• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gameshark Code Collection

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
Thanks. I'll need to look it up, then I can update first post.

I think it would be better to wait a while, before testing my codes, because a good portion of the codes that I myself created, have not been tested on a console, so some of them might not be safe to use. This week, I'll start checking codes and perhaps replace old codes with safer alternatives. So at the very least, wait until my first post is updated.
Yea you gotta be careful with the codes cause one of them bricked my game shark 3.2 lol just becareful when you enter them in

tehz

Smash Apprentice
I can write a gameshark intro guide if anyone wants. But, here's a quick start focusing on the stage selection codes (as they're probably the most useful codes for console until you (or I ...) updated your stock/timer code)

Gameshark for Smash 101
Things you'll need:
  1. Gameshark Pro (v 3.0 + preferably)
    Regualr gamesharks won't work with SSB64 due to copy protection (i think)
  2. Copy of Super Mario 64 or Goldeneye
    Other games will work too, but those are the most common and what I use
  3. SSB64
  4. MAYBE!! An Expansion Pak.
    The GS just seems more stable if you have one + you get a cool memory editor
Step 0: Booting the Gameshark

Since the gameshark is an awful piece of technology, even starting the thing up is a labored mess. You'll have to do these steps everytime you start Smash (or, more accurately, every time the N64 crashes because the gameshark is awful or you mistyped a code or because someone bumped the table, etc.)

1. Put in your copy of SM64/Goldeneye and turn the N64 on.
    The GS should boot-up (the red LED on the cart will count down from 5)
  2. Choose the "Key Codes" option from the main menu
  3. Hit down on the D-Pad once. The key code should be for "Diddy, 1080, Banjo, Griffey"
  4. Hit A. Confirm that you do have the game
  5. Turn off the N64, and replace SM64/GE with SSB64
  6. Turn the N64 back on, and the gameshark should boot (the red LED on the cart will count down from 5)
I'll work on this more/add in pictures [http://imgur.com/a/9q69r] after football.

Last edited:

Z-Rex

Smash Cadet
I can write a gameshark intro guide if anyone wants. But, here's a quick start focusing on the stage selection codes (as they're probably the most useful codes for console until you (or I ...) updated your stock/timer code)

Gameshark for Smash 101
Things you'll need:
  1. Gameshark Pro (v 3.0 + preferably)
    Regualr gamesharks won't work with SSB64 due to copy protection (i think)
  2. Copy of Super Mario 64 or Goldeneye
    Other games will work too, but those are the most common and what I use
  3. SSB64
  4. MAYBE!! An Expansion Pak.
    The GS just seems more stable if you have one + you get a cool memory editor
Step 0: Booting the Gameshark

Since the gameshark is an awful piece of technology, even starting the thing up is a labored mess. You'll have to do these steps everytime you start Smash (or, more accurately, every time the N64 crashes because the gameshark is awful or you mistyped a code or because someone bumped the table, etc.)

1. Put in your copy of SM64/Goldeneye and turn the N64 on.
    The GS should boot-up (the red LED on the cart will count down from 5)
  2. Choose the "Key Codes" option from the main menu
  3. Hit down on the D-Pad once. The key code should be for "Diddy, 1080, Banjo, Griffey"
  4. Hit A. Confirm that you do have the game
  5. Turn off the N64, and replace SM64/GE with SSB64
  6. Turn the N64 back on, and the gameshark should boot (the red LED on the cart will count down from 5)
I'll work on this more/add in pictures [http://imgur.com/a/9q69r] after football.
I recently went through this process blind, and this guide would've prevented so much frustration. Somehow I wiped my save file on my primary SSB cartridge (years of VS data, unlocks, etc) necessitating a very boring afternoon slogging through the campaign several times.

