• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gameshark Code Collection

Madao

Does anyone have a no-nonsense dummy friendly guide for doing level switch codes in project 64? I've tried adding the level switch codes you guys have posted here and they never work for me in pj64. I've definitely played people online that got them to work.
PJ64k doesn't work with activator codes. What you can do instead is have player 1 turn on the code for the specific level they want to play. The only good thing about PJ64k is that you can turn codes on and off during a game session. PJ64k is lame though, because it doesn't even sync saves and it desyncs too easily.

William5000000

Smash Journeyman
Is there a Gameshark code for the Japanese version to remove the tornado in Hyrule Castle and remove the wind in Dream Land, as well as turn off the music?

ComJacker

Smash Rookie
I've been reading this thread and it's great. Do you think you can help me with my wishlist?

Just two things;
Fox's neutral B has the same behaviour in the recent games, rapid? fire that doesn't stop opponents.
The random option in the stage select to change to another stage to choose (making it ten)

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
I've been reading this thread and it's great. Do you think you can help me with my wishlist?

Just two things;
Fox's neutral B has the same behaviour in the recent games, rapid? fire that doesn't stop opponents.
The random option in the stage select to change to another stage to choose (making it ten)
Dunno about fox's laser, but the random select in my knowledge can't be changed cause it has a weird variable that randomly selects the 9 stages so it's not possible at this time

tehz

Smash Apprentice
I can help you with this one. Here is the code to replace random with another, fixed stage:

Code:
D1133C00 A230
81133BF8 2010
D1133C00 A230
81133BFA 00??

Replace the ?? with the stage index value. I don't know if the stage indexes are in the first post, so I'll just post the relevant ones here (I think these are correct, but I'm doing them off of the top of my head):
Code:
0x09    Beta 1
0x0A    Beta 2
0x0B    How to Play Stage
0x0C    Yoshi Story (No Clouds/1P Mode Version)
0x0D    Metal Cavern
0x0E    Battlefield
0x0F    Race to the Finish
0x10    Final Destination
0x11+   Break the Target/Board the platform stages (crash in VS mode)

More info on changing the random button is here: http://smashboards.com/threads/gameshark-vs-mode-final-destination-for-real.373649/#post-17801702

Note: If you want to use FD, you need to put in the FD in VS mode cheat as well.

Last edited:

ComJacker

Smash Rookie
Thanks for that! Though it doesn't work when I set it to Final Destination (replaced ?? with 10). (Yes, I have the FD fix code turned on)

I forgot to mention, is there a way to remove the bumper from Peach's Castle? And how to change certain colours on a character (textureless, like Ness's cap)? I've searched, no results...

Last edited:

tehz

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for that! Though it doesn't work when I set it to Final Destination (replaced ?? with 10). (Yes, I have the FD fix code turned on).
Hm, that works fine on my gameshark. It is crashing, or just not loading FD?

Shears

Smash Master
It was brought to my attention that there are gs codes to load a specific character and a specific stage, is there anyway to read from the emulator which player has won? I know it's possible but has this memory mapping been done yet? I will give a cash reward to someone who can get me exactly what I want. PM me if you think you can do this or know how to do this.

Madao

Is there a Gameshark code for the Japanese version to remove the tornado in Hyrule Castle and remove the wind in Dream Land, as well as turn off the music?
I will look for it, if it does not exist, I can try making the code.
which gameshark version is best to buy to use these codes? 3.3? thanks. :)
Not sure, tbh. I don't own gameshark 3.x unfortunately.
It was brought to my attention that there are gs codes to load a specific character and a specific stage, is there anyway to read from the emulator which player has won? I know it's possible but has this memory mapping been done yet? I will give a cash reward to someone who can get me exactly what I want. PM me if you think you can do this or know how to do this.
I don't think anyone has mapped it before. I can give it a try though. I've been wanting to map the data that gets recorded. Just never got around to it. I'll let you know if I manage to find it.

