• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior #Geno4Smash - Everyone's gotta do their part! Vote Geno

Revibe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Revibe
3DS FC
2380-4883-4721

More Geno art I made covering his special attacks. Just what I think would be fun. Needed to feel very Sakurai, with gimmicks and all. Geno would probably be a technical character somewhere nearing the complexity of Shulk or Robin. Micromanaging your star power is key!
This is so beautiful!!!! So conceptional, and very detailed! You made my week! Quick question, if the Up-B is similar to bowser jr's, can Geno still attack while the body is not attached? (I imagine it would be like down-b's blast for effects but rather in action he would 'fast-fall-attack' similar to how Toon Link or Sheik would down-air.)

=========================================================================================
Also to everyone,
I finished the first promotional Geno accessory. I had some 'out of paint' issues, and I couldn't decide on how the user should equip it, but here are the pics. HNI_0008.JPG HNI_0009.JPG (Sorry about it being side-ways 0_0")

Last edited:

RSF-Blue bomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lethlintejection
3DS FC
5069-3977-0380
This is so beautiful!!!! So conceptional, and very detailed! You made my week! Quick question, if the Up-B is similar to bowser jr's, can Geno still attack while the body is not attached? (I imagine it would be like down-b's blast for effects but rather in action he would 'fast-fall-attack' similar to how Toon Link or Sheik would down-air.)

=========================================================================================
Also to everyone,
I finished the first promotional Geno accessory. I had some 'out of paint' issues, and I couldn't decide on how the user should equip it, but here are the pics.View attachment 47426 View attachment 47427 (Sorry about it being side-ways 0_0")
I think instead of being able to attack he has a smaller hit box and good air mobility that almost none of the characters can hurt him while he is in this state. also bad news guy jontron is pushing banjo like crazy so we can't ask him to help our cause. i'm so glad we have terminal montage helping us out.

Toasterman247

Smash Cadet
NNID
Toasterman

More Geno art I made covering his special attacks. Just what I think would be fun. Needed to feel very Sakurai, with gimmicks and all. Geno would probably be a technical character somewhere nearing the complexity of Shulk or Robin. Micromanaging your star power is key!
Oh my god... it's beautiful. This would be like, the definitive gameplay mechanic for Geno, like how it is for Shulk. Honestly I almost want to say I hate you for showing this just because its so amazing cause even if Geno did get in this most likely wouldn't be how he played ;_;

Staarih

Smash Master
Have to chime in and agree with everyone, that moveset idea is amazing @ Solmatter Solmatter ! And I love the drawing style as well haha! It's very innovative, the Up + B is really creative and the star power meter carrying on to other attacks is brilliant. Ohhh, if only this happened for realsies...

ps. we want more!

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Have to chime in and agree with everyone, that moveset idea is amazing @ Solmatter Solmatter ! And I love the drawing style as well haha! It's very innovative, the Up + B is really creative and the star power meter carrying on to other attacks is brilliant. Ohhh, if only this happened for realsies...

ps. we want more!
i 80% agree with the moveset but why not 100%? because there is some moves from SMRPG that hasnt been used here

CF711

Smash Apprentice
Maybe but remember there's the alternative moveset (like for Charizard). :)

Seriously, we should go to Nintendo, slap these ideas on their desk and be like "SEE THIS ?! WE DID THE WORK FOR YOU ! PUT HIM IN !" XD
All that we would need to do now is a Smash 3D render and animations for him. Then just hand it to Nintendo and we've really done most of the work for them. lmao

Revibe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Revibe
3DS FC
2380-4883-4721

Solmatter

Smash Cadet
Hey guys! Thanks for all the positive feedback! Going to see what else I can come up with for Geno sometime soon. Maybe do a page for his smash attacks or some aerials. Those renders and animations are pretty cool. Personally I think his idle stance should be made better though, less robotic.

NateCurtis(NJC)

Smash Apprentice
Warning Received
So who owns Geno?
im not to sure but i think alpha dream owns him now, but still not sure

hey guy's thing's aren't really looking good for geno people have already made banjo-kazooie and shantae moveset's and they already tweeted them to Sakurai, here are the pictures

Last edited by a moderator:

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman
hey guy's thing's aren't really looking good for geno people have already made banjo-kazooie and shantae moveset's and they already tweeted them to Sakurai, here are the pictures
No ! It's not a bad thing ! Even better, it means WE could tweet what Solmatter did to Sakurai too ! Why not ? Of course, we wait for what you (Solmatter) will come up with later on. Afterall, we have no need to rush, we have until October. :)

NateCurtis(NJC)

Smash Apprentice
No ! It's not a bad thing ! Even better, it means WE could tweet what Solmatter did to Sakurai too ! Why not ? Of course, we wait for what you (Solmatter) will come up with later on. Afterall, we have no need to rush, we have until October. :)
Oh yeah, we can even tweet Solmatter's geno costumes to Sakurai, if Solmatter's okay with that

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah, we can even tweet Solmatter's geno costumes to Sakurai, if Solmatter's okay with that
I think we should the costumes are amazing and people will love them and the moveset is also amazing too

")
ummm I just thought he would use star power to hurt when in star form he uses a gold magic to hurt near by attackers like bowser jr hammer

Last edited by a moderator:

Solmatter

Smash Cadet
By all means, please do. Give credit I suppose.

Ahh, not bad. The Banjo one is very thorough, but this isn't how a professional concept artist would approach it. Shantae one's looking good. Tbh, she's my top pick if an indie game rep had to make it in. Shovel Knight just doesn't have the nintendo all star oomph.

Solmatter

Smash Cadet
Who's currently working on drawn movesets right now?
We could use some right now, and I'm surprised it hasn't been done yet.
I've got some alt possibilities and his special moves drawn up. I think we should clean up the OP to better impress new people that come to the thread. Go to a character thread that has more replies that we do and check out their format. The one we have now is good, just needs polish. :b:

RetroBro

Smash Ace
lol the hater, they're so smug and arrogant.

I love the "I was wrong threads." Must make them feel like jackasses

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman
All you guys made me soo proud to be a Geno fan and what gives me the most hope is that alpha dream wants Geno to be in a new game in a new Mario and Luigi game and a great start would be to put Geno in smash and then also said that Geno and Mallow join Mario and Luigi to save the Mushroom Kingdom.... but im getting ahead of myself XD

RetroBro

Smash Ace
I agree Zane!

This thread has definitely become incredibly active compared to what I'm used to, and we all handle our behavior pretty well ;)

RetroBro

Smash Ace
I know this doesn't mean that much and I posted it a while ago. Not many noticed cause it was at the bottom of a page. But I did a review of Super Mario RPG a couple months ago!

Top Bottom