• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior #Geno4Smash - Everyone's gotta do their part! Vote Geno

twinAgony

Smash Rookie
So I called square enix's support center and they told me that the characters in super mario rpg are indeed owned by square but also nintendo has rights to them as well. but to get geno into the game both companies must agree as usually. he also told me the process would be alot more complicated but I think if nintendo tried hard enough they could get him in. i think we need to push geno as much as we can right now because if we can raise awareness in nintendo then we could get geno back.
Uhm, could this situation give us some advantage over other characters? I want to think that yes, if Geno is part of Nintendo then maybe it would be easier to get him* in Smash than someone who isn't. But it's true, we haven't seen him in any title beside SMRPG because of the same thing -the 'who owns Geno' problem-, so I am being delusional with this reasoning, aren't I? *loud facepalm*
Honestly, I don't care about Reddit's polls, many of us Smash fans don't vote on those (me included), we still have a chance!

* I like it more with male pronouns, yep.
((Thanks for the welcoming, guys! c:

Solmatter

Smash Cadet
So, Geno almost made it to the top ten in the Reditt poll with over 13,000 participants. Not bad, not bad at all, especially given he was only a little more than a dozen behind Roy.

Almost made it! But looking at this, it's really not that bad. Time for some johns >_>... Regarding those who beat out Geno...

1. Banjo - A good choice indeed, but most recent console representation is Microsoft, and he's far from the best 3rd party choice for Nintendo. He does have support from his creator at least.

2. Isaac - Great choice, I would love Isaac.

3. K Rool - Not surprising, I'll save you the trouble of telling you all why K Rool is a bit uninspired, and his character design is highly unsuccessful... butttttt... DK surely deserves another rep. I'd rather dixie or cranky myself...

4. Shovel Knight - Not the greatest choice. Indie rep should be Shantae, Shovel Knight has no real history with Nintendo. Boring moveset potential. But then again, Sakurai made Little Mac work.

5. Solid Snake - Love him, but doubt he's coming back.

6. Bayonetta - Her creators hate the idea of her in Smash, so...

7. Paper Mario - Pretty decent, "another Mario" is a criticism that Sakurai might avoid.

8. Wolf - I feel like we'll see him come back either way, perhaps to promote Star Fox Wii U so it doesn't affect the ballot too much for me.

9. Inkling - I have a bad feeling about this one, since it's a new game that Nintendo is trying to push. We'll see. I personally don't like the idea.

10. Ice Climbers - This won't happen, unless we see a solo climber. Can't believe people don't understand that.

11. Roy - He might already be in according to recent discoveries, so this might amount to nothing.

Last edited:
i dont think they mean mario peach etc. they said to get geno into the game both companies must agree as usually. thats mean Geno is owned by both of them
all thrid parties need to agree to get stuff in smash. Obviously capcom and nintendo had to agree on MM. that doesnt mean Nintendo co-owns them. you're twisting words to make them mean things they might not and then proceeding to act in absolutes :/

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman
Almost made it! But looking at this, it's really not that bad. Time for some johns >_>... Regarding those who beat out Geno...

1. Banjo - A good choice indeed, but most recent console representation is Microsoft, and he's far from the best 3rd party choice for Nintendo. He does have support from his creator at least.

2. Isaac - Great choice, I would love Isaac.

3. K Rool - Not surprising, I'll save you the trouble of telling you all why K Rool is a bit uninspired, and his character design is highly unsuccessful... butttttt... DK surely deserves another rep. I'd rather dixie or cranky myself...

4. Shovel Knight - Not the greatest choice. Indie rep should be Shantae, Shovel Knight has no real history with Nintendo. Boring moveset potential. But then again, Sakurai made Little Mac work.

5. Solid Snake - Love him, but doubt he's coming back.

6. Bayonetta - Her creators hate the idea of her in Smash, so...

7. Paper Mario - Pretty decent, "another Mario" is a criticism that Sakurai might avoid.

8. Wolf - I feel like we'll see him come back either way, perhaps to promote Star Fox Wii U so it doesn't affect the ballot too much for me.

9. Inkling - I have a bad feeling about this one, since it's a new game that Nintendo is trying to push. We'll see. I personally don't like the idea.

