• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf Sword Mode for ProjectM

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Those were changes in 3.01, not 3.02. In 3.02 (what he asked for) they didn't change Ganondorf.
I think the main concern (which is also my concern) is that ganondorf sword mode 2.3 wont work in P:M 3.02.
I think someone said it freezes in 3.01, I'm not 100% sure if that is the case or not. Has anyone else tried 2.3 on 3.01 or 3.02 now?

When I finish my build on this, it wont be built on the P:M 3.02 ganondorf. I wont be able to work on that unless someone attaches the sword to ganondorfs hand bone in 3.02 for me, or someone teaches me how to do it. It would be nice if it just worked, but i have no idea. I think I mentioned this before, I'm not gona bother dling P:M updates till there are some super significant changes. This is mainly because I play with my own build and i just finished transfering everything over the way I wanted to, so I dont wana do it allll over again now lol.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Okay so good news.. i may be prepared to post a beta version of my mod some time this weekend
there are a few aesthetic bugs, but most things work nicely right now. I'm just editing hitboxes. So if all goes well you guys can see what ive been up to very soon ;)

Rage83

Smash Ace
Ganondorf really shouldn't freeze in 3.01 or 3.02, because his only PSA edit since 3.0 is the Down-B......

The Shadow

Smash Apprentice
I think Ganondorf is forced to win every time he uses his Down-B
EDIT:Lol Side-B

Last edited:

REVENAUT1313

Smash Cadet
NNID
REVENAUT1313
I think the main concern (which is also my concern) is that ganondorf sword mode 2.3 wont work in P:M 3.02.
I think someone said it freezes in 3.01, I'm not 100% sure if that is the case or not. Has anyone else tried 2.3 on 3.01 or 3.02 now?

When I finish my build on this, it wont be built on the P:M 3.02 ganondorf. I wont be able to work on that unless someone attaches the sword to ganondorfs hand bone in 3.02 for me, or someone teaches me how to do it. It would be nice if it just worked, but i have no idea. I think I mentioned this before, I'm not gona bother dling P:M updates till there are some super significant changes. This is mainly because I play with my own build and i just finished transfering everything over the way I wanted to, so I dont wana do it allll over again now lol.
I've got to say I've been using Sword Ganondorf Final for a week or two and haven't noticed any issues since updating PM to 3.02

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
holy **** i jsut got a stupid completely random un explainable freeze. i dont know wtf is wrong with it suddenly. im gonna lose my mind. the down B i edited is suddenly freeing now.
this S*** better start working by tmro or im gona be really cheesed

xbeton0L

Smash Rookie
Love the concepts here! Just getting back into Brawl hacking again.

I don't know about necessarily nerfing Ganon's speed like I've seen suggested, as he's merely swapping movesets. Not becoming an entirely new character.

That being said, I think Swordendorf should be more of a damage-dealing sentry. Much like Nightmare/Sigfried from Soul Calibur. He deals tremendous damage, with reduced kickback, and if the right combo is chained, can win a bout in mere moments. But much like the Soul Calibur counterparts, they haven't a sliver of decent mobility. Arguably I think the more significant change should be in Ganondorf's mobility, in exchange for moveset fluidity. But that may be asking too much.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Im gona post my beta of this tonight i think.. Take a look and see what you think, maybe we can work together on some ideas. Are you good at hacking?

xbeton0L

Smash Rookie
I have some experience, mostly with modeling and animations. My expertise with PSA is somewhat new though, but I'm good at finding workarounds. I'll help contribute in whatever ways I can.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
hm k that'd be sweet. My animation an modeling skills are what need work. we can talk details in the future about stuff we can work on (if you're up for it)

xbeton0L

Smash Rookie
Sure thing. Just sent you a PM.

As for Swordondorf, I'm liking how he is turning out. I'll just need to know the easiest way to get his target animations from BrawlBox into Maya/Max and back again.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
In case you guys weren't sure... that link is to my thread with the link to my ganondorf edit. Read the post for some info, and let me know what you think!

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
Hello everyone I am back, actually have been back for almost a week now. Got some great new ideas while I was gone and going to hit up this project again. I am also now collaborating a bit with BronzeGreekGod and we are making good progress, although we are working together we both will have separate versions.