William5000000

Smash Journeyman
Okay. Basically, I'd like all the Gameshark codes that are in the USA version to be in the Japanese version too. There are more of them in the USA version.

Last edited:

WEEGRO

Smash Rookie
I saw a video on youtube of someone swapping out the animations at the character select screen how is this possible?
In regards to my earlier comment i found a way to swap the animations at the character select screen in console. I realized this worked after watching a spanish youtube video showing gameshark cheat codes. If you go to an updated cheat file of super smash bro youll find character animation swaps. Basically open up the cheat file in notepad and ctrl + F to search for "animation" this will help you find the animation codes without looking through all the text. Just copy the code to your gameshark and it should work. I have only gotten a toy animation to work though.

Makala2080

Smash Rookie
Here are new cheat codes for Final Destination for other modes

I tested all and works wonderfully
Game does NOT crash!! :colorful:

Utilize Final Destination In Bonus Stage
D0099113 0018
80099113 0019
D018F1B1 0010
81104C14 2002
D018F1B1 0010
81104C16 000E
8018F1B1 8010

Utilize Final Destination During How To Play Video
D0099113 0018
80099113 0019
D018E7F1 0010
81104C14 2002
D018E7F1 0010
81104C16 000E
8018E7F1 8010

Utilize Final Destination in Training Mode
800A4AD0 8012
D0099113 0018
80099113 0019
D0190969 0010
81104C14 2002
D0190969 0010
81104C16 000E
80190969 8010

Volt-Ikazuchi

Smash Journeyman
Allow FD with a stage select swap code:
D0099113 0018
80099113 0019
D00A4D09 0010
81104C14 2002
D00A4D09 0010
81104C16 000E

It won't swap the stage, it just allows it through a basic code like
D00A4D09 0005
800A4D09 0010
which would swap Yoshi's with FD

"always loads 0x0E in the event the actual level index is 0x10? The CPU instruction can be overwritten by the GameShark, and the game program will reload it from ROM before the next match, so it won't break doing it this way.

There's also the matter of the music. By default, the level uses the "Master Hand is approaching" tune, which isn't the one you'd want to battle to. The tune has an index of 0x18, and the formal Master Hand battle music is 0x19. So, easily enough, a GameShark code can detect one and replace it with the other. "

I stole this code from "GuyPerfect" on Rustedlogic.net
Weird. I can't get PJ64 1.6 to accept this code. (It greys out the add cheat and update cheat option.)
Edit: Managed to get it working on 2.1 and directly editing the cht file with notepad worked fine.

I've read something about Falcon's knee in 64. Is this a dream?

Just wondering here, but is there a way to get these codes in hex? If I know what and where to edit, I'm pretty sure Lunar IPS can patch the game easily, (judging by the rest of the thread there were some previous issues with patching before. Don't know if they were fixed.)

Thanks for the codes. Great job.

Last edited:

tehz

Smash Apprentice
Weird. I can't get PJ64 1.6 to accept this code. (It greys out the add cheat and update cheat option.)
Edit: Managed to get it working on 2.1 and directly editing the cht file with notepad worked fine.

I've read something about Falcon's knee in 64. Is this a dream?

Just wondering here, but is there a way to get these codes in hex? If I know what and where to edit, I'm pretty sure Lunar IPS can patch the game easily, (judging by the rest of the thread there were some previous issues with patching before. Don't know if they were fixed.)

Thanks for the codes. Great job.
Does PJ1.6 even support activator codes (D0/D1)?

I think someone replaced falcon's fair with his sex kick and gave it an electric effect. (Melee falcon worship is incredibly dumb anyways)

Patching 64 is always wonderful. You can ask Madao for more info if you're interested. But, SSB64's compression was just decoded, so all you have to do is find the binary code among the 2000 decompressed files, change the binary, re-update the file list so you can recompres the rom, and hope that your new code will actually be pulled into working memory when DMA'd.

Also, some of these activator codes (ie, the stage change codes) will not be easy patches and will probably require you to write a trainer.