10. Ice Climbers - This won't happen, unless we see a solo climber. Can't believe people don't understand that.

11. Roy - He might already be in according to recent discoveries, so this might amount to nothing.
1. Banjo - Nintendo may not pick him because of reason.
2. Isaac - Isaac would be cool
3. K Rool - I cant see his moveset
4. Shovel Knight -Boring moveset potential.
5. Solid Snake - Love him, will not return for reasons.
6. Bayonetta - Her creators hate the idea of her in Smash, so... yea not
7. Paper Mario - Pretty decent, but they will just clone
8. Wolf - I feel like we'll see him come back either way, I don't want another clone but wolf tho lol
9. Inkling - I really see them pushing inking im alittle worried
10. Ice Climbers - not going to happen..
11. Roy - He might already be in according to recent discoveries, so this might amount to nothing. rumor is he will use two swords but yea

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
all thrid parties need to agree to get stuff in smash. Obviously capcom and nintendo had to agree on MM. that doesnt mean Nintendo co-owns them. you're twisting words to make them mean things they might not and then proceeding to act in absolutes :/
Whoever really owns Geno doesn't really matter anyway since Nintendo and Square would still both have to be on-board regardless...

That being said, I hope this means we can Twitter-spam Reggie as well as the Square execs. :D

Revibe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Revibe
3DS FC
2380-4883-4721
Hey guys, if you Nintendo wants to get 'Geno' in the other way, since his real form doesn't have a 'proper' name, Nintendo just could be inspired to make a dopple ganger/inspired look-a-like Character; then finish legal pursuit later. hehe Geno is very generic in description right? I mean, Jack Frost looks similar.

Never mind guys, just dreaming lowly. hehe

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, if you Nintendo wants to get 'Geno' in the other way, since his real form doesn't have a 'proper' name, Nintendo just could be inspired to make a dopple ganger/inspired look-a-like Character; then finish legal pursuit later. hehe Geno is very generic in description right? I mean, Jack Frost looks similar.

Never mind guys, just dreaming lowly. hehe
have you guys seen the first paper Mario game it was going to super Mario rpg 2 and Twink the star was going to be Geno... just saying
http://www.mariowiki.com/Twink#Trivia just look :D
nevermind they seem to have changed it XC noooooo

Last edited:

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

TailsFan92

Smash Cadet
1. Banjo - Nintendo may not pick him because of reason.
2. Isaac - Isaac would be cool
3. K Rool - I cant see his moveset
4. Shovel Knight -Boring moveset potential.
5. Solid Snake - Love him, will not return for reasons.
6. Bayonetta - Her creators hate the idea of her in Smash, so... yea not
7. Paper Mario - Pretty decent, but they will just clone
8. Wolf - I feel like we'll see him come back either way, I don't want another clone but wolf tho lol
9. Inkling - I really see them pushing inking im alittle worried
10. Ice Climbers - not going to happen..
11. Roy - He might already be in according to recent discoveries, so this might amount to nothing. rumor is he will use two swords but yea
1. Banjo - He was a part of my childhood, and it would be awesome to see him in the game, but from a business point, it would make no sense on Nintendo's end.
2. Isaac - I played the first Golden Sun game. I didn't care for it.
3. K Rool - A popular choice, and because of just how many people want him in the game, I can't be mad if he is put in.
4. Shovel Knight - Never played Shovel Knight, but I don't want him in just because he is in the most popular indie game currently
5. Solid Snake - I would welcome him back, but I would rather see a newcomer take his place.
6. Bayonetta - I really like the Bayonetta series, but Nintendo would never allow SEGA to put two of their characters in their game
7. Paper Mario - I wanted Paper Mario in the series since Brawl. He could work a lot like Mr. Game & Watch, but considering how we already have Mario, Dr. Mario, and Luigi, perhaps that might be enough for now.
8. Wolf - Give him a more unique moveset and we will talk. I am not the biggest Star Fox fan in the universe
9. Inkling - They would fit well in Smash Bros., but they haven't had a single game released yet. Wait until the next generation of Smash Bros. games out, then I will welcome them in.
10. Ice Climbers - Ice Climbers were my main fighters, so I would love to see them come back somehow
11. Roy - I know he was a popular character in Melee, but for the love of god their are TOO MANY Fire Emblem characters in the game as it is! It needs to stop. Now.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
So, Geno almost made it to the top ten in the Reditt poll with over 13,000 participants. Not bad, not bad at all, especially given he was only a little more than a dozen behind Roy.

