• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf Sword Mode for ProjectM

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
Yup, you got the first part right. The vortex stays in his left hand during the Win Wait though. Like I said, I replaced his 3rd winning animations with those ones. I thought it would go good with Ganon. Kinda took his Render in Brawl for inspiration for the pose.

Also glad to see people like my ideas and animation work. I haven't been doing it for long.

Last edited:

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
Yup, you got the first part right. The vortex stays in his left hand during the Win Wait though. Like I said, I replaced his 3rd winning animations with those ones. I thought it would go good with Ganon. Kinda took his Render in Brawl for inspiration for the pose.

Also glad to see people like my ideas and animation work. I haven't been doing it for long.
You are good at animating man. You should call for Ashingda btw cuz he's doing alot of work. :D

Last edited:

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
If I can help in any way, I certainly will. I have a reputation growing on Brawl Vault that I do that a lot. So why not try here as well? Someone pointed this hack out to me a few months ago. Been using it ever since.

Here's the new Wait with Sword animation I did. Just imagine him holding it I guess. Based off of his original Win3Wait.

Last edited:

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
Alright. :D

well so far I tried to put in ef_cyborg.pac next to ef_ganon in FitGanon.pac, to see if I could use Gray Fox trail on Ganondorf, but that failed. So only trace he can use though is 7 which is common trail.
Gonna add a Sword Glow Model for each of his swords, so here's a download link for most of his sword model made for TriforceGanon v0.1:

FitMotionEtc which each of this FitGanonMotionEtc.pac contains a different sword.
Fit.pac for TriforceGanon v.01 (edited version on Magic Ganon which pulls out darkness in Magic Mode as seen here. video by Ashingda)

Last edited:

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
Sweet. I'll test this stuff soon.

EDIT: I'm uploading a video to YouTube now. It'll be done in 30 min or so.

Okay here it is.

Alright I tested him out, and man is he awesome! I love it even more than the other one.

Last edited:

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
I was able to add my GFX's and animations to the newest version of this PSA. I think it's pretty damn awesome looking.

Last edited:

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
Dayum it looks awesome.
Btw... are you naoto-san with hero of the blueflame ike (who i did ask about PM version)?

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
Yeah. If you couldn't already tell by my avatar. Its supposed to be Naoto by the way.

I can't seem to get the dark flames to stay on all his sword attacks though. I might need some help with that.

Last edited:

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
Havent tried this yet but...

Set loop Infinite
Set loop x
External graphic effect: for the sword (0015 0010 for ganondorfs dark flame as his entry or 0000 0052 for common dark orb)​
Execute loop
External graphic effect:
Synchronous timer: frame = y​
Execute loop:

Or the endless/infinite sword glow trick see nikeru in brawlvault.

Terminate Sword Glow: Fade Time = true
Sword Glow: (where "state=false")

and GraphicID used to be glow model in Sword Glow, but can try to switch into darkness effect and play with bone 47(or was it 41) and Y-offset for the line of his sword.

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
I'm using the second method already. For some reason the trail will stay just fine, but the dark flame GFX won't. I'm stumped, cause it worked on Ike.

Want me to send the files to you? Maybe you can get it working. Or know someone who can.

Last edited:

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
(there's something wrong with Graphic ID:82(52 in hex), so I "synchronous timer: frame=30" on the first method at the start, it disappear and reappear. Doing it to frame = 6, it disappear and doesn't return unless given subaction to perform.)

Try to make a subroutine for the first method.

This was originally for magic stance (given for almost all subactions related to Magic Ganon)
-------
If Bit is Set: LA-Bit[229]
Goto Subroutine​
End If:
-------

Subroutine part:
---------
Set loop Infinite
Set loop 5 Times
External Graphic Effect: File=21, Graphic ID=10 Bone=FFFFFFFE, Scale=1, Anchored=true​
Execute loop
External Graphic Effect: File=0, Graphic ID=82(52 in hex), Bone=41, Scale=0.6 Anchored=true
External Graphic Effect: File=0, Graphic ID=82(52 in hex), Bone=29, Scale=0.6 Anchored=true
Synchronous timer: frames = 30​
Execute loop:
---------

Ganondorfs Darkness Aura which is the Set loop 5 times, lasts forever, while these on his hands blinks every second.
I did a similar subroutine for sword ganon, removed Darkness Aura and did put 15 External Graphic Effects of darkness. and did put synchronous timer: frame=6 in order to make his dark orb come faster. The results were the dark orb blinked once and disappeared.

Btw I wanna see your code to see if I can pull it off. Perhaps you can put in Endless Sword Glow inside Subroutine.

(Also, try to see if aura effect lasts forever on Sword Ganon like HotBF Ike)

Last edited:

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
Okay, well they way I got it to work on Ike was on every SubAction i put a goto GFX Wait1 code. I probably should've done the SubRoutine instead though. I'll post a link to the modified Triforce Ganon soon.

Last edited:

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
Same here.

EDIT: Alright, here's what I did. The GFX I added are in the WaitItem SubAction. I'll try out your method though. The FitGanonMotionEtc.pac has the Animations I made in it. Feel free to use them as you see fit.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rijw8f4zrxj7aqe/AADBH3zwlEtC_nVySphq_d8ua

Also, I'm using BrawlBox to edit my PSA's I kinda use PSA but not very often. Only when I need to.

How often does Ashingda come on this thread of his?

Last edited:

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
Okay I'm confused. In BrawlBox it says:
If Bit is Set: LA-Bit[997]
Goto SubRoutine27 in the SubRoutines list
End If

Is LA-Bit 997 the same as the 229 you referenced?

Also, I don't really know how to use LA-Bit's as pointers. How do I know what number to use?

Last edited:

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
You better check on it with PSA 2.35. it may be easier.

Anyway it looks my day is over. Gonna go for sleep now since its 2.am in sweden. Will try your version tomorrow.

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
Alright. Good night man try and rest up, and tell me what you think later.

The GFX I put in there loops forever until you move. While standing it works just fine though. So all I need to figure out is how to get it to stay while he's moving and attacking as well.

EDIT: Good news! I got the Infinite Sword Glow with GFX to work like your Dark Aura. I just need to fix a couple things and it should be done.

Okay, I updated the Dropbox link I posted earlier. Post #534. It should have the new GFX's added to it now.

Had a little issue with saving the file for some reason, but I fixed it.

Last edited:

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
Hi there, glad to have you join us. Sorry I've been busy with other things at the moment so progress has been slow. I should have an update soon.

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
Hi there, glad to have you join us. Sorry I've been busy with other things at the moment so progress has been slow. I should have an update soon.
No problem man, we all know that we have other important stuffs in our lives that needs to be done before moving to this. Also it feels great that you are alive and doing well i hope.

As for me I have learned many stuffs in PSA that feels essential, even went as far helping many people in the forums for both brawlvault and smashboard.

Overall I cannot wait to see your new update. :D

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
Alright. Good night man try and rest up, and tell me what you think later.

The GFX I put in there loops forever until you move. While standing it works just fine though. So all I need to figure out is how to get it to stay while he's moving and attacking as well.

EDIT: Good news! I got the Infinite Sword Glow with GFX to work like your Dark Aura. I just need to fix a couple things and it should be done.

Okay, I updated the Dropbox link I posted earlier. Post #534. It should have the new GFX's added to it now.

Had a little issue with saving the file for some reason, but I fixed it.
Alright. Will check on it.

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
Umm for some reason i cant open FitGanon on PSA, just like HotBF. Is this edited on brawlbox 0.68b?

Last edited:

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030

Hello. I like love your work on this. He's so awesome! I just felt it would be good to contribute to this amazing hack, and take a bit of the burden off of your shoulders with some decent animations. Hope you like what I've done for him.

Alright. Will check on it.
I tested him out earlier and he works great. Hopefully it gets implemented.

Last edited:

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
Umm for some reason i cant open FitGano on PSA, just like HotBF. Is this edited on brawlbox 0.68b?

Yeah I said that's what I'm more familiar with. Sorry for the inconvenience man. I'm just not that good with PSA at all. I'm okay with BrawlBox though.

Well its getting late for me. Its like 4:30am here. I gotta get up early to clean the house.

