• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior #Geno4Smash - Everyone's gotta do their part! Vote Geno

Geno Boost

Smash Master
I think this would be geno's model if he does join the game. who ever made this

is really good.View attachment 48072
i think it will more likley to look like this. this model is 95% perfect the only thing wrong is the ear and the nose and the unfinished cape and hat (and that orange thing) but his body and his shoes are really perfect also his hand is the same one from the japaness Geno hand artwork from SMRPG the size of the head shouldnt be big as the one from SMRPG because every characters thier did have a big head even mario and peach so we should have his head a bit smaller like this

Attachments

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
So I heard they found sound files from Sora (Kingdom Hearts) in the 3DS update

That means Square-Enix is involved with the game in some way...

Edit: https://tcrf.net/Super_Smash_Bros._for_Nintendo_3DS#Unused_DLC_Data

Although I realize it's a wiki and could be edited by ANYONE

I think we ought to hold off for more proof before we latch onto rumors like that. I don't want to see people build up their hopes on rumors and potentially get their hopes crushed like what happened during the Brawl days.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah, apparently it was fake

Somewhat good news, since I don't like the idea of sora in the game

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace

Sora would be a strange choice of a character for Square and Nintendo to want to put into Smash given that he is from a series that is primarily a Playstation one. Lots of people like Kingdom Hearts, though, which is why I understand why people want him in Smash.

Honestly the only two characters I can think of that would make sense as Square reps to me would be Geno and Black Mage.

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Hey, I've got an idea -- why don't we spam Screw Attack and campaign them to put Geno up against some other character in Death Battle?

I have no idea who we'd put him up against. What popular but similar character exists that Geno would have a reasonable chance of defeating in a fight?

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Hey, I've got an idea -- why don't we spam Screw Attack and campaign them to put Geno up against some other character in Death Battle?

I have no idea who we'd put him up against. What popular but similar character exists that Geno would have a reasonable chance of defeating in a fight?
i requested them to do Geno vs Black mage alot of times in the past

Last edited:

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman

Geno vs Black Mage lol

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman

There's also this Puppetter guy from a Manga (not Naruto but another one) who could be great to set up against. (Saw it in dA, can try to find it...)

But I would say it would be risky to set a Death Battle (if you want against the Black Mage, which is Geno's Smash Ballot rival in some way) , what would happen if Geno loses ? (Even if we found someone who he can defeat easily...)
I could see Screw Attack doing something like that to troll us. They are quite "good" at doing that (exemple: The recent DB with Tohr and Gaara, many fans raged when Gaara didn't win.)
But we can try, who knows what can happen. :p

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
After Mewtwo + 7 there are 5 additional “Mario”s listed. This means, that there are 5 additional unused characters in the fighter table in the latest update. Right now, we know for sure that Lucas is coming. After Lucas, it is heavily suggested that Roy (Fire Emblem) and Ryu (Street Fighter) will be incoming as DLC. Therefore, we have two additional slots for DLC. Whether the two slots will be used for the ballot results, or for pre-ballot result DLC is unknown. Stay tuned for additional information.

https://sourcegaming.wordpress.com/2015/04/18/all-about-ryu-and-roys-files/

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman
There's also this Puppetter guy from a Manga (not Naruto but another one) who could be great to set up against. (Saw it in dA, can try to find it...)

But I would say it would be risky to set a Death Battle (if you want against the Black Mage, which is Geno's Smash Ballot rival in some way) , what would happen if Geno loses ? (Even if we found someone who he can defeat easily...)
yea very worried of geno losing tbh
After Mewtwo + 7 there are 5 additional “Mario”s listed. This means, that there are 5 additional unused characters in the fighter table in the latest update. Right now, we know for sure that Lucas is coming. After Lucas, it is heavily suggested that Roy (Fire Emblem) and Ryu (Street Fighter) will be incoming as DLC. Therefore, we have two additional slots for DLC. Whether the two slots will be used for the ballot results, or for pre-ballot result DLC is unknown. Stay tuned for additional information.

yes but we are still not sure if Roy and Ryu are coming still and the ballot con only be for the Top or the ballet is just for show... they is a lot to worry about

Steelia

Smash Champion

I *sincerely* doubt that Sakurai would make this massive poll, only to include ONE or two characters from it. Lucas, Roy, Ryu, and undoubtedly Wolf could take those slots. I'm thinking another newcomer for the 5th slot that might not be from the poll, but like Ryu was scheduled to be included as pre-ballot DLC with the above mentioned and Mewtwo.