Volt-Ikazuchi

Smash Journeyman
Does PJ1.6 even support activator codes (D0/D1)?

I think someone replaced falcon's fair with his sex kick and gave it an electric effect. (Melee falcon worship is incredibly dumb anyways)

Patching 64 is always wonderful. You can ask Madao for more info if you're interested. But, SSB64's compression was just decoded, so all you have to do is find the binary code among the 2000 decompressed files, change the binary, re-update the file list so you can recompres the rom, and hope that your new code will actually be pulled into working memory when DMA'd.

Also, some of these activator codes (ie, the stage change codes) will not be easy patches and will probably require you to write a trainer.
Apparently they do. Never had a problem with D0 D1 codes, including the example one for stage switching.
Thanks. (I actually think 64 Falcon was the best Falcon, but dat knee is too good. Do you have the codes?)

Edit: Don't know if you guys know this, but if you use the time-stock match code and a player gets more ko's (Points) and the other takes out all of the stocks of the other (Survives the match), the game goes to sudden death.
Really cool for the code to consider the match a draw, but some people (including me) ain't so cool with Sudden Deaths so I'm dropping this heads-up. Code's amazing btw.

Last edited:

gabojosue

Smash Rookie
Answer request: 1 =

Ok, if someone can tell me what is the cheat codes for delete the limit of 4 items spawning on Training Mode in Super Smash Brothers 64 (U) [!] post and help me!

Last edited:

The Star King

Smash Hero
Would it be possible to make a cheat so that R does not tech, but still works as a grab or whatever?

Such a code would be a lifesaver for me like seriously

The Star King

Smash Hero
I want the cheat to train myself

I've been training on controller lately and one of my problems is I have a habit of teching with R. I've realized that this is bad because if you miss the tech, you will buffer a get up attack, which often isn't what I want to do. happens to me all the time.

I'm trying to learn to tech with Z instead for this reason, but R is deeply ingrained in me. It's hard to go against that kind of muscle memory and tech with Z without thinking. I mean obviously I can tech with Z when I'm thinking about it just fine, but it's what I do automatically that's the problem. It'd be faster to train my brain to tech with Z if R didn't work at all. If such a cheat is not possible that would make the transition process a lot more difficult for me :<

I know I can just unmap R but then I'd have to play without the grab button and use z+a, yuck. I'd rather not have to learn one thing to unlearn another

Last edited:

Shears

Smash Master
I want the cheat to train myself

I've been training on controller lately and one of my problems is I have a habit of teching with R. I've realized that this is bad because if you miss the tech, you will buffer a get up attack, which often isn't what I want to do. happens to me all the time.

I'm trying to learn to tech with Z instead for this reason, but R is deeply ingrained in me. It's hard to go against that kind of muscle memory and tech with Z without thinking. I mean obviously I can tech with Z when I'm thinking about it just fine, but it's what I do automatically that's the problem. It'd be faster to train my brain to tech with Z if R didn't work at all. If such a cheat is not possible that would make the transition process a lot more difficult for me :<

I know I can just unmap R but then I'd have to play without the grab button and use z+a, yuck. I'd rather not have to learn one thing to unlearn another
Just remove your R button.

0x00000000

Golden Rainbow

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2707-2708-0253
I'm trying codes for 1964 emulator, but I'm having no luck. Can anybody help?
The codes I'm trying (all of them are for VS mode) are:

Battlefield instead of Sector Z
Final Destination instead of Saffron City
Cloudless Yoshi's Island (sends you to 1P mode Yoshi's)
Metal Mario stage instead of Mushroom Kingdom

Using the D0 command into 80 code, as said in the first post, but no luck.

Madao

Making codes to change inputs is possibly beyond my abilities. If I remember correctly, the game treats R as z+a, so that makes it a hassle. I'll try seeing what I can do.

Answer request: 1 =

Ok, if someone can tell me what is the cheat codes for delete the limit of 4 items spawning on Training Mode in Super Smash Brothers 64 (U) [!] post and help me!
I have not found, but I can give it an attempt.

