• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior #Geno4Smash - Everyone's gotta do their part! Vote Geno

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman
Does anybody remember sakurai melee poll result http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n01/n64/software/nus_p_nalj/smash/PostResult3.html Geno and mallow were tied at rank 8 for a Mario rep.
:4bowser::4peach::4wario:Were confirmed now and toad and goomba and koopa troopa and kamek are deconfirmed now and the only characters left are Geno and Mallow and baby Mario. I don't understand why we got 2000s Mario characters newcomers :rosalina::4bowserjr:In ssb4 instead of the old classic, and people now are asking for captian toad...to take the original toad place :/
well capt Toad does have a game coming out lol but I still want Geno we shall never give up for we know Geno will be an amazing character to play as in Smash

twinAgony

Smash Rookie
Hello new people! By the way, I've noticed the influx of new people the past couple of days. Did something happen? Was there an announcement or some-such?
The main reason I singned up is to support Geno -I was getting tired of just watching, you know- but I've wanted to join the forum itself too, so here I am *waves hand*

Okay, I just realized that the DLC characters they're releasing aren't even new. Mewtwo from Melee and Lucas from Brawl, and now there is this rumor about Roy joining as well (previously seen in Melee, duh), then Ryu may be the only one who is actually 'new' if the rumor turns out to be true. Mmh, an interesting coincidence or a suspicious one? - I mean, it's supposed to be based on votes and all of that, however, their moveset are similar to characters that we already have (Ness-Lucas, Lucario-Mewtwo, Marth-Roy), then I don't see why Chrom is out. I quote Viridi “You and Ike are too similar, no point in having two characters that are pretty much carbon copies. Am I right?”. And if Lucina is basically Marth, why would they want THREE Marths and not two Ikes? *long sigh*

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman
The main reason I singned up is to support Geno -I was getting tired of just watching, you know- but I've wanted to join the forum itself too, so here I am *waves hand*

Okay, I just realized that the DLC characters they're releasing aren't even new. Mewtwo from Melee and Lucas from Brawl, and now there is this rumor about Roy joining as well (previously seen in Melee, duh), then Ryu may be the only one who is actually 'new' if the rumor turns out to be true. Mmh, an interesting coincidence or a suspicious one? - I mean, it's supposed to be based on votes and all of that, however, their moveset are similar to characters that we already have (Ness-Lucas, Lucario-Mewtwo, Marth-Roy), then I don't see why Chrom is out. I quote Viridi “You and Ike are too similar, no point in having two characters that are pretty much carbon copies. Am I right?”. And if Lucina is basically Marth, why would they want THREE Marths and not two Ikes? *long sigh*
*waves hand* hello welcome to the Geno thread *gives you a cookie* I also see what you mean and I am scared... too many clones T^T

Last edited:

Revibe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Revibe
3DS FC
2380-4883-4721
It's really surprising how they've never reused this character. The rights issues and everything, whatever, it didn't bother them before when they brought him back for something extremely minute. Isn't it strange how such a beloved character is just... not used in a more important role? I mean, he was essentially the main character of SMRPG.
Nintendo likes to create games, but some reflect real life more than others. Let's look at Shiver Star (from Kirbys Cystal Shards) or even Donkey Kong (banana war) & Earthbound (blue dairy) thanks gametheory for direction.) Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it is all about transforming real life into a game, I think they just like to mix in some history, geography (pokemon red & blue map), or even real people into their games as a way to tribute to history. I know this is :farfetchd: but some people, who worked for nintendo, could have been around/survived an event that truly changed history. Something in Super Mario RPG could have some real-life-based events obscured into the video game. They could be waiting or searching for that something to return, because the Historic event was left with a cliff-hanger.

Attachments

GenoStrike

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo likes to create games, but some reflect real life more than others. Let's look at Shiver Star (from Kirbys Cystal Shards) or even Donkey Kong (banana war) & Earthbound (blue dairy) thanks gametheory for direction.) Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it is all about transforming real life into a game, I think they just like to mix in some history, geography (pokemon red & blue map), or even real people into their games as a way to tribute to history. I know this is :farfetchd: but some people, who worked for nintendo, could have been around/survived an event that truly changed history. Something in Super Mario RPG could have some real-life-based events obscured into the video game. They could be waiting or searching for that something to return, because the Historic event was left with a cliff-hanger.
Interesting game theory there. Whatever the case, I'd just love to see that world return. Nimbus Land for example was such a cool place to explore and it's unfortunate it's never been used again. They could even base a whole game off of that if they really wanted to. You could take the bus to different new areas of Nimbus Land that were never conceived back in the day. It could have a big lore all it's own. So much potential.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Interesting game theory there. Whatever the case, I'd just love to see that world return. Nimbus Land for example was such a cool place to explore and it's unfortunate it's never been used again. They could even base a whole game off of that if they really wanted to. You could take the bus to different new areas of Nimbus Land that were never conceived back in the day. It could have a big lore all it's own. So much potential.
Alphadream said they are interested on revisiting SMRPG and geno and mallow so there is a huge chance that we will see them back

Revibe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Revibe
3DS FC
2380-4883-4721
Did we ever discuss other character mechanics for Geno, besides a moveset? (I know it was mentioned at least once, taunt/pose ideas.) Let's get Unique here!!

I would like to think he is sorta light weight. First jump is naturally low to the ground but has amazing horizontal momentum (close to Jigglys), then 2nd jump it trades the horizontal speed for bueno height. Or the otherway around.

Should Geno be able to wall jump?
Crouch Crawl, or something similar? (I imagine holding down and walking he doesn't crawl but walks a perfect limbo pose.)

I don't know about you guys, but I only want to Geno to grab the ledge, if he is facing the ledge.

Also, why can't you put your shield up in the air, or why does the air-dodge have to be so short?

@ Solmatter Solmatter I just got the silliest idea for your Star Shot (up-b) haha. What if the body can perform a taunt in the air, after Geno had shot out?

Last edited:

Solmatter

Smash Cadet
Did we ever discuss other character mechanics for Geno, besides a moveset? (I know it was mentioned at least once, taunt/pose ideas.) Let's get Unique here!!

I would like to think he is sorta light weight. First jump is naturally low to the ground but has amazing horizontal momentum (close to Jigglys), then 2nd jump it trades the horizontal speed for bueno height. Or the otherway around.

Crouch Crawl, or something similar? (I imagine holding down and walking he doesn't crawl but walks a perfect limbo pose.)

I don't know about you guys, but I only want to Geno to grab the ledge, if he is facing the ledge.

Also, why can't you put your shield up in the air, or why does the air-dodge have to be so short?

@ Solmatter Solmatter I just got the silliest idea for your Star Shot (up-b) haha. What if the body can perform a taunt in the air, after Geno had shot out?
Being a sort of Mario rep, I could see Geno wall jumping. He's got the body type for a cool animation. He might be able to crouch crawl but I am having trouble visualizing it...

As far as the other stuff, they wouldn't really change the mechanics on a character specific basis. In Smash 4, I believe all characters can reverse grab the ledge (except during certain moves). I also don't think his air momentum would change between jumps, although it's an interesting concept.

Welcome to the forum! I'm pretty new too, though I've been lurking for about 8 years now. I basically just signed up to support geno and do some art.

GenoStrike

Smash Journeyman
I just want Geno to nod for a taunt. Maybe another one can have him do the Victory sign (peace sign, two fingers) with the SMRPG "thank you!" bubble popping up over his head. I know he also nodded when that happened in-game, but I'm trying to differentiate the taunts. It'd be cool for the last taunt if he left his body for a second and flew around above it while it lays lifeless.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They are waiting for Jesus to return

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730

YES!.jpg
Geno shall obviously must Wall Jump for best recovery agility skills to be strictly reckon with personally with perfectionism style of lifetime sakes!

GenoStrike

Smash Journeyman
Sorry if this is slightly off-topic but I just found this out today and I wanted to discuss it with people who'd appreciate it the way I did. In PM:TTYD, your Yoshi can change colour. I always had the green one so this kinda blew my mind when I found out.

Here are the different ones you can get. Notice that last one though. It has Mallow's colours, curly hair just like Mallow and even the exact same boots.

That's gotta be a subtle reference, no?

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
Sorry if this is slightly off-topic but I just found this out today and I wanted to discuss it with people who'd appreciate it the way I did. In PM:TTYD, your Yoshi can change colour. I always had the green one so this kinda blew my mind when I found out.

Here are the different ones you can get. Notice that last one though. It has Mallow's colours, curly hair just like Mallow and even the exact same boots.