Eventually I pieced these steps together from trial/error/google, but if we want more people to adopt GS-enhanced stagelists, etc we'll need to make it less intimidating. Guides like this to take the guesswork out. Let me know how I can help.

bb010g

Smash Cadet
What emulator are you using? What you can do is find the offset, and use that to convert addresses. For example, for converting cheat engine addresses with Nemu, to n64 memory, you add 0x6FFE0000 to the cheat engine address. For 1964, the offset is 0x60000000. PJ64 is a hassle, so I wouldn't bother using that with cheat engine, since the addresses are not static in PJ64.
Ah. I was using a recent mupen64plus build, and it mustn't use static addressing either. I'm thinking about putting in a nemu-style N64 memory view into M64Py (a.k.a. mupen64plus-ui-python).

Last edited:

DiegoSSB

Smash Rookie
Hey guys this gameshark can replace the hit sounds from the version (U) to (J) , made by me

81073F84 8007
81073F86 4FB7
81073F88 8007
81073F8A 4FAE
81073F8C 8007
81073F8E 4FC2
81073FF8 8007
81073FFA 4FA5
81073FFC 8007
81073FFE 4F9A
81074000 8007
81074002 4FC2
81074008 8007
8107400A 4F9A

he he he is slightly different

Last edited:

Madao

@ tehz tehz That's a lot. It looks great! I'll try including it in my OP sometime. I haven't gotten around to doing a lot of stuff yet.
Yea you gotta be careful with the codes cause one of them bricked my game shark 3.2 lol just becareful when you enter them in
Sorry to hear about that :( . I should probably just remove codes that have issues (like fall through platform code). What codes did you have enabled? I feel bad ;/ .
Ah. I was using a recent mupen64plus build, and it mustn't use static addressing either. I'm thinking about putting in a nemu-style N64 memory view into M64Py (a.k.a. mupen64plus-ui-python).
I'll check out M64p with cheat engine and test it. That would be great if you could manage to put in a nemu-style N64 memory viewer.

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
@ Madao Madao it's alright! It was the melee falcon, but with n64 up air
Edit: and I think melee link too, but those weren't really your codes so don't feel bad, I just wanted to warn you guys that one codes can brick the game shark

Last edited:

Indefa

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys this gameshark can replace the hit sounds from the version (U) to (J) , made by me

81073F84 8007
81073F86 4FB7
81073F88 8007
81073F8A 4FAE
81073F8C 8007
81073F8E 4FC2
81073FF8 8007
81073FFA 4FA5
81073FFC 8007
81073FFE 4F9A
81074000 8007
81074002 4FC2
81074008 8007
8107400A 4F9A

Very cool, except are the sounds meant to echo this much? O.o

Indefa

Smash Apprentice
Didn't want to make a new thread just for this, but has anyone tried using an Everdrive 64 to play smash? not sure how successful the gamshark codes would be with smash.

Indefa

Smash Apprentice
VERY good inquiry @ Indefa Indefa , ill be getting one after apex most likely and find out myself
Wanted to get one for myself (possibly more) would love to hear what you have to say about it when you get it.

I've read that people can get gameshark codes working well with other games and I've defiantly seen the debug menu working but no idea if the other general stuff works. I suppose you could also run modded versions of the Rom on it, throw in some fancy textures etc. Would be awesome if the console could run it.

Edit: Gamesharks work on console with the Everdrive

Last edited:

Sedda

Smash Champion
hey nerds

cpu's seem to only tech when theyre going to hit the floor from really high up. is there a code that makes the cpu chars tech randomly every time they hit the floor? ive always wanted to practice techchase set ups and option covers with link, for example, but the only reliable way to practice that is in real matches when those specific situations occur.

ThaJakester

Valatunda! Valatunda!
NNID
ThaJakester
Ello Madao! Do you know if there is a way to edit stages with codes? I know dreamland's wind and the tornado have been removed this way through game shark...but can the lava in Planet Zebes be removed of its damaging properties if not just straight up the lava removed all together??? Would that be possible? And while I am in this topic, is there a code that ONLY removes just the wind in dreamland or a code that ONLY removes the tornado in Hyrule? Basically a code for each removal, 2 separate codes. Is there also a way to edit blast zones of stages? The how to play stage would be pretty interesting to have "modified to become competitive" if ya know what I mean ;)

My final question is if it's possible to have the game upon booting with gameshark, pre-set all the game settings to competitive defaults like team attack on, items off, 5 stock, ect. Would it be possible to create a code to accomplish this? This would be AMAZING if pulled off. Alas that is the last of my questions! I'm sorry that I am so obviously feeding off of your knowledge :C Don't feel pressured or anything. Just keep doing what you enjoy man! And I appreciate the read!

Last edited:

caneut

Smash Ace
Ello Madao! Do you know if there is a way to edit stages with codes? I know dreamland's wind and the tornado have been removed this way through game shark...but can the lava in Planet Zebes be removed of its damaging properties if not just straight up the lava removed all together??? Would that be possible? And while I am in this topic, is there a code that ONLY removes just the wind in dreamland or a code that ONLY removes the tornado in Hyrule? Basically a code for each removal, 2 separate codes. Is there also a way to edit blast zones of stages? The how to play stage would be pretty interesting to have "modified to become competitive" if ya know what I mean ;)

My final question is if it's possible to have the game upon booting with gameshark, pre-set all the game settings to competitive defaults like team attack on, items off, 5 stock, ect. This would be AMAZING if pulled off. Alas that is the last of my questions! I'm sorry that I am so obviously feeding off of your knowledge :C Don't feel pressured or anything. Just keep doing what you enjoy man! And I appreciate the read!
All standard stuff.

BatteryBird

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I just got myself an Everdrive 64 for xmas (as in i finally got it in the mail last week). I've been looking high and low for a modded rom of SSB64 to try on it. However all I've found are gameshark codes. The Everdrive can successfully play games using GS codes but its still kind of a hassle. I saw earlier in this thread Knitephox asking if anyone could/knows how/did successfully edit a rom to have all the properties the codes would give just built in. I'm also looking for texture edits. Having those also edited into the rom would be amazing. (Dannys night time DL, funny ms paint looking DL from Sextc's "the sex tape", that background on SZ in the same vid)

So ya if anyone could make or has an edited rom (not gameshark codes) that starts with TA on, 5 stocks (timer too??), No items, and a moded stage select list (FD, metal cavern, how to play, polygon etc..) I'd greatly appreciate it and be happy to be a guinea pig for testing it on everdrive (I could post vids/stream/etc). Finally like I said stage textures/alt character costumes/colors are a bonus.

Thanks in advance:)

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
There you go! Ever drive! Lol I forgot it's name in the Skype chat but any way @ Madao Madao if you don't know what it is, it's an n64 cartridge that has an Sd card slot so you can play NES games, SNES games, and even N64 ROM hacks :)

Indefa

Smash Apprentice
There you go! Ever drive! Lol I forgot it's name in the Skype chat but any way @ Madao Madao if you don't know what it is, it's an n64 cartridge that has an Sd card slot so you can play NES games, SNES games, and even N64 ROM hacks :)
Unfortunately SNES games won't work on the ED64, NES game will though.

WEEGRO

Smash Rookie
I saw a video on youtube of someone swapping out the animations at the character select screen how is this possible?

Madao

Sorry for the late reply folks. Time flies xD.
hey nerds

cpu's seem to only tech when theyre going to hit the floor from really high up. is there a code that makes the cpu chars tech randomly every time they hit the floor? ive always wanted to practice techchase set ups and option covers with link, for example, but the only reliable way to practice that is in real matches when those specific situations occur.
It would be a tough code to make, especially if this is for console. An easier solution if you're running an emulator, would be to have a macro/script that makes player 2 auto tech. I think I saw a program like that, on that japanese site with a collection of interesting program. Can't promise anything, but I can try experimenting with emulator, seeing what sort of easy hacks I can do.

My final question is if it's possible to have the game upon booting with gameshark, pre-set all the game settings to competitive defaults like team attack on, items off, 5 stock, ect. Would it be possible to create a code to accomplish this? This would be AMAZING if pulled off. Alas that is the last of my questions! I'm sorry that I am so obviously feeding off of your knowledge :C Don't feel pressured or anything. Just keep doing what you enjoy man! And I appreciate the read!
Yes, removing damage of lava would be easy. As for removing all of the lava, I've never attempted it, so idk how difficult it would be to do. For blast zones, I'm pretty sure I posted the codes somewhere. If not, I can add them in.

