• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf Sword Mode for ProjectM

Brosach

Smash Cadet
If I remember correctly he connects the hitbox to the skeleton of the character, therefore it ain't a real projectile, it is like a another limb

\Apples

Smash Journeyman
If I remember correctly he connects the hitbox to the skeleton of the character, therefore it ain't a real projectile, it is like a another limb
This is correct.

EDIT: What are we thinking about the specials I proposed? I wanna get a discussion going here, we've got some activity.

Last edited:

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
Then im really curious how pmbr team managed to give a projectile on mewtwo, a clone engine character.

I never have items activated on Project M but that super scope shot from dark lord ganondorf video i showed, would that be considered as a projectile? There's a possibilty to recolor that color through common.pac file and change the stats and trajectory on psa.

Last edited:

Isen

Smash Rookie
Loving this mod. Could you change Ganon's Up-B to be able to go in any direction like Mewtwo's?

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
Loving this mod. Could you change Ganon's Up-B to be able to go in any direction like Mewtwo's?
He could change it, but that will probably make Ganondorf quite powerful with the sword mode as well as his Flame Choke ridiculously powerful for recovery. Beside, the Startup damage knock up his target while teleporting himself up was meant for the chase.
Anyway we'll see how Ashingda and the others have to say.

Isen

Smash Rookie
He could change it, but that will probably make Ganondorf quite powerful with the sword mode as well as his Flame Choke ridiculously powerful for recovery. Beside, the Startup damage knock up his target while teleporting himself up was meant for the chase.
Anyway we'll see how Ashingda and the others have to say.
Is this meant to be balanced?

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
Ganon's new Up-B was limited on purpose, cant have it be too OP right? The magic mode will be able to go any direction, if he even gets a teleport.

Version 3.0 was created on top of the current version of PM 3.02. It should have everything current.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
I am liking where this is going. 3 stances? ugh awesome. have downloaded the newest version and will post opinions and things and stuff sometime this weekend

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Some friends and I tested the new version out. Overall, he's a lot less overpowered (mostly because 2.3 dair spike was godly OP as all hell). His new recovery is certainly interesting, and it's hilarious how well it sets up for ganoncide, but it doesn't really thematically fit. 2.3 had a much flashier, thematically fitting recovery, even though it was probably way too good. His new recovery seems much more like it would be good for the wisdom mode you're considering. That said, is the second recovery supposed to actually give height, or does it just shift momentum? When actually recovering from below the ledge, the second recovery tends to not actually give Ganon any noticeable height, iirc. The ability to act out of the first is really useful and cool, especially for a sword wielder, however. His up-b sets up nicely for follow ups, and up-b to aerial down-b is loads of fun. Another thing: the 3.0 grounded down-b looks really awesome and fits in with the character really well, but doesn't seem to all that useful for approach, which is what I'd though it was for. Ganon flashes like he's using a counter or he's got a little bit of armor or something, but it gets interrupted by projectiles. I’m not suggesting he should be given a bunch of armor, as the amount of armor he had in 2.3 was way too much, and it’s good to see that that was toned down this update, but my group hasn’t been able to think of a use for it so far. All around, we really like most of the changes made in this time and look forward to further updates.

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
Then im really curious how pmbr team managed to give a projectile on mewtwo, a clone engine character.

I never have items activated on Project M but that super scope shot from dark lord ganondorf video i showed, would that be considered as a projectile? There's a possibilty to recolor that color through common.pac file and change the stats and trajectory on psa.
I believe he was made from lucario's PSA

How are things going so far Ashingda? Is there something that troubles you?
I'm just taking a break to do other things. Also trying to hack into the article first before moving onto using the fake projectiles.

@ PMS | Tink-er PMS | Tink-er
Thanks for testing it out and for the feedback! The 2nd Up-B is for optional/situational damage and has horizontal movements. It also turns towards the direction he is moving so to enable a ledge grab.