Waluigi have 325 votes. too bad people have wasted their votes sakurai already said when he was confirmed as assist trophy "even if you try harder waluigi won't get in" same goes for ridley

Steelia

Smash Champion
(names struck out are ones I feel aren't viable)

1. Banjo-Kazooie - Never played the games, so the two hold no sentimental value; they're pretty screwed from the business side as is anyway.

2. Isaac - Never played his games, but wouldn't mind him; he could be like Robin, primarily sword but mixing it up with magic stuff.

3. King K. Rool - Dropping cannonballs, blunderbuss spiked-cannon shots, crown tossing, helicopter pack flying, pro boxing, even turning invisible... you name it and K. Rool can do it! Would be ecstatic to see this krazy guy return. He has an amazing arsenal, and is one of the wackiest (yet oddly darkest) villains in Nintendo's library. What other villain steals their rival's food to starve them to death just because, or feeds his own minions to his pets?

4. Shovel Knight - An awesome character, but hasn't even appeared on a Nintendo console the Japanese side! They hold a pretty big sway on what shows up. It could be like another Sonic scenario, but I'm not holding my breath...

5. Solid Snake - Another great character, but with the current issues of Konami and Kojima, I wonder if it's even possible?

6. Bayonetta - ...If Tharja couldn't even make it as a trophy, Bayonetta's even worse off.

7. Paper Mario - Like K. Rool, tons of moveset potential, there's no way he'd be a clone since he's not restricted by time; can turn into a paper airplane, roll himself up like a newspaper, squash himself into a spring, and we might finally have a Mario that uses a hammer!

8. Wolf - With Lucas back, there's no way Wolf isn't. Totally fine with it.

9. Inkling - I REALLY don't like the idea of these things. But I can't deny them showing up; Roy showed up in Smash before his game was even released, the same could easily happen here. Probably wouldn't buy them, though.

10. Ice Climbers - The 3DS keeps the duo out..

11. Roy - Almost certainly a lock after finding his victory tune in the Mewtwo patch, and Sakurai's attendance of the FE 25th anniversary concert. Hoping for a moveset update like Falco and Ganondorf got for SSBB (clones alongside Roy in Melee).

Out of the oversaturated 3rd party reps people want to see, I'd argue Geno has one of the best chances. Hopefully something can be done with that complicated legal relationship between Square and Nintendo.

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Worried? Why? Don't be! That's just one group of people in /gaming. I'm sure it hints to what the actual ballot results may be, but it can't be that accurate.
It's very likley that geno would be in the top 10 in the actual ballot result your video got more than +50000 views and also someone posted your video on ninoccio (I don't remember the name) so people on japan are seeing your video so a lot of people are voting for him even non gamers plus a lot of people tumbler and Instagram are voting for him

twinAgony

Smash Rookie
I said that I didn't care about Reddit’s poll, nevertheless, I informed some friends of mine about its results. One of them is absolutely sure that Nintendo is only doing the Smash Ballot for appearance, as if they had already decided who is gonna enter Smash Brothers regardless of what the fans want. I hope that won't be the case *holds breath*
PS: Hey, I don’t know if it’s a glitch or something, but he could equip Geno with Peach’s dress pshh.

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman
I said that I didn't care about Reddit’s poll, nevertheless, I informed some friends of mine about its results. One of them is absolutely sure that Nintendo is only doing the Smash Ballot for appearance, as if they had already decided who is gonna enter Smash Brothers regardless of what the fans want. I hope that won't be the case *holds breath*
PS: Hey, I don’t know if it’s a glitch or something, but he could equip Geno with Peach’s dress pshh.
That is my fear that they are only doing for show and not really caring about it but Geno has been asked for soooo long and a big problem is that what if only the top 1 gets in only is another fear T^T

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
I can see you commented on this article too, lmao.
Yeah, I have to comment to give them HATERS, a taste of their own medicine for saying dumbfounded S-H-I-# about Geno's inclusion to enter the World of SMASH BROS FRANCHISE for our modern futuristic lifetimes sakes needs and good thing that always defended Geno from idiot H-A-T-E-R-S!
11049611_10155457799940634_5648931728014234946_n Geno.jpg
P.S: #GenoForSmash, no matter what stands in Geno's way into the World of SMASH in our futuristic modern needs!