I will be making a BIG update soon with new contents.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Hello everyone I am back, actually have been back for almost a week now. Got some great new ideas while I was gone and going to hit up this project again. I am also now collaborating a bit with BronzeGreekGod and we are making good progress, although we are working together we both will have separate versions.

Yay you're back! Looking forward to it :)

Caporai

Smash Journeyman

Alright. You guys are amazing for making Sword Ganon, and I can't wait for your version as well Ashingda. :D

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven

1354394195718.png

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
good to see that you're back, been lurking on the boards since I started practicing Injustice

just to put this out there on behalf of Life, the armor on the current swordendorf's dash attack is ludicrously strong. like, ignoring Falcon's knee at 130% strong lol.

I suppose I'll float around and keep an eye for the next update

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
Version 3.0 Big Update!

Lots of animation fixes, new moves and also returning ones!

Jab: Now is a 1~2~3 hit combo!
F-Tilt: Restored to Thrust.
D-Tilt: -Vanilla-
U-Tilt: New! A simple upward sword strike.

F-Smash: Restored to Elbow+Sword.
D-Smash: Both hits connects now.
U-Smash: New! This may need more work later, it's just way too big haha.

N-Air: Same
F-Air: Reworked the swing animation, looks smoother now.
B-Air: New! Animation took way longer than I'd like.
D-Air: -Vanilla-

Neutral-B: Restored to earlier Sword version.
Side-B: -Vanilla-
Down-B: Restored to the Sword Rush attack
Up-B: New! Ganondorf teleports through a portal. Unlike the other teleports he is limited to only going upwards, but deals damage at the start up and can act afterwards and also perform a 2nd up-b before going into a dive fall.

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIbb374g9vY

Download
http://www.mediafire.com/download/afu6d5cy0wzv4us/Ganondorf+v3.0.zip

Comming Soon:
(FistMode + SwordMode + MagicMode) = Triforce Ganon
I think I got enough space to fit all three into the PSA.

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman
Looks great. It will be a challenge to balance three (or I guess two, really) different versions of Ganon, but 3.0 already looks so promising that I can't help but keep my hopes high. Keep up the good work!

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
(Fist Mode = Power)
(Magic Mode = Wisdom)
(Sword Mode = Courage)

I tried your version now against my little brother (who main Link, god i hate his Link and his projectiles), and so far he doesn't find Ganondorf OP now. (I used "V2.3" and "BronzeGreekGod version 2.8" before and he found them OP, mainly for D-air and Down-B)
But he still goes "why are u still using Sword Ganondorf? take the sword off and fight like a man, cheater!!!. -.-" which I humbly do.

Anyway about his Sword Mode...

Up-B (Teleport or Void Leap):
-----------------------------
Usage:
My favorite move for now since Ganondorf can chase the opponent in the air. Even good use when they dash attack while blocking, or evading nasty projectiles (yes, I still looking at you Link). Beware though if you Up-B at the ground and then you are off the stage, as there are moment you think you have Up-B as your recovery, only to realize that u already used it and fall down into the abyss.

Combo-wise:
"With Side-B the Flame Choke, there's a high possibilty to hit the target with the startup Up-B, popping them up. Teleport Side Up-B so u can hit Side-B air with good precision, you can grab/slam the target way down, which again you can Up-B again. With these you can even almost do infinite combo with Up-B and Side-B only and can finish it with Up-B-> U-Air. But that depends on how high they go, fast they fall and if they can recover from it. Fast faller like Falco or Fox doesn't reach high enough as well as they starts to fall when Ganondorf reaches at the top. For those who doesn't fast fall, but doesn't go high for the startup, just D-air them.

Recovery:
"One thing for sure is that he lost his Horizontal Recovery (Wizard Foot jump), which is a nerf but I don't mind though, since you can teleport+choke. He has however problem to hog the edge though when facing away, (Although I don't know so much of it) so i either Side-B or Up-B again just to readjust myself to grab the edge." Remember that like other teleporters, you can't teleport through the ceiling. (As i faced the Chemical Plant Zone stage where the middle part opens and lock the victims to death)

Thoughts: His startup for Up-B feels hard to hit sometimes, but that's me though. (IMO 10-20% increased for the hitbox would be nice.)
----------------------------

Down-B (Sword Rush):
---------------------------
Usage:
"At Ground": Rarely to Non-existance against a Link-user (Since he will still be interrupted by 3 annoying projectiles), and I hate Link.
"In the Air": Feels good and very funny to use during Up-B combo. (Beware though, no Wizard foot jump, so Ganondorf will kill himself outside the stage).