I'm trying codes for 1964 emulator, but I'm having no luck. Can anybody help?
The codes I'm trying (all of them are for VS mode) are:

Battlefield instead of Sector Z
Final Destination instead of Saffron City
Cloudless Yoshi's Island (sends you to 1P mode Yoshi's)
Metal Mario stage instead of Mushroom Kingdom

Using the D0 command into 80 code, as said in the first post, but no luck.
1964 is awesome :) . Try this for the stage swap code
Code:
D00A4D090001
800A4D09000E
D00A4D090007
800A4D090010
D00A4D090005
800A4D09000C
D00A4D090008
800A4D09000D
and just incase, here's the FD in vs mode code
Code:
D00991130018
D00A4D090010
81104C142002
D00A4D090010
81104C16000E
I tested just now and it seems to work fine. Be sure that the "Use Cheat Codes" checkbox is checked :) .

Don't know if you guys know this, but if you use the time-stock match code and a player gets more ko's (Points) and the other takes out all of the stocks of the other (Survives the match), the game goes to sudden death.
Really cool for the code to consider the match a draw, but some people (including me) ain't so cool with Sudden Deaths so I'm dropping this heads-up. Code's amazing btw.
Yes, it's known. It'll likely be difficult to change the code to skip the sudden death and judge the winner properly.

Sangoku

Smash Master
I don't know how you would expect R to do z+a some times and only z some other times. Easier to just play, such a habit can be reverted easily.

Golden Rainbow

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2707-2708-0253
I tested just now and it seems to work fine. Be sure that the "Use Cheat Codes" checkbox is checked :) .
All fine, but it still doesn't work. At this point, I don't think there's anything wrong with the code, but rather with the option I'm choosing for region. Does All Countries work? Or should I opt out for something more specific, such as USA - NTSC?

Madao

All fine, but it still doesn't work. At this point, I don't think there's anything wrong with the code, but rather with the option I'm choosing for region. Does All Countries work? Or should I opt out for something more specific, such as USA - NTSC?
Sorry for the late reply. I'm honestly not sure why it is not working for you. Assuming you are using the NTSC version, yes you should select USA - NTSC, though I'm not sure if that even makes a difference. Just to make sure, do you have that checkbox that says "Use Cheat Codes" checked?

Golden Rainbow

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2707-2708-0253
Sorry for the late reply. I'm honestly not sure why it is not working for you. Assuming you are using the NTSC version, yes you should select USA - NTSC, though I'm not sure if that even makes a difference. Just to make sure, do you have that checkbox that says "Use Cheat Codes" checked?
Yes, it's checked. :/

But okay, I think I can figure this out somehow. Also, how should I put in the cheats? Should I take every "D0-80" and put them in separate cheats? Or should I put them all together?

Volt-Ikazuchi

Smash Journeyman
Yes, it's known. It'll likely be difficult to change the code to skip the sudden death and judge the winner properly.
Thanks for replying. Don't need to bother with that code, people can SD in Sudden Death or whatever and then get the results, I just wanted to point out that going to Sudden Death there was possible.

Here's a savestate for pj 1.6. Let me know if it doesn't work. Lol I made Falcon overpowered, but it's fun. I also made the cpu Lvl 9 in the savestate.
I wound up re-reading all the thread to check if I missed any good codes and found the Falcon savestate. (Awesome btw.)
So, my questions are:
Is it possible to actually just get the Hex data of the Fair and Nair changes to directly edit the rom?
If possible, how can I do it?
(I'd usually try it myself, but every attempt I did trying to hack Pokemon Stadium 2 exploded in my face and I don't even know the data format for Smash, unlike Stadium 2.)

Edit: Tested Madao's last patch. Freakin' amazing. How did you make the time-stock match code not freeze the game when you exit Vs. mode?

Edit Encore:
Is anyone interested in editing moveset data? I'm writing a program that generates the hex code for moveset data, so far I've done about half the commands.
Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Hold the phone. Is that still a thing? I wanna help!

Last edited:

Madao

Yes, it's checked. :/

But okay, I think I can figure this out somehow. Also, how should I put in the cheats? Should I take every "D0-80" and put them in separate cheats? Or should I put them all together?
Idk what to say, other than trying my code example. It worked for me, not sure why it wouldn't for you.
Thanks for replying
Np :) .
I wound up re-reading all the thread to check if I missed any good codes and found the Falcon savestate. (Awesome btw.)
So, my questions are:
Is it possible to actually just get the Hex data of the Fair and Nair changes to directly edit the rom?
If possible, how can I do it?
Yes it's possible. First you have to decompress the ROM. Then you have to find the file that contains the data you want to edit (i use a premium hex editor that lets you search multiple files simultaneously). After editing the file, you can use a vpk compressor to compress the file, then use a file inserter to put it back into the ROM. After you are done editing the ROM, be sure to update the CRC. You can use a tool called rn64crc.exe. To make compressing easier, I made a gui front end for that compressor. Just put the exe in the same directory as the compressor, as well as the edited compressed files (to simplify the process).

Keep in mind that you'll need to install python for the decompressor and file inserter. Can't remember which version they use though ;/ .
Edit: Tested Madao's last patch. Freakin' amazing. How did you make the time-stock match code not freeze the game when you exit Vs. mode?
Thanks for the feedback :) . If the gameshark code for time-stock match freezes the game, then that means I need to fix the gameshark code . It probably needs an activator code. Just never got around to fixing certain codes.
Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Hold the phone. Is that still a thing? I wanna help!
Yes this is real :) . It's incomplete though, so it doesn't support projectile hitboxes, as well as certain properties. I think the picture explains a lot. Basically, columns D - H (those numbers betwen DS (loop) and Hitbox) represent the in-game hex data for the attacks. So each Hitbox has 20 bytes of hex data as you can see. The picture illustrates that inputing the same properties, generate the exact same output that the game does, so you can use this tool to make your own hitboxes. Keep in mind that since the program isn't complete, some of the other commands could possibly not be perfectly implemented.

Columns N - AF in the picture, show the results of the hex data. Kbs = Knockback Scaling, Fkb = Fixed Knockback, SD = Shield damage bonus, SLV = sound level, and Bkb = Base Knockback. For more information on it, you can read the text file.

The best way you could help is by just documenting information. I think I may document more stuff in the near future.

yamitos

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2165-9100-3486
Okay. So there is a code that I myself just could get not to work. I a not fully sure if it's Spanish or what kind of language it is the famous multiple projectiles code. i.e. fox shooting multiple lasers with one shot. In some of the videos it was known as ultra poder b. Here is a link to one video that mentions it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70hcr5KJ4JY. I was wondering if someone had the correct code for english.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
Poder = power, those wily mEXCellents. I read the video notes and it says that ultra power b code only works for mushroom kingdom stage

Last edited:

yamitos

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2165-9100-3486
Poder = power, those wily mEXCellents. I read the video notes and it says that ultra power b code only works for mushroom kingdom stage
Okay. translated it to english. it was spanish. I have project641.7 but I cannot add/edit cheats for some odd reason so I use 1.6. I'm kind of in a pickle here...hmm. Also: I have done the whole uncheck-hide-advanced-settings thing for pj1.7.

Last edited:

yamitos

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2165-9100-3486
o i just noticed u joined today damn, lot to learn dude haha
I joined because of the genius who made this thread. I suppose I am a noob. I got the cheat working at last btw. I think I will tinker the code for a bit and see what i can change and get away with.

yamitos

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2165-9100-3486
Some one explain how do I use ultra powder b, it looks super fun
how to use ultra power b:
1)must have project641.7
2)must play as player 2
3)must play at mushroom kingdom
i basically downloaded 1.7 and copied the cht. file from my 1.6 with ultra pwer b and then pasted it over the 1.7 cht. file. works.

If you need help getting 1.7 just ask :p

Top Bottom