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman
I *sincerely* doubt that Sakurai would make this massive poll, only to include ONE or two characters from it. Lucas, Roy, Ryu, and undoubtedly Wolf could take those slots. I'm thinking another newcomer for the 5th slot that might not be from the poll, but like Ryu was scheduled to be included as pre-ballot DLC with the above mentioned and Mewtwo.
I hope your right

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Pretty sure this was the case. These five are probably the characters that Nintendo intended to have as DLC from the get-go. I'm still thinking at least two people will be chosen from the ballot. Of course, even more could be revealed in the Lucas patch so this all could very drastically change.

NateCurtis(NJC)

Smash Apprentice

I'm still not to sure if roy and ryu are going to become DLC because in brawl there was a victory theme for roy but roy was never in the game(if u need more evidence DYKG made a video saying it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ciImvi3KCk skip to 3:28) But u know that i'm just saying this cause i still want room for geno in the game:awesome::estatic:

Steelia

Smash Champion
I'm still not to sure if roy and ryu are going to become DLC because in brawl there was a victory theme for roy but roy was never in the game(if u need more evidence DYKG made a video saying it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ciImvi3KCk skip to 3:28) But u know that i'm just saying this cause i still want room for geno in the game:awesome::estatic:
The BIG difference here is that (for one) there's DLC, which SSBB couldn't do. And (for two) Roy's victory tune was added during Mewtwo's patch... AKA, after the release of the game. Why add scrapped content post-launch?:laugh:

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman
The BIG difference here is that (for one) there's DLC, which SSBB couldn't do. And (for two) Roy's victory tune was added during Mewtwo's patch... AKA, after the release of the game. Why add scrapped content post-launch?:laugh:
false leads idk just to fool the data miners and they can always remove the content that was added

Revibe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Revibe
3DS FC
2380-4883-4721

Could be edited by anyone, including Square themselves. A small fake news, to confirm, yet not spoil DREAMS DREAMS DREAMS FEELS

Roy/Lucina as to Olimar/Alph & Bowser Jr ???????

Could you guys imagine them just selling costumes hahaha <.<;;;;;

Look at this almost model of Geno I found!

J.k. all :D

Last edited:

Malkasaur

Smash Journeyman
I have a somewhat personal reason for wanting Geno added. You see, growing up, I used to watch my dad play SMRPG for me. He had mastered the game, and had beaten it multiple times. I had bonded with him over it. I also grew up playing Melee with my family, so I wanted Geno to be in Brawl, because I loved SMRPG and thought Geno was cool. This is my chance. Having Geno in Smash 4 would be a dream come true. SO GET VOTING! FORCE EVERYONE YOU KNOW TO VOTE FOR GENO! GENO OR RITOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman
I have a somewhat personal reason for wanting Geno added. You see, growing up, I used to watch my dad play SMRPG for me. He had mastered the game, and had beaten it multiple times. I had bonded with him over it. I also grew up playing Melee with my family, so I wanted Geno to be in Brawl, because I loved SMRPG and thought Geno was cool. This is my chance. Having Geno in Smash 4 would be a dream come true. SO GET VOTING! FORCE EVERYONE YOU KNOW TO VOTE FOR GENO! GENO OR RITOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Welcome in the Geno Train, friend ! Glad to have you in our troop~ Do your best to spread the words and Geno's awesomeness :D
Have your dad vote for Geno as well ! It would help too :D

twinAgony

Smash Rookie
Is it sad enough that that's exactly what I'm doing? -Uh, nevermind, just talking to myself here. Welcome to the thread tho, now we can wish for Geno together and wait until that wish reach Star Road to come true.
Hmm, I wonder why Geno's fanbase is bigger than Mallow's. Don't get me wrong! What I mean is, Mallow's not THAT bad of a character, but it's more difficult to find a 'Mallow Fan' than a 'Geno Fan'. This thread is a proof itself of what I'm talking about *rolls eyes at herself and her troubles when explaining something*