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman
sooooooooooo I been playing Town of Salem and I named my person Geno all the time and I ask people to vote for me in smash plz XD its really fun one guy was like omg its Geno from super Mario rpg lol good times

Sinn

Smash Lord
sooooooooooo I been playing Town of Salem and I named my person Geno all the time and I ask people to vote for me in smash plz XD its really fun one guy was like omg its Geno from super Mario rpg lol good times
God, this makes me wish City of Heroes was still a thing. I'd be doing the exact same thing with him there right now if I could =(

RSF-Blue bomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lethlintejection
3DS FC
5069-3977-0380
I think this would be geno's model if he does join the game. who ever made this

is really good.
GenoByJoeAdok.png

Revibe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Revibe
3DS FC
2380-4883-4721
I think this would be geno's model if he does join the game. who ever made this

is really good.
It is a good model, but I feel it doesn't express his cape enough. Idk, i'm just (OVER)thinking out-loud, but I kinda feel like the cape was what Geno shows the most of, even if he is 'naked' otherwise. I'll go as far as to point out that actual sprites in the game, when he's attacking/using items, his arms go outside of his cape. (True they could have just been saving time on sprite art/ minimizing memory, but I still think about it regardless.) His arms do detach, so it could be magnetic to why his arms are on the outside. Or Could be strings, the cape could have camouflaged slits for arms to be free when needed. Geno could be even just be holding his cape, with crossed-arms, since we see he cross' them a lot. It is probably just magic/hologram!!!

Ultimately, regardless of how he moves his arms in/around the cape, i don't think the cape is just plain fabric either. (As in, I believe it can somewhat hold its shape, (kinda-like anime hair haha))

WirelessYoshi

Smash Rookie

We finally finished up our cover of "Forest Maze" (Beware the Forest's Mushrooms) from Super Mario RPG. We added a notice in the description and at the end of the video to 'Vote for Geno', but we personally think the biggest impact just comes out of people continuing to acknowledge Geno as a possible contender.

Thank you guys so much for fighting the good fight, and making a case for my favorite video game character of all time (from my favorite game of all time)!

Last edited:

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
It is a good model, but I feel it doesn't express his cape enough. Idk, i'm just (OVER)thinking out-loud, but I kinda feel like the cape was what Geno shows the most of, even if he is 'naked' otherwise. I'll go as far as to point out that actual sprites in the game, when he's attacking/using items, his arms go outside of his cape. (True they could have just been saving time on sprite art/ minimizing memory, but I still think about it regardless.) His arms do detach, so it could be magnetic to why his arms are on the outside. Or Could be strings, the cape could have camouflaged slits for arms to be free when needed. Geno could be even just be holding his cape, with crossed-arms, since we see he cross' them a lot. It is probably just magic/hologram!!!

Ultimately, regardless of how he moves his arms in/around the cape, i don't think the cape is just plain fabric either. (As in, I believe it can somewhat hold its shape, (kinda-like anime hair haha))
Guys! How about this model for Geno to cover up dat nakedness!
Geno_New_Outfit_by_Kevichan.jpg
#GenoForSmash! !?

Revibe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Revibe
3DS FC
2380-4883-4721
Guys! How about this model for Geno to cover up dat nakedness!#GenoForSmash! !?
Lol, this makes me think like formal/etiquette-like. Such as, a good fancy suite to wear to a fancy ball.

here are some other cool geno concept art.
Woah, I feel a Team Fortress 2 vibe when looking at this, nice. Also, belly button! :D

Revibe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Revibe
3DS FC
2380-4883-4721
Sorry to double post. Couldn't sleep, made this. Also, doesn't the design on the original Geno's hat look like a clock winder?
DasItGeno.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom