• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior #Geno4Smash - Everyone's gotta do their part! Vote Geno

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

More Geno art I made covering his special attacks. Just what I think would be fun. Needed to feel very Sakurai, with gimmicks and all. Geno would probably be a technical character somewhere nearing the complexity of Shulk or Robin. Micromanaging your star power is key!
Great stuff here. I really like the fact that timed hits were implemented and you found a way to make Geno Beam practical instead of OP and obnoxious like it typically is in mods of him.

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman
Damn dude, what's your damage? Were all having a discussion here and you're just trying to start a flame war for no reason. Chill bruh.
I know right ? It's like he's expecting us to go "OH NO ! HE DARED PUT A GIF OF A LAUGHING MAN ! It must mean he's LAUGHING AT US OR GENO HIMSELF ! HOW DARE HE ?!" :V

Haters gonna hate, just let him be :u From what I see, we're not the only one who "suffers" from his "this is hopeless for this character" posts :p

Anywayyyy--

Random thought : I just got my codes to get Mewtwo today and I wanted to try out Pit's Taunt's Easter Egg for him and I just thought, (I'm not spoiling what Mewtwo got but I can say that what I found may happen for any DLC character, just a feeling but what if they got their unique conversation...) what do you guys think would it be for Geno ?
I got my idea but I want to hear your ideas first ;p

Last edited:

CF711

Smash Apprentice
I know right ? It's like he's expecting us to go "OH NO ! HE DARED PUT A GIF OF A LAUGHING MAN ! It must mean he's LAUGHING AT US OR GENO HIMSELF ! HOW DARE HE ?!" :V

Haters gonna hate, just let him be :u From what I see, we're not the only one who "suffers" from his "this is hopeless for this character" posts :p

Anywayyyy--

Random thought : I just got my codes to get Mewtwo today and I wanted to try out Pit's Taunt's Easter Egg for him and I just thought, (I'm not spoiling what Mewtwo got but I can say that what I found may happen for any DLC character, just a feeling but what if they got their unique conversation...) what do you guys think would it be for Geno ?
I got my idea but I want to hear your ideas first ;p
I'll take a try at it.

Pit:
Is that a doll?
Palutena: That's Geno. He's a star being who took over a doll's body.
Pit: He took over a doll?! Why would he do that?
Palutena: Since he is a star being he could make it come to life. He is extremely powerful.
Pit: I don't know how I feel fighting a doll...
Palutena: Pit this isn't the time to be concerned about what you are fighting.
Pit: You are right Lady Palutena. We both get our powers from a higher authority.

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman
I'll take a try at it.
Pit: Is that a doll?
Palutena: That's Geno. He's a star being who took over a doll's body.
Pit: He took over a doll?! Why would he do that?
Palutena: Since he is a star being he could make it come to life. He is extremely powerful.
Pit: You are right Lady Palutena. We both get our powers from a higher authority.
Haha nice ! But I think we could make it more "complete", here's mine :p

Pit : Wow ! A doll !
Viridi : You know he's more then just a doll right ?
Pit : Excuse me ?
Palutena : That's Geno. He's a Star Warrior that took over this Geno doll. His real name is
♥♪!?.
Pit : (Insert him trying to pronounce it)
Palutena : Anyway, you may watch out for his special attacks, they are powerful. And they'll get even more powerful if you let him charge up to three stars. But if you hit him hard, you can beat him easily. His defense are not as great as his attacks. So dodge his attacks and counter !
Pit : So close fight is the way to go ! Got it ! Let's get this show on the road !

Geno Boost

Smash Master
I'll take a try at it.
Pit: Is that a doll?
Palutena: That's Geno. It's a star being who took over a doll's body.
Pit: It took over a doll?! Why would it do that?
Palutena: Since it is a star being he could make it come to life. It is extremely powerful.
*fixed I changed he to it
Remember Geno fans. Geno doesn't have a gender

Last edited:

twinAgony

Smash Rookie
Oh wow, I finally made it into the forum! I may appear as a new user, but I've been following this thread for a while now and it's about time I signed up! *fed up with just stalking*

Well, I didn’t read anything related to Spanish fans here, and since I myself am one I’ll tell some things. Last –manga- Convention I wore a Geno cosplay and contrary to what I first thought (That nobody would recognize me), there were lot of people who did in fact know who I was dressed as. And not like ‘ah, the doll of that Mario game’, they were currently fans. So yeah, we could spread the word not only to English speakers –I mean, if it’s not done yet. I know I arrived late with starbucks *sweats*- and basically find more Geno supporters.