As for booting game with pre-set game settings, it's been done before I even started making codes. I just never added them here, since most people already have the code and I wanted to focus on submitting codes not found by anyone else :) . I don't mind answering questions. I enjoy these discussions, because then I know, at least someone else is interested too ;) .
I saw a video on youtube of someone swapping out the animations at the character select screen how is this possible?
I've never done it, but my assumption is that they are just editing a pointer. So think of it as simply changing an ID.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668

81073F84 8007
81073F86 4FB7
81073F88 8007
81073F8A 4FAE
81073F8C 8007
81073F8E 4FC2
81073FF8 8007
81073FFA 4FA5
81073FFC 8007
81073FFE 4F9A
81074000 8007
81074002 4FC2
81074008 8007
8107400A 4F9A

I'll plan on using this, I prefer these sound anyway. thanks

ThaJakester

Valatunda! Valatunda!
NNID
ThaJakester
As for booting game with pre-set game settings, it's been done before I even started making codes. I just never added them here, since most people already have the code and I wanted to focus on submitting codes not found by anyone else :)
In regards to that statement, I personally think that we should include all functioning codes made by everybody in this thread! That, or just make a 'new codes thread' and this one can be the "Mado's Codes Thread." Of course I'm not the TC(you are :p) so my say is small lol, but I just think it would be easier on people, myself included lololol, if there was a single centralized place where all codes discovered are located! I try googling "Smash 64 Gameshark Codes" and so many different pages pop up with different codes that it gets confusing D:

Madao

I'm not against posting other people's codes, just never got around to adding every single code I saw. One of these days, I may very well start adding a lot of known codes. Part of my problem is simply the fact that I'm unorganized. + I'm a procrastinator too :) .

ThaJakester

Valatunda! Valatunda!
NNID
ThaJakester
I'm not against posting other people's codes, just never got around to adding every single code I saw. One of these days, I may very well start adding a lot of known codes. Part of my problem is simply the fact that I'm unorganized. + I'm a procrastinator too :) .
Lol dude, it's no worries! You do enough!<3 Alas, I will discover these competitive default codes myself! They shall be posted here by me when it is a reality!

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Looking for the way too add all of the lines of code at once, forgot how to edit the .cht file

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
ooh i think i know what you mean, you just gotta use commas etc, hold up ill show example

gotta follow the syntax and copy/paste to piece together your own codes, something like this code

thats 3 codes in 1, with modifier selector as an example. the 3 codes are, FD enabler, skip stage select screen and stage select via modifier with FD added

i made that code for the quickmatch rom ( THANKS to @ Madao Madao for making the rom for me [true n****] )

for example if i wanted to put another code, i would just copy pasterino up to the first quote then put in a 1 instead of the 0 to make it read Cheat241="MY FIRST CODE.EXE",(gameshark pasta here)

Last edited:

Bakasama

Smash Apprentice
Allow FD with a stage select swap code:
D0099113 0018
80099113 0019
D00A4D09 0010
81104C14 2002
D00A4D09 0010
81104C16 000E

It won't swap the stage, it just allows it through a basic code like
D00A4D09 0005
800A4D09 0010
which would swap Yoshi's with FD

"always loads 0x0E in the event the actual level index is 0x10? The CPU instruction can be overwritten by the GameShark, and the game program will reload it from ROM before the next match, so it won't break doing it this way.

There's also the matter of the music. By default, the level uses the "Master Hand is approaching" tune, which isn't the one you'd want to battle to. The tune has an index of 0x18, and the formal Master Hand battle music is 0x19. So, easily enough, a GameShark code can detect one and replace it with the other. "

I stole this code from "GuyPerfect" on Rustedlogic.net

swede55

Smash Rookie
Thank you for the codes.