Last edited:

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I said that's what I'm more familiar with. Sorry for the inconvenience man. I'm just not that good with PSA at all. I'm okay with BrawlBox though.
Alright np man. On the contrary The la bit 997 is 229 in PSA, just as you expected.

Last edited:

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
I tried to use your version Naoto-san, sadly the game froze when picking ganondorf in character selection.
(i did download both of your files from your link.) Perhaps motionfile is big.

Last edited:

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
That's odd. It works fine for me. I'll figure it out later. I gotta clean now.

Last edited:

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
Alright. Btw what does graphic id= 1376256 do? Its on the top two sword glow in subroutine.

Last edited:

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
I dunno. I kinda just took it off of Ike's I think.

EDIT: Okay, I think I fixed it. There was a problem with one of the GotoSubRoutine codes I put in. I guess it didn't save correctly or something. It should work just fine now. Try re-downloading the FitGanon.pac file.

Last edited:

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for late reply (they pulled off my teeth of wisdom recently).

I redownloaded the files and tried to select ganondorf on selection screen... still it freeze (and on dolphin it crashes) :( Will check on the code for the purpose.

Edit: it could be the sword glow that may be the issue for me, so i used the infinite loop on his sword and used External Graphic Effects and synchronous timer in similar structure as your subroutine infinite loop, which works well (although i have to put subroutines in every subaction related to swordganon.)

Last edited:

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
I tried it too and it froze. The problem has to be the motion file because it's now too big, might have to reduce the key frames in some of the animations.

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
That's weird. Its the one I'm using, and it works fine for me. Maybe you guys are using costumes with a high file size with it. I fixed an issue with the Sword Run GFX. Other than that it doesn't freeze on me at all. I'm using The Black Knights model over every slot on my Ganon. His highest file size is 760 KB's. Try using a model with a lower file size like me, because so far I've had no problems with it. Aside from my coding screw-ups.

Last edited:

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
That's weird. Its the one I'm using, and it works fine for me. Maybe you guys are using costumes with a high file size with it. I fixed an issue with the Sword Run GFX. Other than that it doesn't freeze on me at all. I'm using The Black Knights model over every slot on my Ganon. His highest file size is 760 KB's. Try using a model with a lower file size like me, because so far I've had no problems with it. Aside from my coding screw-ups.
Hmm... if model size is the issue (regular ganondorf model size is over 1MB) then i will check on black knight if this is the cause. Gonna upload a version of my darkflame sword ganon soon (with purple trace using on common3.pac).

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
This mod is designed to work with a regular ProjectM so working into the vanilla model is part of the goal.

@ Heavy D88 Heavy D88
I like your wait animation, but to use it well I'll have to modify just about every other animation to translate into it.

I need help with ideas for U-Tilt, D-Smash, F-Smash, and possibly U-Air for the magic mode.

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
U-tilt would go well with his U-throw animation (if you want to save an animation slot) with a combination from sword ganon v2.3 U-tilt

Last edited:

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
D-smash can be used from his Win1 or Win2 animation (Just a suggestion since Im out of ideas atm.)

\Apples

Smash Journeyman
Ashingda, I've been playing your most recent sword Ganon version and I have some feedback for you.

1. Allow Ganon to grab the ledge while using Aerial Down Special, just like Bowser and Yoshi. As long as the player isn't holding down on the control stick and is facing the ledge, they grab it.

2. A lot of his moves don't have many follow-ups, and I love this, but he may need a little something to make this playstyle rewarding and reasonable. He has insane range, and he must make a lot of hard reads to make things happen. There are definitely a few places to make tweaks, and I'm not sure where those places are. But I'm getting a strong feel for him as a character and I'll be back with specifics as solutions come to me. I don't wanna say anything more just yet until I know what the necessary changes are. Really excited to see the changes you make in the next build, this last one is the best yet, hands down.

Last edited:

Kurukato87

Smash Apprentice
This move set and everything people have added to it make Gannon a much more fun character to play as. The sword Glow Caporai added looks amazing in game. I can't wait for more.

Granfalloon

Smash Cadet
Swordglow REALLY ties it together visually I agree, it's a fantastic addition. Thank you to Heavy, Caporai and Ashingda for your incredible work!! Can't wait to see your next revision in action!

Top Bottom