The flashes on Down-B are purely aesthetics, this move is replacing the function of the old Down-B which wasn't much of an approach as it is a follow up. It's probably best used after hitting or grabbing and when the opponent is recovery. I had wanted it to be timed or situational so it's not OP, besides in Twilight Princess this move was what allows the player to beat him up/ or get beaten up. The jab covers the short distance, tilt covers the mid, dash-attack covers the far and Down-B covers beyond that.

Guel

Smash Journeyman
As im not a fan of unbalanced play and merely use this for fun. Id love to see 2.2s jab make a return. I rly enjoyed it.

Last edited:

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
okay, so my weekend ended up being a bit more hectic than I had anticipated lol. here we go.

first off, in normal mode while he's idle, Ganondorf's arm behaves very strangely, shaky... and almost as if it's about to fall off. lol

A,A,A: I like the idea of it, and the new use of the Sparta Kick. my issue with it is that it's not fast enough to link together properly. pretty sure that the sword swing is to blame, even mid combo it can be shielded. at least, I am fairly certain of it, will have to test with people to be 100% sure.

Ftilt: glad to see it reverted, good to see it back

Dtilt: as long as the lightning punch makes its way into the mage moveset I have 0 complaints

Utilt: now here's the first biggie. the hitbox is fine, if a little big, and the knockback works so far as I can tell. my problem is an aesthetic one. as someone who has some small experience handling real swords, Ganondorf looks so derpy to me during this move I actually laughed out loud when I first tested it. unfortunately I can't suggest a better animation right away; perhaps having someone do a similar swing IRL will give you a point of reference?

Dash attack: I like it, my favorite new animation of the bunch. although I have to ask, is it supposed to hit behind him as well?

Fsmash: good to have it back, it works even better than it did in previous versions.

Dsmash: now links together properly. no complaints

Upsmash: I might be the only one who thinks this move is fine as is lol, considering the animation the hitbox seems appropriate to me. next favorite new move

Bair: another success. but you can't Lcancel it, just fyi

Dair: teh stomp! It'll improve this moveset a lot. I would ask for some kind of animation change to make it less Falcon-y, but I'm sure you have other priorities lol

as far as i can tell, the other airs are the same, so I'll skip over those.

Warlock Lightning Sword (B): once again, I love the concept... but it doesn't work as a move. opponents can drop and tech out of the hitboxes on the sword and avoid the actual swing with alarming consistency. I would suggest making it a vortex hitbox of sorts; if they get hit by the lightning of the blade, they deserve to get hit by the rest of the move imo

YOLO Charge (Down B): This is back where it belongs imo. while I understand your reasoning for not having armor on it, in TP Ganondorf could leap out of it. having this be JCable would be beyond dumb, even in a game where the spacies exist. perhaps he could be able to roll/sidestep out of it? safe-ish while still punishable? i suggest this because Ganondorf lacks any real mindgames; having a genuine mixup could be beneficial

Dark Transmission (UpB): I like it, it feels like it's in character. considering that the 2nd UpB gives you horizontal momentum, I think it works quite well. combo breaker, reversal and recovery move all in one.

The overall nerfed recovery doesn't bother me, it gives you something to consider when switching between stances

imo a big step in the right direction

Last edited:

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
@ Shadow Huan Shadow Huan
As of now A,A,A will now be changed to just A,A which will be kick,sword and the fist will only be for normal and magic modes. I did some testing and it is a little slow to connect, will fix it. I agree with the u-tilt animation, it does look a bit off. I didn't spend much time on that animation, yet. It will be adjusted on the next update. Down-B use to be interruptible while running with a block or jump, I had thought it wasn't necessary because it is faster now but appears I am wrong and will be rectified. I'll have to do some testing with B-Air hehe. I get mixed reviews on Up-B some say it doesn't fit him and some say it fits but while in his intro he does step out of a portal not to mention warping around in TP.

Thanks for the feedback, greatly appropriated.

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
Would be hilarious for his Down-B rush if there was a follow-up animation where he bend his sword in defensive state for a few frames while still running, which would deflect incoming projectiles. This way Ganon will play a game of deflecting incoming attacks, triggered too early while there's no projectile to deflect and he won't be able to block for a moment. If suceed he can deflect again with no cooldown.