There's one code I've been wanting for a very long time, and it pertains to the bane of my very existence - the dreaded Stickjump.

A code that could disable stickjumping would be a gift sent from God!
Do you think it's possible?

Last edited:

tehz

Smash Apprentice
madao has probably looked into the stick jump more, but I'd imagine it'd be impossible to turn off with a gameshark code. The RAM location of the actual code that allows stick jumping (and thus what you'd want to modify so you don't stick jump) probably changes based on the level you're playing on. So, simple gameshark codes won't work. (You might get very lucky, and you could make a huge list of [If on this stage, modify this value here] for each stage to interfere with the stick jump subroutine. Or, you might not)

The gameshark is an awful piece of hardware, so even if you wrote your own program in machine code to find and modify the stick-jump subroutine, you probably would run out of GS code space before you had your whole program. IDK, doing something like that is probably a little beyond the capabilities of 64 hacking right now, unless the Madao/Guy Perfect superteam is more super than I think.

You could probably make a rom edit, though.

ZenBren

Smash Rookie
Sorry for the late reply folks. Time flies xD.
It would be a tough code to make, especially if this is for console. An easier solution if you're running an emulator, would be to have a macro/script that makes player 2 auto tech. I think I saw a program like that, on that japanese site with a collection of interesting program. Can't promise anything, but I can try experimenting with emulator, seeing what sort of easy hacks I can do.
Yes, removing damage of lava would be easy. As for removing all of the lava, I've never attempted it, so idk how difficult it would be to do. For blast zones, I'm pretty sure I posted the codes somewhere. If not, I can add them in.

As for booting game with pre-set game settings, it's been done before I even started making codes. I just never added them here, since most people already have the code and I wanted to focus on submitting codes not found by anyone else :) . I don't mind answering questions. I enjoy these discussions, because then I know, at least someone else is interested too ;) .
I've never done it, but my assumption is that they are just editing a pointer. So think of it as simply changing an ID.
So is there no way to make a code that says: 'player 2 auto tech roll' or 'player 2 auto Z cancel' because I would be interested in that.

Madao

Thank you for the codes.

There's one code I've been wanting for a very long time, and it pertains to the bane of my very existence - the dreaded Stickjump.

A code that could disable stickjumping would be a gift sent from God!
Do you think it's possible?
Possible? Maybe, but not sure if I'm capable of creating the code.
madao has probably looked into the stick jump more, but I'd imagine it'd be impossible to turn off with a gameshark code. The RAM location of the actual code that allows stick jumping (and thus what you'd want to modify so you don't stick jump) probably changes based on the level you're playing on. So, simple gameshark codes won't work. (You might get very lucky, and you could make a huge list of [If on this stage, modify this value here] for each stage to interfere with the stick jump subroutine. Or, you might not)

The gameshark is an awful piece of hardware, so even if you wrote your own program in machine code to find and modify the stick-jump subroutine, you probably would run out of GS code space before you had your whole program. IDK, doing something like that is probably a little beyond the capabilities of 64 hacking right now, unless the Madao/Guy Perfect superteam is more super than I think.

You could probably make a rom edit, though.
I agree about gameshark being an awful piece of hardware ;/. I'd have to look at the machine code some more, to see what I would need to do. It just depends on how it was coded. Rom edit might be the only way, if it requires changing too much code for a gameshark to handle.
So is there no way to make a code that says: 'player 2 auto tech roll' or 'player 2 auto Z cancel' because I would be interested in that.
I can make it auto tech or auto zcancel. What I don't know how to do, is altering the AI to always tech in random directions. Also player # specific codes are a pain.

AthensHorseParty

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone have a no-nonsense dummy friendly guide for doing level switch codes in project 64? I've tried adding the level switch codes you guys have posted here and they never work for me in pj64. I've definitely played people online that got them to work.

My dream stage select screen is
Peaches, Congo, Metal Cavern, Low Acid Zebes, How to Play
Cloudless Yoshis, Dreamland, Battle Field, Final Destination

Last edited:
Top Bottom