Combo-wise: with AAA attack knockback, you can do Sword Rush to chase the target. but I mainly use Dash Attack since that move hits the downed target.

Recovery: Nope, not with this one.

Thoughts: Only problem i find for Down-B air is Ganondorf can't grab the edge with it.
--------------------------

Neutral-B (Execution Strike):
-------------------------
Usage: Sometimes when opponent doesn't see this coming. Nice to use when opponent decide to D-dodge an incoming attack from the air, since the startup of Neutral-B will attack before Ganondorf swings.
-------------------------

Overall. I find his moveset awesome, but at same time I miss his Sword Up-B from v2.3, which looked really badass. There are moments where his attacks passes through the opponent and misses (which now i really forgot which one).

Thank you for this Version 3.0 Ashingda. And I hope you manage to put in Magic Ganon as well :)

Last edited:

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
Awesome I'm glad you enjoy it. As for Magic Ganon only ideas has been generated nothing has actually been put into action yet. I will gladly like to take more ideas if anyone care to share. So far myself and BronzeGreekGod has gotten a good basic plan for most of the moveset.

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking more of a trapmaster for Magic Ganon, with a mix of Zelda, Snake and Mewtwo. Like he got:

Both his Up-B and Side-B is same as Zelda's Side-B and Up-B, but with Darkness effect and probably shorter range.
Down-B is a Dark Vortex when holding the button, which pulls the opponent closer to him and his traps (could work with wind effect) and upon release, he unleash an explosion of darkness. Can check out Sarumawa's Sword Ganondorf, his Down-B would do the animation.
Neutral B is a slow-moving projectile.
and D-Smash a landmine like Snake, but similar animation and effect as Mewtwo.

well that's far I can think of, for now. but I will be back.

\Apples

Smash Journeyman
YO, filthy work here.

3.0 sword looks incredible I can't wait to test it out. Bringing it to work tomorrow where it'll get great exposure. I'll have specific feedback then, but I think this looks great. Very very happy with these changes.

I like the way Caporai is thinking with the magic moveset. Idk about the Snake trap and the projectile, if he just had a single Din's Fire charge for a side b that functioned like something more suited to his core playstyle, it would work. If he were given such range, should be weaker in close range.

Make his Fair the same animation, but have it come out way faster, swing his arm a little faster, and have less endlag. Make it weak and give it a purple sludge trail effect that actually has weak, disjointed hurtboxes with outward knockback. So it's an attack with excellent speed and range, but it's hella weak and now that he lacks a Side Special mobility option, it's very balanced in terms of ease of follow-up. Landing with one and chasing with a grab would probably be amazingly good, which is perfect. He's supposed to be a grappler anyways.

Give him a ranged follow up on his throws. Idea for his Side Special: Use Caporai's idea to make something like Din's Fire, Melee style.
  • Ganondorf casts his arm out before him, slinging a quick mote of shadow into the air before him. It comes out fast.
  • The projectile does has no hitbox or hurtbox of any kind, it merely represents a reticle.
  • The projectile can be aimed similarly to Zelda's, but with a significantly lowered max range.
  • When B Button is released, the mote explodes, releasing shadow energy.
  • Knockback grows as the mote travels further. The closer to him he releases the mote, the less safe he is even on hit. Ganondorf wants to use this at or near max range.
  • The explosion is very similar to 3.0 Sword Ganondorf's Up Special in knockback and trajectory. Hell, it might as well be the same graphic, save on memory.
  • Exactly when the max distance is reached, the mote flashes bright purple and enlarges for a single frame. If the player releases B Button on that frame exactly, the explosion will be lethal.
  • If the player does not release B Button before this sweetspot frame, the mote dissipates and Ganondorf suffers normal endlag, much like Zelda or Ness. Think of it like Ness bumping PK Flash into a surface.
  • No matter what, Ganondorf always suffers the same amount of endlag. If he connects with a good hit, his new Fair would be fast enough to become a follow-up.