Imagine deflecting all the needles Sheik is throwing? :D

Last edited:

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
@ Shadow Huan Shadow Huan
As of now A,A,A will now be changed to just A,A which will be kick,sword and the fist will only be for normal and magic modes. I did some testing and it is a little slow to connect, will fix it. I agree with the u-tilt animation, it does look a bit off. I didn't spend much time on that animation, yet. It will be adjusted on the next update. Down-B use to be interruptible while running with a block or jump, I had thought it wasn't necessary because it is faster now but appears I am wrong and will be rectified. I'll have to do some testing with B-Air hehe. I get mixed reviews on Up-B some say it doesn't fit him and some say it fits but while in his intro he does step out of a portal not to mention warping around in TP.

Thanks for the feedback, greatly appropriated.

Great to see you back!

I really like this version! And I agree on most things people said Bair, Utilt etc. but i really like the new Up B. the only way i would change it is maybe the second up B you can do can go as far as the original but only horizontally. Kinda of like Pikachu just slower. So first would be a more vertical recovery and if you choose to do a second it would be a more horizontal.

And im really excited to see the future magic mode.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord

Mewtwo is a lucario clone.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Also his Ground Punch i found a video of, somewhere around "0:30". While the next video around "3:00 and up" is his Sword-Up-B animation,which could go for Magic Ganon Up-B without the sword.
I'm pretty sure thats the ground punch I made :p

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
@ Ashingda:

I think I can actually help with the uptilt. if I recall correctly, Mitsurugi in SCII has a move a whole ton like what the new uptilt is. since nearly all the moves in Soul Calibur as a series are wonderfully animated, it should work as a point of reference... I'll dig out my copy of the game and post the move name and input... and hope you have a copy too lol -.-'

worst case scenario I can use my Dazzle and record/post it.

I'll be back with said info sometime tomorrow

as for the down b, I would definently say to keep tinkering with it. the ideal version shouldn't be as vulnerable as it currently is, but shouldn't be really safe either imo. perhaps make the timing of the interruption strict? I'm not really sure how to put it. finding the right balance will likely be trail and mostly error lol

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
okay I found it, it's under Mitsurugi's vertical attacks, it's the first hit in the string named "Wing Blade~Cold Stitch". he'll have to be on the right side of the screen to properly see him do it, but it seems to be exactly what you want for the uptilt.

let me know if I have to post a video lol

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
Well guys, I tried some funny stuff today (swapping Lucario model and animation into Ganondorf while retaining Lucario PSA)
Here's a video of it (which I hope in the future you can give Ganondorf a real projectile, but sadly his D-taunt didnt show his sword, even though he got his sword model on his FitGanonMotionEtc.pac)

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, Caporai here :D
how's going for your work? Is there something that you need help with? (gonna try to see if lucario can use ganondorf's effect.)

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Great to see you back!

I really like this version! And I agree on most things people said Bair, Utilt etc. but i really like the new Up B. the only way i would change it is maybe the second up B you can do can go as far as the original but only horizontally. Kinda of like Pikachu just slower. So first would be a more vertical recovery and if you choose to do a second it would be a more horizontal.

And im really excited to see the future magic mode.
I'm gonna reply to my self cause I really do think the teleport should be a better recovery, either increase the range on the first teleport or allow a second one with the same range as the first but horizontal. Cause it's a little to easy for an opponent to edge guard Ganon now. Or I just fall to my doom cause it's too short and the down B doesn't give you an extra jump like Fist Ganon.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
I'm gonna reply to my self cause I really do think the teleport should be a better recovery, either increase the range on the first teleport or allow a second one with the same range as the first but horizontal. Cause it's a little to easy for an opponent to edge guard Ganon now. Or I just fall to my doom cause it's too short and the down B doesn't give you an extra jump like Fist Ganon. I'll prefer a 2 teleport option- one vertical one horizontal it won't be OP I think...