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman
Is it sad enough that that's exactly what I'm doing? -Uh, nevermind, just talking to myself here. Welcome to the thread tho, now we can wish for Geno together and wait until that wish reach Star Road to come true.
Hmm, I wonder why Geno's fanbase is bigger than Mallow's. Don't get me wrong! What I mean is, Mallow's not THAT bad of a character, but it's more difficult to find a 'Mallow Fan' than a 'Geno Fan'. This thread is a proof itself of what I'm talking about *rolls eyes at herself and her troubles when explaining something*
Well Mallow to me feels like he was just there.. A lost "frog" looking for his parents but Geno's Mission was to save the world and return the power of wishing to the world... It just seems cooler plus as a toy Geno kicked Mario's butt (knocking him out)

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, it's kinda sad. I like both Geno and Mallow (a little more for Geno but not that much). I always thought that for Mallow, Geno was a sort of big brother for him. I would love to see Mallow come back as an Assit Trophey or who knows, maybe in one of Geno's attack ? I would love some team work :D

And yeah, plus, didn't Geno said that he took this doll as a vessel because it was "the strongest among the other doll" ? Talk about shattering Mario's ego there x'D

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, it's kinda sad. I like both Geno and Mallow (a little more for Geno but not that much). I always thought that for Mallow, Geno was a sort of big brother for him. I would love to see Mallow come back as an Assit Trophey or who knows, maybe in one of Geno's attack ? I would love some team work :D

And yeah, plus, didn't Geno said that he took this doll as a vessel because it was "the strongest among the other doll" ? Talk about shattering Mario's ego there x'D
yea I would love to see Mallow as an assist trophy he could use thunder or the snowman to hurt foes and use healing rains to heal allies :D

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
vote for geno in this voting poll from a guy named loves smash on youtube
poll:http://strawpoll.me/4033902
his channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpW0nU86GXRcMO1sg4nlF3Q
a geno video that he did:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqA26AMntmY

Wow, Geno only has 2% of votes in that poll. :(

What happened to all of the Geno supporters that were around during Brawl? Geno made it to the top three on the Brawl poll. Now he's among the dregs. What happened and how can we solve this?

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I voted for Geno in that poll, because Adeleine wasn't in :p (and I don't want to comment on his video)
Also, Chorus Kids, Marshal or Karate Joe was too vague, if it was just Karate Joe I would have had some troubles deciding.

Solmatter

Smash Cadet
Wow, Geno only has 2% of votes in that poll. :(

What happened to all of the Geno supporters that were around during Brawl? Geno made it to the top three on the Brawl poll. Now he's among the dregs. What happened and how can we solve this?
I know what you mean. The issue was that he was basically a shoe-in for brawl, up there with sonic and dedede, but he never ended up in the game. I remember feeling a little bummed out, and I had to write it off as a legal issue. Nowadays, that mindset is pretty much crystallized in his fans; if he didn't get in during the brawl, he won't get in period. Geno fans are some of the most passionate, and to be honest, I feel like they've moved on to avoid heartbreak. Sure it would be safe if I went on to support Isaac or something, but it's kind of fun campaigning a serious underdog.

To fix it, we need to campaign him as an underdog, a black horse. He'd be a surprising pick that everybody would love, but they don't know it yet.

EDIT: Remember during the brawl hype days, Geno was the Ridley/K. Rool/Rayman. Someone even made a fake hack to show that he was playable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_Jy3d9v3u8

Last edited:

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Nowadays, that mindset is pretty much crystallized in his fans; if he didn't get in during the brawl, he won't get in period. Geno fans are some of the most passionate, and to be honest, I feel like they've moved on to avoid heartbreak.
Which I don't understand. Why would they think that? Why not just support Geno because they like the character and not based on the likelihood that he'll get in? Is it impossible to try again in their minds? What is the matter with everybody?

I feel like convincing those people would be like convincing a friend to get back into the dating game after they suffered a serious, traumatic breakup. :/

Last edited:

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
vote for geno in this voting poll from a guy named loves smash on youtube
poll:http://strawpoll.me/4033902
his channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpW0nU86GXRcMO1sg4nlF3Q
a geno video that he did:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqA26AMntmY
Just now, I voted Geno to hope for the extremely hardcore best sakes for Geno only and #GenoForSmash! Vote Geno!.jpg P.S: I shared that Strawpoll link on my Geno fanbase page:https://www.facebook.com/pages/Geno...isons/1722501687975421?notif_t=page_new_likes

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
LOL, for a week I couldn't figure out how to advance in SUper Mario RPG

Apparently I forgot to trade the frog coin for the cricket pie

Top Bottom