The player is encouraged to learn the move and get a "feel" for the move. It's Wisdom Ganondorf's bread and butter. Teaches discipline, greed comes at a risk and you could pay for it if you make a mistake. It's that thinking that keeps players from risking it. It is for this reason that Ganondorf not have a solid frontal aerial punish attack. Any aerials he could connect with after the sour shadow flame explosion may lead into a KO option, but not directly. This is why the above mentioned Fair is perfect.
Up+B: Merge it with his vanilla Side Special. He rises upward with his dark fist in the same motion as the vanilla Up Special. At the apex, he doesn't swing his fist like vanilla, though. He just misses to grab, just like vanilla Side Special. If he does connect, it works exactly like aerial vanilla Side+B, catch them and DBZ dive.

If he had the teleport Up Special that doesn't put him into Special Fall like Mewtwo on two movesets, he'd be more like Mewtwo, not Ganondorf.

I think Neutral Special should be similar to the 3.0 Sword Neutral Special but it's faster, weaker, and he uses magic with his fists. Idk

Last edited:

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
Nice ideas, I have been playing around with float variables and looks like I can work out some interesting outcomes.

\Apples

Smash Journeyman
Down Special: Ground Punch. http://youtu.be/vHuN2CUfQ9c?t=5m31s
  • Use it grounded and he winds up and slams his fist on the ground, making a shockwave. Not sure if it's in front or on both sides or if it's lightning energy or dark. Lightning would be swag.
  • Use it airborne, he levitates for a brief moment like he would during his vanilla Aerial Down Special, but for a tad bit longer.
  • Then he descends quickly with his fist leading the way downward, vertically. Upon landing, same effect as using it grounded.
  • I believe you had a Down Tilt at one point that worked something like this. But the result will be slightly different.
  • As he descends, the punch meteors downward strong, much like a vanilla Down Aerial. Upon landing, however, the shockwave is weak and the 10 frame window on knockback stacking would replace the knockback to the weak hit.
  • Just like vanilla Down Special, the punch would come to an end eventually and upon landing, Ganondorf has a much weaker, smaller shockwave. I think the distance the punch should travel downward is shorter than vanilla Down Special. He should have to use it in the air closer to the ground, where he is at greater risk of being punished, if he wants to be able to meteor and combo off the weaker shockwave hit. If he does it higher up, he also leaves himself more wide open at the end, but is safer during start-up and thus yields a less delicious reward for successfully using the move.

Last edited:

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
Awesome I'm glad you enjoy it. As for Magic Ganon only ideas has been generated nothing has actually been put into action yet. I will gladly like to take more ideas if anyone care to share. So far myself and BronzeGreekGod has gotten a good basic plan for most of the moveset.
You guys have probably already discussed this, but the fake projectiles you had for a bunch of Sword Ganon's moves on a previous version were really cool. The jab in particular was awesome, but the tilts were rad to. Maybe you could incorporate those into his Magic moveset?

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
I wonder, during as Magic Ganon, should he have some dark aura emitted on him or as a trail (In contrast of Sword Ganon's shiny sword)? So far I like how tel1204 managed to do nice GFX on his Dark Mario. Also there are some movements from True Ganondorf that would be a nice addition as well, especially his U-Smash and Dash.

Last edited:

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
Also his Ground Punch i found a video of, somewhere around "0:30". While the next video around "3:00 and up" is his Sword-Up-B animation,which could go for Magic Ganon Up-B without the sword.

Last edited:

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
Yes I like those. I'm still trying to figure out how the fake projectiles will work out, I was trying to hack the articles but it's not going well haha.

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
Yo that ground punch is swag.
Haha indeed. :D
Anyway, which of these animation do you thnk that would fit Magic Ganon?
Ground Punch was Down-B as far I know of.

Yes I like those. I'm still trying to figure out how the fake projectiles will work out, I was trying to hack the articles but it's not going well haha.
Sorry I'm new to this but, what does Fake Projectile mean?

Top Bottom