I had the Blue Yoshi on my very first time playing Paper Mario: 2/TTYD!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

They should of had a slowpoke themed one

Steelia

Smash Champion
If Mewtwo can wall jump, Geno can wall jump. Don't really see him being able to crawl, though.

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman

As someone who has moved a big puppet(like human size) before he was really heavy I thought he would be as heavy as Mario and I see him crawling like everyone else o.o

I always got the red one

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I kinda want to play TTYD again

But I don't want to find my game or my gamecube

I have no idea where to look

yani

Smash Lord
It was a car accident. I think they hit a tree

Some people had found the news article on it a while back
Sorry to derail this thread but I've been on and off coming back to SB and I had no idea this happened. If anyone could please pm me the article I'd really appreciate it.

GENO for Smash.

Last edited:

RSF-Blue bomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lethlintejection
3DS FC
5069-3977-0380
So I called square enix's support center and they told me that the characters in super mario rpg are indeed owned by square but also nintendo has rights to them as well. but to get geno into the game both companies must agree as usually. he also told me the process would be alot more complicated but I think if nintendo tried hard enough they could get him in. i think we need to push geno as much as we can right now because if we can raise awareness in nintendo then we could get geno back.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
So I called square enix's support center and they told me that the characters in super mario rpg are indeed owned by square but also nintendo has rights to them as well. but to get geno into the game both companies must agree as usually. he also told me the process would be alot more complicated but I think if nintendo tried hard enough they could get him in. i think we need to push geno as much as we can right now because if we can raise awareness in nintendo then we could get geno back.
Wait what?! geno is owned by both square Enix and Nintendo??? So he is like sora that's owned by both square Enix and Disney. and its gonna be alot more complicated? so square enix are actually greedy? i remember square enix didnt let cloud to be PASBR so would they let Geno in smash bros.?

Last edited:
Wait what?! geno is owned by both square Enix and Nintendo??? So he is like sora that's owned by both square Enix and Disney. and its gonna be alot more complicated? so square enix are actually greedy? i remember square enix didnt let cloud to be PASBR so would they let Geno in smash bros.?
yes he is owned by both
Its also possible he means that some are owned by nintendo (mario peach etc) and other are owned by square.

Like how mega man is owned by capcom in a nintendo game :4megaman:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Its also possible he means that some are owned by nintendo (mario peach etc) and other are owned by square.

Like how mega man is owned by capcom in a nintendo game :4megaman:
i dont think they mean mario peach etc. they said to get geno into the game both companies must agree as usually. thats mean Geno is owned by both of them thats why anything from SMRPG only happen if square enix and nintendo agree first like mushroom kingdoom remix in fortune street and Geno in MLSSS just like how sora or anything from kingdom hearts appear only if disney and square enix agree first

Last edited:

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
Finally, cat's out of the bag that now, we know Geno can able to enter the World of SMASH BROS FRANCHISE in T-I-M-E as a New DLC playable fighter!
FREEDOM_FOR_GENO_by_Fiercedeity1770.png

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman
First of all : Welcome to the newcomers ! Glad to have you in the Geno troop :D

So now we know that btoh owns Geno (and probably the rest of the SMRPG cast) we know what to do !
I've seen a lot of Geno fans coming out slowly out of their hiding spots which is great !

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I figured that it had to be like this, explains why we haven't seen him that much aside from the cameo. It might as well be equally as hard as trying to get Microsoft and Nintendo agree on Banjo's inclusion in Smash.

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
so is Geno a 3rd party or 2nd party character? if he is owned by both
Technically, I rather still believes that Geno is actually 2nd party character in Super Mario franchise and @Psycholncarnate please add this link: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Geno...in-Smash-4-3DSWii-U-verisons/1722501687975421 on the first page of this Geno thread, please I've beg of you and it shall be our trump card to bring In more new comer supporters to represent Geno in futuristic times sakes!
geno-real-human-mario-doll.png

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman
Technically, I rather still believes that Geno is actually 2nd party character in Super Mario franchise and @Psycholncarnate please add this link: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Geno...in-Smash-4-3DSWii-U-verisons/1722501687975421 on the first page of this Geno thread, please I've beg of you and it shall be our trump card to bring In more new comer supporters to represent Geno in futuristic times sakes! View attachment 47878
that picture brings tears to my eyes I love it

Top Bottom