• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior #Geno4Smash - Everyone's gotta do their part! Vote Geno

I feel Chun-Li and Midna really have no place being on that poll.

I highly, highly doubt there will be another Street Fighter character with either future non-ballot characters or fanservice characters (the last 4), Ken seems like a much better contestent for that spot, and Chun-Li has absolutely no ballot chances (quality or quantity-wise) compared to dozens of characters. I'm indifferent to her.

Midna is currently an Assist, and she fits the role well. I doubt there will be another LoZ character, since there's so many things going against each of them but it can happen. The only LoZ DLC characters I honestly see any chance for are ones for Hyrule Warriors. I would still be happy to see any LoZ DLC for Smash.

Geno and Ninten seem like the only ones with honest chances. Geno has a much larger and older request base, with much more quality in terms of how well fans can justify him, he has much more potential for inclusion, and much more potential to what can be tied to his inclusion. He meets Sakurai's four requirements, general opinions, and other positive factors much, much better than most picks out there. Ninten has a recent localization and being a part of the only unrepresented Mother game in Smash, but that's all that's really going for him. I'd like to see Geno and I'm indifferent to Ninten.

These kinds of polls honestly need more quality control.

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
so should we collect a lot of SMRPG fans to see a ton of yes for Geno like in brawl?

EDIT: check out this video it's hilarious about Geno and shadow and skull kid and ryo and hoenn sad story http://youtu.be/YbWAh-y8hnI

Last edited:
so should we collect a lot of SMRPG fans to see a ton of yes for Geno like in brawl?
Rallying that poll on Twitter, Tumblr, YouTube, etc. with the proper hashtags and video tags to draw in 90-100% or so Geno fans and minimizing non-Geno fans seeing the post might be best.

If there's any support pages or groups on Facebook, it's a good idea to advertise there.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
You guys should seriously show your support, because the nos are outweighing the yeses.
There isn't a ton of Geno smash 4 supporters in smashboards but there is way a lot of supporters in deivenart and YouTube and tumblr so if you want to see +100 yes then we should go to different sites to call a lot of SMRPG fans to vote we can even call japaness SMRPG fans to vote in your poll

Geno Boost

Smash Master
At the least I hope Geno is a Mii costume, considering the irrelevance of Geno like K. Rool, he might give him the Mii costume treatment.
the SMRPG fans reaction would be:
"we are waiting since 19 years then we ends up with this?!"
but if Geno ends up as mii costume thats means the chances are getting very high on seeing Geno and Mallow in future games since Nintendo did hear about most of the Geno supporters says on the ballout "please let him be in a game again"

Freduardo

Smash Champion
At the least I hope Geno is a Mii costume, considering the irrelevance of Geno like K. Rool, he might give him the Mii costume treatment.
Honestly the Mii Gunner moveset can fit Geno a lot better than the Mii Brawler set fits K. Rool (in my opinion), so it could be worse.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Well, they did announce more Mii costumes would be announced tomorrow and SMRPG is coming to the Wii U VC next week so, pardon the pun, the stars might be lining up for that.

Add in:

I don't know... I've been supporting Geno for Smash since 2002 but I don't how I'll feel if it were to come down to this. It'd be pretty surreal, I must admit...

Last edited:

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
the SMRPG fans reaction would be:
"we are waiting since 19 years then we ends up with this?!"
but if Geno ends up as mii costume thats means the chances are getting very high on seeing Geno and Mallow in future games since Nintendo did hear about most of the Geno supporters says on the ballout "please let him be in a game again"
Yeah, if Geno is announced as a Mii Gunner outfit - honestly, I'd be completely content with that. I just wish they'd make bobbleheads mascot masks or something to completely cover the Mii's face, having characters like K. Rool be on top of the head but your stupid Mii face sticking out of his mouth is dumb.

I hope this K. Rool outfit is messsing with us though, and they announce him down the road.. With his Kaptain K Rool outfit as an alt of course! King K is kinda ugly, but I loved him in DKC2.

Last edited:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Yeah, if Geno is announced as a Mii Gunner outfit - honestly, I'd be completely content with that. I just wish they'd make bobbleheads mascot masks or something to completely cover the Mii's face, having characters like K. Rool be on top of the head but your stupid Mii face sticking out of his mouth is dumb.

I hope this K. Rool outfit is messsing with us though, and they announce him down the road.. With his Kaptain K Rool outfit as an alt of course! King K is kinda ugly, but I loved him in DKC2.

Make a custom mii for him. Unfortunately no green face options are really available, and the K. Rool Miis on the internet look kind of meh, but a Funky Kong, Diddy Kong, or Donkey Kong mii wearing the costume could be funny. DK skinned his enemy and wore him!
like this Funky Kong

Picture that in a K.Rool outfit.

Mental Surge

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GisR FTG
3DS FC
4098-5877-7114
Geno would be my second choice (after Shantae) to be in smash. Shame there isn't more support for Geno here.

Akahoshi

Smash Rookie
Hey there ~

Sorry if I don't reply very often here, but don't worry : I continue to spread the word everywhere I can ! ^w^
I've just found that : https://www.reddit.com/r/nintendo/comments/3ezget/dear_nintendo_please_buy_the_rights_to_geno_and/
It makes me soooo happy ~ !

Oh, and about since how long I support Geno, it began... last year. Yep, I didn't know about Geno before last year. Why ? Well... I've played SMRPG when it was released on Wii, but unfortunately I was way too young to be able to understand english. I tried at least ! But then I had forgotten almost everything about this game... until last december. It was one of those boring days during the holidays, when you don't know what to do. I don't know why, but I wanted to do some retro gaming. I turned on my old Wii and searched for some games on the menu... and when I saw Super Mario RPG, I thought : "Oh, I've not played this game ! Hope it's as fun as they said on the internet !" and started playing it. I can easily say that this game was one of the best games I've never played. I laughed, I raged, I was surprised, I cried but above all... I had fun.

I loved Geno all through this game. His character design, his personality, his background, his attacks... He was so charismatic. Then I wanted to know more about him. I read comics (those by Loopy-Lupe are fantastic), I watched videos, I found remixes of my favorites musics from the game, I searched during hours as many fanarts about him that I could...

One night, around midnight, I watched with a friend the famous Nintendo Direct of April 1st. (well, it was April 2nd for us, but it's almost the same. x3) I was really happy about Lucas, cause I love Mother 3, but when I heard about the Smash Ballot... I knew it was my chance. No, our chance ! He MUST be on this game ! Or, at least, let Nintendo know by voting for him that we want him to be back ! (with Mallow if possible, cause Mallow is cute. <3)

The next day, I watched TerminalMontage's new video. Ha ha, I was agreeably surprised, cause I subscribed for him a few days before thanks to DeviantArt. It gave me hope... Really, I almost cried of joy (and I think I really do) and I laughed a lot. (OF COURSE HE'S THE BESTTTTTTTTTTT !!! 8D) I've found this thread thanks to this video, so I really wanted to thank him from the bottom of my heart. Then, I started to read lots of subjects about Geno, and I learned lots of things about him ! I didn't know he was so popular during Brawl ! Or maybe I forgot...

Anyway... Geno is really a character who means a lot to me. I don't know why... I never was that invested into a character before. He's just my favorite, that's it. Hope he'll be back soon... I'm not supporting him since years like many of you, but I feel that it is as if it was.

Sorry for my english, I know it isn't that great, but I did as much as I can to be understood. I'm going on holidays in two days, without internet, so I don't think I'll be able to answer you before August 20th or something. Hope I'll see good news about him when I'll be back ! You're doing it well guys, just keep fighting for Geno and I'm sure he'll do it ! I feel we're so close...

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Geno would be my second choice (after Shantae) to be in smash. Shame there isn't more support for Geno here.
because SMRPG fans are mostly not here like it was in brawl, there are way more Geno supporters on youtube and tumblr i can even tell you that Geno has more supporters than King k. rool in devinart (search "Geno smash" you will get 608 result, search "King k. rool smash" you will get 525 result)

Neosquid

Smash Cadet
NNID
Slowest_Of_Bros
After seeing K. Rool's treatment, and knowing how well he was doing in the ballot, I'm terrified that we'll be seeing our favorite gundoll as a costume soon. Not even Lloyd was safe.

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman
It would suck if the ballot is just for costume ideas. I don't think it would be the case but again, I would be pissed if it's the former.

But then again, they could be doing the "Let's scare them a little before surprising them. In a good or bad way ;DD" trick :I

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman
Seeing Lloyd and K. Rool as costumes kinda makes Geno's chances better, doesn't it?
yes very true :D
It would suck if the ballot is just for costume ideas. I don't think it would be the case but again, I would be pissed if it's the former.

But then again, they could be doing the "Let's scare them a little before surprising them. In a good or bad way ;DD" trick :I
This trick has been done before tbh so yea I agree

Last edited:

GenoStrike

Smash Journeyman
this is just a hunch but what if these costumes foreshadow who won in the ballot
If we got Lloyd and K.Rool as playable characters that'd be amazing. Of course I really want Geno over anybody but I honestly feel like it won't happen. I'll happily eat my words though.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
If we got Lloyd and K.Rool as playable characters that'd be amazing. Of course I really want Geno over anybody but I honestly feel like it won't happen. I'll happily eat my words though.
don't give up your hopes, if he wont be choosen in smash then perhaps they might listen to what what most Geno supporters said "please let him be in a game again" Nintendo might think of using Geno and Mallow again in the future and if they did this in the future then thats mean Geno will most likley be added in future smash game, but the real question is would Nintendo rather revive Geno in SSB or in a Mario game? he has been requested since melee so people have waited for too long
SMRPG fans main goal is to have Geno and Mallow revived and come back to life again

Last edited:

GenoStrike

Smash Journeyman
don't give up your hopes, if he wont be choosen in smash then perhaps they might listen to what what most Geno supporters said "please let him be in a game again" Nintendo might think of using Geno and Mallow again in the future and if they did this in the future then thats mean Geno will most likley be added in future smash game, but the real question is would Nintendo rather revive Geno in SSB or in a Mario game? he has been requested since melee so people have waited for too long
Well I feel like if they're making something like Paper Jam that that would've been his best chance along with the rest of everything SMRPG related. Who knows though, maybe some stuff will actually be included in that game, or a future one.

TailsFan92

Smash Cadet
Sorry guys. I haven't been on in a while. I just wanted to comment about the new Smash Bros. costumes. I am a little surprised that King K. Rool is only going to be a costume and not an actual fighter. I know for a fact that K. Rool was much more popular in the Smash Ballot than Geno, so I am really wondering what Geno's chances are now of being in the game? I have said from the first day here that I would be happy if Geno at the bare minimum got a Mii Fighter costume. Anything! All I can say is don't give up hope and keep spreading support for Geno.

Chico2099

Smash Apprentice
So a few of my Youtube subscribers have sent me this odd bit of data that is supposedly in the latest Smash Brothers update. I don't know anything about coding or data mining so I was hoping someone here may be able to confirm whether or not this is real.
data:00BE01H4 DCD aCcshop_jino+7 ; "Jino"
So I just want to know if this is real they say that is data for Geno from Mario rpg but, It just looks like jibberish to me.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I'm cautiously optimistic about Geno's chances. The above potential leak aside, I feel like it's almost a certainty that we will, at some point, get a Super Mario DLC character. And I do think that Ryu may be setting a precedent that 3rd parties may be heavier in the DLC than they were in the initial release. Those two things combined with a fairly popular character = a no brainer, I think. Plus, Nintendo and Squeenix seem to be having a good relationship at the moment... It could happen! He may, at the very least, appear as an Assist Trophy, which can be a stepping stone into the next game.

For whatever reason I've just got this nagging feeling that we'll get a simultaneous Geno/Isaac launch. But I obviously can't bet on it. It's just a hunch I have. Dunno when it'd happen but it's in my guts. Like that time a week before Robin got announced that I predicted Robin getting announced and Captain Falcon was even there lol. But I must've just been a psychic that day. A flawed one at that because I also talked about ridley.

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
I would love seeing Geno in the game. On mario RPG he was pretty much permanent in my party the moment i got him (mallow...usually got shelved first lol not a fan of him).

Wish Square-Enix would stop being a **** and let Nintendo have Geno already so he can get into Sm4sh

RSF-Blue bomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lethlintejection
3DS FC
5069-3977-0380
So a few of my Youtube subscribers have sent me this odd bit of data that is supposedly in the latest Smash Brothers update. I don't know anything about coding or data mining so I was hoping someone here may be able to confirm whether or not this is real.
So I just want to know if this is real they say that is data for Geno from Mario rpg but, It just looks like jibberish to me.
could you screenshot these people. man this is so hype

Last edited:

CF711

Smash Apprentice
Just did some double checking and the Japanese spelling for his name is Jino. We might be on the verge of something big!

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
hey guess what, this day is a special day for me, do you know why?
ITS MY BIRTHDAY!
Happy Birthday!
If one of the trustworthy data-miners says it, I'll probably believe it. Otherwise it could just be people trolling around.

Last edited:
Top Bottom