mario RPG being rereleased on virtual console leads to discussions, which could lead to more. How else could it happen at this point? I apologize for offending you.

Top Bottom