And don’t worry about haters, guys, Pikachu is on our side!
-and sorry for the not-so-bad-but-still-bad-english!-

PS: Solmatter, your art skills are amazing *cries*

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman
Oh wow, I finally made it into the forum! I may appear as a new user, but I've been following this thread for a while now and it's about time I signed up! *fed up with just stalking*

Well, I didn’t read anything related to Spanish fans here, and since I myself am one I’ll tell some things. Last –manga- Convention I wore a Geno cosplay and contrary to what I first thought (That nobody would recognize me), there were lot of people who did in fact know who I was dressed as. And not like ‘ah, the doll of that Mario game’, they were currently fans. So yeah, we could spread the word not only to English speakers –I mean, if it’s not done yet. I know I arrived late with starbucks *sweats*- and basically find more Geno supporters.

And don’t worry about haters, guys, Pikachu is on our side!
-and sorry for the not-so-bad-but-still-bad-english!-

PS: Solmatter, your art skills are amazing *cries*
You did a great job of typing in english and thank you for the support ^^

Oh ? Is it true ? My mistake then .v.

Well, I would identify ♥♪!? as agender (or no gender) but as Geno, I would identify as male :p
Geno is a male or he sees himself as male because of the doll but many people do see him as an it soooo yea...

Last edited by a moderator:

PKFreeze89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Scizor711
3DS FC
4742-5952-7792
can we ban this fool then. I don't believe we need this toxic guy in our thread. on a more funnier note watch this old message from geno back in smash kingdom guys.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=see6OH6cHa8
Wtf are you saying? I honestly didn't even know who Geno was until few days ago and if you can think he has chances of getting in, i have the right to think he won't get in. Stop being a fool and acting like everyone should agree with you.

Last edited:

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
RSF-Blue bomber said:
can we ban this fool then. I don't believe we need this toxic guy in our thread. on a more funnier note watch this old message from geno back in smash kingdom guys.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=see6OH6cHa8
Wtf are you saying? I honestly didn't even know who Geno was until few days ago and if you can think he has chances of getting in, i have the right to think he won't get in. Stop being a fool and acting like everyone should agree with you.
Can we please not do this? I don't want to see everybody devolve into stupid flamewars again.

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
Geno seems to be doing pretty well for himself on the Smash Ballot results, and I keep voting for him everyday so maybe we will finally be able to see our favorite puppet enter the world of Smash! :starman:

Toasterman247

Smash Cadet
NNID
Toasterman
Lots of people didn't know who Marth was in Melee. Tons more of people didn't know who Lucas was in Brawl. Even MORE people didn't know who Shulk or Duck Hunt Dog was. Just because people don't know a character doesn't mean that their chances of getting in are diminished. Like I said, Chill bruh. No need to bring such negativity into this thread.

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
Geno seems to be doing pretty well for himself on the Smash Ballot results, and I keep voting for him everyday so maybe we will finally be able to see our favorite puppet enter the world of Smash! :starman:
I'm always voting Geno, Shantae, Izuna the Unemployed Ninja and more to hope for the best that their chances can actually entering the world of SMASH in our modern futuristic of T-I-M-E!

Lots of people didn't know who Marth was in Melee. Tons more of people didn't know who Lucas was in Brawl. Even MORE people didn't know who Shulk or Duck Hunt Dog was. Just because people don't know a character doesn't mean that their chances of getting in are diminished. Like I said, Chill bruh. No need to bring such negativity into this thread.
Agreed! Please, no any negativity about our precious futuristic Star Warrior: Geno!
geno_sad_by_mangusulover-d4mivah.png
P.S: If, there's any hating comments about Geno, then move the F# out!
move-the-****-out-o.gif

GenoStrike

Smash Journeyman
It's really surprising how they've never reused this character. The rights issues and everything, whatever, it didn't bother them before when they brought him back for something extremely minute. Isn't it strange how such a beloved character is just... not used in a more important role? I mean, he was essentially the main character of SMRPG.

PKFreeze89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Scizor711
3DS FC
4742-5952-7792

Are you FOR REAL? Duck Hunt is one of the best selling games ever and Xenoblade has a big fanbase in Japan and even in the west.

The character you're rooting for has no games coming anytime soon, was part of a obscure game released 4 generations ago that didn't even sell well. I'm ok with you being supportive and all but don't make dumb assumptions just because you think those characters are irrelevant cause you know damn well they're not. I'm out of this thread.

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman
Warning Received

Are you FOR REAL? Duck Hunt is one of the best selling games ever and Xenoblade has a big fanbase in Japan and even in the west.I like owls there are cute and now I will leave this thread.
Geno also has a big fanbase in Japan and bye

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
The character you're rooting for has no games coming anytime soon, was part of a obscure game released 4 generations ago that didn't even sell well. I'm ok with you being supportive and all but don't make dumb assumptions just because you think those characters are irrelevant cause you know damn well they're not. I'm out of this thread.
You having your own opinion is fine, but coming in here just to assert that your opinion is "holier than thou" and call people out for "dumb assumptions" is not. Additionally the attitude/gifs are unnecessary. If you're going to leave a thread, just leave the thread.