Edit: I'm stupid.... I just realized I can do side B after teleport for a horizontal recovery... Wow that was dumb.
Still I think there should be some more range on the second teleport cause it's a little to short now, maybe half the range of the first?

Last edited:

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
Well guys, I did put a super scope ball as real projectile for him (similar as Gandouken video, but it still perform like Super scope shot, which burns and does big knockback).

Just realized that how to make Super Scope Shot go slow, it must be edited through RSBE01.gct (which I don't know how to edit). I wonder how I can pull that of? Also need to know if I can put an External Graphic Effect on Super Scope Shot, if it require a bone?

here's the one i managed to do (on the first video). the second video must be edited through RSBE01.gct:

Last edited:

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
Well i made scopeshot smaller and weaker (Only changed fire projectile value in half on his .pac in PSA ). But it still travel fast and disappear before ganondorf ends his animation. Also i tried to change scopeshot into issac hand shot, but he didnt generate anything.

Last edited:

Kes

Smash Cadet
I'm not the best at this stuff, would there be any possible way I could continue using 3.0 of this mod, but change the sword out to be the sword from his Melee taunt or a Darknut sword instead?

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
I'm not the best at this stuff, would there be any possible way I could continue using 3.0 of this mod, but change the sword out to be the sword from his Melee taunt or a Darknut sword instead?
Open brawlbox 0.71 and open FitGanonMotionEtc.pac . From there you will find both Modeldata0 and Texturedata0 which contains his sword. To replace TP sword into Darknut sword, export both Modeldata0 and Texturedata0 from darknut version (both of them should be red icon when exporting).Open TP version and replace TPs Modeldata0 and Texturedata0 into what you've exported from darknut version.

Try not to check inside the Modeldata0 on darknut version, as an error might show up which brawlbox wants to fix. But it will mess up his sword instead. If you happen to get that error, do not save the file and restart the process.

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
Updates:
This is still in the early experimental stage, a lot of things are not functioning yet. Renaming this mode to TriforceGanon from now on because of the changes to the different modes. The version will also recount from zero up.

Magic mode: (U-Taunt)
Jab - Combos into F-Tilt for now.
F-Tilt - Is the vanilla jab with ranged hitbox
D-Smash - A modified ground pound.
U-Smash - Uppercut into lightning.
N-Air - Air punch with ranged hitbox
Neutral-B - Similar to the old fake projectile. Deals no damage until it reaches the max distance. Press "A" to manually explode and deal damage.

Normal mode: (S-Taunt)
- unchanged.

Sword mode: (D-Taunt)
Jab - Is now only (kick,sword).
U-Tilt - Animation adjustments.
Dash-A: Animation adjustments.

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCYk8eHcCXk

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/b4xo66s4lsxgkbs/TriforceGanon v0.1.zip

Last edited:

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
Nice work man. Gonna check it soon. Also do you need help with something at the moment?

Also about his article (his sword), is it possible to make it a real projectile or does it need to exist in FitGanon.pac?

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Updates:
This is still in the early experimental stage, a lot of things are not functioning yet. Renaming this mode to TriforceGanon from now on because of the changes to the different modes. The version will also recount from zero up.

Magic mode: (U-Taunt)
Jab - Combos into F-Tilt for now.
F-Tilt - Is the vanilla jab with ranged hitbox
D-Smash - A modified ground pound.
U-Smash - Uppercut into lightning.
N-Air - Air punch with ranged hitbox
Neutral-B - Similar to the old fake projectile. Deals no damage until it reaches the max distance. Press "A" to manually explode and deal damage.

Normal mode: (S-Taunt)
- unchanged.

Sword mode: (D-Taunt)
Jab - Is now only (kick,sword).
U-Tilt - Animation adjustments.
Dash-A: Animation adjustments.

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCYk8eHcCXk

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/b4xo66s4lsxgkbs/TriforceGanon v0.1.zip
So cool. Is there a separate thread for triforce ganon?

Top Bottom