Don't announce you're done, much less continue to spam the place with condescending tones/reaction images.

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman
You having your own opinion is fine, but coming in here just to assert that your opinion is "holier than thou" and call people out for "dumb assumptions" is not. Additionally the attitude/gifs are unnecessary. If you're going to leave a thread, just leave the thread.

Don't announce you're done, much less continue to spam the place with condescending tones/reaction images.
Super Moderator IsmaR Here to save the thread thank you for being awesome ^^

Sinn

Smash Lord

Chico2099

Smash Apprentice
I am all for Geno getting in as DLC I have been wanting him on the roster since Melee. I really hope it happens.!

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Hello new people! By the way, I've noticed the influx of new people the past couple of days. Did something happen? Was there an announcement or some-such?

Last edited:

GenoStrike

Smash Journeyman
Hello new people! By the way, I've noticed the influx of new people the past couple of days. Did something happen? Was there an announcement or some-such?
I signed up here a long time ago but completely forgot this place existed. I saw TerminalMontage's animation (been subscribed to his channel for awhile now) on YouTube when he posted it. I saw it again on a College Humor article that was discussing potential Smash characters. Then I happened to notice that his video linked to here, and so I joined the discussion.

Chico2099

Smash Apprentice
I signed up a good while back but, the Smash Ballot has boosted my interest in Smash Forums lol.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Hmm, I dunno. Seems sketchy. Like the video pointed out, I find it very strange that Ryu's music is super old school. Something about that really doesn't sit right with me.
Actually it's pretty much been confirmed at this point.

I'm already counting him as in the game

Toasterman247

Smash Cadet
NNID
Toasterman
Hmm, I dunno. Seems sketchy. Like the video pointed out, I find it very strange that Ryu's music is super old school. Something about that really doesn't sit right with me.
I take all this with a grain of salt until it's confirmed, but if it were to be real, they could just very well be placeholders until the time comes when their music becomes remade or whatever.

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
Great stuff here. I really like the fact that timed hits were implemented and you found a way to make Geno Beam practical instead of OP and obnoxious like it typically is in mods of him.

More Geno art I made covering his special attacks. Just what I think would be fun. Needed to feel very Sakurai, with gimmicks and all. Geno would probably be a technical character somewhere nearing the complexity of Shulk or Robin. Micromanaging your star power is key!
I'm a little late to the party, but WHOA. This is the most original and impressive moveset for Geno I've seen!

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Who is Shorts and what happened to them?
If you read three posts up you would have learned the second half.
Shorts was a very active user around these boards, he held many polls that the community used to see who were the most popular characters that we as a whole wanted in Smash. He passed away late November last year, wasn't the happiest of times, even with Smash Wii U just coming out.

Either way, this is not the place to be talking about him. So I think it would be nice if we stopped doing that.

TailsFan92

Smash Cadet
I know I am fairly new to the forum, but honestly the reason I joined was because it was just so nice to see people who cared about a single character as much as I do. Sure, I will admit that the Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot stirred my interest in joining the forum, but I have always loved Geno. I cosplay as him, I bought Super Mario RPG twice just so I could share the experience with a close friend of mine. I have been singing Kirbopher's rendition of Rawest Forest since late middle school. I would love to see this character again in ANY form. Although I am still new, I hope that you guys will see me just as much a regular visitor to the forum as Psycholnarnate or TerminalMontage.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr

This is awesome as always, and I don't know if it's intentional or it's just casuality, but the star power system is almost identical to the paint charge system that I used for my moveset of Adeleine.
It fits well both character, one because it emulates the MP of rpg games, the other because it emulates the paint gauge of Kirby Canvas Curse.
It's a bit similar to Lucario's aura, but more technical and with more impact on the moveset than just stronger hits/wider range.

Neosquid

Smash Cadet
NNID
Slowest_Of_Bros
New people? In the Geno thread? While I'm not surprised, it's been a while since we had a steady flow. Way to go, thread!

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Does anybody remember sakurai melee poll result http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n01/n64/software/nus_p_nalj/smash/PostResult3.html Geno and mallow were tied at rank 8 for a Mario rep.
:4bowser::4peach::4wario:Were confirmed now and toad and goomba and koopa troopa and kamek are deconfirmed now and the only characters left are Geno and Mallow and baby Mario. I don't understand why we got 2000s Mario characters newcomers :rosalina::4bowserjr:In ssb4 instead of the old classic, and people now are asking for captian toad...to take the original toad place :/

Last edited:
Top Bottom